Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:12:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs (BFL) raided today by U.S. Marshalls 9/19/14  (Read 20350 times)
maok

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:04:19 PM

Wow finally... they must've received lots of complaints in the last 2 years  Cheesy

QRKHn6UK3ToS53V6jD1rYWRYS4mxQ1mako
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▀▄▀▄▀ Quark core wallet updates  ▀▄▀▄▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:22:38 PM

I'm just glad I got my two Monarchs and refund. The 2nd Monarch was delivered last week and I received the refund the same day the 2nd unit was shipped. Now I don't care if they fall off the face of the earth.

Good riddance!

Well I understand those monarchs are prone to failure so you may not be done being upset with BFL just yet.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:45:00 PM

I'm just glad I got my two Monarchs and refund. The 2nd Monarch was delivered last week and I received the refund the same day the 2nd unit was shipped. Now I don't care if they fall off the face of the earth.

Good riddance!

Well I understand those monarchs are prone to failure so you may not be done being upset with BFL just yet.

And I'm certainly not going to earn back my original investment. But I'm still happy to wash my hands of that stench. I just hope the other ASIC manufacturers are paying attention. If there's any justice in the world, the Swedish equivalent of the FTC is making plans to raid KNC as I type this.
clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:35:41 AM

So far there hasn't been a single link to a government website containing a press release about any "raids".

Every "report" posted here and on reddit has been carefully crafted to sound plausible and informed.  It could very well be that this is nothing but a FUD campaign and that absolutely nothing actually happened.  (i.e. you've all been played)

Has anyone actually bothered going to BFL's offices in KC to check things out?

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

At least three people are on record on this forum stating that they did indeed check it out, verifying the claim. Again, if it were not true, don't you think that Bruce or Josh would be here sticking it up our asses for spreading false rumors? They have not going on four days now since this past Friday, ergo a major event occurred at Camp BFL, and chickens are not being fed due their owner being in jail in an opposite ward where Sonny Vleisides is also currently being held. Josh is playing the Schultz card...

Posting under a screen name on a public message board is hardly "going on record".

Pics or it didn't happen.  Let's see some timestamped, geotagged selfies at BFL HQ.

The MSM and the FTC are saying it now. Acceptable enough for you mate or is it all still rumours as far as your concerned?

Id feel like a real dick about now if i had taken such a combative attitude on the issue.
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 05:48:08 AM

So far there hasn't been a single link to a government website containing a press release about any "raids".

Every "report" posted here and on reddit has been carefully crafted to sound plausible and informed.  It could very well be that this is nothing but a FUD campaign and that absolutely nothing actually happened.  (i.e. you've all been played)

Has anyone actually bothered going to BFL's offices in KC to check things out?

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

At least three people are on record on this forum stating that they did indeed check it out, verifying the claim. Again, if it were not true, don't you think that Bruce or Josh would be here sticking it up our asses for spreading false rumors? They have not going on four days now since this past Friday, ergo a major event occurred at Camp BFL, and chickens are not being fed due their owner being in jail in an opposite ward where Sonny Vleisides is also currently being held. Josh is playing the Schultz card...

Posting under a screen name on a public message board is hardly "going on record".

Pics or it didn't happen.  Let's see some timestamped, geotagged selfies at BFL HQ.

The MSM and the FTC are saying it now. Acceptable enough for you mate or is it all still rumours as far as your concerned?

Id feel like a real dick about now if i had taken such a combative attitude on the issue.
It's just a particularly persistent rumor...
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 08:16:44 AM

Why was this moved to service discussions?

this is how I feel now about BFL going under

after the classic 2 hour shout box fight with josh last summer (my proudest moment) and getting banned ..I was so p/o'd that I
bought a KNC 550gh Jupiter (50 coin so far) and then BFL refunded me on my deluded 65mm upgrade to a monarchs in june ($8.5k)

SO as a result I basically cleaned up from you being such a bunch of as*w*pes....

he who laughs last and all that...schmucks ....

have a good time in prison ....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
btcm4n14c

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:11:59 AM

this had to happen long time ago
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:18:12 AM

At least in the USA they get punished, here in the Netherlands they will get 2 weeks in jail and a fine of €200 Grin

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

I never denied it, just questioned the report due to a lack of real corroboration.  I've witnessed enough of these dogpiles to know that you can't believe everything you read on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter).

As far as being a dick is concerned I'd feel more of a dick for joining the mob and finding out later it was all FUD.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:57:48 PM

I never denied it, just questioned the report due to a lack of real corroboration.  I've witnessed enough of these dogpiles to know that you can't believe everything you read on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter).

As far as being a dick is concerned I'd feel more of a dick for joining the mob and finding out later it was all FUD.

If it had been anybody but BFL I might agree with you but nobody deserves this more than those a-holes.  And Josh can't seem to refrain from telling lies and being a complete dick to everyone he deals with so in my book the entire bitcointalk forum can be totally excused for wanting this to be true and dog piling even before it was fully verified.  BFL earned this in spades.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:09:33 AM

Amazingly Josh is still answering questions on the BFL forum.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 01:54:09 AM

Why do you find that amazing?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Searing (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:09:33 AM

Josh squeal to the FEDs it is your only hope!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
tilray

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:28:58 AM

bro your game is finally over, game over.. how does it feel?
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:33:14 AM

bro your game is finally over, game over.. how does it feel?

Josh doesn't answer questions, he only asks them.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
LittleD

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

StayFocus and LIVE

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:42:10 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 04:15:14 PM by LittleD

Josh aka Inabobo, keeps taps on all of us... LOL ... BUT in 2weeks he'll have to watch out for all the gangster trying to cuddle with him Smiley LOL

Fallow me on Twitter  ~ Please donate for a cup of Coffee 1KtqBcK7dVPjFugCcCM7G2MGzTZaQH1FTQ Smiley
https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=11253 ~ StayFocus!
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:27:40 PM

Game over Josh.  Any intelligent person saw this coming a year and a half ago, but I didn't want any energy engaging you since you don't really engage in conversation, you just try to muddy the waters.  I just hope the feds can find all of BFL's and Josh's BTC they tried to hide away.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

I love reading your trust rating. -906 LOL

Pirateat40 only has a negative trust of -20. ROFL

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1068

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:35:35 PM

Maybe Inaba is just a new implementation of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA ? His keyword-oriented response generation is effective in emulating the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA_effect to generate voluminous discussion threads.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:41:05 PM

Well, aren't you still seeing what you can do? Maybe you should clarify the situation for the poor guys that are still in limbo?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: