Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:10:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Truth About Monero's Risto Pietila (rpietila XMR) - warning  (Read 24407 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 06:02:54 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 06:13:54 PM by iamnotback

Oh and by the way.. risto claimed Bitcoin will be worth 1 million dollars a coin eventually.
So if you take his word for it then what ?
No matter the price it's buy time i guess right ?
Because paying $344,000 for 1 BTC is apparently a massive bargain right ?

This post by me relates to his claims etc.. i am not trying to personally attack the guy.
I actually have no interest in him personally.
What i have a problem with is people who worm their way into a position of influence..
Then abuse it. (whether the abuser knows it or not)

Objectivity.
A concept seemingly lost on Risto.
His topic he created and spammed on here (one of many)

So what ever cocky prick who fell into a bag of cash and showed up here to shill some altcoin is now king shit ?
The new crypto genius ?
Who the hell is this Altcoin noob ? LOL

And why does he get a kings crown ?
Best i could tell it was because he claimed to have a pile of money as he showed up
and because he got in on BTC early.. so what lots of people did.

I actually agree on this part.

Decentralization folks. No kings.

Get out there and compete with your knowledge creation (e.g. source code!) productivity, not your political influence.

Adam Smith's maximum division-of-labor for the greatest benefits of the Invisible Hand. No one person holds the magic wand.

I actually have a personal level interest in Risto. I know him as a very amicable person in verbal conversations. I believe his heart in the right place, but somehow IMO he appears to be stuck on this delusion that those at the top must control and take care of those at the bottom.

I also think he thinks that a good ole' boys club of the capitalists is neato. I don't. I like people, all people, but not because of whether they have money, power, and influence. I like people even the little people and big fat people, because I find every person to be unique and interesting because of it. Meaning I like the diversity of personalities. I've had friends of every race, shape, color, and culture (well not every one on earth so that means I still have more new experiences awaiting me in the future). I like interacting with people on a personal level.

As for juggernauts, I'd love to find at least one coder in my life who I really clicked with. I am hoping there will be many in an open source environment. I am learning. This is new for me.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 09:41:34 PM

Risto created a massive bubble in XMR with his incessant pumping which caused many to buy at nosebleed high prices and then XMR dumped down to very low prices for a year.

You ascribe way too much power to Risto. Risto didn't cause anything. Risto is not god.

Stop idolizing men. Fools. Do your own due diligence.
But you are the one who is idolising Risto. You think he can cause things to happen.

Added in edit:
I just checked Poloniex. 12700 BTC worth of Monero traded in the last 24 hours there. One man is not in control. One man doesn't cause this to happen.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 10:25:31 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 10:56:11 PM by iamnotback

Risto created a massive bubble in XMR with his incessant pumping which caused many to buy at nosebleed high prices and then XMR dumped down to very low prices for a year.

You ascribe way too much power to Risto. Risto didn't cause anything. Risto is not god.

But you are the one who is idolising Risto. You think he can cause things to happen.

At that time, he did. Check your facts. I was around when he was incessantly preaching to all the n00bs on the forum about Bitcoin to $1 million, about how he went from $100,000 to $10 million in BTC and that XMR was the ONLY ALTCOIN worth considering (meanwhile Dash and then Ethereum kicked its ass). He can't have that impact now on XMR, which is why (and because) the price is now finally higher.

I congratulate Risto on his excellent investment in Bitcoin. And the eventual rise of Monero has been great because finally "those Monero guys"[1] stopped berating everyone of the forum, which they did because they were so pissed off that their investment had sucked for such a long time while Dash and Ethereum raced ahead.

But let's not rewrite history and fool the readers.

What I disliked about Monero's community is they think they are superior to everyone else. And they think that they are entitled because they think they have the best cryptographers and set of open source participants outside of maybe Bitcoin's ecosystem. The whole "we are holier than thou" crap really alienated me from the start.

Exclusive clubs are for losers.

We are building an inclusive ecosystem. You are welcome to join. But I won't berate you for not joining. This is a free world. I claim no monopoly nor entitlement on it.

[1] Manny, Moe, and Jack to be specific. Obviously we can't hold every member in a community responsible for what some vocal members from that community do/did.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:58:52 AM

At that time, he did.
You might believe he did. But that doesn't mean he did. There were thousands of factors and thousands of individual investors. You have no method to isolate Risto and say Risto caused it.

Some people might have bought because Gavin Anderson liked it. Some people might have bought because they liked the technology...we could go on and on..
iamnotback

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:45:39 AM

At that time, he did.
You might believe he did. But that doesn't mean he did. There were thousands of factors and thousands of individual investors. You have no method to isolate Risto and say Risto caused it.

Some people might have bought because Gavin Anderson liked it. Some people might have bought because they liked the technology...we could go on and on..

I know marketing.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:48:06 AM

Risto knows shoes.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 01:48:07 PM

Added in edit:
I just checked Poloniex. 12700 BTC worth of Monero traded in the last 24 hours there. One man is not in control. One man doesn't cause this to happen.

Again you are colossally full of shit beyond belief.

He has run Monero since day 1.
Go read the link to the MEW topic i keep posting and tell me what you see.

Like what more can i possibly do that show you his OWN WORDS then post a link to it proving it ?
What more do you want ?

Drop the shill act.. no one.. and i mean NO ONE is buying it.
Truth is truth.. regardless of how many faggy shitcoinz you bought at Poloniex for yur ROI'z.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:13:11 PM

He has run Monero since day 1.

I dont think this is true.  He noticed Monero about same time as I did. maybe a week latter or earlier. And that was at least 1 month after the start.

You can go check his posts in May 2014. And you might see exact date when he found about it. I remember because I at that time joined  this forum and started more closely to learn about crypto. So I guess those moments will forever stay fresh in my memory.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:23:57 PM

This topic...

BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 02:25:09 PM

Who are we to judge people ?

XMR is an excellent altcoin and is going to be great if it stays secure and have active contributors.

iamnotback

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:52:58 PM

This topic...

That horse has more lives than a cat.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:48:26 PM

Michael Jackson is dead. Upgraded styling:

iamnotback

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:32:08 AM

Risto has been cited along with CoinCube in a reference in my white paper:

https://gist.github.com/shelby3/67111f328822a36beb4cad1a5220eb33
iamnotback

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 03:01:08 AM

Good grief, those Ristotards never cease to stink up the air:

@rpietila

Delete this post if you want, but maybe at the same time, you should rename this thread as the 'donations to the jesus delusionals'.
Maybe just pay him what he wants and wish him well, cos you're continued engagement with this divisive fruitcake, is probably not good for you right now, if ive understood your situation correctly.  

Lol, the ink blot is that Risto was (last time I checked) a more literal believer in Jesus than I am.

But don't let small details disrupt the premiss of your logik. Carry on...

Why do you arrogant motherfuckers always measure your dicks with money? Is that the only thing that matters? So when I have 100X more money than any one of you, then you will move the goalposts and claim money is overrated.

Risto seems to hang out with such great company. I'm so jealous.  Roll Eyes

Were you also in the Monero "we are holier and superior to all others" brigade? The self-annointed kings of altcoins. The MEW goats and barons of Crypto Kongdung.

Where is that $1 million Bitcoin price prediction now.

I don't come back over here often. I can't stomach the stench of the rotting, decaying, putrid decadent air in here.

(I am by no means speaking of everyone who has posted in this thread. I will interact with you where the bad apples don't congregate)
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 05:31:13 AM

I plan on driving this to work--in the meantime I've got a dragon.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:19:44 AM

@Febo

I had a private talk with you on IRC earlier this year and you were friendly enough etc..
But you kept telling me you never heard of all the stuff i mentioned about Risto.
And once again.. you are here lecturing me on the guy.
I was here before both of you  Cheesy

I am well aware of what has gone on since it launched.. are you ?
I gave you a couple of examples and you swiftly denied it and said oh no that's not true.
When it was and was easily verified..
Your defense of Risto and XMR is in my view INSANE.
I feel you are crooked or deceived/naive.. take your pick.

And THAT people is what i am seriously sick & fucking tired about with Monero.
FOR FUCKING YEARS we have drama central with the same usual suspects..
and 101% pure fucking denial every step of the way.

Which in case you have to be told.. that is not a good thing.
It is a symptom of dishonesty.

It gets tiring having to re-post millions of god damn fucking times the shit that went down with Monero and their cult idiots..
Only to watch the same losers sit there and say oh well.. it's all lies.

Uhh no it's not assholes.

Bottom Line:
I have serious problems with the idea of a coin trying hard to be ANON.
I believe this is a bad idea to pursue.

Even worse is the community devs and leaders of the coin who are dishonest lying scum bags !

Febo you told me David Latapie is key part of the team then the others say he is not then he is then he's not.
It just depends what we're talking about.. you all just switch gears lying your ass off playing games 24/7 all year round.
All in the hopes that idiots here at the Talk show up at Poloniex to buy XMR coinz fer teh profitz.
Yup.. just make sure to hand them your picture ID so you can buy them ANON coins  Cheesy

The truth is out there.. seek it out yourselves people.

Febo you are literally acting like you are brainwashed in a cult.. can we get some deprogramming over here ?

Monero Gate Coin

Be careful following this guy people..

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:59:16 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2016, 01:55:10 PM by obit33

all lies

I was here before you lord protector spoetnik of the unknowledgeable, it's all lies , you're delusional...

TL;DR: noone cares about your or my opinion...

bye
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:36:24 PM

all lies

I was here before you lord protector spoetnik of the unknowledgeable, it's all lies , you're delusional...

TL;DR: noone cares about your or my opinion...

bye

Go make another account about it NOOB  Cheesy

And clearly some care and others not so much.
Just remember one thing.. if you're not me ? You are doin' it wrong  Cool

And maybe if kids having something to say they would not speak in TL;DR's ?
Scoot kid.. go count yur ROI'z

iamnotback

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 06:48:05 AM

You're missing that setting the goal creates a net effect, it's no longer karate or boxing, it's mma. We aim for a perfection and achieve various degrees of success based on preferred taste--sooner or later, you will get there, or not, but all your negative energy helps Tongue

You are the one with the negative erroneous phrase "of course" in that context.

Keep trying to shoot me down with nary a veil concealing your envy to save your pathetic Moanuro and Crypo Kongdung good ole boys club of robber goats and baronistas. Keep trying in vain.

TheFascistMind = iamnotback.

The following is a rebuttal to you, rpietila, and r0ach which I wrote presciently wrote 2 years in advance, knowing that one day you'd need to read this:

One last attempt to explain how I see that the rich buys club is incongruent with the future.

I could summarize all my posts in this thread with the following outcome in the movie Braveheart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlL65LD6I4

You really should watch that and see the unexpected SWAN impale the rich boys British at the end.

Sorry that is just a constant size reduction and it doesn't solve the fundamental problem that ring-signatures can't be pruned, except by some other restrictions such as an expiry on coins.

We start with swans, then it gets interesting, and hard.

There IS an obliterating black swan (i.e. Taleb's unexpected long-tail statistic event) they don't see, whilst they be doing busy-bee grunt work of fixing databases for a broken design, making a gui, etc..

I am also a business angel, funding people's things ever since 2004.

And this produced how many million user products?

I have produced (one as a co-developer) three separate "million user" level products since 1980s. With a lot of goofing off vacation time in between (mea culpa).

I am fine if you don't want to come to my castle but that is the necessary condition if you want to deal with me.

I suppose this was directed to me as well as any others who aspire.

This is analogous to the inefficiency of saying that anyone who wants to buy french fries needs to travel to Belgium.

Those who are truly capable don't need any money. There will be too much money trying to be rammed down their throat.

Money is the weak thing to hold. Knowledge is strength.

My suggestion to you was to be more friendly and spread an insignificant (for you) investments around on all promising endeavors in order to be respected for your 1% instead of resented by the community. Also to give yourself more chance on not missing the swan boat when it comes. Your "Rpietila's Altcoin" thread instead of being a jovial and spirited discussion of exciting developments, should be renamed "Rpietila's Monero Membership Club". I am not upset about it, I am just relaying to you how it appears to others who are not brainwashed by "Monero is the answer".

You've already been friendly to me and you even gifted me 2 BTC. There is no problem between you and I. I am writing to gift you feedback, because in my analysis you are in the process of committing a fail and possibly a mega-fail.

Expecting busy hackers to go through personal interviews with you is I am sorry to tell from the perspective of a hacker insulting. I am not insulted, but I am telling you what sort of actions and attitude breed animosity. We build our reputations by our code, not our talking.

"Talk is cheap, show me the code"— Linus Torvalds

"Those who can't build, talk"— Eric Raymond

Your stance is fundamentally incongruent with the open source movement. Open source projects will spawn more and more granularly (smaller teams) and stored capital and top-down organization will become more and more irrelevant.

This is a virtual new economy; we only need to click a button to make an investment. We don't need to travel across the world. And we don't need to invest everything in one thing or two things, thus we don't need to know all the answers before the questions can even be asked. Creativity spawns serendipitously not as planned (even my own work lately proves this is true, because I didn't plan all the ideas I discovered along the way).

Open source is the odds of large numbers.

"Given enough eye balls, all bugs are shallow"— Eric Raymond paraphrasing Linus Torvalds

"Given enough experiments, all possibilities are achievable"— Shelby Moore III paraphrasing Eric Raymond paraphrasing Linus Torvalds

Eric Raymond noted that is the only known positive-scaling law in software engineering, i.e. that efficiency improves the more autonomous N actors involved. Design by top-down grouping or committee is not the same scaling law.

We don't have time to waste on top-down bureaucracy.

Warren Buffett doesn't do angel investing, because he wants to evaluate companies based on well established metrics. Angel investing is a game of more risky probabilities. Thus efficiency of scattershot is more important. Angel investing will become less and less like an exhaustive evaluation and more and more spontaneous and small, e.g. KickStarter. Everyone gives a little bit, not one big whale slowing everything down.

The Knowledge Age is the end of the road for large stored capital. The power-law distribution of wealth will shift to stored knowledge. Actionable knowledge will be power-law distributed. It already is. Which is why when you are searching for a needle in a haystack, don't tell the needle to jump to your castle.

P.S. I do want to have friendships and vacation in nice resorts such as castles. But that is vacation time. I can't mix business with vacation, it doesn't work. When I am coding, I need to be where ever I already am where I can code now, not tomorrow, not after a conversation, not after a glass of wine, not after ... Procrastination is the bane of software development. My best work has come when I didn't have material comforts.

I have not taken a shower in 2 months. I haven't washed my clothes, they are stink like a pig pen. I have not been outside of my room nor seen the sunshine except to restock on food.

Time is of the essence.

It doesn't matter if Paypal accepts Bitcoin because users who are not investors (e.g. especially females and the billions of impoverished) have no incentive to convert from their unit-of-account (dollars) to BTC just to pay for something. They might as well just fund their Paypal transactions with their credit card or bank account. Bitcoin will not become the unit-of-account without the blessing of the government, because it has no distribution scale.

Most of the impoverished don't have a credit card nor bank account.

The Paypal plan.

The reason Paypal couldn't just issue everyone in the developing world an account is because of jealousy thus legal and political risk. Governments would resist take over of their financial control by an overtly fascist corporation.

Peter Thiel et al are more clever.

Issue everyone a supranational digital account that is "decentralized and controlled by no one", when in fact it is centralized and controlled by the fascist powers-that-be.

Use this to force other countries into submission when they attempt to offer their own top-down centralized digital currencies, e.g. Ecuador.

The people are trapped either way in a fully traceable block chain and NWO Technocracy.

Monero (portmanteau of money+dying euro?) offers no hope of scaling to avert this rapidly developing fascist outcome.

C'est la vie. Fait accompli.

And the competing and equally devastating Apple Plan.

Any other ideas of how to scale a crypto-currency to beyond 10 million users within 3 years or less from launch?

Build it into a game that becomes a massive hit.

Note 'game' has a wider scope of context than what you might be thinking. For example, life is game.

Oh, poor little him!

Continue your fantasies please.

Sometimes I think out-of-the-box. I don't claim to be a genius. I have a reasonably high IQ (probably not as high as aminorex on standardized tests) and some different approaches. Linus Torvalds probably doesn't have as high an IQ as Eric Raymond (clearly evident by reading their respective blogs), but Linus has a skill set of being able to contain the complexity of large projects which Eric may not possess (Eric wrote this).

This is embarrassing for me and the best way for me to depersonalize this discussion is for me to stop speaking. Because I have very strong opinions.

Sorry for rocking the boat. I guess I don't know how to not speak my mind.

Edit: I had sent PMs twice to Hal telling about the treatments I am trying, because my autoimmunity and his ALS may share the autoimmunity issue. I don't know if he ever read them, and I may have been too late. Perhaps a quote from him is apropos.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2f1ijk/hal_finney_was_bitcoins_first_follower_when_you/

Quote from: Hal Finney
"When you find a lone nut doing something great, have the guts to be the first person to stand up and join in."

Watch the video!

If you emphasis on reading comprehension, the actual questions was how many processor cores is need to verify the incoming transactions + the mined block?

Since you asked, I just looked in the log file on a 4-year old Xeon server I'm using as a node. It takes approximately 0.14 seconds from the time a new transaction arrives until the time it is relayed. I believe most if not all of this processing is single threaded, which suggests approximately 7 transactions per second per core on a 4-year old CPU.

On the order-of-magnitude of 20 txs/sec per core on a late model CPU, i.e. an order-of-magnitude higher than Bitcoin (<1 tx/s) now per core but two orders-of-magnitude less than Visa (2 - 6K tx/s) now per core, means Monero (Cryptonote) can't scale to any where even close to global Visa scale and remain both decentralized for mining with fast block period (thus fast transactions), not to mention the likely order(s)-of-magnitude more scaling above that to reach ubiquitous global micro transactions and programmable contracts on the block chain.

So you would have to solve both this and the blockchain bloat in order to scale to global widespread use. It appears that one-time ring signatures are fundamentally incompatible with scaling.

Cryptonote can't encourage too much use with zero transaction fees, because it can't accept the scaling that can come with it.

I believe Zerocash has similar scaling issues. DarkCoin (and CoinJoin) has the simultaneity problem that fights scaling because to mix you need someone else who wants to mix with you at the same denominations at the same time (not mention being either theoretically defeated with jamming and/or Sybil attack on masternodes) and to perform this meeting with scaling you need global coherence on submitted txs which means either centralization (synchronicity) or no scaling.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 08:12:17 AM

You're missing that setting the goal creates a net effect, it's no longer karate or boxing, it's mma. We aim for a perfection and achieve various degrees of success based on preferred taste--sooner or later, you will get there, or not, but all your negative energy helps Tongue

You are the one with the negative erroneous phrase "of course" in that context.

Keep trying to shoot me down with nary a veil concealing your envy to save your pathetic Moanuro and Crypo Kongdung good ole boys club of robber goats and baronistas. Keep trying in vain.

TheFascistMind = iamnotback.

The following is a rebuttal to you, rpietila, and r0ach which I wrote presciently wrote 2 years in advance, knowing that one day you'd need to read this:

One last attempt to explain how I see that the rich buys club is incongruent with the future.

I could summarize all my posts in this thread with the following outcome in the movie Braveheart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdlL65LD6I4

You really should watch that and see the unexpected SWAN impale the rich boys British at the end.

Sorry that is just a constant size reduction and it doesn't solve the fundamental problem that ring-signatures can't be pruned, except by some other restrictions such as an expiry on coins.

We start with swans, then it gets interesting, and hard.

There IS an obliterating black swan (i.e. Taleb's unexpected long-tail statistic event) they don't see, whilst they be doing busy-bee grunt work of fixing databases for a broken design, making a gui, etc..

I am also a business angel, funding people's things ever since 2004.

And this produced how many million user products?

I have produced (one as a co-developer) three separate "million user" level products since 1980s. With a lot of goofing off vacation time in between (mea culpa).

I am fine if you don't want to come to my castle but that is the necessary condition if you want to deal with me.

I suppose this was directed to me as well as any others who aspire.

This is analogous to the inefficiency of saying that anyone who wants to buy french fries needs to travel to Belgium.

Those who are truly capable don't need any money. There will be too much money trying to be rammed down their throat.

Money is the weak thing to hold. Knowledge is strength.

My suggestion to you was to be more friendly and spread an insignificant (for you) investments around on all promising endeavors in order to be respected for your 1% instead of resented by the community. Also to give yourself more chance on not missing the swan boat when it comes. Your "Rpietila's Altcoin" thread instead of being a jovial and spirited discussion of exciting developments, should be renamed "Rpietila's Monero Membership Club". I am not upset about it, I am just relaying to you how it appears to others who are not brainwashed by "Monero is the answer".

You've already been friendly to me and you even gifted me 2 BTC. There is no problem between you and I. I am writing to gift you feedback, because in my analysis you are in the process of committing a fail and possibly a mega-fail.

Expecting busy hackers to go through personal interviews with you is I am sorry to tell from the perspective of a hacker insulting. I am not insulted, but I am telling you what sort of actions and attitude breed animosity. We build our reputations by our code, not our talking.

"Talk is cheap, show me the code"— Linus Torvalds

"Those who can't build, talk"— Eric Raymond

Your stance is fundamentally incongruent with the open source movement. Open source projects will spawn more and more granularly (smaller teams) and stored capital and top-down organization will become more and more irrelevant.

This is a virtual new economy; we only need to click a button to make an investment. We don't need to travel across the world. And we don't need to invest everything in one thing or two things, thus we don't need to know all the answers before the questions can even be asked. Creativity spawns serendipitously not as planned (even my own work lately proves this is true, because I didn't plan all the ideas I discovered along the way).

Open source is the odds of large numbers.

"Given enough eye balls, all bugs are shallow"— Eric Raymond paraphrasing Linus Torvalds

"Given enough experiments, all possibilities are achievable"— Shelby Moore III paraphrasing Eric Raymond paraphrasing Linus Torvalds

Eric Raymond noted that is the only known positive-scaling law in software engineering, i.e. that efficiency improves the more autonomous N actors involved. Design by top-down grouping or committee is not the same scaling law.

We don't have time to waste on top-down bureaucracy.

Warren Buffett doesn't do angel investing, because he wants to evaluate companies based on well established metrics. Angel investing is a game of more risky probabilities. Thus efficiency of scattershot is more important. Angel investing will become less and less like an exhaustive evaluation and more and more spontaneous and small, e.g. KickStarter. Everyone gives a little bit, not one big whale slowing everything down.

The Knowledge Age is the end of the road for large stored capital. The power-law distribution of wealth will shift to stored knowledge. Actionable knowledge will be power-law distributed. It already is. Which is why when you are searching for a needle in a haystack, don't tell the needle to jump to your castle.

P.S. I do want to have friendships and vacation in nice resorts such as castles. But that is vacation time. I can't mix business with vacation, it doesn't work. When I am coding, I need to be where ever I already am where I can code now, not tomorrow, not after a conversation, not after a glass of wine, not after ... Procrastination is the bane of software development. My best work has come when I didn't have material comforts.

I have not taken a shower in 2 months. I haven't washed my clothes, they are stink like a pig pen. I have not been outside of my room nor seen the sunshine except to restock on food.

Time is of the essence.

It doesn't matter if Paypal accepts Bitcoin because users who are not investors (e.g. especially females and the billions of impoverished) have no incentive to convert from their unit-of-account (dollars) to BTC just to pay for something. They might as well just fund their Paypal transactions with their credit card or bank account. Bitcoin will not become the unit-of-account without the blessing of the government, because it has no distribution scale.

Most of the impoverished don't have a credit card nor bank account.

The Paypal plan.

The reason Paypal couldn't just issue everyone in the developing world an account is because of jealousy thus legal and political risk. Governments would resist take over of their financial control by an overtly fascist corporation.

Peter Thiel et al are more clever.

Issue everyone a supranational digital account that is "decentralized and controlled by no one", when in fact it is centralized and controlled by the fascist powers-that-be.

Use this to force other countries into submission when they attempt to offer their own top-down centralized digital currencies, e.g. Ecuador.

The people are trapped either way in a fully traceable block chain and NWO Technocracy.

Monero (portmanteau of money+dying euro?) offers no hope of scaling to avert this rapidly developing fascist outcome.

C'est la vie. Fait accompli.

And the competing and equally devastating Apple Plan.

Any other ideas of how to scale a crypto-currency to beyond 10 million users within 3 years or less from launch?

Build it into a game that becomes a massive hit.

Note 'game' has a wider scope of context than what you might be thinking. For example, life is game.

Oh, poor little him!

Continue your fantasies please.

Sometimes I think out-of-the-box. I don't claim to be a genius. I have a reasonably high IQ (probably not as high as aminorex on standardized tests) and some different approaches. Linus Torvalds probably doesn't have as high an IQ as Eric Raymond (clearly evident by reading their respective blogs), but Linus has a skill set of being able to contain the complexity of large projects which Eric may not possess (Eric wrote this).

This is embarrassing for me and the best way for me to depersonalize this discussion is for me to stop speaking. Because I have very strong opinions.

Sorry for rocking the boat. I guess I don't know how to not speak my mind.

Edit: I had sent PMs twice to Hal telling about the treatments I am trying, because my autoimmunity and his ALS may share the autoimmunity issue. I don't know if he ever read them, and I may have been too late. Perhaps a quote from him is apropos.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2f1ijk/hal_finney_was_bitcoins_first_follower_when_you/

Quote from: Hal Finney
"When you find a lone nut doing something great, have the guts to be the first person to stand up and join in."

Watch the video!

If you emphasis on reading comprehension, the actual questions was how many processor cores is need to verify the incoming transactions + the mined block?

Since you asked, I just looked in the log file on a 4-year old Xeon server I'm using as a node. It takes approximately 0.14 seconds from the time a new transaction arrives until the time it is relayed. I believe most if not all of this processing is single threaded, which suggests approximately 7 transactions per second per core on a 4-year old CPU.

On the order-of-magnitude of 20 txs/sec per core on a late model CPU, i.e. an order-of-magnitude higher than Bitcoin (<1 tx/s) now per core but two orders-of-magnitude less than Visa (2 - 6K tx/s) now per core, means Monero (Cryptonote) can't scale to any where even close to global Visa scale and remain both decentralized for mining with fast block period (thus fast transactions), not to mention the likely order(s)-of-magnitude more scaling above that to reach ubiquitous global micro transactions and programmable contracts on the block chain.

So you would have to solve both this and the blockchain bloat in order to scale to global widespread use. It appears that one-time ring signatures are fundamentally incompatible with scaling.

Cryptonote can't encourage too much use with zero transaction fees, because it can't accept the scaling that can come with it.

I believe Zerocash has similar scaling issues. DarkCoin (and CoinJoin) has the simultaneity problem that fights scaling because to mix you need someone else who wants to mix with you at the same denominations at the same time (not mention being either theoretically defeated with jamming and/or Sybil attack on masternodes) and to perform this meeting with scaling you need global coherence on submitted txs which means either centralization (synchronicity) or no scaling.

Are you really moving my posts into threads that have nothing to do with the quoted material--jeeze, you have way too much free time. You should play CK, you could prove some of your theories on advertising and economy on a micro-transaction scale (IE. twenty bucks and you can be a whale, and if you are right, you can prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: