Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:21:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CKPOOL - Open source pool/proxy/passthrough/redirector/library in c for Linux  (Read 123942 times)
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 09:06:12 PM

Hello.
The maximum number of miners can be connected to a ckproxy?
Unlimited.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitmine49

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:43:35 PM

What is the best way to move from a standalone ckpool to proxy/stratum - is it just rerunning ckpool -P
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:49:25 PM

@ck I'm running on commit f35f54a (https://bitbucket.org/ckolivas/ckpool/commits/f35f54a6428a99bacad6daedbd7cd8367c985242) from 2/23/16. I recently started noticing the odd occasion where there is a 2-40 second lag between block change of bitcoind/notifier running and ckpool logging a "block hash changed" message.

When I was running this on a different box with half as many cores and same amt of RAM, I was getting no lag at all (seeing less than a second between "UpdateTip" from bitcoind to "block hash changed" from ckpool).

One difference in the two boxes is file system. Could suboptimal fs performance be causing this? The older, seemingly quicker-to-change setup had the blockchain stored on ext4 while the newer, seemingly laggier-to-change setup has the blockchain stored on btrfs (I wanted to save some physical space with transparent compression... note to all: feel free to berate me on use of btrfs, but I don't want to derail this thread).

I can obviously reformat to ext4 and copy the blockchain over and back from a backup volume, but before I go through all that headache, I wanted to get your perspective on if it could be the root cause of the lagginess.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 08:50:52 PM

Doubt it. That lag time sounds like it missed a notify entirely.

-ck
WBF1

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 08:58:59 PM

I dug a little deeper and it seems it coordinates with warnings from ckdb about taking a long time to getblocktemplate, which I guess is not surprising. I guess bitcoind is running slow or something. whther or not that could be affected so much by filesystem I know is off topic here, but an interesting thing to inspect I guess.
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 09:02:20 PM

I dug a little deeper and it seems it coordinates with warnings from ckdb about taking a long time to getblocktemplate, which I guess is not surprising. I guess bitcoind is running slow or something. whther or not that could be affected so much by filesystem I know is off topic here, but an interesting thing to inspect I guess.
Tuning/hacking/optimising bitcoind is a whole topic in and of itself and it can perform terribly bad. That's why solo/kano.is run our own custom modified coin daemons (no there is no public code for these). Plus you're running classic as far as I can tell and that carries with it whatever separate differences it has itself. All of which are offtopic for this thread.

-ck
WBF1

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:09:35 PM

Agreed on all counts. Thanks for the input though.
WBF1

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 09:23:48 PM

Oh I guess unrelated question: any reason not to run on the latest version in the master tree? Is that what you're typically using in production? I know I've asked about the M tags before, but it doesn't seem like they keep up as much, as there hasn't been one in over a month (which isn't a big deal, but just curious).
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2016, 10:28:44 PM

Oh I guess unrelated question: any reason not to run on the latest version in the master tree? Is that what you're typically using in production? I know I've asked about the M tags before, but it doesn't seem like they keep up as much, as there hasn't been one in over a month (which isn't a big deal, but just curious).
There was very real instability in there. New tag just hit.

-ck
WBF1

View Profile
March 10, 2016, 11:34:40 PM

recommend M24 then or v0.9.3?
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 06:23:14 AM

recommend M24 then or v0.9.3?
He said M tags before for a reason ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 06:48:18 PM

Do you by any chance have a consolidated log of the changes since last tag? (don't asking you to do it, just to see if there's a convenient place already to not waste time).

WBF1

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 07:41:48 PM

Do you by any chance have a consolidated log of the changes since last tag? (don't asking you to do it, just to see if there's a convenient place already to not waste time).

Read the titles of each commit on bitbucket.  Ck and kano seem to provide very descriptive info in the titles of the commits.
chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 09:07:03 PM

Read the titles of each commit on bitbucket.  Ck and kano seem to provide very descriptive info in the titles of the commits.

Yeah, i have the repo cloned, you can get a log since some commits ago, but i wanted to know if there was no necessity of doing that.

zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:40:32 PM

Hello

I have 8 miners and I'm in the process of getting them hosted in a plce with low power cost.

It would greatly help me to have only 1 IP address accessing internet/kano.is.

So I was wondering if I could use CK proxy to do the following:

Miners ->ethernet switch-> RPI -> wireless -> internet router

This way I could have a separate LAN for my miners and install ckpool/proxy (and cryptoglance) on the RPI.

Before I try to make it work at home (miners are currently directly connected behind a firewall) i'd like to know if it would work ?

Thank you

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:23:03 AM

One problem is that you'd be trusting all your hash rate to an RPi
However, we don't compile/test/run ckpool/ckdb ever on a 32bit environment ... and never will.

Simplest to get a small PC and put ubuntu on it and then run ckproxy on that.
Ubuntu says how to install it on any PC, and ckpool says how to compile and run it as a proxy in the README

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:32:43 AM

Thank you Kano.

Maybe I'm trying too hard, using the RPI as as network gateway would be simply enough probably or an ethernet to Wi-Fi bridge...

irritant

Activity: 473

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:30:47 PM

rpi3 is 64bit iirc

edit: ok im half wrong, it needs more time
memory would probably be on the low side anyway

The Raspberry Pi 3 may have 64-bit CPU, but for now its default Linux OS remains at 32 bits.

The arrival of the $35, wireless-enabled, Raspberry Pi 3, following a similarly 64-bit, $40 Odroid-C2 SBC a few weeks ago, represent a big speed boost for Linux hacker boards but not a sudden switch to 64-bit ARM computing. While the Odroid project offers an Ubuntu 64-bit image for the C2, the default Linux distribution released by the Raspberry Pi Foundation is still 32-bit.

An eventual change to 64-bit ARM firmware is inevitable given the fact that the technology offers significantly improved performance. Pressure will also come from more power-efficient, 64-bit x86 chips. Yet, because of the extensive reworking of code required for the changeover, the Raspberry Pi Foundation will commit only to “considering” a change to 64-bit for the Pi’s default Raspbian distribution in the coming months.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 10:34:58 AM

rpi3 is 64bit iirc

The Raspberry Pi 3 may have 64-bit CPU, but for now its default Linux OS remains at 32 bits.

The arrival of the $35, wireless-enabled, Raspberry Pi 3, following a similarly 64-bit, $40 Odroid-C2 SBC a few weeks ago, represent a big speed boost for Linux hacker boards but not a sudden switch to 64-bit ARM computing. While the Odroid project offers an Ubuntu 64-bit image for the C2, the default Linux distribution released by the Raspberry Pi Foundation is still 32-bit.

An eventual change to 64-bit ARM firmware is inevitable given the fact that the technology offers significantly improved performance. Pressure will also come from more power-efficient, 64-bit x86 chips. Yet, because of the extensive reworking of code required for the changeover, the Raspberry Pi Foundation will commit only to “considering” a change to 64-bit for the Pi’s default Raspbian distribution in the coming months.

Yes Raspberry Pi 3 is definitely 64 bit, they are available for sale right now here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1419675
-ck (OP)
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 10:47:45 AM

rpi3 is 64bit iirc

Yes Raspberry Pi 3 is definitely 64 bit, they are available for sale right now here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1419675
The issue is that if the operating system is still 32 bit then it's still in untested unsupported territory for ckpool, irrespective of the hardware being 64 bit.

-ck
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: