Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:18:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Conscience  (Read 2637 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:27:10 AM

A person is strong enough that he can talk his conscience down. He can convince himself that his conscience is a lie. As long as there is no catastrophe in his life that causes him to become weak, he can convince himself that his conscience is wrong. "There are no atheists in the foxholes."

This is part of the reason that, when a Christian and an atheist face off, the atheist usually winds up becoming angry. After all, he has to fight 3 things. He has to fight his conscience that is trying to push through all his lies. He is trying to fight the words of the Christian that are going against what he has convinced himself of. And, if the Christian uses the Bible in the debate, the Holy Spirit gets into the fray and tries to straighten the atheist out for his own good.

The atheist often loses it and becomes angry, or he becomes more or less of a blubbering idiot, something like Decky.

So, don't give up in your attempts to reach the atheist. But be gentle. After all, we are trying to save them from destruction, mostly self-destruction. And keep in mind that we are not trying to save them for ourselves. Rather, we are trying to save them for God, like ambassadors for Him. So, be gentle and patient with them.

The strongest atheist is the one that remains firm in his false beliefs in the face of the three witnesses (mentioned above) against him. Don't become irritated with him. Rather, step back and give him what he is asking for. Gently turn him over to God. If God can't persuade him, are you going to be able to?

Smiley

Now this was a bit offensive dude.. u sit here preachin god thinking you can talk about me as you have in your second paragraph?

1: I am not a fuckin athiest you fuckin I-D-I-O-T. If you have read any my posts, you know I believe in a far greater thing than you and YOUR religons lies, Your a religious freak cast out from your church.. YOU and YOUR chosen book are liar's, or you would not lie to others claiming I am what you call an athiest. I have never been angry at anyone here ever, I sit at home, my kids see me typing, and never hear a thing.. so tell me, where is this anger?

Blubbering idiot? I'M TYPING YOU FUCKIN I-D-I-O-T!

Next you'll claim I'm shouting.. Nah, again, I'm typing.

See the difference between me and you is you and your book are a sham wi a fuckin red face because NO-ONE wants you!!!!

Me, I produce scientific truths. 

Like the fact I am typing here, not speaking, not shouting, not angry, and cant wait for someone to msg me your ip. Only then will you PRAY with your HEART that I m not initiated into greater mysteries than you.

Oh, WOW! I was wondering if you could ever get to a point. And you seem to have done it here. I appreciate you for that.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:29:47 AM

I did? Phew.. no, you'll try responding using the word god, try sayin I
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:32:13 AM

2). It ACCUSES or AFFIRMS - Romans 2:15, "...for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right."

Note: The conscience doesn't have a mechanism to cleanse itself. Your conscience can never remove guilt. All it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. That's why only the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from a guilty conscience, (Hebrews 10:22).

Problem with guilt is once you've done your time you know what the fuck it's sayin, do you have the experience here to know what your saying?

Problem is that any little piece of guilt, if not washed away in the blood of Jesus, is enough to condemn the guilty person to an eternity of Hellfire.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:36:58 AM

The two things of interest that were noted:

a)How this separates us from animals

b)How it is evidence that there is a Creator.  (Creation is another big one).

However, our own sin (evil) can lead us to deny the above.

What separates us from animals is the holy spirit.

True. and not only a separation from animals, but even life itself. I mean, any of us that loses the Holy Spirit completely for some reason will die. The animals, since they don't have the Holy spirit, show that they can live without Him, because that is what they are doing already.

The point? Don't resist the Holy Spirit to the point that you force Him out. If you do, you will die.

Smiley

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 11:54:38 AM

What do you do when your conscience is shouting, "You're in really big trouble! I feel guilty! I feel defiled!" What can you do? Psychologists say that people everywhere are suffering the effects of guilty, trampled, defiled consciences.

Your conscience can never remove guilt; all it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. It can do nothing to help you! Someone has said that "A guilty conscience is a hell on earth and points to one beyond." An accusing conscience points out the guilt of our sin. Maybe years ago you stole money from your mom or you had an abortion or you've been unfaithful to your spouse. It doesn't take long before you're living as a prisoner of guilt and shame.

The Greek philosopher Seneca said, "Every guilty person is his own hangman."
Can you think for yourself without referencing the Bible?

Mr.Bitty (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:53:41 PM

What do you do when your conscience is shouting, "You're in really big trouble! I feel guilty! I feel defiled!" What can you do? Psychologists say that people everywhere are suffering the effects of guilty, trampled, defiled consciences.

Your conscience can never remove guilt; all it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. It can do nothing to help you! Someone has said that "A guilty conscience is a hell on earth and points to one beyond." An accusing conscience points out the guilt of our sin. Maybe years ago you stole money from your mom or you had an abortion or you've been unfaithful to your spouse. It doesn't take long before you're living as a prisoner of guilt and shame.

don't you quote what you believe are authoritative?

And, did you not learn much from books - written by others?

Actually, the conscience is something we can (and do) observe - as has been seen by some of the posts.  The Bible offers the missing information on it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)
noviapriani

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:02:43 PM

Actually, the conscience is something we can (and do) observe - as has been seen by some of the posts.  The Bible offers the missing information on it.
The problem with the Bible is it's not authoritive.

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:21:14 PM

The problem with the Bible is it's not authoritive.
But, a few problems for you:

01)You have not shown that the Bible is not authoritative.

02)I am not just quoting the Bible.  One can see the sky, and one can see our conscience at work.  I used the Bible as a further reference.  If I mention an animal that exists, and then quote the Bible as a reference to it later, you get upset.  Why?  Because you have a problem with the Bible.

03)The why of which brings us to this - you have a problem with your own conscience.  Now, you may deny this, much as a blindfolded man may deny the events occurring around him.  But, time will resolve this.

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:25:04 PM

Romans chapter 1 also describes the effects of a damaged conscience.Denying the existance of the Creator, for one.

So again, what can be done to repair the Conscience?

noviapriani

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:44:11 PM

Romans chapter 1 also describes the effects of a damaged conscience.Denying the existance of the Creator, for one.

I can't prove a negative.You, however, have to show that the Bible is an expert source of psychology.

Decksperiment

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:49:27 PM

2). It ACCUSES or AFFIRMS - Romans 2:15, "...for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right."

Note: The conscience doesn't have a mechanism to cleanse itself. Your conscience can never remove guilt. All it can do is accuse you if you have done wrong. That's why only the blood of Jesus can cleanse us from a guilty conscience, (Hebrews 10:22).

Problem with guilt is once you've done your time you know what the fuck it's sayin, do you have the experience here to know what your saying?

Problem is that any little piece of guilt, if not washed away in the blood of Jesus, is enough to condemn the guilty person to an eternity of Hellfire.

Smiley

Smile all ye want ya bass, if am no fuckin guilty then am no takin part in any blood orgy ya fuckin weirdo.. Jesus has been dead for 2000 years, and since his demise, nae cunt's washed in his blood, FACT.
Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:09:58 PM

I can't prove a negative.You, however, have to show that the Bible is an expert source of psychology.
Actually - it would be easier to prove the Bible is not authoritative, if it is indeed not, then to prove it is authoritative, even if it is.

You can run from your conscience, but, you cannot hide forever, guy.

But, it can be repaired.  Just - you and I cannot do it.

noviapriani

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:23:21 PM

Actually - it would be easier to prove the Bible is not authoritative, if it is indeed not, then to prove it is authoritative, even if it is.

That's easy......
The Bible isn't authoritative!

Prove me wrong,it's the ol' Empty Bucket analogy.....
Everyone can see the bucket is empty, but you want us to believe the bucket is full.....

Prove the empty bucket is full.....

( We won't be holding our breath in anticipation....)

Decksperiment

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:25:37 PM

The (so called empty) bucket is full of air.
Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:37:49 PM

That's easy......
The Bible isn't authoritative!

Prove me wrong,it's the ol' Empty Bucket analogy.....
Everyone can see the bucket is empty, but you want us to believe the bucket is full.....

Prove the empty bucket is full.....

( We won't be holding our breath in anticipation....)
Actually - it would be easier to prove the Bible is not authoritative, if it is indeed not, then to prove it is authorititative, even if it is.

The more errors found, the less authoritative it is.

Easier than examing ever passage to find no substantial fault with it.

Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:42:56 PM

Feel free to start a thread if you think you can back those claims.  It may not be out of place for you to have introduced the Bible in that thread, but, it is likely that it would distract from the subject of the thread.

PeanutCoins

Activity: 141

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:44:01 PM

Feel free to start a thread if you think you can back those claims.  It may not be out of place for you to have introduced the Bible in that thread, but, it is likely that it would distract from the subject of the thread.
You don't debate well. You just ask nonsense questions...and eventually say "Go read the Bible."...............Boring.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — The real dice experience | Provably Fair | Free BTC Faucet ⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mr.Bitty (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:08:51 PM

You don't debate well. You just ask nonsense questions...and eventually say "Go read the Bible."...............Boring.
This thread in particular is more about discussing the facts of conscience.

If I said the sun is shining, what is there to debate about?  Same with the conscience.  We all have it, we all damage it.

Now, when I post the cure, I can see there being a debate about that.

Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:15:26 PM

The bible refers to our Conscience several times.  Paul refers to it in Romans.  It is something we can destroy, just as we can destroy our bodies.

"Even when Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, instinctively follow what the law says, they show that in their hearts they know right from wrong. They demonstrate that God's law is written within them, for their own consciences either accuse them or tell them they are doing what is right."  Romans 2:14-15

Conscience is not an instinct, it is a knowledge, a consciousness put within us by God, it is one of the things that differentiates us from animals. Though the conscience cannot act, it can and does judge. It takes our thoughts, words, deeds and motives and compares them with the moral law of God, with the will of God. Then it passes its judgment.

The Bible is teaching that everyone, even if they've never heard about God's Word, knows they should act according to God's morality by nature. The 18th-century German Philosopher Immanuel Kant said, "Two things fill the mind with ever increasing wonder and awe, the more often and the more intensely the mind of thought is drawn to them--the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me." (Immanuel Kant, Critique of Pure Reason, 1781).

There is a "law" or a "morality" operating in everyone's own heart either accusing us or telling us we are doing what is right. Because of this, we are responsible to do what is right and to avoid what is wrong or sinful, and when we violate our conscience, we feel guilt.

Problem is that our spiritual standard is very far from God's standard, moral, ethic and Conscience.
It seems that people created their own standard, moral, ethic and Conscience, so we don't have any more absolute valuers (from God) but relative, changeable values, and this is the problem in today's society.
Everybody replace God with self proclaimed ''freedom'' and human rights and this create chaos and confusion in society.
Without God there is no ideal world with absolute values to guide us. 

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:31:57 AM

!: Human right's were created by MAN to make him believe.. they were required..Huh?

2: I clearly (thanx 2 him upstairs) know wtf is what..

3:Conscience is not an instinct, it is a knowledge: Bull. I am concioous or asleep, take yer pick, god's got nowt tae dae wi it..

4:The Bible is teaching that everyone, even if they've never heard about God's Word, knows they should act according to God's morality by nature.  Wrong. The bible teaches: Go AWAY NASTY MOUNTAIN when your on a plane knowing the engines fell off the wings, and you as a passenger are fucked, nae way oot.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: