Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I reopen the ICO?
YES - 11 (84.6%)
NO - 2 (15.4%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ENVY] Envy Coin | ICO closed - Did not meet Min BTC Refund will start soon  (Read 43529 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:43:38 PM

What about my history? I took over Firecoin on July 19th after the previous developer dumped the coins and then left the coin for dead. If you have ever taken over a dead coin or been a part of one it is darn near impossible to get new people interested. We are coming up on 3 months later I am still there and we have picked up volume from when I took it over. Yes it is still very low but it is still kicking. Ask those members what they think about the job I have done with Firecoin.

Tradercoin I launched it telling everyone from the beginning that it was an experiment. My belief is that most crypto currencies are the exact opposite of what they claim they want. They all talk about being decentralized but yet all revolve around 1 developer or development team. If they leave the coin dies. That is more centralization than most Fiat currencies. So I launched it saying I would not further develop unless community members pitched in and helped develop the coin. I was open and honest the whole time. The majority of the community did nothing. They wanted me to make them money and that was it. So it showed me a lot of people only want a developer to make them money. So that is what the plan is here. There is no way around it, this is a centralized coin. It will revolve around my team and what we can do for it. But I fully believe that of you invest you will make your money back as long as you do not sell right away for a loss.

wanna invest as i could make something but dev history is putting me off

So here's another question: If one day you feel that the project is going nowhere and decide to drop the ball, what will happen to the cloud mining shares?

If I want to drop the project I will discuss it here. If someone is willing to take it over I would turn it over to that developer. Obviously we will need to vet the person taking it over. If no one is willing to take it over I would sell everything and return those fund to coins holders.

Now with that said I do not see that happening anytime soon. I am still there at Fire. So as long as we meet the 100 BTC min this coin will be live and I do not take my responsibilities lightly.

OK- So you will treat the coin holders as stock holders then. I'm glad to hear that and thanks for everything.
tom14cat14 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:00:53 PM

What about my history? I took over Firecoin on July 19th after the previous developer dumped the coins and then left the coin for dead. If you have ever taken over a dead coin or been a part of one it is darn near impossible to get new people interested. We are coming up on 3 months later I am still there and we have picked up volume from when I took it over. Yes it is still very low but it is still kicking. Ask those members what they think about the job I have done with Firecoin.

Tradercoin I launched it telling everyone from the beginning that it was an experiment. My belief is that most crypto currencies are the exact opposite of what they claim they want. They all talk about being decentralized but yet all revolve around 1 developer or development team. If they leave the coin dies. That is more centralization than most Fiat currencies. So I launched it saying I would not further develop unless community members pitched in and helped develop the coin. I was open and honest the whole time. The majority of the community did nothing. They wanted me to make them money and that was it. So it showed me a lot of people only want a developer to make them money. So that is what the plan is here. There is no way around it, this is a centralized coin. It will revolve around my team and what we can do for it. But I fully believe that of you invest you will make your money back as long as you do not sell right away for a loss.

So here's another question: If one day you feel that the project is going nowhere and decide to drop the ball, what will happen to the cloud mining shares?

If I want to drop the project I will discuss it here. If someone is willing to take it over I would turn it over to that developer. Obviously we will need to vet the person taking it over. If no one is willing to take it over I would sell everything and return those fund to coins holders.

Now with that said I do not see that happening anytime soon. I am still there at Fire. So as long as we meet the 100 BTC min this coin will be live and I do not take my responsibilities lightly.

OK- So you will treat the coin holders as stock holders then. I'm glad to hear that and thanks for everything.

No problem. Yes I will treat them as stock holders. I view crypto currencies as just more than a currency. They are a currency because you can use them to buy things. But they are also like stocks because people generally want the value to go up and want the developer to continuously innovative and advance the coin forward. This is more like a company. I want them tied together with ENVY. I want it to be used as a successful currency where you can buy anything you want but I also want it to be like a successful business returning the maximum amount of profit back to the holders.
Just so everyone is clear these are all my personal beliefs. Earlz will have to speak for himself on something like this. That is why I used I instead of we. (Of course I do sometimes when it is official Envy stuff)
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:08:16 PM

No problem. Yes I will treat them as stock holders. I view crypto currencies as just more than a currency. They are a currency because you can use them to buy things. But they are also like stocks because people generally want the value to go up and want the developer to continuously innovative and advance the coin forward. This is more like a company. I want them tied together with ENVY. I want it to be used as a successful currency where you can buy anything you want but I also want it to be like a successful business returning the maximum amount of profit back to the holders.
Just so everyone is clear these are all my personal beliefs. Earlz will have to speak for himself on something like this. That is why I used I instead of we. (Of course I do sometimes when it is official Envy stuff)

OK, I think this will be my last question for today  Smiley Is there a concern with FinCEN and SEC or have you prepared for that since this will dabble into both realms?
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:30:22 PM

OK, I think this will be my last question for today  Smiley Is there a concern with FinCEN and SEC or have you prepared for that since this will dabble into both realms?

We are still a crypto currency we are just taking a different mindset to it. Until crypto's are classified as stock and these are classified as divided we fall under the same rules as all crypto. We are not setting it up as a business I am just going to do what a CEO would do for their stock holders. Maximize profit. From the way it was explained to me (family member is lawyer but not involved in crypto but took a look).  With an ICO (or any trading on the exchanges) you really trading one property for another. As far as they could tell crypto is like if you traded your TV for a XBOX. We are just trading out goods with each other. If this is ever change (They assume it will) there will be a lot of things that have to change in the industry. There are so many regulations the exchanges and those who use them would have to abide by. They of course said this was not official legal advice because they are not involved in crypto law. But by taking a look at things as far as they could see from a lawyers point of view we are still fine. So take what you will from that. What I took was that we are still the Wild West. I could say I am paying you dividends but we are technically not consider able to pay dividends. You guys are giving me your TV and I will be giving you guys an XBOX and then an Xbox game every week. Now of course replace that property with crypto property.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:32:50 PM

PS. Brian if you have heard different please let me know. And I will look into it. Because Like I said they are not involved in crypto law. I am not sure what they looked at and if they looked enough into it. But what they told me made sense according to what I know about crypto and the way the Government perceives it.
forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:34:41 PM

Amazing, it seems people like hype more than facts. Here is a dev just saying it straight out, no bullshite, and BTC is trickling in.
Other devs have used heavy marketing and hype, and everyone jumps in. THIS dev is stating his business model is to be a coin CEO
and make the best returns on your investment. I believe he can deliver, hope enough investors agree and put up the BTC for Envy  Tongue

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:46:07 PM

I know there is a lot of concern that this is just buying shares in a cloud miner so why would you not just go buy them yourself?

I know a lot of this is because we have focused so much on the profit share program. The reason for this is this is a new concept for most people and the whole reason we need ICO funds. Remember if you have Hashlets or other cloud miners you will never be able to buy a product with those. We fully plan to make it so you can buy products with Envy. For those who are concerned it is just buying shares of a cloud miner I ask you to think about what if DOGE or some other crypto would do this on a similar scale to their size? Would people be more likely to hold DOGE if they were paid a certain amount of satoshi’s to hold it? The only way you could make this purchase would be if people donated the money or people invest in the new idea. Since I do not believe people will just donate to this project we need investors. The investor is going to want to be rewarded for taking their risk. They will receive their coins as compensation for the risk. These coins will have more features then just profit share but the whole reason we need the fund is because we need to fund the purchase of income providing assets on a large enough scale to make a difference.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:47:24 PM

PS. Brian if you have heard different please let me know. And I will look into it. Because Like I said they are not involved in crypto law. I am not sure what they looked at and if they looked enough into it. But what they told me made sense according to what I know about crypto and the way the Government perceives it.

It's a gray area and I've been looking into it and gotten a lot of mixed opinions and just don't want to stir any waves. Smiley I know coinpayments.net sold to a Canadian company because they didn't want to deal with FinCEN but then for Envy you're not doing the same thing.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:58:29 PM

Amazing, it seems people like hype more than facts. Here is a dev just saying it straight out, no bullshite, and BTC is trickling in.
Other devs have used heavy marketing and hype, and everyone jumps in. THIS dev is stating his business model is to be a coin CEO
and make the best returns on your investment. I believe he can deliver, hope enough investors agree and put up the BTC for Envy  Tongue

I know I am amazed by this too. I have seen other coins that have sold over 1000 BTC and will take much longer to deliver anything.
I will say that maybe a lot of this is my fault, selling is not my strong suit. I do not sugar coat things and I am brutally honest. I believe you should know exactly what you are getting into. Yes things change but as of right now I will tell you exactly what I expect from this project and what is planned. I am more of a numbers guy. I like to figure out if things are a good buy and how to make these numbers better. Maybe this is why BTC is not flying into ENVY. Maybe I have not been able to get the point across that this is still a coin like any other coin. Our biggest feature will be active shortly after the ICO is complete. We needed this to be a large enough ICO that we can make this a self-sustaining profit share. With the reinvestment we can stay ahead of difficulty. But the lower the BTC sold in the ICO the harder it will be to keep up. If we sold out we would be increasing our payout by roughly .012 BTC per day to start with.

tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:12:16 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 05:31:28 PM by tom14cat14

I just ran numbers for how much each coin will earn per day. I have a new buy rate that they think they can give me. Each coin will earn 18 sat per day at current rates. This is just using Hahslets. If I am able to get some LTC Gear the profit it higher on those right now. So we could improve this. This will mean you could hold your coin for 111 day and not sell any coins and your ICO will be paid for. This should seriously deter people from selling for less than 2000 sat. Then you add the fact that we will be developing the coin so it is not just about profit share the price should go much higher. At this rate your rate of return will be 328% per year. Of course rates will change with time but if we are able to sell the majority of the ICO we will be able to have some protection as mining difficulty goes up.
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:16:52 PM

As stated more than once above, this is a case of a dev team being extremely open and honest with everyone right from the start. All questions are answered, including the tough ones. A clear and concise plan is laid out, and explained in minute detail. A truly asset-backed currency. This differs from almost all prior ICO/IPO in many ways. All of them positive in my opinion. If you want to effect change in the ICO/IPO landscape then support this one. Spread the word to friends, acquaintances, and strangers. Help it gain traction and complete successfully. Start putting an end to the nothing but hype and promises ICO that just dump and run once complete.

Invest in Envy.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 06:33:39 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2014, 06:55:44 PM by brian_nguyen

As stated more than once above, this is a case of a dev team being extremely open and honest with everyone right from the start. All questions are answered, including the tough ones. A clear and concise plan is laid out, and explained in minute detail. A truly asset-backed currency. This differs from almost all prior ICO/IPO in many ways. All of them positive in my opinion. If you want to effect change in the ICO/IPO landscape then support this one. Spread the word to friends, acquaintances, and strangers. Help it gain traction and complete successfully. Start putting an end to the nothing but hype and promises ICO that just dump and run once complete.

Invest in Envy.

What's with the !@+@!$!&@*^#%#!@ low buy orders? Anyway, just to help out and showing my support. I'm not holding until the last minute, see you guys at the end of ICO. Cheers!
EPayDev

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:57:50 PM

wow, big IPO, gl!
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 08:58:44 PM

I think it just needs more exposure. I wonder what it costs to get that "sponsored page" on top of bittrex. I Still say it would grab more attention with the name "cloud mining coin", just my opinion. I saw envy on altcoinherald and was board , scouting for a new coin, otherwise I would never have looked at it, but I certainly would if it was called "cloud mining coin". Just my 2 cents, well actually .5 BTC, Ill buy more soon.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:10:31 PM

wow, big IPO, gl!

Yes it is. But we need it to be a big IPO to have the effect we want.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:13:51 PM

I think it just needs more exposure. I wonder what it costs to get that "sponsored page" on top of bittrex. I Still say it would grab more attention with the name "cloud mining coin", just my opinion. I saw envy on altcoinherald and was board , scouting for a new coin, otherwise I would never have looked at it, but I certainly would if it was called "cloud mining coin". Just my 2 cents, well actually .5 BTC, Ill buy more soon.

Vegas

We are on the spotlight of bittrex. That is what part of the 5 BTC down deposit they charge is for. I had a page of names and gave it to crypto and non crypto people and told them to pick 3. Envy was the only one that was in everyone's top 3. I want to make sure this is not just a cloud mining coin where people only think you are buy a portion of shares for cloud miners. They are just a means to an end. The end goal is for this to be a stable crypto currency that is accepted by all major merchants.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:18:02 AM

Just under 3 days. Let me know if any of your guys on the sideline have any questions.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:30:14 AM

Just under 3 days. Let me know if any of your guys on the sideline have any questions.

You've answered all my questions and I went all in today. Don't hold out people if you want to be part of it.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:35:52 AM

You've answered all my questions and I went all in today. Don't hold out people if you want to be part of it.

Yes it has felt like just the two of us.
travis72682

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 02:07:34 AM

Looks like you have put some serious thought to it. I wish you the best, but im one of those people that doesnt think gaw can continue to pay like they started off paying in the long run.  That being said, most coins are backed by nothing at all so maybe I will pick up a couple thousand lol.

Free coins for doing nothing https://qoinpro.com/d45ca89a36b0bfdd29925ca28760ef53
gimme free btc Tongue  :  14DsWStNquSGgJtekxd3CXZvnTsyLmGxeT
http://ribbit.me/?ref=mYUbs6r4OB  free coins or something
pimpcash:  PE4QF7MrgY6gvBuAiwFq2ckHyb7m2utTcF
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: