Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:53:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CKPOOL - Open source pool/proxy/passthrough/redirector/library in c for Linux  (Read 123941 times)
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:20:08 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2017, 09:32:38 PM by kano

... Is there a way to prevent this switch from happening on a pool restart?
It's more a problem of knowing at what commit the ckpool programs are tested and working ...
As far as I know that is some time last year ...
The last tag is v0.9.4 2016-08-23 (for standard ckpool I run ded126d5 which is the same thing since there's no ckpool changes in between them and there's a deadlock some point after that and the workinfo changes after that can break ckdb shift processing and payouts)

The problem is that there's a collection of ckpool programs in there and they aren't all tested properly or at all (and at what version/commit):
Mining pool, standard proxy, passthru proxy, proxy node, remote node, redirector, bitmain's hidden ckpool api to manage ckpool programs directly.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dogedood

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

It's more a problem of knowing at what commit the ckpool programs are tested and working ...
The last tag is v0.9.4 2016-08-23 (for standard ckpool I run ded126d5 which is the same thing since there's no ckpool changes in between them and there's a deadlock some point after that and the workinfo changes after that can break ckdb shift processing and payouts)

The problem is that there's a collection of ckpool programs in there and they aren't all tested properly or at all (and at what version/commit):
Mining pool, standard proxy, passthru proxy, proxy node, remote node, redirector, bitmain's hidden ckpool api to manage ckpool programs directly.

This deadlock you mention, can you provide more info?
kano
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:02:57 PM

This deadlock you mention, can you provide more info?
It's no longer relevant.
ckpool deadlocks talking to ckdb, he doesn't test his changes with ckdb ... i.e. Bitmain pays him to break ckdb ... often.
... and he doesn't even test the effects of his changes on all the other ckpool modules Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
agentcash

Activity: 49

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:04:10 AM

Might have a memory leak when running ckproxy. Had a Pi start acting up this morning after running fine for about 3 weeks. Turned out it ran out of free memory and the watchdog had trouble killing it and killed some system processes instead. Checked the other Pis and the ckproxy process was using high amounts of memory. Percentage-wise the memory on most of them had gone over 60%, where on a fresh start it's more around 6-7%.

Edit: To note the Pi that locked up was also the one handling the highest hashrate, so that may be related. Since it ran out of memory while the lower hashrate Pis still had some free.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 01:09:33 AM

Might have a memory leak when running ckproxy. Had a Pi start acting up this morning after running fine for about 3 weeks. Turned out it ran out of free memory and the watchdog had trouble killing it and killed some system processes instead. Checked the other Pis and the ckproxy process was using high amounts of memory. Percentage-wise the memory on most of them had gone over 60%, where on a fresh start it's more around 6-7%.
There could well be, especially if you're running older code. Try running latest git if you haven't upgraded lately as the code has been dramatically updated. When time permits I'll do a more extensive search for memleaks with the proxy code.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
JanAndre

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:42:24 PM

Hi guys, I hope this is the right thread to submit a question.
We have successfully installed, and started CKpool, but only in Standalone mode. It doesn't seems like we are receving any blocks, so i want to start the pool in regular mode. we have installed DB, so that should be ok. The problem is when we start with just ckpool, we can connect any workers.
I know im a noob in this, so Im hoping to get some tips of what could be wrong. Im helping out a freind in Asia, that have 70 units of Antminer S9 ready.
Any input would be helpful. Im not sure about the directory permissions and also the correct syntax to startup the pool.

There are so little information about CKpool and how to run it.

Please help! Smiley
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 10:24:16 PM

Hi guys, I hope this is the right thread to submit a question.
We have successfully installed, and started CKpool, but only in Standalone mode. It doesn't seems like we are receving any blocks, so i want to start the pool in regular mode. we have installed DB, so that should be ok. The problem is when we start with just ckpool, we can connect any workers.
I know im a noob in this, so Im hoping to get some tips of what could be wrong. Im helping out a freind in Asia, that have 70 units of Antminer S9 ready.
Any input would be helpful. Im not sure about the directory permissions and also the correct syntax to startup the pool.

There are so little information about CKpool and how to run it.
The documentation is all in the ckpool readme for running it in standalone mode and it is well documented. If that is not clear enough then can I suggest you're probably not skilled enough to run a pool? If you're not finding blocks then you're not finding blocks; perhaps you don't even understand that 70 Antminer S9s is an extremely small hashrate to find blocks by today's standards.

-ck
JanAndre

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:21:25 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 12:33:22 PM by JanAndre

Thank you for your answer.. I found it a bit arrogant, but a answer anyway.
I'm not running the pool, I'm trying to help out friends in Asia, that dont understand English to good.

I would find your answer more helpful if it actually contained some info about the problem.

The only good information i got from your post, is that its maybe not a good idea to run CKpool with 'just' 70 units of Antminer S9. I will let the right persons know.

I know they are waiting to get a confirmation that the CKpool works, and they will purchase another 1000 units.

Have a nice day, regards Jan.
Hannu

Activity: 1061
Merit: 501

RIP: S5, A faithful device long time

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 03:36:42 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 03:53:19 PM by Hannu

Oh no did i lost you on technical problems? "Cannot send to channel #ckpool" Nou! What is wrong with it? I use data cloud.
I dont have purpose to trolling or anything like that  Huh Technical data is important to me and if you need ask something. Sad

BTC: 3Qnnx4cu45Gx4WcksNCnBPu3TaUZ5sKkLo
LTC: LYX1ZH7f4qcXq52AzA6grUYDfDngVz7BEi
XRP: rLrbZMJDdL8eQd7HsW314bCtvE16LTLYkM?dt=1113
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 09:20:04 PM

Oh no did i lost you on technical problems? "Cannot send to channel #ckpool" Nou! What is wrong with it? I use data cloud.
I dont have purpose to trolling or anything like that  Huh Technical data is important to me and if you need ask something. Sad
The IRC channel was under attack and moderation of the whole channel had to be turned on to manage it. This has been rectified now.

-ck
makkotech

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:27:06 AM

Awesome, Thank you, guys!!! Full Node running !!!, I am a Happy Panda lol, Guys I need a recommendation, what is the best option to run this like a behind process and close my terminal without killing the process, I try it using:

-  screen, Forever, pm2, & option, etc .. etc ..

But every time that I use one of those the process was broken, I need help to apply the best practice doing this last step.

Thank you in advance.
o_solo_miner
Legendary

Activity: 2451
Merit: 1476

-> morgen, ist heute, schon gestern <-

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:11:02 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2017, 05:39:57 PM by o_solo_miner

If you use screen, you have to start screen first and then
your bitcoind in daemon mode with blocknotify:
bitcoind -daemon -blocknotify=/usr/bin/notify.sh

then you must start ckpool with your wanted option like this:
ckpool -A -s /opt/ckpool

and optional the Relaynetworkclient:
./relaynetworkclient 127.0.0.1 8333

or you use the Fibrenetwork in conjunction with bitcoind 14.1 and a propper bitcoin.conf

Some Help for Screen:

screen [ENTER]
CTRL A followed by CTRL C to open another Screen console
CTRL A followed by CTRL K to kill a Screen console
to switch between screen console
CTRL A followed by N for next screen
CTRL A followed by P for previous screen

If you want to return to main console, without stopping screen and all running processes:
CTRL A followed by D to detach from screen and return to main console
( ckpool and all other stuff you started is still running in the background, you can check that with top or
htop if you have it installed )

to reconnect later to a running screen just type:
screen -r [ENTER]

sometimes that is not possible and a message appears telling you allready connected
so you type screen -d -r [ENTER]

thats all

But every time that I use one of those the process was broken

is not very helpfull, please include the complete message for fault finding next time

EDIT: like allways typo

from the creator of CGMiner http://solo.ckpool.org for Solominers
paused: passthrough for solo.ckpool.org => stratum+tcp://rfpool.org:3334
makkotech

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 05:15:43 PM

If you use screen, you have to start screen first and then
your bitcoind in daemon mode with blocknotify:
bitcoind -daemon -blocknotify=/usr/bin/notify.sh

then you must start ckpool with your wanted option like this:
ckpool -A -s /opt/ckpool

and optional the Relaynetworkclient:
./relaynetworkclient 127.0.0.1 8333

or you use the Fibrenetwork in conjunction with bitcoind 14.1 and a propper bintcoin.conf

Some Help for Screen:

screen [ENTER]
CTRL A followed by CTRL C to open another Screen console
CTRL A followed by CTRL K to kill a Screen console
to switch between screen console
CTRL A followed by N for next screen
CTRL A followed by P for previous screen

If you want to return to main console, without stopping screen and all running processes:
CTRL A followed by D to detach from screen and return to main console
( ckpool and all other stuff you started is still running in the background, you can check that with top or
htop if you have it installed )

to reconnect later to a running screen just type:
screen -r [ENTER]

sometimes that is not possible and a message appears telling you allready connected
so you type screen -d -r [ENTER]

thats all

But every time that I use one of those the process was broken

is not very helpfull, please include the complete message for fault finding next time

EDIT: like allways

Awesome thank you for your response now my ckpool is running behind using screen, I am so Happy guys, all of you are amazing, I´ll keep you posted!! Next Goal: Implement a new node using ckdb !!!
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:45:09 PM

My setup has slush, kano, & solo.ckpool as proxies 0,1, & 2 respectively. Kano lost connectivity or restarted the pool a few hours ago and the proxies switched to it and stayed there for a few hours until I noticed and restarted them.

Code:
[2017-03-15 18:11:57.400] Proxy:{"current": 0, "active": 3, "total": 3}
[2017-03-15 18:12:34.834] Proxy 1:0 stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333 failed to read_socket_line in proxy_recv
[2017-03-15 18:12:34.834] Proxy 1:0 stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333 epoll hangup in proxy_recv
[2017-03-15 18:12:34.834] Proxy 1:stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333 failed, attempting reconnect
[2017-03-15 18:12:39.010] Found notify for new proxy 1:0 with enonce 159c0d5d nonce2len 8
[2017-03-15 18:12:39.010] Got updated subscribe for proxy 1
[2017-03-15 18:12:39.010] Upstream pool stratum+tcp://stratum.kano.is:3333 1 extranonce2 length 8, max proxy clients 4294967296
[2017-03-15 18:12:39.010] Stratifier setting active proxy to 1

Slush was still up and running fine the whole time judging by the logs. Is there a way to prevent this switch from happening on a pool restart?
agentcash, there's a recent commit in the public git many months later that may (or may not) have to do with your problem:
https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool/commits/e7f36cbe4081ec9f419891aecb41c6f73e0aac2f

The commit says "Various proxy updates." so, to be blunt, is down right vague, and I've no idea why it's so vague Tongue

In the code it's to do with keeping proxy connections alive and may well be related, but I don't know.

It may help you mine less on my pool, and more on slush's pool, and thus get paid less Cheesy
(Yes the last 6 months, while you were waiting for a bug fix, on my pool have averaged 127% PPS due to luck ... https://kano.is/index.php?k=pblocks )

Rheachan1425

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 12:24:39 PM

Can i ask a question, i don't know if its ok to you that i posted here.
But i just want to ask if KanoCkpool.com is a legit cloud mining site?
Thankyou.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 12:26:48 PM

Thankyou.
Never heard of it. Quite sure it'll be a scam, like most cloud mining is.

-ck
Rheachan1425

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 12:14:57 AM

Thankyou.
Never heard of it. Quite sure it'll be a scam, like most cloud mining is.
Thank you for the advice and answering my question.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:20:48 AM

Thankyou.
Scam:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2081653.msg20807180#msg20807180

chillfactr

Activity: 637
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:33:35 AM

HEY -ck, 

Why wont my s-9 connect  through ckproxy?  i set up same as my s-7's and s-4+,  but i put s-9's and they will never connect>?
what am i missing?
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 08:09:14 PM

HEY -ck, 

Why wont my s-9 connect  through ckproxy?  i set up same as my s-7's and s-4+,  but i put s-9's and they will never connect>?
what am i missing?
I'm not aware of anything stopping the S9s connecting. I know people with thousands of S9s connected via ckproxy.

-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: