Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:23:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scotland's silent majority decides against separation  (Read 2457 times)
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:40:51 PM

first:

then:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Honeypot (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:39:59 PM

You are wasting your time with this guy nakazznicek he posts stuff like:

LOL i haven't heard this much kiddy bull masquerading as education in a long time. Most fools at least caught the message and managed to keep their mouth shut when their betters are talking them down.

but then

United we stand, divided we fall.

United by choice > United by force. 

If you dont have the skills to influence someone to change their opinion on just an internet forum without directly attacking them like a wild animal then you aren't likely qualified for judgements on whats right for people/society on a larger scale.

LOL pot kettle. Really, that's sad.

And just how much of 'choice' do you understand? 'Force'? People like you have no understanding of what true nature of choice entails and hence deserves none. Hint: It's not about doing whatever you like.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:28:00 PM

Scotland's silent majority decides against separation
Grin

YES counted as NO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJif7vISQg

@ 2:08.

110% on CNN:

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:36:43 PM

First: thanks for your nice response.

Second: I am geting the image where the problem is. We have just different opinion on what is based on what, and from what I know you are missing something from history lessons.

Also you must be American (say if I am wrong ofc, but...)! Otherwise you couldn't say American law system is original ( based on UK system - precedential one - and Montesquieu's and many other thinkers works, he's just only one i can recall atm, as well as many other systems, nothing original beside that combination).
Americans basically just took everything good that was in that time and put it together and make a system. And since then everyone else is trying to be like US, making perfect "democracy" and so. Not because it was original, but good combination of previous attempts and/or thoughts. Besides that, US was really young, what experience you are talking about?
As you can see, in my point of view, i am going really deep, thus considering older entities as Romans, originators of modern democracy. Thats my opinion and I can clearly see you won't agree. Cuz I don't know proper(*) facts. heh

Third: I really don't know how you discover that i am toy! It was secret well kept till now!
But no joking, I am amazed how you can evaluate my character in just two posts about topic that is more about our history knowledge and opinions than me being toy  Roll Eyes.
I didn't say i know everything, nor i can't change my opinion, but tell me, read our discussion and be honest: would you change your opinion being in my place? Your facts and posts you are presenting are far away from healthy and productive discussion but rather going on "American freedom" way of trash talking.

I really don't get what shouldn't i get?! I though't we'would be presenting facts, not fighting like teenagers in yo mamma  fight...

*  -  Cheesy  really?  you know, saying thing like proper fact is bullshit, since there are only facts. This is making me feel you are the ignorant one here...

LOL i haven't heard this much kiddy bull masquerading as education in a long time. Most fools at least caught the message and managed to keep their mouth shut when their betters are talking them down.

You clearly have no idea how much experience was crammed into american history in a way that laughs at other culture's so called 'history'. Not to mention you haven't got a clue about what it really means to create a political system. Hint: it's not what you read off of books or emulated from others. The core foundation of such system has roots in collective experience of the people, and their manner towards such laws.

American experience is unique in scale, the idea, and environment in which it started and continues on. The fact that you think you can mouth off about 'originality' reeks of desperate denial that seeks the slimmest excuses to try and convince yourself how you need not feel so anxious about america - for some reason, many people seem to bitch until their throats are hoarse as if they are pricked in the sore spot when america comes around Cheesy

You are going 'deep' through your own bull shit, but that's present day education Smiley Try being original for once instead of playing some sad contrarian.

Honeypot, you basically just got owned by someone who's first language appears not to be English, and then had to resort to childish attacks because you couldn't get your opinions across in a mature way. Kindly fuck off if you can't have a proper discussion without mouthing off. You Sir, get the coveted first ever place in my ignore list.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:37:43 AM

You are wasting your time with this guy nakazznicek he posts stuff like:

but then

United we stand, divided we fall.

United by choice > United by force. 

If you dont have the skills to influence someone to change their opinion on just an internet forum without directly attacking them like a wild animal then you aren't likely qualified for judgements on whats right for people/society on a larger scale.

LOL pot kettle. Really, that's sad.

And just how much of 'choice' do you understand? 'Force'? People like you have no understanding of what true nature of choice entails and hence deserves none. Hint: It's not about doing whatever you like.

I never started attacking people wildly like you, there is no pot kettle situation.

And meh, cant even be bothered with the rest tbh. You win no votes, bye.

Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:22:14 AM

First: thanks for your nice response.

Second: I am geting the image where the problem is. We have just different opinion on what is based on what, and from what I know you are missing something from history lessons.

Also you must be American (say if I am wrong ofc, but...)! Otherwise you couldn't say American law system is original ( based on UK system - precedential one - and Montesquieu's and many other thinkers works, he's just only one i can recall atm, as well as many other systems, nothing original beside that combination).
Americans basically just took everything good that was in that time and put it together and make a system. And since then everyone else is trying to be like US, making perfect "democracy" and so. Not because it was original, but good combination of previous attempts and/or thoughts. Besides that, US was really young, what experience you are talking about?
As you can see, in my point of view, i am going really deep, thus considering older entities as Romans, originators of modern democracy. Thats my opinion and I can clearly see you won't agree. Cuz I don't know proper(*) facts. heh

Third: I really don't know how you discover that i am toy! It was secret well kept till now!
But no joking, I am amazed how you can evaluate my character in just two posts about topic that is more about our history knowledge and opinions than me being toy  Roll Eyes.
I didn't say i know everything, nor i can't change my opinion, but tell me, read our discussion and be honest: would you change your opinion being in my place? Your facts and posts you are presenting are far away from healthy and productive discussion but rather going on "American freedom" way of trash talking.

I really don't get what shouldn't i get?! I though't we'would be presenting facts, not fighting like teenagers in yo mamma  fight...

*  -  Cheesy  really?  you know, saying thing like proper fact is bullshit, since there are only facts. This is making me feel you are the ignorant one here...

You clearly have no idea how much experience was crammed into american history in a way that laughs at other culture's so called 'history'. Not to mention you haven't got a clue about what it really means to create a political system. Hint: it's not what you read off of books or emulated from others. The core foundation of such system has roots in collective experience of the people, and their manner towards such laws.

American experience is unique in scale, the idea, and environment in which it started and continues on. The fact that you think you can mouth off about 'originality' reeks of desperate denial that seeks the slimmest excuses to try and convince yourself how you need not feel so anxious about america - for some reason, many people seem to bitch until their throats are hoarse as if they are pricked in the sore spot when america comes around Cheesy

You are going 'deep' through your own bull shit, but that's present day education Smiley Try being original for once instead of playing some sad contrarian.

Honeypot, you basically just got owned by someone who's first language appears not to be English, and then had to resort to childish attacks because you couldn't get your opinions across in a mature way. Kindly fuck off if you can't have a proper discussion without mouthing off. You Sir, get the coveted first ever place in my ignore list.

'Owned' Cheesy This fucker got a mouth. Who was it that thought this was a 'classic internet politics'? Fuck yourself if you can't keep your lips sealed when you are told.

Did you even bother to read? Ah but ignorance is a bliss. You sound a bit frustrated with how you like to be uppity when you think you can decide this matter as if you can even understand the subtext.

You haven't addressed a single point, only threw tantrums. Now, I expect some answers as to the points I made, none of which you could address properly. It seems you are simply incapable of having a discussion if you can't close down the inconvenient facts and instead resort to thinking you 'can't be bothered' Smiley

Bitch please~

You better come up with a better response, because scotland ain't going anywhere no matter how much you bitch about it.
Honeypot (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:37:48 AM

Since other parts of your post are just trash....

So you are saying US got their system based on just their founding fathers thoughts and experience (which they gained from studying history of laws and political systems), not experience of humanity for last thousand years in that time? Ignorance is a bliss. If anything more on this topic create a thread, i'd love to continue there, not hijacking this one which is contributed to Scotland and its separation.

Of course, you think your own laws are part of that 'humanity' LOL

How old is you? You must be young and weak to spew this garbage and call it discussion. You never answered any of my points - instead of explaining yourself, you resorted to questions. Your own position indefensible because you carelessly mouthed off about your 'educated' views when it was clearly an ignorant statement that was devoid of substance and against facts of history.

Give a straight answer for once. Your question time is over.

leannemckim46

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:10:43 AM

Scotland is divided. There was a large majority who voted NO in Edinburgh but a large majority voted YES in Glasgow. I knew the 2 cities were very different, now the whole world knows it. The world will forget, but the Scots will not.
If this is the case then just the one city can leave the UK. If this would not be feasible then there is nothing to complain about.

I personally never say any upside to leaving the UK.Scottland would have a small economy, with little trust in their ability to tax and repay their debt (their credit rating). They would have no currency (they would need to create one).

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:53:14 PM

The decision to put Scottish independence to the vote was agreed upon by all sides. The campaign from both sides of the question was conducted peacefully without violence or threats. And the leader? of those who want independence has graciously conceded. There have been no riots in the streets. I think maybe others should pay attention to the lesson in civility that the people of Scotland has just given.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 08:53:58 PM

There haven't been riots in the streets in the US over election fraud for a long time either (since the Battle of Athens, I believe). Civility does not prove legitimacy.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:47:23 AM

Everyone should remember that the only age group which voted for the Union is the elderly (60+ yrs). All the other age groups were voting for independence.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 07:00:44 AM

Everyone should remember that the only age group which voted for the Union is the elderly (60+ yrs).

Including corpses, one of the mainstays of election fraud.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:20:46 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29279384

A survey, commissioned by Conservative peer Lord Ashcroft, said 71% of 16 to 17-year-olds voted for Scotland to be independent and 29% voted against.

That is a gigantic margin. In future, there is no doubt that Scotland will secede from England, unless the British find some way to neutralize this huge gap.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 03:44:35 PM

Was it paper ballots, hand counted? Or was it corrupt, electronic voting machines?  Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Mr.Bitty

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:11:33 PM

Good luck to Scotland going forward. Hopefully this will be an eye opener to Great Britain to address the issues that led 45% of voters to want independence. Nice to see clean democracy at work.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:09:49 PM

With Scotland re-affirming their wedding vows to their UK masters, ole' Cameron will be lifting a few kilts from the back and slipping his rod firm up the Scots for good measure.

With Catalonians and the Basques getting restless in Spain, also the wealthy Bavarians and Venetians in Germany and Italy wanting a bit of independent action, what would the likeliest states in the US be on a list of 1 to 10 for those wanting to separate from their federal US masters ?
Scotland have their own laws, their own Parliament, we even let them keep the stone of scone so it was all nonsense anyway because all they are dependant on is money from the treasury via the Barnett formula which is base on current population figures.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:53:22 PM

With Scotland re-affirming their wedding vows to their UK masters, ole' Cameron will be lifting a few kilts from the back and slipping his rod firm up the Scots for good measure.

With Catalonians and the Basques getting restless in Spain, also the wealthy Bavarians and Venetians in Germany and Italy wanting a bit of independent action, what would the likeliest states in the US be on a list of 1 to 10 for those wanting to separate from their federal US masters ?
Scotland have their own laws, their own Parliament, we even let them keep the stone of scone so it was all nonsense anyway because all they are dependant on is money from the treasury via the Barnett formula which is base on current population figures.
The stone of scone known as The Stone of Destiny or The Coronation Stone of the Kings of Tara (Ireland) was originally robbed from Ireland by one of the AWOL kings of Ireland.

It was taken across to Argyll (Scotland) by Scotland's first Irish King Fergus son of Erc in 1200 odd when many a ruling clan of Ireland would pop over to Scotland to sort things out there as the Irish had been populating Scotland for most of the last seven centuries from the 5th century, hence the familiar Gaelic language the Scots speak based on old Irish.
Rigon

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:32:53 PM

The Scots robbed whiskey off the Irish too.

The word whisky (or whiskey) is an anglicisation of the Gaelic word uisce/uisge meaning water.

The first confirmed written record of whisky comes from 1405 in Ireland. In the Irish Annals of Clonmacnoise in 1405, the first written record of whisky attributes the death of a chieftain to "taking a surfeit of aqua vitae" at Christmas.

In Scotland, the first evidence of whisky production comes from an entry in the Exchequer Rolls for 1494 where malt is sent "To Friar John Cor, by order of the king, to make aquavitae", enough to make about 500 bottles.

With a licence to distil Irish whiskey from 1608, the Old Bushmills Distillery in Northern Ireland is the oldest licenced whiskey distillery in the world.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:45:14 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 03:12:44 PM by sana8410

The stone of scone known as The Stone of Destiny or The Coronation Stone of the Kings of Tara (Ireland) was originally robbed from Ireland by one of the AWOL kings of Ireland.

It was taken across to Argyll (Scotland) by Scotland's first Irish King Fergus son of Erc in 1200 odd when many a ruling clan of Ireland would pop over to Scotland to sort things out there as the Irish had been populating Scotland for most of the last seven centuries from the 5th century, hence the familiar Gaelic language the Scots speak based on old Irish.
Scottish had  the stone for over 6 centuries in England, it was captured by king Edward I and stored in Westminster Abbey and it was used for coronations because the Kings and Queens of England were also the Kings and Queens of Scotland . They gave the stone back to the Scottish in 96' as a symbolic gesture and there was a handover ceremony before it was taken to Edinburgh Castle.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 03:02:16 PM

The scots probably robbed bagpipes off the Irish or Europeans ...

Actual examples of bagpipes [in Scotland] from before the 18th century are extremely rare; however, a substantial number of paintings, carvings, engravings, manuscript illuminations, and so on survive.

Evidence of the bagpipe in Ireland occurs in 1581, when John Derrick's The Image of Irelande clearly depicts a bagpiper. Derrick's illustrations are considered to be reasonably faithful depictions of the attire and equipment of the English and Irish population of the 16th century. The "Battell" sequence from My Ladye Nevells Booke (1591) by William Byrd, which probably alludes to the Irish wars of 1578, contains a piece entitled The bagpipe: & the drone.

In the early part of the second millennium, bagpipes began to appear with frequency in European art and iconography. The Cantigas de Santa Maria, compiled in Castile in the mid-13th century, depicts several types of bagpipes. Though evidence of bagpipes in the British Isles prior to the 14th century is contested, bagpipes are explicitly mentioned in The Canterbury Tales (written around 1380): A baggepype wel coude he blowe and sowne, /And ther-with-al he broghte us out of towne.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: