Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 29116 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:00:59 PM

Bitfury... I am guessing is a solid buy for wholesale. Anyone ask or inquire about Bitfury wholesale care to comment?

For wholesale inquiries: sales@bitfury.org

So, this guide should it be for those looking for wholesale opportunities as well?

I guess it does.

I suspect in about 2 or 3 months that wholesale will be the only kind of opportunities available to buy equipment.

I also suspect that this hardware section has already become irrelevant.

20Mw in 30 days in Georgia from Bitfury.

Anyone else still playing with Th/s and not Ph/s numbers should just give up and buy BTC and hold right?

[Delisted Thumbs Up]
Removed Thumbs Up Companies for Lack of Shipping (30 days without a post or units shipped)

Nano Fury Project USB miner Last Post September 23, 2014

Although I'm not exactly happy that I'm no longer in the "thumbs up" category I think being in that new category is a fair status. Or if you decide to add a new category - something like "Retired Projects" or "Projects no longer in development" - you can move the NanoFury one there.

And thanks for keeping that list up to date!

I think retired projects is best. As there are going to be more and more defunct bankrupt or retired projects as we move forward.

Looking at these updates:

BTC Garden... bankrupt or closed shop?
Bitfury no longer sells product?
Asicminer no longer producing / selling?

Comments welcome.

Somethings will be different in 2015.

Bitfury only sells farms for mucho dinero..........  Roll Eyes

http://www.bitfury.org/products

Don't see a buy it now button do we.......  Roll Eyes

I thought ASICminer had another chip already for the next gen  Huh

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:54:43 PM

FYI I thought I would correct the AMT entry where it states no longer shipping units. It should read no longer shipping to US customers. In the chats "Joshua fat fuck Zipkin" Plainly states he will sell only outside of the US, as retaliation for the lawsuit.

As for new info, he is apparently living in Bulgaria as has been stated before. He is hiding out there due to the interest law enforcement has in charging him. Most of them local in state municipalities.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:16:20 PM

FYI I thought I would correct the AMT entry where it states no longer shipping units. It should read no longer shipping to US customers. In the chats "Joshua fat fuck Zipkin" Plainly states he will sell only outside of the US, as retaliation for the lawsuit.

As for new info, he is apparently living in Bulgaria as has been stated before. He is hiding out there due to the interest law enforcement has in charging him. Most of them local in state municipalities.

Any evidence he is selling these miners to anyone in Europe?

If not then no need to bother changing the rating. I don't see any evidence that he is currently selling anything other than a few bullshit responses using an alias in these forums to back his buddy Marto at Technobit.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:43:37 PM

If not then no need to bother changing the rating. I don't see any evidence that he is currently selling anything other than a few bullshit responses using an alias in these forums to back his buddy Marto at Technobit.

I'll pull the info directly from the chats. The fact that the page is still up and one can order miners should also be a red flag that he is still out there scamming.

Here is the excerpt from the chat in my sig (back when he was actually reachable) Timestamped for convinence this should cover it:

[8/6/2014 2:14:56 PM] Opeium2: Which hardware are you moving
[8/6/2014 2:15:06 PM] Joshua: extra hardware
[8/6/2014 2:15:16 PM] Joshua: created fromthe extra chips webought
[8/6/2014 2:15:21 PM] Joshua: so we shipped everyones shit
[8/6/2014 2:15:32 PM] Joshua: and we have some extra hardware that we're selling
[8/6/2014 2:15:54 PM] Joshua: and we've designed theminers ive mentioned and we'll try and start
taking orders forthose on a per build basis
[8/6/2014 2:15:59 PM] Joshua: thats about it
[8/6/2014 2:16:20 PM] Joshua: and focus on a 5 megawatt farm financed by chinese investors
located in bg
[8/6/2014 2:16:22 PM] Opeium2: Whats the turn around really on any new builds?
[8/6/2014 2:16:29 PM] Joshua: 7 days
[8/6/2014 2:16:35 PM] Joshua: on new builds

Some more:
[8/6/2014 2:20:54 PM] Joshua: its wont matter
[8/6/2014 2:21:15 PM] Joshua: im not worried about selling
[8/6/2014 2:21:28 PM] Joshua: i just want these fuckers to shut upalready
[8/6/2014 2:21:33 PM] Opeium2: They wont
[8/6/2014 2:21:39 PM] Opeium2: not until all of this is over with
[8/6/2014 2:21:40 PM] Joshua: im just going to piss them off even more
[8/6/2014 2:21:44 PM] Joshua: even when it is
[8/6/2014 2:21:48 PM] Joshua: they still wont shut up
[8/6/2014 2:21:54 PM] Joshua: because they'll loose the lawysuit
[8/6/2014 2:21:57 PM] Joshua: and feel even more fucked

And some more evidence.

[8/14/2014 11:33:29 AM] Opeium2: That reminds me I was just wondering. I know you mentioned
you have no people...but what happened to your partners? Jim Brown. I saw mention of them and it
got me wondering about that? where are they in all this?
[8/14/2014 11:33:49 AM] Opeium2: I mean if they got a financial stake in this I would imagine they
would be doing more here to help you out
[8/14/2014 11:33:57 AM] Josh: not much
[8/14/2014 11:34:53 AM] Josh: what financial stake? in the debt?
[8/14/2014 11:35:05 AM] Josh: its not like we have dividends to hand out
[8/14/2014 11:36:16 AM] Josh: Jim does the backend, financials and thats about it. He basically
checked out after the case was filed. Hes still on board but just doesnt want to deal with clients or
sales.
[8/14/2014 11:36:41 AM] Josh: Alyssa does the accounts but she got another part time job because
we couldnt afford keep her on full time
[8/14/2014 11:37:21 AM] Josh: we basically let everyone in the US accept for a few part times girls
which hang out around the office for next to nothing
[8/14/2014 11:37:42 AM] Josh: and outsourced the office bg, and we focus on EU and Asian sales
via EU and Asian incorporated companies.
[8/14/2014 11:38:17 AM] Josh: cant do much with little funding and dont want to sell to the US
driectly until this crap is all over

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:40:49 AM

I'll pull the info directly from the chats. The fact that the page is still up and one can order miners should also be a red flag that he is still out there scamming.

Here is the excerpt from the chat in my sig (back when he was actually reachable) Timestamped for convinence this should cover it:

[8/6/2014 2:14:56 PM] Opeium2: Which hardware are you moving
[8/6/2014 2:15:06 PM] Joshua: extra hardware
[8/6/2014 2:15:16 PM] Joshua: created fromthe extra chips webought
[8/6/2014 2:15:21 PM] Joshua: so we shipped everyones shit
[8/6/2014 2:15:32 PM] Joshua: and we have some extra hardware that we're selling
[8/6/2014 2:15:54 PM] Joshua: and we've designed theminers ive mentioned and we'll try and start
taking orders forthose on a per build basis
[8/6/2014 2:15:59 PM] Joshua: thats about it
[8/6/2014 2:16:20 PM] Joshua: and focus on a 5 megawatt farm financed by chinese investors
located in bg
[8/6/2014 2:16:22 PM] Opeium2: Whats the turn around really on any new builds?
[8/6/2014 2:16:29 PM] Joshua: 7 days
[8/6/2014 2:16:35 PM] Joshua: on new builds

Some more:
[8/6/2014 2:20:54 PM] Joshua: its wont matter
[8/6/2014 2:21:15 PM] Joshua: im not worried about selling
[8/6/2014 2:21:28 PM] Joshua: i just want these fuckers to shut upalready
[8/6/2014 2:21:33 PM] Opeium2: They wont
[8/6/2014 2:21:39 PM] Opeium2: not until all of this is over with
[8/6/2014 2:21:40 PM] Joshua: im just going to piss them off even more
[8/6/2014 2:21:44 PM] Joshua: even when it is
[8/6/2014 2:21:48 PM] Joshua: they still wont shut up
[8/6/2014 2:21:54 PM] Joshua: because they'll loose the lawysuit
[8/6/2014 2:21:57 PM] Joshua: and feel even more fucked

And some more evidence.

[8/14/2014 11:33:29 AM] Opeium2: That reminds me I was just wondering. I know you mentioned
you have no people...but what happened to your partners? Jim Brown. I saw mention of them and it
got me wondering about that? where are they in all this?
[8/14/2014 11:33:49 AM] Opeium2: I mean if they got a financial stake in this I would imagine they
would be doing more here to help you out
[8/14/2014 11:33:57 AM] Josh: not much
[8/14/2014 11:34:53 AM] Josh: what financial stake? in the debt?
[8/14/2014 11:35:05 AM] Josh: its not like we have dividends to hand out
[8/14/2014 11:36:16 AM] Josh: Jim does the backend, financials and thats about it. He basically
checked out after the case was filed. Hes still on board but just doesnt want to deal with clients or
sales.
[8/14/2014 11:36:41 AM] Josh: Alyssa does the accounts but she got another part time job because
we couldnt afford keep her on full time
[8/14/2014 11:37:21 AM] Josh: we basically let everyone in the US accept for a few part times girls
which hang out around the office for next to nothing
[8/14/2014 11:37:42 AM] Josh: and outsourced the office bg, and we focus on EU and Asian sales
via EU and Asian incorporated companies.
[8/14/2014 11:38:17 AM] Josh: cant do much with little funding and dont want to sell to the US
driectly until this crap is all over

Customer reports of orders?

None.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 09:19:30 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 09:44:14 AM by Bicknellski

Is Bitfury selling to anyone?

Seems here is some information that makes it look like Bitfury is no longer in the marketplace selling wholesale. Seems like there is a lot of slack in the Bitfury wholesale sales market I have not read anyone buying Bitfury in a long while. Anyone else seen any Bitfury wholesale news anywhere?

DigitalBTC Inks Deal With Spondoolies-Tech to Expand Mining Operation.
by Nermin Hajdarbegovic | Published on January 23, 2015 at 13:24 GMT

Australian bitcoin company digitalBTC is expanding its mining capacity and entering a new contract with data centre provider Verne Global.

The company said it is acquiring new bitcoin mining hardware from manufacturer Spondoolies-Tech, although the exact details were not revealed.

DigitalBTC did say, however, that the new hardware will expand its processing capacity by approximately 40% for a “small outlay” of about $700,000. When it launched in early 2014, digitalBTC relied on BitFury mining hardware.

The Verne Global contract will allow digitalBTC to reduce its power costs by approximately 20% across half of its power commitment. Verne Global is already working with digitalBTC, hosting mining hardware at its data centre campus in Iceland, which is powered by geothermal energy.

DigitalBTC CEO Zhenya Tsvetnenko said the new contract will help the company reduce operating costs and increase efficiency.

The company's focus will be on developing new software solutions such as digital X Mintsy, but legacy mining operations will continue to be updated, he added.

Sidestepping the consumer market

Another subject broached was the company's emphasis on the B2B market, a decision that has proved advantageous for BitFury, as it has largely avoided the negative public scrutiny given to its competitors.

Though he credits the move only to a "feeling" about the market, Vavilov is more specific about the problems BitFury has avoided with this decision.

He said:

"We decided to not deal with small clients, because it's a headache. We would need a big support team to support all these clients. When you're dealing with big clients, he's paying hundreds of thousands of dollars, but the headache you're getting from small clients can be much bigger, because for him $5 is like the last money."

Vavilov said that when looking at this scenario, he determined it would be better to spend energy on developing strong equipment instead of customer service. In addition, he cited the lack of awareness among consumers of the full risks of their investment.

"It is much easier to work with larger clients with whom you have established a win-win relationship," he added.

A native of Latvia and a long-time resident of Ukraine, Vavilov said that BitFury began making chips 2012, but that before this, he and his team had only experimented with CPUs and video cards. The chip won reviews from the bitcoin community, even as the company drew notice for then being run by unknown individuals.

"It's still the most efficient chip in the market, if we're talking about six-year-old technology," he boasted.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:59:05 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2015, 11:16:25 AM by Bicknellski

Notice.

We will strive to update the thread weekly with screen captures and links to news and posts in the forums here that are important to the maintenance of the thread.

It looks as we move forward there are fewer and fewer companies to monitor and still fewer new companies entering the marketplace.

Most companies are now moving to the B2B model as they close down or limit their exposure to the consumer market.

We have updated the original rating post and we will post screen captures and news directly to the update post.

As mining matures the need for consumer protection or threads like these becomes less and less meaningful as the market has already changed away from the small time forum readers to business size entities.

At some point in 2015 it is clear the consumer market will be completely dead if it is not already. We will have to start following news reports instead of threads in this section of the forum for information.

IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:16:42 AM

Feast your eyes on this:

Today it's a nice surprise that I ordered arrived miner HEX4M from TECHNOBIT.
But my joy vanished when I opened the box. I smelled the smell of burning hardware.
The device was stained with greasy dust ...

A few pictures ...

Shocking. Just.......shocking  Shocked

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:08:09 PM

Feast your eyes on this:

Shocking. Just.......shocking  Shocked

The reason?

He was the one that posted the Technobit Fucked Us thread. Marto has played these sorts of games with anyone who calls him out on his scams. Be it not refunding some individuals, sending fake tracking information, cancelling and often delaying shipments or just plain ignoring customers.

Anyone who continues to support Technobit at this point must either be paid to do so or just a multiple account of Marto and his team. Sad but this fraud has gone on since 2013 without too much notice and still people keeping buying crappy product and even worse customer service. None of this is surprising really. Anyone who speaks out as a customer with pending orders runs the risk of getting further screwed.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:28:01 AM

My situation is I'm a legal miner (bank error forced to file see thread below so as not to go off topic....do the poll also if you'd like)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=969646.msg10585422#msg10585422

So essentially I've been a mining like heck and due to the circumstances of the above thread ..with little choice have managed or will manage
to pull it off for 3 years with equip deprecation and home biz etc and will likely pay NO TAXES to IRS thru 2015 when my last miner poops out (knc Titan)

THE CATCH

is if home mining equip is dead...for usefulness with perhaps cloud mining the same soon......then I will have in 2016 (2.5k or so equip depreciation off of mining I could use) and 2017 (maybe 1K left of the same)

so if no home miners and I doubt cloud mining (see my tag line below) applies ..how to get the rest of my equip depreciation kudos for these last 2 years
round this all out to keep the IRS happy? need an option to home miners that makes sense and can kinda sorta make some coin don't ya know
of my 5 year biz plan ...as a legal usa miner (2013 IRS virtual currency guidelines)

so the point is (further details in above thread link off topic)

1) IS THERE any very small data hall type arrangement of a more robust manner then cloud hosting..ie some small share/part owner of small pooled data farm that people
could recomend? again not cloud mining.....i really don't think that would fly..i mean like 10 guys renting something and pooling equipment kinda thing
to get around the home miners going bye bye?

If there are ....anyone here got some that are legit? or they run? or they use? etc

2) same as above but more of a co-op non profit arrangement ( like farmers would use to get/pool equipment under same kind of showing of equip to 'crop
so to speak' revenue stream...ie IRS wants 25% of what I mine (less equip deprecation and other biz expenses) this is also true of a farm co-op arrangement
again catch is if i want to show revenue (mining or as an example farmer) then mining (crops) has to make some kinda sense.....or why farm/mine or buy
the tractor/miner etc you get the analogy....has to make 'some' sense even if at some loss in long term

3) perhaps frigging cloud hosting qualifies (see my tag line) i sorta doubt it .....IRS audit and you point to a web page....? virtual cloud miner? probably not

anyway just here to point out that some of us (thru no fault of our own) kinda had to want to or forced to be legal miners in USA so to expand this beyond the
home miner drought of equipment in the future...are there any small co-op / data hall arrangements of equip that may make sense in the future (2016/17 in my case)
that are getting off the ground to fill in this void of the home miners going bye bye

this thread may want to review such 'real' equip situations co-op or otherwise as a stop gap or bridge away from home mining equip (now that esp scrypt seem to be toast)

anyway just my thoughts I used to run a large bbs game server back in the day....it was a lot more fun with 5 guys involved making the bbs 5x bigger then it was
just running a puny game server /bbs by your lonesome...that also was a biz.....same kinda logic....

and again (see my cloud hosting tagline) imho cloud hosting per say ...will probably not cut this ...(but i could be wrong)

anyway if this is off topic feel free to kill this post...but if home miners are going kaput here soon this seems the only small scale option left small group equip
arrangement of a data hall /bldg or co-op

looking for some legit options with the above in mind....supposedly there have to be small players of this of some note and reputation that would apply to this thread

thanks for reading the above mess and feel free to kill this post if it is too far off the home miner topic of review

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:59:13 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 07:10:19 AM by Bicknellski

I don't see the point to mining with anything cloud or otherwise since it is a loss. Sell your miners and hold BTC till you get the price you think you feel comfortable cashing out is probably the best solution.

Only if you are looking to write off losses to offset other tax burdens elsewhere would mining be something worth looking at or if you had access to Petahash and the power to run it without cost. Say something like a solar, wind, wave, hydro or biogas farm coupled with mining. The end of home or small scale mining is now. The end of B2B sales to those who would farm is coming and the what will be left are large companies as we see them gobble up power and the percentage of the network. There is no safe haven now for mining. Another sustained crash of something like a sub 50$ in BTC price will pretty much wipe out every weak cloud hashing or mining farm. What will be left are those entities with low power costs or with the ability to shut down large parts of their network without too much overhead.

My situation is I'm a legal miner (bank error forced to file see thread below so as not to go off topic....do the poll also if you'd like)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=969646.msg10585422#msg10585422

So essentially I've been a mining like heck and due to the circumstances of the above thread ..with little choice have managed or will manage
to pull it off for 3 years with equip deprecation and home biz etc and will likely pay NO TAXES to IRS thru 2015 when my last miner poops out (knc Titan)

THE CATCH

is if home mining equip is dead...for usefulness with perhaps cloud mining the same soon......then I will have in 2016 (2.5k or so equip depreciation off of mining I could use) and 2017 (maybe 1K left of the same)

so if no home miners and I doubt cloud mining (see my tag line below) applies ..how to get the rest of my equip depreciation kudos for these last 2 years
round this all out to keep the IRS happy? need an option to home miners that makes sense and can kinda sorta make some coin don't ya know
of my 5 year biz plan ...as a legal usa miner (2013 IRS virtual currency guidelines)

so the point is (further details in above thread link off topic)

1) IS THERE any very small data hall type arrangement of a more robust manner then cloud hosting..ie some small share/part owner of small pooled data farm that people
could recomend? again not cloud mining.....i really don't think that would fly..i mean like 10 guys renting something and pooling equipment kinda thing
to get around the home miners going bye bye?

If there are ....anyone here got some that are legit? or they run? or they use? etc

2) same as above but more of a co-op non profit arrangement ( like farmers would use to get/pool equipment under same kind of showing of equip to 'crop
so to speak' revenue stream...ie IRS wants 25% of what I mine (less equip deprecation and other biz expenses) this is also true of a farm co-op arrangement
again catch is if i want to show revenue (mining or as an example farmer) then mining (crops) has to make some kinda sense.....or why farm/mine or buy
the tractor/miner etc you get the analogy....has to make 'some' sense even if at some loss in long term

3) perhaps frigging cloud hosting qualifies (see my tag line) i sorta doubt it .....IRS audit and you point to a web page....? virtual cloud miner? probably not

anyway just here to point out that some of us (thru no fault of our own) kinda had to want to or forced to be legal miners in USA so to expand this beyond the
home miner drought of equipment in the future...are there any small co-op / data hall arrangements of equip that may make sense in the future (2016/17 in my case)
that are getting off the ground to fill in this void of the home miners going bye bye

this thread may want to review such 'real' equip situations co-op or otherwise as a stop gap or bridge away from home mining equip (now that esp scrypt seem to be toast)

anyway just my thoughts I used to run a large bbs game server back in the day....it was a lot more fun with 5 guys involved making the bbs 5x bigger then it was
just running a puny game server /bbs by your lonesome...that also was a biz.....same kinda logic....

and again (see my cloud hosting tagline) imho cloud hosting per say ...will probably not cut this ...(but i could be wrong)

anyway if this is off topic feel free to kill this post...but if home miners are going kaput here soon this seems the only small scale option left small group equip
arrangement of a data hall /bldg or co-op

looking for some legit options with the above in mind....supposedly there have to be small players of this of some note and reputation that would apply to this thread

thanks for reading the above mess and feel free to kill this post if it is too far off the home miner topic of review

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:18:42 AM

I don't see the point to mining with anything cloud or otherwise since it is a loss. Sell your miners and hold BTC till you get the price you think you feel comfortable cashing out is probably the best solution.

Only if you are looking to write of losses to offset tax burdens elsewhere would mining be something worth looking at or if you had access to petahash and the power to run it without cost. Say something like a solar, wind, wave, hydro or biogas farm coupled with mining.

That pretty much is it...as a legal miner for 2013 thru 2015 I will show the IRS all is well and my biz be legit....but with a biz (not a hobby) you have to show 3 yrs out of 5yrs
of profit....even if it is only a buck say vs your equip invested.....w/o even lame home miners working at the level they are in 2015 and sliding by barely.....I am
trying to figure out how to keep the rubber band going those last 2 years to make the 5 years of a biz (not a hobby ...hobby means more then 2 yrs at a loss)

there has to be others in the same boat as me....i'm not sure but i think spondoolies MAY be doing something like this more a co-op less a cloud mining operation
anyway again looking for others already doing this due to their legal status issues like myself.....have to be some guys out their who pooled resources in such a
manner

anyway if not now ...if anyone is in my boat and wants to continue to 'mine' so to speak on a modest scale likely they will have to pool resources and/or co-op
to do such..but you are correct...in my case and maybe others .....if only relying on home miners at this point we will likely have none in our price range to buy
BY OURSELVES by the time 2016 and 2017 rolls around.....and i could prob kludge some used equip together to show some kind of legit shot at mining for IRS
.....but again......I am assuming there will be a more 'real' co-op or equip data hall (small) type of private setups now ...if folk still need to (like me) or want to
mine say in 2016 or 2017 in some manner......I am assuming some folk are already in such arrangements...and looking for pm's or a direction

anyway again if this is off topic I'll drop it for now....but again you are correct......I"m 3 years after this year into my 'buggy whip' factory...and they just made
the automobile...oops..what to do for those last 2 years to keep the biz looking like a biz to the IRS and to get the last 2 years of my equip depreciation...come
to think of it some of the big miner operations ....may have the same problems on a bigger scale then my puny issues

thanks back to topics

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:21:09 AM

Changed thread title to reflect changes in the available hardware section biased and opinionated guides.

MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 10:50:22 AM

You are biased?Huh  Really? 

We do B2B sales, too  Tongue

oh nooooooooo   Mayday Mayday...  Biased Guide incoming...   Grin Grin Grin

Changed thread title to reflect changes in the available hardware section biased and opinionated guides.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:27:24 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 11:46:13 AM by Bicknellski

You are biased?Huh  Really?  

We do B2B sales, too  Tongue

oh nooooooooo   Mayday Mayday...  Biased Guide incoming...   Grin Grin Grin

I guess I should have explained more carefully.

B2B only and then consumers. Grin You and Spondoolies seem to be the only ones left I would recommend for consumers given the responses in these forums.

Bitfury currently the only company exclusively B2B that I put in thumbs up. Do you and spondoolies think this thread should dual bill you? I doubt anyone with $100K to spend is reading my posts.

MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:39:01 AM

More people probably read your thread than you think

It shows your thread was read over 10,000 times

we hear from bulk customers time to time, they saw comments on Bitcointalk forum.  So I would say it is never known.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
lobogil

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:52:23 AM

More people probably read your thread than you think

True.

@ BitmainWarranty:  When will you stop paying dogie to write his lies? He is dragging your name through the mud - it makes no sense to continue to pay him, it only looks bad on your company to do so. He is harming your business & upsetting many in the Bitcoin community.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:59:58 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 01:16:32 PM by Bicknellski

Updated Original Post.

Added Bitmain and Spondoolies to B2B and kept them in Consumer as well.

Not that it matters. At this point Petahash is what you need with CHEAP electricity if you are not able to secure that you should not be mining BTC.

Also will be adding PCFli's to the consumer sellers as well.

One batch of antminer S5(1.15T@590w) , total 500 units, is ready to sell at the price of 340$ , if you have interest, please reply this topic or PM me. Those miner can be online within 48 hours after payment.

The host fee will be only 1.416$ each miner each day.

The miners will host in our CHENGDU Industrial Scale farm, where we promised that the up-time will be 98% and any downtime exceed that (14.4 hours each month) will be compensated in full.

I know that the btc price is very low currently, but i think it is still a good time to buy miner, since all the people are scared to buy miner and the difficulty will soon stop even drop, also, the price of the miner is already close to the cost to build them, so it is no way that the price of the miner will be further lowered. If the price of btc increase and the diff will not increase , it will have good chance to reach ROI. Also, our host fee is also the best that you can find in market.

BTW, some customer worried about the quality of our host service and the miner, so i will set one special guarantee policy, if the miner have problem in one month, we will replace it with a perfect one for free, if the miner have problem after one month, we provide two option: 1) repair it for free  2) pay us extra 50$, we will replace it directly with a perfect one.

How to buy
If you have interest to buy, just submite the order through the following the form and send me a PM to remind me
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r3xNEjov2iFZDsm2jY93g66jf5TOyorum07DXn4H6z4/viewform
BTW
you can pay me via paypal for this sale.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Introduction of CHENGDU Industrial Scale farm

Quick Review
Capacity:
*5000Kw will be ready on 10/10/2014
*can be expanded to 25000Kw in future
Uptime:
*98% uptime (any downtime exceed 14.4 hours will get full compensation on mining earning)
Detail introduction

The farm located in Chengdu City, Sichuan province, where the whole building was rented.

Electricity

The power is drawn directly from State Grid with dual transformer, one team from SICHUAN electricity science research institute are employed to design the power supply system,  it is the same team who design and built IBM’s CHENGDU DATA CENTER.

Network
We use double WAN router from CISCO as our main router, and draw one 100M fiber from CHINATELECOM and another 100M fiber from CHINAUNICOM as back up. one 4G wireless internet was also ready for use once it is necessary .

Environment control
Huge fans with the size of 1.5M are installed on one of the whole walls with the capacity to refresh all the air inside the farm within 10 second when all working.

The pic of running s5

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:07:59 AM

What's up with Asicminer?

Well folks,
This looks like the end of the road for AM.  Friedcat has abandoned it.  I secretly hope this nudges him out, but all indications are that he has left the building.  Another one bites the dust. Sad

This is very sad to hear. Really doesn't sound Friedcat-like at all. Why would the guy who has always gone out of his way to make things right do this?

Only reason I can think of would be that be300 turned out to be a total failure.

Can you elaborate further on what makes you think FC abandoned the company?
Internal interference.  I would guess he's had enough of bullshit

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 06:35:10 AM

A smile post I've made in reply got deleted.
I believe I know which dog complained to the mods.
I'm not expecting anything from him.
I do expect the mods to be more tolerant.

Guy

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: