Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I reopen the ICO?
YES - 11 (84.6%)
NO - 2 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENVY] Envy Coin | ICO closed - Did not meet Min BTC Refund will start soon  (Read 43529 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:08:48 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2014, 09:41:42 PM by vegasguy

I am just curious. It seems like there is a descent amount of support for this coin now. I can tell Bittrex to reopen since refunds have not started. But we would have to get to 100 BTC

Yes, I think you threw in the towel too early. I don't know what they were saying at hashtalk.org (actually, I have never even heard of hashtalk.org), but you should really give it a shot.

I was one of those questioning the structure of the deal (and was hoping you would change it), but I was still going to invest at least a little. I think the idea is solid. Also, you quit just after quiwoman2 (who runs the QBK coin) reached out to you (on this forum). She sounded interested in the concept. That's worth a conversation right there. QBK had its ICO on Poloniex at .0002 and in about a month it is trading at around .00062 (as I write this), plus it has already paid a dividend.

People wait until the last minute. I hated the Craigscoin idea (and definitely did not invest -- thankfully as it was a dud), but nearly all of the BTC came in during the last 48 hours. (That was on Bittrex too)

I say, as best as you can, tweak the details of the ICO to answer your critics and still make you happy. Now, I have no idea what your critics were so upset about at hashtalk.org, so that may not be possible. All I am saying is now that you have some feedback, maybe you would like to make a minor change or two to the ICO terms, and continue on. Maybe extend the ICO deadline a bit also.

I came here after I went to invent in the ico on bittrex. I saw "Disabled" and thought you had reached your goal already. There is no doubt that the cryptocoin world in general is the most brutal, most critical and harshest group there is. I try to be as kind as I can with my comments, especially to a respected member that has a proven track record. Ive never launched a coin/ipo/ico but I hear its very difficult and add to that, your trying to sell it to the most critical group there is. We have to go back and think why. The answer is simple: Every last one of us has been stolen from, deceived , lied to, and conned. Some worse than others. Its an known fact I lost over $35,000 in BTCD to a keylogger virus planted in the zipcoin wallet. Sometimes though we shoot ourselves in the foot, and vent anger and frustration from something that happend months ago. I think you threw the towel in WAYYY too early. I dont need to tell you when you launch a coin, its gonna attract loads of haters and supporters. This is a BIG dissapointment as this would have been great. Maybe rest a bit and rethink things, and stop listening to the haters, they only wish they could do what you are doing.

Vegas

Hmm.. you know you did an AMAZING job resurecting firecoin. What about a thread with a weekly or monthly poll, on which coin should be resurrected. I can assure you we ALL have LOADS of "locked" coins in wallets that are dead. Now THATS what the cryptocoin world REALLY needs, and you are one of probably a handful of people in the WORLD that can do that! Maybe you would take a percentage of each coin, and people would vote on the next coin, once one project is complete. I would LOVE to see that happen! There are LOADS of sunken titanics with treasures, we just cant get at them.. BUT you can!

Ill give you some ideas of great coins that died before their time : Elite, Blackdoge (doge is back!! Wink, Corecoin, Double Eagle, Vault, X15c, Keycoin (WOW, WHY did this die!?!?), Plutonium (OMG this one was STILL being traded after its death AND going up in price), Riot, Rox, AND OMG how could I forget XXX coin, BIG BIG money, think the wallet still works, but its a car without a driver. People have LOST LOADS in XXX because dev disappeared. I alone have 28,000 worthless coins, but it just needs a dev, and a GOOD one, and price will get sky high. Noblecoin is functional, but can not move further. Its VERY propular with very active community, but dev has promised it will move to POS for the past 6 months, and freely admits he doesnt know how to implement, and is looking to hire an experienced dev. I think if you really did this , there is loads of money, as people have loads "locked up", and their attitude towards you will be different, and a bit more humble. This changes the dynamics, because now YOU have something THEY want.  Some of these may have been resurected, not sure. What im saying is a man with your talents can EASILY get paid, there is LOADS of work, and you will be known as the second coming to raise the dead Wink

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
tom14cat14 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:14:27 PM

I am just curious. It seems like there is a descent amount of support for this coin now. I can tell Bittrex to reopen since refunds have not started. But we would have to get to 100 BTC

Yes, I think you threw in the towel too early. I don't know what they were saying at hashtalk.org (actually, I have never even heard of hashtalk.org), but you should really give it a shot.

I was one of those questioning the structure of the deal (and was hoping you would change it), but I was still going to invest at least a little. I think the idea is solid. Also, you quit just after quiwoman2 (who runs the QBK coin) reached out to you (on this forum). She sounded interested in the concept. That's worth a conversation right there. QBK had its ICO on Poloniex at .0002 and in about a month it is trading at around .00062 (as I write this), plus it has already paid a dividend.

People wait until the last minute. I hated the Craigscoin idea (and definitely did not invest -- thankfully as it was a dud), but nearly all of the BTC came in during the last 48 hours. (That was on Bittrex too)

I say, as best as you can, tweak the details of the ICO to answer your critics and still make you happy. Now, I have no idea what your critics were so upset about at hashtalk.org, so that may not be possible. All I am saying is now that you have some feedback, maybe you would like to make a minor change or two to the ICO terms, and continue on. Maybe extend the ICO deadline a bit also.

I came here after I went to invent in the ico on bittrex. I saw "Disabled" and thought you had reached your goal already. There is no doubt that the cryptocoin world in general is the most brutal, most critical and harshest group there is. I try to be as kind as I can with my comments, especially to a respected member that has a proven track record. Ive never launched a coin/ipo/ico but I hear its very difficult and add to that, your trying to sell it to the most critical group there is. We have to go back and think why. The answer is simple: Every last one of us has been stolen from, deceived , lied to, and conned. Some worse than others. Its an known fact I lost over $35,000 in BTCD to a keylogger virus planted in the zipcoin wallet. Sometimes though we shoot ourselves in the foot, and vent anger and frustration from something that happend months ago. I think you threw the towel in WAYYY too early. I dont need to tell you when you launch a coin, its gonna attract loads of haters and supporters. This is a BIG dissapointment as this would have been great. Maybe rest a bit and rethink things, and stop listening to the haters, they only wish they could do what you are doing.

Vegas

Thank you. I really didnt think i had any supporters. Very little activity in here and low volume so I thoguht I was saving everyone the trouble of selling 20 BTC worth not meeting the terms and then refunding next week.
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:41:10 PM

Thank you for the feedback. GAW was debating pulling their support for it(we still can buy the hashlets) because the people on Hashtalk were threatening to sell their accounts. And said Envy was to big of risk for GAW.

Why would they care -- wouldn't it be a good thing that the firm they were using was getting more customers?

Anyway, regarding your other comment about support, it is always tough to tell nowadays. There are so many coins and not everybody bothers to make a comment. (I almost didn't).

I do think the concept is solid, but must admit I am not an expert on cloud mining. I mean the income goes to zero relatively quickly as the difficulties increase, correct? Or are you mining other things besides BTC? But, my point is that despite those details it is a solid idea in that it has a floor to any losses. So, even if you never come up with another idea for the coin and the coin goes to zero, investors would still get their money back due to the mining within about 3 months. I still think that is a good idea!
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 09:58:58 PM

Thank you for the feedback. GAW was debating pulling their support for it(we still can buy the hashlets) because the people on Hashtalk were threatening to sell their accounts. And said Envy was to big of risk for GAW.

Why would they care -- wouldn't it be a good thing that the firm they were using was getting more customers?

Anyway, regarding your other comment about support, it is always tough to tell nowadays. There are so many coins and not everybody bothers to make a comment. (I almost didn't).

I do think the concept is solid, but must admit I am not an expert on cloud mining. I mean the income goes to zero relatively quickly as the difficulties increase, correct? Or are you mining other things besides BTC? But, my point is that despite those details it is a solid idea in that it has a floor to any losses. So, even if you never come up with another idea for the coin and the coin goes to zero, investors would still get their money back due to the mining within about 3 months. I still think that is a good idea!

The few that really dumped on me are concerned that I will do something they will not like and then everyone will blame GAW.
candlesticks

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:16:42 PM

The few that really dumped on me are concerned that I will do something they will not like and then everyone will blame GAW.

It's unfortunate that there are so many people in the crypto community, that direct blame everywhere except where it should be placed. How on earth could GAW be responsible for other peoples actions? Then again, this first couple pages of this thread proves how many people on bitcointalk are illiterate as well. I'm no whale, but I'll throw down whatever I can scrape up, if you choose to go ahead with this.   

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 10:50:40 PM

It's unfortunate that there are so many people in the crypto community, that direct blame everywhere except where it should be placed. How on earth could GAW be responsible for other peoples actions? Then again, this first couple pages of this thread proves how many people on bitcointalk are illiterate as well. I'm no whale, but I'll throw down whatever I can scrape up, if you choose to go ahead with this.   

Thanks. If I open this back up there is still a chance we do not meet the minimum set with Bitrrex. The terms are 5million Envy minimum. Which is 100 BTC. I thought I was doing everyone a favor by closing it so the BTC were not tied up if we did not meet the minimum. I did not realize that so many people would wait until the end. I have not followed other ICO’s because I was busy working on my coins.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 11:22:36 PM

I came here to check on things after seeing the delist warning on Bittrex as well.  I often keep pretty quiet but as you know have been watching since you launched, actual since before you launched.  Have definitely been interested but as I suspect most......have been waiting till towards the end of ICO to get in, really just in case something like this came up.  I think MOST would wait till towards the end of the ICO to make a decision.

I think the way you set the ICO up ensures that most will wait till towards the end!!  This is why I asked and confirmed with you that the price was gonna be the same all the way through, if you had not replied with a yes, I would have bought in immediately to ensure the cheapest price......but really only because you have PROVEN to me to be a straight shooter!!  Since there was no need for me to buy in at a cheaper price, waiting till the end of the ICO provided no repercussions so it only made sense to just wait and see how things unfold.

Whether you pull this back up or put your attention completely on Fire.......you got my support brother, it may not be much but what I can......you will have:-)

Sorry for your losses with what you have invested in this if you decide to pull the plug!!
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:18:03 AM

I am going to have Bittrex open the ICO back up. I will let the community decide with voting with their money. Remember the terms still require 5 Million Envy be sold. I will also work on putting new info out about what cloud mining products will be bought. It will be a variety of Hashlets and other cloud mining. I am talk to LTC gear right now. Feel free to post any other cloud miners that have a good rep. (I know it is relative)
kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 12:26:24 AM

edit read that problem is different.

disregard my post

good luck

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 12:29:37 AM

edit read that problem is different.

disregard my post

good luck

Thanks. If anything this should show people I am not a scammer I am concerned for their money. I thought I was doing everyone a favor to get them their BTC back right away since it looked like no one wanted it.
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:05:25 AM

Tom14cat14 you rock! Thank you for opening it back up. Once people realize what you have here, there will be a influx of buyers, maybe too late, but it WILL happen. Thanks again.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

Tom14cat14 you rock! Thank you for opening it back up. Once people realize what you have here, there will be a influx of buyers, maybe too late, but it WILL happen. Thanks again.

I hope you are right. You can ask Richie from bittrex. I am guessing he will tell you how I am trying to do what is in the best interest of all the investors. My money is gone whether this works or fails. I want to make sure investors get their money’s worth.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:24:03 AM

I predict much being bought towards the end, think all will be good:-)
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:26:31 AM

Oh shit.......I just noticed I made it to senior level Cool
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:36:04 AM

Well congrats on that. And to your other post I hope so. I see so many ICO coins say they will start to work on xyz technology after they get the money. They say it could take a while to develop so that whole time people will have a coins value purely based on what they hope to bring in the future. There will of course be that with envy since it is traded but there will also be a set value that is based on the income the miners will make.
mafort1469

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:44:20 AM

Well congrats on that. And to your other post I hope so. I see so many ICO coins say they will start to work on xyz technology after they get the money. They say it could take a while to develop so that whole time people will have a coins value purely based on what they hope to bring in the future. There will of course be that with envy since it is traded but there will also be a set value that is based on the income the miners will make.

Hey tom, do you know when bittrex will resume? I am gathering btc so I can purchase more. Thanks.
lolilo

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:49:31 AM

I am going to have Bittrex open the ICO back up. I will let the community decide with voting with their money. Remember the terms still require 5 Million Envy be sold. I will also work on putting new info out about what cloud mining products will be bought. It will be a variety of Hashlets and other cloud mining. I am talk to LTC gear right now. Feel free to post any other cloud miners that have a good rep. (I know it is relative)

Tom14cat14 you sound like a decent guy. After bittrex will resume I will buy some ENVY Smiley!
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:54:36 AM

Tom14cat14 you sound like a decent guy. After bittrex will resume I will buy some ENVY Smiley!

Thank you. Glad to have you. They told me they will get it as soon as they can.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:55:36 AM

Hey tom, do you know when bittrex will resume? I am gathering btc so I can purchase more. Thanks.

Richie is the only one there right now so he said he we try to get to it as soon as he can.
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:04:55 AM

Richie is the only one there right now so he said he we try to get to it as soon as he can.

Hey guys,

We had to cancel everything and now we're putting things back in place.  To do this we have to perform a full audit on the system.  I expect we will be back up and running no later than 9pm PDT.  I'm trying to get it done earlier.  I apologize for the delay.

Thanks,
richie@bittrex

FWIW, i'm glad to see this get back on track Wink

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: