Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:51:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do You Believe The Bible To Be Historically Accurate?
Yes - 10 (27%)
No - 20 (54.1%)
It doesn't matter - 7 (18.9%)
Total Voters: 37

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do You Believe The Bible To Be Historically Accurate?  (Read 5270 times)
ziiiggy

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 11:53:58 PM

No... I do not believe that its historically accurate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 12:14:58 AM

The only way the Bible is accurate is when God talks to each person individually. No two people understand a thing exactly the same. Bible accuracy may/might be very different person to person.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:27:58 AM

Do you believe  Dr. Seuss' "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?
I fixed your typos for you. You're welcome. Wink

Oh, and no, it doesn't matter to me. I still like the story.  Cheesy
Thanks!   Wink

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 08:30:31 AM

There are things many of us adults cannot understand, that some adults can do.  Do you understand how to put together a Cray computer?

And, we are all dust before Him who created the World by his Word.  It really is a silly objection, if one thinks about it.
And so is your objection to the objection! Zolace's way of explaining inexplicable things is to say "because" and he expects this to be seen as adequate.

Which indicates he is deluded.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
noviapriani (OP)

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:12:21 AM

There are things many of us adults cannot understand, that some adults can do.  Do you understand how to put together a Cray computer?

And, we are all dust before Him who created the World by his Word.  It really is a silly objection, if one thinks about it.
And so is your objection to the objection! Zolace's way of explaining inexplicable things is to say "because" and he expects this to be seen as adequate.

Which indicates he is deluded.
What else could you expect from someone who, when presented with facts as to the errors and other discrepancies in the bible, clamps his hands over his ears and screams, "Is Not!", and believes it's a valid argument?

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:29:29 AM

Maybe we can start with some common ground.

If there is a Creator (premise, that is all, don't get hung up here), who brought all the universe into being (however it was done), such a Being would be beyond us in comprehension in some areas at least, true?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:38:51 AM

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Well, that was a nice exchange of Bible verses.  Now, back to the question.  If there are even humans whose thinking is beyond many of us, how much more so the Creator.  True?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:41:37 AM

If there is a Creator (premise, that is all, don't get hung up here), who brought all the universe into being (however it was done), such a Being would be beyond us in comprehension in some areas at least, true?
Your definition is going to be as plastic as possible to avoid getting specific. or even worse the idea will be so simplistic as to suggest that if anyone knows some data that I dont, it proves there is thinking that is beyond mine. I have no intention of playing such ring around the rosie games!

So to make things easier

If you think there is thinking that is beyond my thinking, then it would be helpful if you stated what that thinking is.

Otherwise my experience says no there is no one capable of thinking better than I think!
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:47:18 AM

Your definition is going to be as plastic as possible to avoid getting specific. or even worse the idea will be so simplistic as to suggest that if anyone knows some data that I dont, it proves there is thinking that is beyond mine. I have no intention of playing such ring around the rosie games!

So to make things easier

If you think there is thinking that is beyond my thinking, then it would be helpful if you stated what that thinking is.

Otherwise my experience says no there is no one capable of thinking better than I think!
Now the word 'beyond' is subjective, after it has been used already with no objection.  Interesting.

So, you could have done the very accomplishments, for example, that Einstein did?  You are actually building upon those, and going further?

Are you qualified for any job that is available in this country?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 09:51:31 AM

So to make things easier

Now the word 'beyond' is subjective, after it has been used already with no objection.  Interesting.

So, you could have done the very accomplishments, for example, that Einstein did?  You are actually building upon those, and going further?

Are you qualified for any job that is available in this country?
I wasn't including every time you used the term, I meant that I immediately challenged the meaning, when you applied it to me.

As soon as you asked me specifically if there was any human being who was beyond my thinking, I asked for the definition.

So if it will get you back on track, I will include all your uses of the term, because even in those cases I believe it was subjective!

Having said that I think its irrelevant since I already knew your definition before you did!
Making the question rhetorical anyway. My answer was and is No!
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:00:43 AM

Basically in your opinion if anyone knows any data that I don't... then their thinking is beyond mine. That's pretty lame since that would imply that every one's thinking is beyond everyone else's since everyone probably knows something that someone else does not! And your own question demonstrates the error of that rationale.

Am I qualified for every job there is??? No!
So who is so qualified???  No one!

So after all that, you still have not presented a non subjective definition of what "beyond" really is.
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:05:19 AM

Basically in your opinion if anyone knows any data that I don't... then their thinking is beyond mine. That's pretty lame since that would imply that every one's thinking is beyond everyone else's since everyone probably knows something that someone else does not! And your own question demonstrates the error of that rationale.

So after all that, you still have not presented a non subjective definition of what "beyond" really is.
Agreed no Human.  The Creator has no such limitations.  He is all powerful and all knowing.
Thank you!
You agreed that no human is qualified for every job.  There are jobs beyond each one of us.

Since this is not a problem for the all powerful, all knowing Creator, He is obviously far superior to us.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:06:11 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 11:07:46 AM by Puppet

The bible is a collection of stories teaching christian ways

Have you actually read the book? The old testament ? Racial and sexual discrimination, mass murder, slavery, rape, child molestation, ethnic cleansing, infanticide, ...

Wait, I guess you are right after all.
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:23:20 AM

Agreed no Human.  The Creator has no such limitations.  He is all powerful and all knowing.
Thank you!
You agreed that no human is qualified for every job.  There are jobs beyond each one of us.

Since this is not a problem for the all powerful, all knowing Creator, He is obviously far superior to us.
I can always become qualified for any job by acquiring the necessary knowledge! So how is it beyond my thinking? Just knock Zolace and the door will be opened!
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:42:29 AM

I agree.  That is the point.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 11:08:45 AM

What a crock of BS!

First you try to say its beyond me... now suddenly you agree its not!

And there was suppose to be some point.

I guess if you think contradicting yourself was the point!
zolace

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:14:40 PM

What a crock of BS!

First you try to say its beyond me... now suddenly you agree its not!

And there was suppose to be some point.

I guess if you think contradicting yourself was the point!
What are you talking about?  I am agreeing that you cannot always become qualified for any job by acquiring the necessary knowledge.  How is that contradicting myself?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:28:48 PM

Do you beleive the Bible is historically accurate? Does it matter to you if it's not?

Historically accurate you ask?

let's see.. talking snakes..Dragons..angels mating with mortals resulting in giants..unicorns
the great flood..6000 year old world..somebody celebrated his 969year birthday (Methuselah)
rainbow promise..a flat world..jonah in the whale..etc

This is just of the top of my head but I would have to say no
Vuqel

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 08:02:01 AM

Yes! Many educated people assume that science and modern scholarship have thoroughly discredited the Bible and relegated this ancient text to the dustbin of history.
 See more at: http://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magazines/2006/march-april/can-you-believe-bible
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 08:08:21 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 10:39:13 AM by Lethn

Common ground? If religious people believe that homosexuals are psychologically damaged and should be 'dealt' with then that's what they believe and we aren't allowed to disagree, there is no fucking common ground with religious fascists, you insist on forcing your beliefs on other people even if they're completely made up, deluded and ignore reality. If a giant asteroid came hurtling towards earth and was about to flatten a city and kill everyone within a certain radius and you believed it wouldn't you'd force everyone to go and stand with you and wait for it to hit the spot your standing on, I cannot ever go along with that kind of arrogance.

If there's one thing me and communists can always agree on it's religious people who use the government to enforce religious beliefs are a bunch of dangerous psychopaths and if anyone disagrees with this who's religious feel free to have the balls to denounce them instead of staying suspiciously silent on the issue.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: