Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:05:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN][UTIL] UtilityCoin - x13 POS - Large Update - 10/30 - Advancing Privacy  (Read 121533 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
friendfromnobody

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:43:51 PM

lol he is very busy in other threats
panic
and i dont understand the xc people.
some are realy mad.
they realy think they own Dan
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:59:56 PM

Dan is dealing with a lot of issues regarding the ..louder fud community. He often struggles a bit with the frustration this creates. He will be here shortly to address the situation. The blocknet is a team, and the assistance of blocknet and it's members on a coin in need of their attention should not be something frowned upon. However it can be frustrating at times when people with other agenda's try to spin each positive to a negative. I can assure you that an agreement for this assistance has been made, and it will be put in to action on this coin and it's development processes.

Maybe if you didn't misrepresent Dan's role in utility there wouldn't be any situation to address. You said he's taken on "full developmental responsibility" for utility which he's denied.
friendfromnobody

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:05:05 AM

this is realy funny ,i switch from threat to threat lol
its looks like a comic without the pictures
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:06:13 AM

Dan is dealing with a lot of issues regarding the ..louder fud community. He often struggles a bit with the frustration this creates. He will be here shortly to address the situation. The blocknet is a team, and the assistance of blocknet and it's members on a coin in need of their attention should not be something frowned upon. However it can be frustrating at times when people with other agenda's try to spin each positive to a negative. I can assure you that an agreement for this assistance has been made, and it will be put in to action on this coin and it's development processes.

absolutely valid point "The blocknet is a team, and the assistance of blocknet and it's members on a coin in need of their attention should not be something frowned upon". Problem is just that Dan Metcalf now acts a little bit like you exaggerated with respect to his role here.
Thx for the quick response.

I think people also made some crass assumptions based on utilitycoin's post.

Dan has agreed to take 'full developmental responsibility' said the post. Some folks in the XC thread seem to have assumed that this means Dan will be the core developer putting in a ton of hours coding away all by himself.

Thus, I don't think that Dan has necessarily acted like utilitycoin has exaggerated, but that people are misunderstanding what 'full developmental responsibility' means. To me, and I think to Dan, this means that he has agreed to manage/oversee the development of UTIL - to take responsibility for its development - meaning he will use his connections and resources to find developers to complete tasks that need to be done, overseeing development and contributing insight when necessary.

Basically, what I see, is that Dan knows UTIL brings important features to BlockNET and that he refuses to let it die and plans to pull some developers together to get this show back on track.

Maybe if you didn't misrepresent Dan's role in utility there wouldn't be any situation to address. You said he's taken on "full developmental responsibility" for utility which he's denied.

And my point is proven. You are making 'full developmental responsibility' out to be something that it is not.

It means he is responsible for its development. Does this mean he has to develop everything himself? Absolutely not. It just means he's responsible for making sure it gets developed properly.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
ib88

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:15:27 AM

absolutely valid point "The blocknet is a team, and the assistance of blocknet and it's members on a coin in need of their attention should not be something frowned upon". Problem is just that Dan Metcalf now acts a little bit like you exaggerated with respect to his role here.
Thx for the quick response.

I think people also made some crass assumptions based on utilitycoin's post.

Dan has agreed to take 'full developmental responsibility' said the post. Some folks in the XC thread seem to have assumed that this means Dan will be the core developer putting in a ton of hours coding away all by himself.

Thus, I don't think that Dan has necessarily acted like utilitycoin has exaggerated, but that people are misunderstanding what 'full developmental responsibility' means. To me, and I think to Dan, this means that he has agreed to manage/oversee the development of UTIL - to take responsibility for its development - meaning he will use his connections and resources to find developers to complete tasks that need to be done, overseeing development and contributing insight when necessary.

Basically, what I see, is that Dan knows UTIL brings important features to BlockNET and that he refuses to let it die and plans to pull some developers together to get this show back on track.

And my point is proven. You are making 'full developmental responsibility' out to be something that it is not.

It means he is responsible for its development. Does this mean he has to develop everything himself? Absolutely not. It just means he's responsible for making sure it gets developed properly.

Then he should've crosschecked it with Dan first. Simple as. As it happens, mr utility coin here posted some major news about Dan without even getting his permission first. It's quite easy to misinterpret what was announced here. I'm not the only one, I've counted many others in the XC and Blocknet thread who interpreted it a different way.
utilitycoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:32:48 AM

Actually, it was cross checked with Dan, and permission was indeed granted.
utilitycoin (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:45:35 AM

I've checked in to all the stuff floating around on other threads. Dan and team are not going to be coding away for hours on this project, there are a few rather small things that need to be finalized with the project for it to move forward. We had a developer situation and we were in urgent need of some assistance. He has stepped up to the plate and taken this responsibility on.

Sorry for the confusion.
blackbird307

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:51:47 AM

Dan Metcalf!  Grin Grin

xcom

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:03:13 AM

I've checked in to all the stuff floating around on other threads. Dan and team are not going to be coding away for hours on this project, there are a few rather small things that need to be finalized with the project for it to move forward. We had a developer situation and we were in urgent need of some assistance. He has stepped up to the plate and taken this responsibility on.

Sorry for the confusion.

Finally some good news  Smiley
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:17:22 PM

Sorry for the confusion.

That is marvelous!!!
ib88

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:21:04 PM

As Dan is involved in development for utility, is there anything stopping him implementing whatever innovative technology he contributes to utility into his own coin XC?

disclosure: my interests lie in XC and blocknet and just trying to clarify how Dan's involvement could potentially benefit XC. Not fudding as so many people like to misconstrue. I asked the same question in XC thread but was told to ask it here as it apparently wasn't relevant to XC.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 04:53:02 PM

As Dan is involved in development for utility, is there anything stopping him implementing whatever innovative technology he contributes to utility into his own coin XC?

disclosure: my interests lie in XC and blocknet and just trying to clarify how Dan's involvement could potentially benefit XC. Not fudding as so many people like to misconstrue. I asked the same question in XC thread but was told to ask it here as it apparently wasn't relevant to XC.

I already explained this yesterday.

Dan taking responsibility for UTIL has everything to do with ensuring the success of BlockNET.

And in order for BlockNET to function as intended, features need to be spread out across several different blockchains/coins.

Thus, there is no incentive to consolidate features into one blockchain/coin.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
ib88

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 06:33:00 PM by ib88

Dan taking responsibility for UTIL has everything to do with ensuring the success of BlockNET.

And in order for BlockNET to function as intended, features need to be spread out across several different blockchains/coins.

You're assuming that Blocknet will be a success. I, myself, am invested in Blocknet but am fully aware that there's no guarantees it will be a success. The success of each coin is also independent of the blocknet; for example, if the Blocknet doesn't come to fruition and each coin has it's own independent blockchain that isn't linked to each other, can Dan implement utility's technology into XC?

I appreciate you're feedback infinitechaos but would also like official utility coin team members to comment.
spoogemcduck

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:04:06 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/popcorn-gifs/tumblr_m6t3qkMelV1raprzuo2_100.gif
friendfromnobody

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:48:20 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 06:20:36 PM by friendfromnobody

You're assuming that Blocknet will be a success. I, myself, am invested in Blocknet but am fully aware that there's no guarantees it will be a success. The success of each coin is also independent of the blocknet; for example, if the Blocknet doesn't come to fruition and each coin has it's own independent blockchain that isn't linked to each other, can Dan implement utilities technology into XC?

I appreciate you're feedback infinitechaos but would also like official utility coin team members to comment.

if block was 50 k you did not say am fully aware that there no guarantees it willl be a succes.
you say invest ,so you need to wait and not crying 3 days after a release.

and go to the block threat ,dan is there
ib88

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:52:27 PM

You're assuming that Blocknet will be a success. I, myself, am invested in Blocknet but am fully aware that there's no guarantees it will be a success. The success of each coin is also independent of the blocknet; for example, if the Blocknet doesn't come to fruition and each coin has it's own independent blockchain that isn't linked to each other, can Dan implement utilities technology into XC?

if block was 50 k you did not say am fully aware that there no guarantees it willl be a succes.
you say invest ,so you need to wait and not crying 3 days after a release.

What? That has nothing to do with the question I asked.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 07:40:31 PM

Pump is coming! Follow the whales! Volume suddenly spikes then alls quiet.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:31:11 PM

The truth is that this coin is cheap now.

I know why your pray will never be answered!
cryptoFRED

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:28:38 AM

hehe.
really good time to pump. chart looks better and better. a little buy support show up
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 08:30:27 AM

I don't think there's going to be another pump though, why should they?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: