Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 08:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs (BFL) raided today by U.S. Marshalls 9/19/14  (Read 20350 times)
Ntarlafobic

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 06:51:14 PM

Look who was feeding the chickens.  Better save it for posterity.  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwkKNhUaZSw
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 04:35:24 AM

Why was this moved to service discussions?

ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:12:57 AM

Why was this moved to service discussions?
They got served?
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 09:53:26 AM

It would be nice if you could also write an article about KNC's behavior towards their once loyal customers after they have obtained funding.

Lol! He just posted a bunch of links to articles very critical of BFL.

You obviously didn't read the articles but you could have at least read the links.
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:55:09 AM

So far there hasn't been a single link to a government website containing a press release about any "raids".

Every "report" posted here and on reddit has been carefully crafted to sound plausible and informed.  It could very well be that this is nothing but a FUD campaign and that absolutely nothing actually happened.  (i.e. you've all been played)

Has anyone actually bothered going to BFL's offices in KC to check things out?

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:04:12 AM

So far there hasn't been a single link to a government website containing a press release about any "raids".

Every "report" posted here and on reddit has been carefully crafted to sound plausible and informed.  It could very well be that this is nothing but a FUD campaign and that absolutely nothing actually happened.  (i.e. you've all been played)

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

At least three people are on record on this forum stating that they did indeed check it out, verifying the claim. Again, if it were not true, don't you think that Bruce or Josh would be here sticking it up our asses for spreading false rumors? They have not going on four days now since this past Friday, ergo a major event occurred at Camp BFL, and chickens are not being fed due their owner being in jail in an opposite ward where Sonny Vleisides is also currently being held. Josh is playing the Schultz card...

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:13:15 AM

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

At least three people are on record on this forum stating that they did indeed check it out, verifying the claim. Again, if it were not true, don't you think that Bruce or Josh would be here sticking it up our asses for spreading false rumors? They have not going on four days now since this past Friday, ergo a major event occurred at Camp BFL, and chickens are not being fed due their owner being in jail in an opposite ward where Sonny Vleisides is also currently being held. Josh is playing the Schultz card...

Posting under a screen name on a public message board is hardly "going on record".

Pics or it didn't happen.  Let's see some timestamped, geotagged selfies at BFL HQ.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 12:42:19 PM

*sound of crickets*

Didn't think so.

Posting under a screen name on a public message board is hardly "going on record".

Pics or it didn't happen.  Let's see some timestamped, geotagged selfies at BFL HQ.
That's not going to happen because of the gag orders they're all subject to.

But given Josh's proclivities to give everyone a quarter and invite them to buy a clue at the slightest sign of unjustified criticism, don't you think he'd be out on every board, barrels blazing, denying the "rumors" if they weren't true?

Instead, all that is offered is a promise to check the "very persistent" rumors, followed by Schlock locking the thread. As I stated in another thread, that is anything but a denial.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:50:10 PM

Official FTC Complaint Against Butterfly Labs Obtained

At the request of the Federal Trade Commission, a federal court has shut down Butterfly Labs, a Missouri-based company that allegedly deceptively marketed specialized computers designed to produce Bitcoins, a payment system sometimes referred to as “virtual currency.”

greaterfool

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 01:56:31 PM

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/09/feds-label-bitcoin-miner-maker-butterfly-labs-as-systematic-deception/ - Cyrus Farivar's article for Ars Technica on the FTC civil lawsuit, dated 9/23.
ElGrandJefe

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 02:01:13 PM

We meet at last...
sionsandman

Activity: 520

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:01:13 PM

We meet at last...

Totally unexpected
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 04:50:07 PM

So BFL's long-con finally comes to an end.  Oh happy day!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 05:18:57 PM

I'm just glad I got my two Monarchs and refund. The 2nd Monarch was delivered last week and I received the refund the same day the 2nd unit was shipped. Now I don't care if they fall off the face of the earth.

Good riddance!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 06:25:57 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/us-government-shuts-embattled-mining-firm-butterfly-labs/

Doc: http://www.scribd.com/doc/240695413

Pt0x

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:13:42 PM

SO, IT IS TRUE!!!

BTC: 17sz6AoYVpwXjaStmnVCsGTufUhvrAMhTw
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:27:18 PM

Yep, the news is everywhere now and you heard it here first.

kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 07:29:25 PM

Here is a Washington Post article on the raid.

Good riddance, BFL!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2014/09/23/this-is-the-ftcs-first-ever-bitcoin-case-and-its-winning/
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:13:53 PM

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I'm sooo freakin happy!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

http://www.ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2014/09/ftcs-request-court-halts-bogus-bitcoin-mining-operation

Cheesy Grin Shocked Grin Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Ntarlafobic

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:01:22 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 05:03:18 AM by Ntarlafobic

This is Darla Jo Drake's (Jody) personal website.
http://www.awakeningworld.com/HomeAssistant/resume.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: