Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:57:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your favorite Proof of Stake coin?
Xcashcoin [XCASH] - 1 (0.2%)
BlackCoin [BC] - 96 (16.8%)
Nextcoin [NXT] - 105 (18.4%)
Librexcoin [LXC] - 29 (5.1%)
Yacoin [YAC] - 4 (0.7%)
Bitgem [BTG] - 0 (0%)
Tekcoin [TEK] - 7 (1.2%)
Battlecoin [BCX] - 0 (0%)
HoboNickels [HBN] - 30 (5.2%)
Stealthcoin [XST] - 8 (1.4%)
BitcoinDark [BTCD] - 12 (2.1%)
Crypti [XCR] - 5 (0.9%)
PandaCoin [PND] - 79 (13.8%)
Bottlecap [CAP] - 5 (0.9%)
BitSharesX - 38 (6.6%)
Xcurrency [XC] - 13 (2.3%)
Maieuticoin [M] - 16 (2.8%)
Peercoin [PPC] - 28 (4.9%)
Pinkcoin [PC] - 2 (0.3%)
Truckcoin [TRK] - 4 (0.7%)
Bluecoin [BLU] - 3 (0.5%)
Hyper [HYPER] - 14 (2.4%)
HyperStake [HYP] - 46 (8%)
VidioShare [VDO] - 2 (0.3%)
Paycoin [XPY] *clone coin - 3 (0.5%)
Paycoin [PYC] *original coin - 1 (0.2%)
CraigsCoin [CRAIG] - 0 (0%)
NEM coin [XEM] - 21 (3.7%)
Total Voters: 572

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Proof of Stake coins █████ Voting Poll █████  (Read 28114 times)
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:51:47 AM

I was really surprised that PandaCoin is so popular Smiley.

1. It seems to be a fair coin. I will buy some of them.
2. What has the panda to do with money? Has it any special markets? Or is it just the panda because everybody likes pandas? Grin

Thank you.

Pandacoin was originally made to counter a wolong scamcoin, recently pandacoin succeeded in killing the wolong scamcoin by getting it removed from the markets.

The devs have created something much more than a counter-coin now.

Innovative features such as a browser miner to introduce new non-technical users to cryptocurrency and buypnd which allows PayPal to PND transactions.
The devs are always active and are always planning new releases/ features that actually work.

No IPO/ICO, premine, none of that stupid shit, pure fair distribution. Started with PoW and after a community vote it switched to PoS.

There are two official multipools so you can still earn PND.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notpanda8

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:10:39 AM

Pandacoin is obviously the best PoS coin with arguably the best dev teams (the dedication and skills) in all of cryptoworld.

+1 for pandacoin
trustlessgold

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:18:38 AM

+1 for Blackcoin.   So no premine for Blackcoin, but Pandacoin had a 3% premine?  Im just learning about Panda now. I found that info on an original reddit post.  How is Panda more than a new brand for Doge but with 2.5 minute blocktimes?  Is there offline staking, but isn't the network more secure if everyone is online staking like for Blackcoin's PoW2.0?
cadexn

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:21:14 AM

+1 for Blackcoin.   So no premine for Blackcoin, but Pandacoin had a 3% premine?  Im just learning about Panda now. I found that info on an original reddit post.  How is Panda more than a new brand for Doge but with 2.5 minute blocktimes?  Is there offline staking, but isn't the network more secure if everyone is online staking like for Blackcoin's PoW2.0?

Maybe you're reading the wrong article. PND have NO premine and with 3 months of PoW phase before transitioning to PoS.

Link here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529

also, feel free to join us in IRC if you have any questions at #pandacoinPND @ irc.freenode.com
Joesixpack9000

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Bohemian Crypto Guardian

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:29:38 AM

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

" For those of us keeping track, Blackcoin was launched Februrary 24th at 6:00 (no indication is given what time zone this is) 21). Block 4100 commenced on February 27th at 6:15. In 3 days…Blackcoin produced some 40 million coins (or 50 million). Now they rest at around 75 million coins and only PoS occurs from here.

This is photographic evidence that supports our brief searching of the blackcoin blockchain. The majority of the first 10000 blocks were PoW, and since they were all producing 1,000 BC, the bulk of the coins were made within one week. Anyone should be highly skeptical of the start of this coin. Who would think that the creator of this coin is thinking about enriching your pockets and not theirs?"

66% of blackcoins created in 3 days to a select group of scammers. Blackcoin is an instant-mined scam that got pumped up high, and original group of scammers that got hold of the 66% of blackcoins already left the coin laughing to the bank already, leaving bagholders left to defend the fort.

Your move now blackcoin shill.

Don't get scammed or buy into SHITCOINS with instant mines, fast mines or premines - http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins
Crypto_Miner

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:34:48 AM

Pandacoin had the longest PoW phase of any PoS coin on earth.

Pandacoin had 0 premine, 0 instamine, 0 fastmine, no IPO, 100% fair distribution for nearly 100 days.

Pandacoin has the most professional and highly skilled development team of any coin on the market.

Pandacoin is looking to expand past the crypto-crowd and into the global mass-markets, and has the talent to accomplish it with developments like the Panda Bank, and the Crypto Crash Course, making Pandacoin familiar and easy to understand.

The amount of innovation, skill, and sheer devotion to fairness, quality, and ethical business, is exactly what will bring Pandacoin to the top.

Blackcoin with it's 66% fastmine, extremely short PoW phase for a very tightly knit distribution, and unfulfilled promises of developments that will never come, will leave you dissatisfied; I guarantee it.
cadexn

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:39:45 AM

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

" For those of us keeping track, Blackcoin was launched Februrary 24th at 6:00 (no indication is given what time zone this is) 21). Block 4100 commenced on February 27th at 6:15. In 3 days…Blackcoin produced some 40 million coins (or 50 million). Now they rest at around 75 million coins and only PoS occurs from here.

This is photographic evidence that supports our brief searching of the blackcoin blockchain. The majority of the first 10000 blocks were PoW, and since they were all producing 1,000 BC, the bulk of the coins were made within one week. Anyone should be highly skeptical of the start of this coin. Who would think that the creator of this coin is thinking about enriching your pockets and not theirs?"

66% of blackcoins created in 3 days to a select group of scammers. Blackcoin is an instant-mined scam that got pumped up high, and original group of scammers that got hold of the 66% of blackcoins already left the coin laughing to the bank already, leaving bagholders left to defend the fort.

Your move now blackcoin shill.

ouch.
trustlessgold

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 04:54:43 AM

Wow.  Pandas are defensive.  Didn't answer my questions though.  I investigate before I buy and I found this:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460037.0 for Pandacoin.  Is that out of date or it was the wrong article?  Did the coin reboot or something?  Blackcoin seems fairly distributed and I got in late but still got lots.  They post their distribution on their reddit. http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-blackcoin-addresses.html.  I bought into blackcoin because a friend who mined in the POW phase told me about it.  For BC their goal is mainstream adoption and now I use it to sell gold using halo smart contracts on Blackauctions.  No one else has usable smart contracts right now as far as I know.  Sniping at me wont make me a Panda but I might buy anyway if it looks distinctive.  At least you sound civil cadexn and yes the page I found is different from what everyone is telling me here.
cadexn

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:10:45 AM

Wow.  Pandas are defensive.  Didn't answer my questions though.  I investigate before I buy and I found this:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460037.0 for Pandacoin.  Is that out of date or it was the wrong article?  Did the coin reboot or something?  Blackcoin seems fairly distributed and I got in late but still got lots.  They post their distribution on their reddit. http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-blackcoin-addresses.html.  I bought into blackcoin because a friend who mined in the POW phase told me about it.  For BC their goal is mainstream adoption and now I use it to sell gold using halo smart contracts on Blackauctions.  No one else has usable smart contracts right now as far as I know.  Sniping at me wont make me a Panda but I might buy anyway if it looks distinctive.  At least you sound civil cadexn and yes the page I found is different from what everyone is telling me here.

do you have selective reading? cause you don't seems to want to read my post.  let me quote it again for you

Maybe you're reading the wrong article. PND have NO premine and with 3 months of PoW phase before transitioning to PoS.

Link here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529

also, feel free to join us in IRC if you have any questions at #pandacoinPND @ irc.freenode.com

EDIT: I just realized you read my post. but you should really get on IRC it'll answer your questions much quicker and clearer
in case you don't have IRC client, you can access thru the web here bit.ly/1ouMrmI
ozzke

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:52:53 AM

Wow.  Pandas are defensive.  Didn't answer my questions though.  I investigate before I buy and I found this:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460037.0 for Pandacoin.  Is that out of date or it was the wrong article?  Did the coin reboot or something?  Blackcoin seems fairly distributed and I got in late but still got lots.  They post their distribution on their reddit. http://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-blackcoin-addresses.html.  I bought into blackcoin because a friend who mined in the POW phase told me about it.  For BC their goal is mainstream adoption and now I use it to sell gold using halo smart contracts on Blackauctions.  No one else has usable smart contracts right now as far as I know.  Sniping at me wont make me a Panda but I might buy anyway if it looks distinctive.  At least you sound civil cadexn and yes the page I found is different from what everyone is telling me here.

Pandas are defensive because of 2 main things:

1) We are against all scams: ICO/IPO/instamine/fastmine/premine. We've done a lot of efforts putting scams out of business and refunding people who lost coins in scams. Our topic once get banned for 30 days because we offered to pay a compensation to all people who lost coins in a particular scam. (bitcointalk saw this as a giveaway and banned our topic). We have a very long and rich history and we managed to "kill" 2 competing scamcoins (one of the topic you mentioned) with the same name. We are the only one that survived (and stronger than ever Wink). So our community is very strong and loyal and always try people to do their own research when they want to invest in coins. You will very rarely see someone pushing to buy PND, yes we are amazing but we're not some coin with kiddies that just say "buy buy! moon! moon!".

2) We've come a very long way, we were down to 3 litoshi at one point but we (the devs and the community) didn't give up. We (the devs) kept working very hard and have at this point already accomplished some things that makes us very different from other coins. We're creating the first coin that is easy to use, easy to mine, easy to buy and easy to understand. Because we've come from such a long way, the community is very close-knit. We support eachother, mess with one of us and you mess with all of us Wink

Feel free to read up on a post I created last friday: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568529.msg9232641#msg9232641

My personal opinion: Blackcoin is doing some things right and some things not. I'm not going into details on this. Also distribution is a bit strange and the richlist is not that well distributed actually. Top 5 owning more than 16% of coins is not ideal.
That being said: you should only invest in coins that you think are right for you: do your research and my advice is to only invest in coins that have been around a while and that still have active devs. Chances are too high that new coins are scams.

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 07:22:05 AM

The Maieutice Snowball: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=828734.0

taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:30:50 AM

you can add ecc..

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
noerc

Activity: 248

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:50:12 AM

Its really sad how sophisticated and diligent cryptocurrency development branches fight each other in those forums. Luckily developers who meet on conferences are usually very kind and professional to each other.

The whole problem is probably that everyone thinks that his favored altcoin will replace Bitcoin one day, ignoring the fact that if there is a blockchain technology that is so much superior to Bitcoin then Bitcoin would of course hard fork to that technology before it dies.

Everything would be so much better and more exciting if all alt coins would be worth nothing. Then developers would work together again and communities would cooperate instead of fighting each other. Sorry for the rant, I don't care where people put their money in, and its also not my business, but when I vote in a "Best Proof of Stake coins" poll, then I distinguish projects regarding their code base and not regarding their investment opportunity (which are absolutely not correlated thanks to speculators).
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:15:32 PM

and one more vote for Maieuticoin  Grin Grin
bitcoinicon

Activity: 268

Digital Currency Presented

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:19:16 PM

Apexcoin!!!!!!!!!

Project management and implementation of digital currency platforms. Crypto reviews and presentations.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 03:22:33 PM

Please add Fibre

Thank you

bitcoinicon

Activity: 268

Digital Currency Presented

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2014, 03:22:40 PM

Its really sad how sophisticated and diligent cryptocurrency development branches fight each other in those forums. Luckily developers who meet on conferences are usually very kind and professional to each other.

The whole problem is probably that everyone thinks that his favored altcoin will replace Bitcoin one day, ignoring the fact that if there is a blockchain technology that is so much superior to Bitcoin then Bitcoin would of course hard fork to that technology before it dies.

Everything would be so much better and more exciting if all alt coins would be worth nothing. Then developers would work together again and communities would cooperate instead of fighting each other. Sorry for the rant, I don't care where people put their money in, and its also not my business, but when I vote in a "Best Proof of Stake coins" poll, then I distinguish projects regarding their code base and not regarding their investment opportunity (which are absolutely not correlated thanks to speculators).

You make a valid point... Although the driving force behind cryptocurrnecy is the community, with that said you are correct, the rivalry is somewhat ridiculous at times and should not be as harsh as it is most of the time.

Project management and implementation of digital currency platforms. Crypto reviews and presentations.
DrGrid

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:15:45 PM

I vote for Gridcoin. It only started a Proof-of-Stake scheme a few days ago, called Proof of Researcher. It is basically Blackcoin's Proof of Stake 2.0 with a way to cryptographically verify BOINC work. This coin can literally verify any kind of scientific, financial or even commercial brute force computing task. The user can choose from a list of projects entailing folding, climate modeling, high energy physics, finding aliens in space, social-financial simulations, earthquake sensors and even mining BItcoin. A proofhash of the work is stored in a Proof-of-Stake block's header.
This coin is truly revolutionary.

Bitrated user: DrGrid.
konadave2004

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 05:19:14 PM

If you know of any quality Proof of Stake coin that I forgot to mention in this poll, you may reply to this thread and I will add them to the list.

Of All the Proof of Stake coins out there, you can only choose one as your favorite. Think carefully before you vote.

How to vote on this poll?
To vote you need to create an account on Bitcointalk.org

Everyone should tweet to their coin creators on twitter and ask them to ask their coin users to vote for their coin on this poll.
Send them to this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=786993.0

Proof of Stake coins represents ownership in the coins. Loyalty! Commitment! Real investors put their money where their mouths are. Right now, these cryptocurrency coins are just coins. When they build up their market cap, they will become companies. These Proof of Stake coins have a chance to become the future prosperous 915 cryptocurrency companies.

Each one of the company listed in the future prosperous 915 cryptocurrency companies will have a market cap equivalent to 10,000 bitcoins or more.

--------------
Recommended thread:

What is Proof of Play?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=791760.0

What is Proof of Faith [POF]?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812612

Difficulty resets to Zero after each block is found.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=794646.0

100% Decentralized Cryptocurrency Exchange
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=814274.0

Can you add Apex, it's a great coin with a solid community.

thx

konadave
dumbiri

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

I vote for BlackCoin [BC]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: