Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:31:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs (BFL) raided today by U.S. Marshalls 9/19/14  (Read 20349 times)
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:30:20 AM

BFL, KNC and Cointerra, all immoral businesses that keep the prebought hardware untill they made the most profit and only then sent it to their customers, or as a like to call them, victims.... That people still buy HW with them amazes me.

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gorgatron

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:36:17 AM

it wasn't an actual raid, but they didn't invite the FTC. those reportedly arrested didn't even show up for work. the officers came in, gathered the employees, an attorney for District Court explained what was happening, they were given papers to sign, asked a few questions, and then sent home with only their belongings.

given the nature of their investigations and a number of individual and class-action lawsuits that also point to violations of FTC guidelines, it's tough for me to imagine a recovery. Even if they went back to work, it would only be for a short time, and under different leadership. In effect, BFL is operated by the US government until the courts decide what to do with the company and its administration.

given the time-sensitive nature of the product, if things go as well as they can, the company will be liquidated, and anyone with a legitimate order who doesn't receive their product will receive at least a partial refund. perhaps they will open the warehouse to ship what units they have, and then auction off the chips. Any way it shakes down, it is going to be rough on the customers. i'm also convinced that the whole process is going to take a very long time, since the result of any of the upcoming court cases could have strong influences on the others.

on another note, just before I began this post, i checked to see if it was possible to order anything on BFL's website, and I was able to get to the last step without being shut down. i'm not sure what the really means with regard to what happened Friday. the US DID go to BFL HQ and shut it down. two people were taken into custody, but it was likely more like simply being processed and being put out on bail so you can flee. I doubt either actually spent time in a jail cell.The hard proof that this event took place will surface. who knows if the FTC will ultimately decide BFL is in compliance, doubtful, but who knows. but still, every day that BFL can ship their products, the stronger the FTC's case will actually become. If they are not forced out of business by legal means, i believe the combination of this incident, plus upcoming class-action suits, and likely some individual suits will drive them out of business.
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:37:55 AM

Interesting thread, lol.

But what really makes my day... I'm finally done with all of this BFL madness and preorder bullshit! I don't have a single active order with anyone. I've finally received all of my preorders and now I don't have to worry, plan and find space/power for another piece of gear. I'll just sit and hash and watch my earnings decline to zero over the next month or two.

And then... BTC goodbye! I'll keep a few in my wallet just in case the price rises again but I won't be heartbroken and suicidal if it crashes. This is just too stressful although it's also been kind of fun too. But honestly not worth the stress anymore.   Tongue
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:42:33 AM

Has anyone posted actual links to real news articles yet or is this just "news" from anonymous forum posts and reddit? Until then, it's all bullshit.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:20:07 AM

I doubt very much that BFL is insolvent. I just received my bonus Monarch on Wednesday (shipped Monday). And I also received a BTC refund on Monday for the balance of my original order.

Hardly sounds like they aren't at least trying to ship and/or refund which you would expect if they were going out of business.

I'm just saying if they played the books correctly...any losses would be BFL losses...any xfer of equip or assets to EMC miner pool could be listed as
xfered but *unpaid* ..mine with them a bit ...give them back to BFL ....games could be played if they have legit reciepts for miners sold on the
inside....well if the paid for the miners even if they jumped the que as employees or investors by 6 months to a year...they could do that

then when it all goes to sh*t....BFL the corporation for bad loans or selling equip at cost to insiders/investors/employees way way before us
could claim they were independent

also all that pre-order money they are giving back ..my suspicion is a lot of it was used on the nimbus mining pool etc....they had a year
to hash with this pre-order money in various cloud mining operations...again if they bled it off the main company BFL....and they did it
correctly and BFL goes under (bankrupt) and takes the fall...all personal assets and other corp assets like EMC and hashing etc outside
of BFL would get washed....it would look slippery as hell...but with BFL they could claim a long track record of being 'stupid' rather then
criminal etc

ie like the bankers in the banking crisis...only 1 guy went to jail..and that is because he felt guilty....even thou all the actions of the bank
for a period of years ONLY  helped the individuals running it...not the bank that was insolvent

now truthfully I don't think the folks at BFL are this smart nor would their ego allow failure etc....BUT they could have pulled
(or tried) to pull something off like this..moving assets around on the claim of bad business decisions etc

just gives me the hebbie jebbies to think that such a plot ...(hey were stupid not crooks!) the line that our monarch product was SOOOOO
cutting edge ...oops we failed....and BFL takes the fall as a corporation on all the bad derisions (for the corp) ....but all the good results
go to EMC Pool ...the pre-order money mining for say 1 year on Nimbus and personal miners for themselves mining as they stalled for a
year with our pre-order money

if I was an Evil Genius..that is how I woulda played it internally for the last year with all that nice slushy.....pre-order cash and no refunds
and all the access to equip ahead of everyone else..either by purchase (with receipt to show bona fides later) or more risky as a 'testing purposes
loan"

anyway like I said they are likely just Evil and not Evil Genius's but hey ......just saying......In that even more of a puzzle then the above is
HOW the mangaged to not ship ANY product less then 9 months late since at least nov/dec 2012!

so in reflection of how long they have been doing this...the above fiction I just wrote on BFL Corp looks a little more real/scary imho

again I'm likely wrong just gives me the hebiee jeebies thinking about such a possible end game ...where the lose the battle over BFL
going bankrupt but win the war personally

again just hopefully telling nightmare stories here

BFL ain't good enough or smart enough to hide it and the forensics employed will root them out and expose anything they have done to try and cover their tracks. The problem with their cute little scheme to defraud people is that they defrauded a lot of people. Meaning there will be some government agency with the power, the means and the budget to end their cute little scheme full stop. Their attempts to "hide" BTC or $$$ as BTC or property is not going to absolve them of their responsibility to make people whole. Here is hoping that these claims are in fact true and that the government has indeed made BFL a serious target for investigation. It would not surprise anyone here that these claims by the 'former BFL employee' are in fact true.

BFL may think they have covered their tracks and others may think they have covered their tracks but I doubt that anyone at BFL has the intelligence of or the resources available of these government agencies who are hopefully perusing this in earnest now. This is what was expected now let us hope it is finally coming to an end.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 08:30:34 AM

I doubt very much that BFL is insolvent. I just received my bonus Monarch on Wednesday (shipped Monday). And I also received a BTC refund on Monday for the balance of my original order.

Hardly sounds like they aren't at least trying to ship and/or refund which you would expect if they were going out of business.

I'm just saying if they played the books correctly...any losses would be BFL losses...any xfer of equip or assets to EMC miner pool could be listed as
xfered but *unpaid* ..mine with them a bit ...give them back to BFL ....games could be played if they have legit reciepts for miners sold on the
inside....well if the paid for the miners even if they jumped the que as employees or investors by 6 months to a year...they could do that

then when it all goes to sh*t....BFL the corporation for bad loans or selling equip at cost to insiders/investors/employees way way before us
could claim they were independent

also all that pre-order money they are giving back ..my suspicion is a lot of it was used on the nimbus mining pool etc....they had a year
to hash with this pre-order money in various cloud mining operations...again if they bled it off the main company BFL....and they did it
correctly and BFL goes under (bankrupt) and takes the fall...all personal assets and other corp assets like EMC and hashing etc outside
of BFL would get washed....it would look slippery as hell...but with BFL they could claim a long track record of being 'stupid' rather then
criminal etc

ie like the bankers in the banking crisis...only 1 guy went to jail..and that is because he felt guilty....even thou all the actions of the bank
for a period of years ONLY  helped the individuals running it...not the bank that was insolvent

now truthfully I don't think the folks at BFL are this smart nor would their ego allow failure etc....BUT they could have pulled
(or tried) to pull something off like this..moving assets around on the claim of bad business decisions etc

just gives me the hebbie jebbies to think that such a plot ...(hey were stupid not crooks!) the line that our monarch product was SOOOOO
cutting edge ...oops we failed....and BFL takes the fall as a corporation on all the bad derisions (for the corp) ....but all the good results
go to EMC Pool ...the pre-order money mining for say 1 year on Nimbus and personal miners for themselves mining as they stalled for a
year with our pre-order money

if I was an Evil Genius..that is how I woulda played it internally for the last year with all that nice slushy.....pre-order cash and no refunds
and all the access to equip ahead of everyone else..either by purchase (with receipt to show bona fides later) or more risky as a 'testing purposes
loan"

anyway like I said they are likely just Evil and not Evil Genius's but hey ......just saying......In that even more of a puzzle then the above is
HOW the mangaged to not ship ANY product less then 9 months late since at least nov/dec 2012!

so in reflection of how long they have been doing this...the above fiction I just wrote on BFL Corp looks a little more real/scary imho

again I'm likely wrong just gives me the hebiee jeebies thinking about such a possible end game ...where the lose the battle over BFL
going bankrupt but win the war personally

again just hopefully telling nightmare stories here

To play the books right, BFL would need a sharp accountant, probably one from California capable of going toe-to-to with a DA in front of live Judge. Someone like the dude that keep Sonny Vleisides outta prison, only getting an extended probation during the last court hearing. If only they could retain that guy on a permanent basis, even if he has to fly in from Cali a couple times a months to perform his duties. That guy would be great. But, what are the odds of BFL retaining THAT guy?
MrSwadge

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:09:55 PM

I asked on the BFL forums after I saw a few posts deleted on the subject. BFL Josh came forward and replied to my post. Make of it what you will.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8836-reports-bfl-have-been-raided-us-marshals-official-statement-request.html#post86110

Quote from: BFL_Josh
We typically don't comment on bitcoin talk rumors or speculation.
Mattster28

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:26:16 PM

I asked on the BFL forums after I saw a few posts deleted on the subject. BFL Josh came forward and replied to my post. Make of it what you will.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/the-monarch-discussion/8836-reports-bfl-have-been-raided-us-marshals-official-statement-request.html#post86110

Quote from: BFL_Josh
We typically don't comment on bitcoin talk rumors or speculation.

They deleted that thread also.

Edit: It has been restored. Hmmmm.
BBmmBB

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:34:39 PM

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Butterfly-Labs-Bitcoin-Miner-10-GH-S-Processor-USB-2.0-BF0010G/34952957#Item+Description
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54516126.jpg
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 05:17:11 PM

probably raided by Monsanto....  they heard BFL had Monarchs that were alive...  gotta stop that quick Smiley
.....Really?

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:06:51 AM

probably raided by Monsanto....  they heard BFL had Monarchs that were alive...  gotta stop that quick Smiley

+1

Monsanto could be losing it's top spot as "most evil company".......but I doubt it.

To those who are thinking WTF?  Google is your friend  Wink

@ s0br of BAN: Stop being a chicken sh*t & answer the questions like you keep saying you will, or stay the proven scammer you are!! s0br/BAN scam thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=782765.0
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:10:24 AM

+1

Monsanto could be losing it's top spot as "most evil company".......but I doubt it.

To those who are thinking WTF?  Google is your friend  Wink

"The World According to Monsanto"...watch it & learn something  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:14:17 AM

BFL is nearing the end of their scammy days. YAY!!

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 06:59:44 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2014, 04:34:55 AM by Gleb Gamow

Just ordered another single with bitcoins ... looks like they're using bit-pay now

The blanked Bitcoin address is 1jyAQDoog4F4UFDt8nQCc2bTDGKcWydXd

People, you can't expect to protect your addresses if you talk about the amount of BTC that was involved in the transaction, and/or if you give the time of the transaction. Remember that the blockchain is public...

Note the address: 1jyAQDoog4F4UFDt8nQCc2bTDGKcWydXd

A question was once asked: 4.) Who owns the 18UxwNVLPo7vyRkCgs5wusUfhhbMYhApAu address? Is that Eclipse?

That address was first used on 2012-04-04 03:09:07 GMT as shown here: https://blockchain.info/tx/be7b4664076706e55b6c81a4790f3f0032a1f7520e8edbbc22ad5ac9eb2a3c00

It's the second transaction I choose to use for illustration purposes: https://blockchain.info/tx/301a6cc7ba014d6cd966c94398203384a23bb29696d13c8f96928cef292ead12 at 2012-04-04 11:54:36 GMT.

It received funds from https://blockchain.info/address/1CQDJ8j7qRzPqT5PfDNGxgqA1J5ovUrMCd at 2012-04-04 11:54:36 GMT.

In turn, the above received funds from https://blockchain.info/address/1FQ7RTfXxXUBrWg1UUJ6r2j8SxfMUsUEQL at 2012-04-04 03:48:49 GMT.

And finally, the above received its sole funds from https://blockchain.info/address/1jyAQDoog4F4UFDt8nQCc2bTDGKcWydXd also at 2012-04-04 03:48:49 GMT. (proof below)

https://blockchain.info/address/1jyAQDoog4F4UFDt8nQCc2bTDGKcWydXd is 100% one of BitPay's bitcoin wallet address, they even coming to the tread verifying such, so that's a given. It has had only 28 transactions to date, currently with a 0 BTC balance.

It's this address https://blockchain.info/address/1MgotZQSJC2zSim2Vp8rjmz3p6frf7EACo that was used to pay for the BitForce SHA256 Single to BFL via BitPay at 2012-04-04 01:49:29 GMT (shown below).

Pause: There's nothing nefarious about the transaction above. It's only used to show that a miner was purchased from BFL by a Bitcoiner on this forum and that BitPay was used for the transaction. That's all! It's the subsequent transactions that I'll be using to state my case.

So, to recap the transactions thus far:

1MgotZQSJC2zSim2Vp8rjmz3p6frf7EACo ---> 1jyAQDoog4F4UFDt8nQCc2bTDGKcWydXd @ 2012-04-04 01:49:29 GMT
1jyAQDoog4F4UFDt8nQCc2bTDGKcWydXd ---> 1FQ7RTfXxXUBrWg1UUJ6r2j8SxfMUsUEQL @ 2012-04-04 03:48:49 GMT
1FQ7RTfXxXUBrWg1UUJ6r2j8SxfMUsUEQL ---> 1CQDJ8j7qRzPqT5PfDNGxgqA1J5ovUrMCd @ 2012-04-04 03:48:49 GMT
1CQDJ8j7qRzPqT5PfDNGxgqA1J5ovUrMCd ---> 18UxwNVLPo7vyRkCgs5wusUfhhbMYhApAu @ 2012-04-04 11:54:36 GMT

Bombo999 posted at April 03, 2012, 09:09:31 PM CST after placing his order at 8:49:29 PM CST, 9:49:29 in Atlanta, GA, well past normal operating hours, ergo all transactions up to the last one above can safely be assumed were done automatically via some set parameters. The last transaction's time equates to 2012-04-04 @ 6:54:36 AM CST as in Kansas City.

1MgotZQSJC2zSim2Vp8rjmz3p6frf7EACo: Bombo999
1jyAQDoog4F4UFDt8nQCc2bTDGKcWydXd: BitPay
1FQ7RTfXxXUBrWg1UUJ6r2j8SxfMUsUEQL and 1CQDJ8j7qRzPqT5PfDNGxgqA1J5ovUrMCd: Assume BitPay
18UxwNVLPo7vyRkCgs5wusUfhhbMYhApAu: ? (not sure yet)

Next, we have this: https://web.archive.org/web/20130625050854/http://sonofodi.weebly.com/

1Hq2t6dJcxqZjGda919p4c4tmopNRLciAJ  - chip sales

Safely assume that sonofodi is none other than Sonny Vleisides as proven beyond a shadow of a doubt here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg7027843#msg7027843

According to: view-source:https://web.archive.org/web/20130625050854/http://sonofodi.weebly.com/

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/web/20130625050854cs_/http://cdn2.editmysite.com/css/sites.css?buildTime=1371752720" type="text/css" /><link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'

1371752720 equates to Thu, 20 Jun 2013 18:25:20 GMT. On the archived site is the following pic:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130625050854/http://sonofodi.weebly.com/

Note the flood and golf course. Now, watch this: Deer Creek Golf Course flooded by rain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm4aEeHJ_4E According to the following, the flood occurred on the morning of May 31, 2013: http://www.kshb.com/news/news-photo-gallery/photos-high-water-in-and-around-kansas-city-after-morning-thunderstorm-may-31-2013

Now, check this out: http://static.squarespace.com/static/52829703e4b0920e1902d6c4/t/5292ceebe4b0af26b639a671/1385352939859/EOYC%20BoD%20Minutes%205.20.13.pdf

Paul   Foltz   (Fundraising)
- Paul   now   has   tax-exempt   form   for   sales   tax.   Alec   will   attach   the   form   on   the   
e-mail   with   the   minutes.   
- Paul   Foltz,   Bob   Andrews   and   Tom   Vleisides   (Annunciation)   have   been   
working   to   complete   EOYC   Camp   Policies   Document   that   Annunciation   has   
been   requesting.   It   is   close   to   completion.   
o Intro   paragraph:   Legal   names   of   KC   churches   will   be   included.
o 2.   Insurance:   Last   line,   we   would   like   to   drop   “per   person”.
o 4.   Staffing:   “best   effort”   was   changed   to   “EOYC   shall   provide”.
- Golf   Tourney   info:   We   are   going   to   move   to   Deer   Creek.   Cost   is   $40   per   head.   
Drink   and   food   can   be   donated   for   $10   per   person
- Sept.   28th is   the   date.   Alec   will   get   the   contract   signed   this   week.

From the above, we've gleaned:

• May 31, 2013: Flood in KC
  • June 20, 2013: Sonofodi site created
  • June 25, 2013: Sonofodi site archived
  • A Vleisides, as most are, are affiliated with the Greek Orthodox Church in KC
  • Tom Vleisides was instrumental in a fundraising campaign in said church
  • The fundraising event consisted of a Golf outing at Deer Creek
  • Deer Creek was flooded prior to the creation of the Sonofodi site owned by Sonny Vleisides
  • Sonny Vleisides is related to Tom Vleisides

The only thing I've yet to accomplish is find the house depicted and its owner, connecting said to Sonny. The one thing we can probably say for sure is that the flood depicted in the image occurred on May 31, 2013, in KC.

Now, back to that address: https://web.archive.org/web/20130625050854/http://sonofodi.weebly.com/

1Hq2t6dJcxqZjGda919p4c4tmopNRLciAJ  - chip sales

https://blockchain.info/address/1Hq2t6dJcxqZjGda919p4c4tmopNRLciAJ has only 4 transactions. Here's the first one: https://blockchain.info/tx/ce1000c2b32d26f472730d9e6e0c92da946c7beda8e7bdbe654194ea4925f49d at 2013-06-25 04:15:52

As pointed out by some other - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg7027843#msg7027843 - the 1Hq2t6dJcxqZjGda919p4c4tmopNRLciAJ bitcoin wallet address was never advertised elsewhere excepted on the archived site linked above, yet it was able to garner funds prior to the creation of Sonny Vleisides' site to the tune of 159.9273 BTC.

Looking at the final three transactions: https://blockchain.info/address/1Hq2t6dJcxqZjGda919p4c4tmopNRLciAJ

Note the 1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs bitcoin wallet address. Also note the 1DiPE4TnBczmPVoy53tffrd1iNPq87B3PB address: https://blockchain.info/address/1DiPE4TnBczmPVoy53tffrd1iNPq87B3PB

Also 12uyvDAC8LNU8yGcW8dYLGPToSD2JenVfH: https://blockchain.info/address/12uyvDAC8LNU8yGcW8dYLGPToSD2JenVfH

Both addresses (in bold) funds go to 1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs the very next day as seen here: https://blockchain.info/tx/827063279c43c50c3f4c690dbf491071386d80068115f48d0beee7e80b4c7f2f

Doing a taint analysis of the 1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs bitcoin wallet address, we discover: https://blockchain.info/taint/1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs

Notice the 18UxwNVLPo7vyRkCgs5wusUfhhbMYhApAu bitcoin wallet address at the very top? That's the same that Bombo999's bitcoins gravitated to within hours of him transferring coins via BitPay. (scroll up a tad if you missed it)

Hopefully, I've established that both Bombo999 bitcoins used to purchase a miner from BFL and Sonny Vleisides' 1Hq2t6dJcxqZjGda919p4c4tmopNRLciAJ address used to amass BTC from the sale of chips, gravitated to the 1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs bitcoin wallet address.

Now, what else is the 1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs address known for?

This: https://blockchain.info/tx/1b6ea350c094071412df1f801651263fd65ffa0b89ad6c8626ceeca8755f50bc

As seen here - http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11283333.htm - the 1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs address was used as the infamous $1M USD down payment for the purchase of BFL Monarchs by HashTrade. But, clearly that's an impossibility, for that wallet address either belongs to BFL or BitPay, and I'm assuming the former. If the latter, then there be some 'splainin' to do on BitPay's part. And we sure the hell don't want that, for they're one of the few good guys playin' here in the Bitcoin space, and I love them, Tony, et al.

The bottom line is that NO FUCKIN' WAY does the 1QAHVyRzkmD4j1pU5W89htZ3c6D6E7iWDs bitcoin wallet address belong to HashTrade, and we can safely assume that BFL and HashTrade were/are pullin' a fast one, and, furthermore, BFL has a stash of bitcoins that's being kept from pryin' eyes, e.g., the IRS and Sonny's probation officer, for clearly there's some money laundering going on here, and you can bet your bottom satoshi that Josh Zerlan is smack dab in the middle of it.

It was Coinware's HashTrade, et al., that I was just starting to dig into when Josh, once again, called me out as a liar, going as far as offering up a 1 BTC bet that I couldn't go a month without lying. I proposed 10 BTC and two months, whereupon the bet was sealed. Then, in spite of others telling me to hush for two months, I continued to post even more, but had to be very mindful of what to post in BFL's threads for fear of losing the bet, but I did post plenty of safe posts. Come January, Josh did pay up, but for two months, then forward for a few more months, CoinWare, et al., was not discussed much till most recently, now that I've revived it.

If this goes to trail, at its end there'll be 12 angry monumental assholes convening for only a short while prior to coming back to the court room with their verdict - GUILTY!

~Bruno Kucinskas

EDIT: I forgot to add an important piece of info. The 18UxwNVLPo7vyRkCgs5wusUfhhbMYhApAu bitcoin wallet address is where the 10 BTC that Josh paid me to satisfy the bet, albeit not directly, but after about a dozen hops.
bit_wizard

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:22:54 PM

After a couple months of investigating, BFL will pay a small fine and then open up shop under another alias and do it all over again.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:15:28 AM

"If it has a tail and squeaks, shoot the furry."
cfarivar

Activity: 2
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:15:44 PM

Hi there,

Cyrus Farivar here from Ars Technica.

I have reported extensively on BFL for some time now. If you or anyone else has eyewitness accounts, documents or other materials to share, I would be very willing to hear/see them.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/05/in-18-months-feds-got-nearly-300-complaints-about-bitcoin-miner-maker/

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/04/digging-for-answers-the-strong-smell-of-fraud-from-one-bitcoin-miner-maker/

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/02/new-lawsuit-against-bitcoin-miner-manufacturer-alleges-fraud-negligence/

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/06/gold-in-them-bits-inside-the-worlds-most-mysterious-bitcoin-mining-company/

I accept communication via OTR/PGP.

http://arstechnica.com/ars-staff-pgp-keys/#cyrus-farivar

Best,

-C
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

It would be nice if you could also write an article about KNC's behavior towards their once loyal customers after they have obtained funding.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:45:37 PM

There is also the AMT Joshua Zipkin story as well (run a google search for AMT Joshua Zipkin). Plenty to tell there. Ars could do a whole column on various scammy vendors.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 04:50:32 PM

And, Alex Sovu of Black Arrow, and on Matt Carson, BA's main reseller, who also maintains a growing farm at 3250 Oakland St, Suite D, Aurora, CO.

There is also the AMT Joshua Zipkin story as well *run a google search for AMT Joshua Zipkin. Plenty to tell there. Ars could do a whole column on various scammy vendors.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: