Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:01:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do You Believe The Bible To Be Historically Accurate?
Yes - 10 (27%)
No - 20 (54.1%)
It doesn't matter - 7 (18.9%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Believe The Bible To Be Historically Accurate?  (Read 5269 times)
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:17:12 PM

Do you beleive the Bible is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:25:38 PM

Well, there's a global flood in there, I think this is enough to say it is not accurate...

Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:26:17 PM

Is the story about Noah's ark in the bible?  then clearly no

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:31:21 PM

I am not religious so whether it is accurate of not, it makes no difference to me. The bible is a collection of stories teaching christian ways, it is not a history text book.
Decksperiment

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:45:59 PM

How can it be?

When I was young I thought there was only one bible. Then I heard of the King James bible.. then I read of at least 10 more remix's of the same tune, not one of them has an accurate date.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:03:02 PM

Someone might believe the Bible is historically accurate, but it does not matter to them, or believe it it is not historically accruate, but it does matter to them - but there is nothing to select for that.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:08:12 PM

I am not religious so whether it is accurate of not, it makes no difference to me. The bible is a collection of stories teaching christian ways, it is not a history text book.
Anway, for me:
Yes, not only is it accurate, but its value is dependent on its accuracy.  The whole thing rises and falls on whether or not the physical death and resurrection of Jesus is historically true - it is the center, the foundation, of the Christian faith.

if the Bible is not historically accurate, then the faith is worthless.

Now, interestingly, there are those who believe the Bible is historically accurate, but, dont care.  They have no interest in acting on its message.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:48:31 PM

I generally concede the fact idea Moses, David (from the David and Goliath story) and Jesus could have been real historical people, but it's like the Hercules myth. Hercules could have been a genuine strong man, but many of the stories about him got exaggerated and Hercules himself could have done some of the exaggerating for the sake of a good story. The good stories get repeated around campfires with maybe some of the details changed by people who didn't quite remember what originally happened or want to embellish things.
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:59:45 PM

Anway, for me:
Yes, not only is it accurate, but its value is dependent on its accuracy.  The whole thing rises and falls on whether or not the physical death and resurrection of Jesus is historically true - it is the center, the foundation, of the Christian faith.

Now, interestingly, there are those who believe the Bible is historically accurate, but, dont care.  They have no interest in acting on its message.

To quote this: if the Bible is not historically accurate, then the faith is worthless.

Hence I need facts Wink Now if the bible had facts that could prove whatever it's claims are regarding the beginning, I'd be all ears..
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:06:07 PM

Anway, for me:

To quote this: if the Bible is not historically accurate, then the faith is worthless.

Hence I need facts Wink Now if the bible had facts that could prove whatever it's claims are regarding the beginning, I'd be all ears..

Well, as Ken Ham has been known to say, "We have a BOOK!!!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9yQEG7mlTU

(And yes, I am being sarcastic.)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:32:07 PM

Do you beleive the Bible is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?
The bible can't even get the value of pi right.  A circle with a diameter of 10 does not have a circumference of 30.

The earth rotates around its own axis and also performs a circuit around the sun so the position of the sun in the sky could not stop for a few hours as per the biblical story.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

The events, the people, Jesus, the crucifixion, eternal life, performing miracles, all true.

Of course the catholic church modified it so people worship them instead of god.  The basis is true, that which is love.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

Once I worked out how much water was required to flood the world to 10 cubits above the highest mountain.  It was a lot, where it went nobody knows.  And how the seas were salty and lakes were not, even after this mixing of water is hard to reconcile with the truth.
Mr.Bitty

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:38:55 PM

Once I worked out how much water was required to flood the world to 10 cubits above the highest mountain.  It was a lot, where it went nobody knows.  And how the seas were salty and lakes were not, even after this mixing of water is hard to reconcile with the truth.
I'm guessing......The hard part was figuring out what a "cubit" was....?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
( DICEBITCO.IN | → BE THE BANK! ←| BEAUTIFUL UI | @Official Thread | @Twitter)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
BCwinning

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:46:10 PM

not only is it inaccurate, most of if not all of the stories are older stories that have been retold to
suit their views. Global flood, thousands of years older than the bible makes you believe.
Moses? Possibly an egyptians pharohs son. Judaism = Worship of Volcanic god.
The rabbit hole is deep, if you look you will find more than what you wanted to know.
plus I think most of us could agree that humans are older than 6000 years old ...

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:52:02 PM

The bible can't even get the value of pi right.  A circle with a diameter of 10 does not have a circumference of 30.

The earth rotates around its own axis and also performs a circuit around the sun so the position of the sun in the sky could not stop for a few hours as per the biblical story.

Pi is a mathematical creation that came after the bible, no-one used it, no-one heard of it until it was invented whenever.. pi is not scientific fact, it is a measurement, that clearly does not recognise the missing constellation or 10 degree's of missing time-space, that whilst it is clearly there, has been erased. Pi was created to hide the 13th constellation and the space it takes up, including the circle having an actual circumference of 370 degree's, so go remix all your maths from pi into this FACT that pi cannot take part in.

Pi is a fuckin joke on mathematicians. Thats why it works for them.
Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:53:12 PM

nah, a cubit is usually given the figure of 0.45m so the figure is height of Mt Everest plus 4.5metres.The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:33:53 PM

nah, a cubit is usually given the figure of 0.45m so the figure is height of Mt Everest plus 4.5metres.The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
A cubit was the length between the tip of the middle finger to the elbow of the current ............ Ruler (King) at the time.
The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
Why would you bother?  It's just a myth.Have you figured-out how Noah got all those animals on the Ark?Now THAT would be something!

Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:53:47 PM

A cubit was the length between the tip of the middle finger to the elbow of the current ............ Ruler (King) at the time.
The hardest part was finding out the volume of dry land situated above sea level.
Why would you bother?  It's just a myth.Have you figured-out how Noah got all those animals on the Ark?Now THAT would be something!
It would be as interesting to do that as to find out how the ark did not break up due to movement of the timbers. I know it was special wood god created then, after the flood made extinct but .......
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

That was answered for you in the old FSA.  Good answer, but,  you did not like it because it undermined what you thought was a good reason for thinking the Bible inaccurate.

Tell you what - why don't you post here the passage, if you think you really have a case, and we can examine it together.  We can do that for each objection, one at a time.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:43:25 PM

I Kings 7:23 And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

II Chron 4:2 Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.
zolace

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:47:53 PM

I Kings 7:23 And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.

II Chron 4:2 Also he made a molten sea of ten cubits from brim to brim, round in compass, and five cubits the height thereof; and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about.
Ok, so it does not tell us if they were measuring from inside or outside the brim (which would have a thickness).  Do you know anywhere where it might?

If the brim has some thickness (and would it not?), why do you assume that these folks (which engineered such interesting feats such as tunnel under Hezekiah) would get something this simple wrong?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:51:35 PM

I see, so the inside of the brim was the measurement of the diameter but the outside of said brim was the measurement of the circumference?

Why the change?  And why was this difference exactly equal to pi?
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:24:00 PM

The change was to introduce pi once it was invented.. just to make everything appear to fit..

As for molten sea from brim to brim, molten is hot and melted whatever.. I'll use lava as an example, being molten rock.
zolace

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:41:28 PM

I see, so the inside of the brim was the measurement of the diameter but the outside of said brim was the measurement of the circumference?

Why not?  Why do people in my wife's country do things one way, and us another?

Why do women do things one way (often) and men another.

Not knowing does not mean having to put the worse spin on this - especially one that makes no sense (given again that these folks - Jews and their neighbors - engineered some pretty cool stuff).

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:44:20 PM

I believe the New Testament has a clearer depiction of history than the old testament...
Rigon

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:51:11 PM

Not knowing does not mean having to put the worse spin on this - especially one that makes no sense (given again that these folks - Jews and their neighbors - engineered some pretty cool stuff).
Does lying on behalf of god make you feel powerful?

I have asked questions concerning the sun stopping in the sky.  You reply god can do anything.

What sorts of things would god have to do to achieve this?
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:54:48 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2014, 03:10:14 PM by Decksperiment

Why not?  Why do people in my wife's country do things one way, and us another?

I have asked questions concerning the sun stopping in the sky.  You reply god can do anything.

Sit a short distance from a big hill, with a hill in the backround behind it to the right. As the sun set's, and sit's in the kappa valley (where the image of both hills appear as one where they meet) it does so for an hour against all scientific knowledge. Nothing more than an optical illusion of light Wink

We could be more elaborate, and point out that on the 22nd of december, the sun is at it's lowest point, and stays there for three days, then starts to rise again on christmas day, in effect, the sun 'stops' just below the horizon, every year, before it rises again for next summer. In effect, Jesus is reborn, welcome to the TRUTH.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:17:38 PM

of course not

the bible is a book which tries to teach people on how to act

not to represent things that really happened

Looking for a signature campaign.
Rigon

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:22:50 PM

The earth spins and rotates around the sun.  The bible rather suggests that the sun moved across the sky daily which we know does not happen. (unless you are saying that god changed these matters since the events described?)  Now the spinning of the earth entails certain physical phenomena.  The sudden stop of the rotation would mean the contents of the earth would keep moving.  This would have to be taken care of by god.  Especially water in the seas and lakes.  (This came after the flood).
Decksperiment

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 03:23:40 PM

of course not

I can get with the morality, but when will the likes of BADecker realise, that continually spoutin shite from the bible is moraly wrong and offensive?
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:08:07 PM

It's obviously not strictly true, part allegorical, part moral treatise part history
If you have faith, all else does not matter

noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:12:03 PM

The earth spins and rotates around the sun.  The bible rather suggests that the sun moved across the sky daily which we know does not happen. (unless you are saying that god changed these matters since the events described?)  Now the spinning of the earth entails certain physical phenomena.  The sudden stop of the rotation would mean the contents of the earth would keep moving.  This would have to be taken care of by god.  Especially water in the seas and lakes.  (This came after the flood).
Actually the Earth rotates on it's axis, and orbits the Sun in an elliptical orbit.Please, Rigon!  You need not further confuse Zolace. He has enough on his plate as it is!

virtapayseller666

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 04:49:50 PM

10 Reasons to Believe In The Bible

• Its Honesty
    Its Preservation
    Its Claims For Itself
    Its Miracles
    Its Unity
    Its Historical And Geographical Accuracy
    Its Endorsement By Christ
    Its Prophetic Accuracy
    Its Survival
    Its Power To Change Lives
    You’re Not Alone

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:14:32 AM

of course not

I can get with the morality, but when will the likes of BADecker realise, that continually spoutin shite from the bible is moraly wrong and offensive?

don't really know

we're just going to have to accept that a lot of people aren't smart enough to realise the bible isn't a history book

it's a disability

btw I think this is more for politcs&society

the OP should move it there

Looking for a signature campaign.
Rigon

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:16:12 PM

Actually the Earth rotates on it's axis, and orbits the Sun in an elliptical orbit.Please, Rigon!  You need not further confuse Zolace. He has enough on his plate as it is!

I plead guilty to using the term spin when I should have used "rotates on its own axis - with degrees of wobble)"

I feel I might give something to Zolace that agrees with his odd beliefs.

http://chronicle.com/free/v55/i31/31b00601.htm
zolace

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:21:23 PM

what part of All Powerful, all wise Creator do you not understand.

Your objection is like that of a kid who cannot understand how an adult does what he does.  And that to explain to the kid, it would be beyond his understanding.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:52:09 PM

There are things many of us adults cannot understand, that some adults can do.  Do you understand how to put together a Cray computer?

And, we are all dust before Him who created the World by his Word.  It really is a silly objection, if one thinks about it.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
pr0d1gy

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 05:56:44 PM

These types of questions...

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
(oYo)

Activity: 476

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 09:14:30 PM

Do you believe  Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?
I fixed your typos for you. You're welcome. Wink

Oh, and no, it doesn't matter to me. I still like the story.  Cheesy

ziiiggy

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:53:58 PM

No... I do not believe that its historically accurate.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:14:58 AM

The only way the Bible is accurate is when God talks to each person individually. No two people understand a thing exactly the same. Bible accuracy may/might be very different person to person.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:27:58 AM

Do you believe  Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?
I fixed your typos for you. You're welcome. Wink

Oh, and no, it doesn't matter to me. I still like the story.  Cheesy
Thanks!   Wink

sana8410

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:30:31 AM

There are things many of us adults cannot understand, that some adults can do.  Do you understand how to put together a Cray computer?

And, we are all dust before Him who created the World by his Word.  It really is a silly objection, if one thinks about it.
And so is your objection to the objection! Zolace's way of explaining inexplicable things is to say "because" and he expects this to be seen as adequate.

Which indicates he is deluded.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:12:21 AM

And so is your objection to the objection! Zolace's way of explaining inexplicable things is to say "because" and he expects this to be seen as adequate.

Which indicates he is deluded.
What else could you expect from someone who, when presented with facts as to the errors and other discrepancies in the bible, clamps his hands over his ears and screams, "Is Not!", and believes it's a valid argument?

zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:29:29 AM

Maybe we can start with some common ground.

If there is a Creator (premise, that is all, don't get hung up here), who brought all the universe into being (however it was done), such a Being would be beyond us in comprehension in some areas at least, true?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:38:51 AM

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Well, that was a nice exchange of Bible verses.  Now, back to the question.  If there are even humans whose thinking is beyond many of us, how much more so the Creator.  True?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:41:37 AM

If there is a Creator (premise, that is all, don't get hung up here), who brought all the universe into being (however it was done), such a Being would be beyond us in comprehension in some areas at least, true?
Your definition is going to be as plastic as possible to avoid getting specific. or even worse the idea will be so simplistic as to suggest that if anyone knows some data that I dont, it proves there is thinking that is beyond mine. I have no intention of playing such ring around the rosie games!

So to make things easier

If you think there is thinking that is beyond my thinking, then it would be helpful if you stated what that thinking is.

Otherwise my experience says no there is no one capable of thinking better than I think!
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:47:18 AM

Your definition is going to be as plastic as possible to avoid getting specific. or even worse the idea will be so simplistic as to suggest that if anyone knows some data that I dont, it proves there is thinking that is beyond mine. I have no intention of playing such ring around the rosie games!

So to make things easier

If you think there is thinking that is beyond my thinking, then it would be helpful if you stated what that thinking is.

Otherwise my experience says no there is no one capable of thinking better than I think!
Now the word 'beyond' is subjective, after it has been used already with no objection.  Interesting.

So, you could have done the very accomplishments, for example, that Einstein did?  You are actually building upon those, and going further?

Are you qualified for any job that is available in this country?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:51:31 AM

So to make things easier

Now the word 'beyond' is subjective, after it has been used already with no objection.  Interesting.

So, you could have done the very accomplishments, for example, that Einstein did?  You are actually building upon those, and going further?

Are you qualified for any job that is available in this country?
I wasn't including every time you used the term, I meant that I immediately challenged the meaning, when you applied it to me.

As soon as you asked me specifically if there was any human being who was beyond my thinking, I asked for the definition.

So if it will get you back on track, I will include all your uses of the term, because even in those cases I believe it was subjective!

Having said that I think its irrelevant since I already knew your definition before you did!
Making the question rhetorical anyway. My answer was and is No!
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:00:43 AM

Basically in your opinion if anyone knows any data that I don't... then their thinking is beyond mine. That's pretty lame since that would imply that every one's thinking is beyond everyone else's since everyone probably knows something that someone else does not! And your own question demonstrates the error of that rationale.

Am I qualified for every job there is??? No!
So who is so qualified???  No one!

So after all that, you still have not presented a non subjective definition of what "beyond" really is.
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:05:19 AM

Basically in your opinion if anyone knows any data that I don't... then their thinking is beyond mine. That's pretty lame since that would imply that every one's thinking is beyond everyone else's since everyone probably knows something that someone else does not! And your own question demonstrates the error of that rationale.

So after all that, you still have not presented a non subjective definition of what "beyond" really is.
Agreed no Human.  The Creator has no such limitations.  He is all powerful and all knowing.
Thank you!
You agreed that no human is qualified for every job.  There are jobs beyond each one of us.

Since this is not a problem for the all powerful, all knowing Creator, He is obviously far superior to us.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:06:11 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 11:07:46 AM by Puppet

The bible is a collection of stories teaching christian ways

Have you actually read the book? The old testament ? Racial and sexual discrimination, mass murder, slavery, rape, child molestation, ethnic cleansing, infanticide, ...

Wait, I guess you are right after all.
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:23:20 AM

Agreed no Human.  The Creator has no such limitations.  He is all powerful and all knowing.
Thank you!
You agreed that no human is qualified for every job.  There are jobs beyond each one of us.

Since this is not a problem for the all powerful, all knowing Creator, He is obviously far superior to us.
I can always become qualified for any job by acquiring the necessary knowledge! So how is it beyond my thinking? Just knock Zolace and the door will be opened!
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:42:29 AM

I agree.  That is the point.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:08:45 AM

What a crock of BS!

First you try to say its beyond me... now suddenly you agree its not!

And there was suppose to be some point.

I guess if you think contradicting yourself was the point!
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:14:40 PM

What a crock of BS!

First you try to say its beyond me... now suddenly you agree its not!

And there was suppose to be some point.

I guess if you think contradicting yourself was the point!
What are you talking about?  I am agreeing that you cannot always become qualified for any job by acquiring the necessary knowledge.  How is that contradicting myself?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

Historically accurate you ask?

let's see.. talking snakes..Dragons..angels mating with mortals resulting in giants..unicorns
the great flood..6000 year old world..somebody celebrated his 969year birthday (Methuselah)
rainbow promise..a flat world..jonah in the whale..etc

This is just of the top of my head but I would have to say no
Vuqel

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:02:01 AM

Yes! Many educated people assume that science and modern scholarship have thoroughly discredited the Bible and relegated this ancient text to the dustbin of history.
 See more at: http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magazines/2006/march-april/can-you-believe-bible
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:08:21 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 10:39:13 AM by Lethn

Common ground? If religious people believe that homosexuals are psychologically damaged and should be 'dealt' with then that's what they believe and we aren't allowed to disagree, there is no fucking common ground with religious fascists, you insist on forcing your beliefs on other people even if they're completely made up, deluded and ignore reality. If a giant asteroid came hurtling towards earth and was about to flatten a city and kill everyone within a certain radius and you believed it wouldn't you'd force everyone to go and stand with you and wait for it to hit the spot your standing on, I cannot ever go along with that kind of arrogance.

If there's one thing me and communists can always agree on it's religious people who use the government to enforce religious beliefs are a bunch of dangerous psychopaths and if anyone disagrees with this who's religious feel free to have the balls to denounce them instead of staying suspiciously silent on the issue.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 08:33:13 AM

Yes! Many educated people assume that science and modern scholarship have thoroughly discredited the Bible and relegated this ancient text to the dustbin of history.
 See more at: http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magazines/2006/march-april/can-you-believe-bible

Lol so much nonsense in that site! xD

But which books of the bible are we talking about here? Many were written many decades after the events, and some obviously aren't accurate like genesis and others.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: