Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:33:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] B's A More Ethical & Trustworthy Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 29113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:45:53 AM

As long as I have resources available to keep making for the small miners, I'm gonna. When solving blocks is the sole domain of rich guys I might just walk away from bitcoin entirely, but not until it becomes impossible. I've already had someone with money asking me (a month or so ago) about the feasibility of making their own chips and building miners for their own farm; said someone is interested in our miner designs and might end up contributing to the overall project. If it turns into a relationship able to sponsor chip fab (unlikely but not impossible), I could redirect our take from that work to use some of those chips for affordable and non-crappy miners to sell to whoever I want. That'd be alright.

Yes, it's not a problem to discuss the future of hardware in the hardware section. But it does seem off-topic to talk about stuff not pertaining to miner sellers trustworthiness in this particular thread.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:49:02 AM

As long as I have resources available to keep making for the small miners, I'm gonna. When solving blocks is the sole domain of rich guys I might just walk away from bitcoin entirely, but not until it becomes impossible. I've already had someone with money asking me (a month or so ago) about the feasibility of making their own chips and building miners for their own farm; said someone is interested in our miner designs and might end up contributing to the overall project. If it turns into a relationship able to sponsor chip fab (unlikely but not impossible), I could redirect our take from that work to use some of those chips for affordable and non-crappy miners to sell to whoever I want. That'd be alright.

Yes, it's not a problem to discuss the future of hardware in the hardware section. But it does seem off-topic to talk about stuff not pertaining to miner sellers trustworthiness in this particular thread.

I would love to see you get your own chip if at all possible at some point.  I think it would be a good product for the community.  I would guess it could be pretty pricy though.

Would be nice to see you own every part of the hardware you put out as far as design and chips.  But I realize that is a massive undertaking.
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:20:58 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 05:34:59 AM by Bicknellski

I think it shows a lot of confidence to the community that a fabricator comes here and TALKS openly without any fear, (not here to abuse or chuck shit around) but to talk about the nature of hardware. I would buy from you unreservedly and that is directly related to the thread. As soon as you have units available for sale I will be recommending Gekkoscience.

Feel free to take as much liberty here as you like it all goes to credibility of your offerings. Bitmain, Spondoolies regularly chime in here on and off topic again allows consumers to judge and decide who they would trust. Also note self-moderated threads are allowed to BE OFF TOPIC as per the rules even though Dogie has blown the police whistle here on this thread more than once or twice on posts the rules are that the OP can go off topic and others are welcome to follow that lead to a point. There is a lot of value in this discussion as it relates to being trustworthy.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:06:51 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 05:07:47 PM by Bicknellski

Bitmain. More issues. Are we seeing too many problems to recommend buying from them?

It seems that there are a growing amount of concerns with the S5 and shipments of questionable products. It would be good to hear from Bitmain on these concerns here or in the thread posted below. Xian01 is a reputable member of this community and I personally value his radar on scams / customer service failures given his experience here in these forums in the past 2 or 3 years.

What do others think?

@ Bitmain:

Are these brand new & unused - or are they from your mining farm?

Ta.

Hi cathoderay,
Brand New.

Honestly, seeing this post by Bitmain, and hearing reports of them sending out dusty units with the old heat-sink design for Batch 5 completely destroyed any trust I had in them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the performance of the B1 S5's I have, but I bought them because they were advertised as being quiet, and ~75dBA is not quiet by any reasonable measure.

Also, had some private communication with them that didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about doing more business with them. Their pricing shenanigans with the S5 was the final icing on the cake that made me buy a bunch of SP20's and finish out my farm for the time being - It's been making more sense to just buy BTC outright than purchase miners at the current prices.

Will probably be getting out of the mining game entirely this year unless the economics significantly change.

bitmain could fix the noise problem by sending the fans quiet to all their customers, but it certainly will not do it because the Chinese are too greedy for money

the fans mentioned wont fix the noise issue. the problem is the s3,2, and 1 are full contact heatsinks. while the s5 uses the same heatsink it seems the metal only touches the chip so the full amount of heat isnt being pushed into the heat sink anymore and ontop of that the second one that would go on the other side of the miner isnt being sent to customers like with the s3's signs that this was used can be seen on the components on the sides that face the plastic side plates. there is thermal paste applied there and partially whiped off which imply bitmain has run an additional cooling components on that side of the boards as well which we dont have. Other signs are that there are screw hols that arent being used that follow the same design as the otherside heatsink on the s3 which if there is no additional heatsink that is being used on that side then those screw hols wouldnt be there at all since they arent needed.

now i got refunded for my issues with bitmain. I said i would update this thread but i wont outright delete this thread because it is info that is needed. i also stated that i will revise it when an agreement is reached. so i will go do that now.

Edit: S5 has some sort 80c cut off issue?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 04:51:57 PM

Black Arrow needs to be taken down. Refunds need to be given. This is just crazy they are still running around loose.

The salt is being rubbed in the customers wounds. It would be great if someone actually reported this company on the mainland in China. Raising enough of consumer stink there does force even large companies to comply with Chinese consumer protection laws.

http://www.china-briefing.com/news/2014/04/08/china-introduces-new-consumer-protection-law.html

The latest BlackArrow wheeze:

Dear customer,

Your order is ready to ship. Please confirm the address we have for shipping for your order is correct.  If you have already done so, please ignore this email and wait for your tracking number in the next few days.

If you have not confirmed yet your shipping address, please send us an email with below fields filled in

Name:
House No, Street:
City, Postcode:
Province:
Phone no:
We are also sending shipping address confirmation requests from Black Arrow tickets system. However since the end of last year it seems that some of our correspondence sent out from the tickets system does not reach our customers' Inbox. Our messages either reach Spam folder or they do not reach the email address at all. Please do not reply to this message/email address with the above required details. This address is used to make sure our messages reach our customers. Please go on our website at: https://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/support/index.php?/Tickets/Submit , tick the Shipping department and send us the required information.

All pending orders are in our warehouse ready for dispatch as soon as you provide us the above details so we can update our records.

Please be aware that depending on your local customs regulations and taxation laws when importing goods from abroad you might be liable of paying duty fees or some other fees such as customs clearance fees. If you will not agree to pay them, the package might return to destination country or be destroyed by local customs. Please note that it is your duty to clear customs and pay all required fees. If you fail to do so and the package returns to us, you will be ceasing all rights to the package and it will not be send back to you again.

Guess what, incompetent assholes? I don't want my miners any more! If you ship them to me, I'll be throwing good money after bad for 1) customs duties and 2) electricity that costs me more than the miners will yield in BTC. I told you this directly via e-mail, and requested that you destroy my units and send me proof of destruction, and also refund the $50 shipping fees that you will not incur as a result of not shipping my order. But you chose to ignore that.

So fuck you, fuck you, and FUCK YOU. Shove my miners up your incompetent asses, where they will hopefully explode. You couldn't find your assholes with both hands and a funnel. You couldn't organize a piss-up at a brewery.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:03:25 PM

Minersource run by Matthew Carson and His father have been EVICTED.

Here is the eviction notice for MinerSource?

Why are they called Miner Hosting LLC?

Does Oregon Mines have any liability with regards to the money owed?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 12:44:21 PM

jeez even with my puny income I could get 4,169 bucks together to wrap it up rather then be evicted...they must really be in debt or some such.

not familiar with them..just saying ..if legit the amount seems puny

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:06:38 PM

Saving Space

I am not to surprised sadly with this.  They took images I made for a guide for the SilverFish 28 (scrypt miner).   Was really fun asking them in person at a bitcoin conference how it happened.  They acted totally surprised... then admitted they might have gotten it off forum.   They did not take image down till they stopped selling the miner.

I don't like a lot of drama so I just let it be.  Guess karma happens sometimes.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:08:59 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 01:19:35 PM by Bicknellski

Saving Space

I am not to surprised sadly with this.  They took images I made for a guide for the SilverFish 28 (scrypt miner).   Was really fun asking them in person at a bitcoin conference how it happened.  They acted totally surprised... then admitted they might have gotten it off forum.   They did not take image down till they stopped selling the miner.

I don't like a lot of drama so I just let it be.  Guess karma happens sometimes.

I think when theft is involved criminals need to be given as much drama as possible. That way others won't be taken advantage of by them.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:23:05 PM

Saving Space

I am not to surprised sadly with this.  They took images I made for a guide for the SilverFish 28 (scrypt miner).   Was really fun asking them in person at a bitcoin conference how it happened.  They acted totally surprised... then admitted they might have gotten it off forum.   They did not take image down till they stopped selling the miner.

I don't like a lot of drama so I just let it be.  Guess karma happens sometimes.

I think when theft is involved criminals need to be given as much drama as possible.

I agree looks like he was much worse then I knew.   They said they would take image down ..... but they waited a extra month until it sold out.

But in person they seemed ok, were a lot less excited about miners then other booth's.  Best way to describe them was un-enthused they were showing I cannot remember the name but it had something to do with flowers I think.  And there was a special edition with blue colored fan's.  Can not remember for the life of me the name of the miner.

I did not pay to much attention to them.  I was all excited about S3 and SP gear.  S3 had just started shipping, and SP had a good setup.  They both were much better on showing products and being excited to be there.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:59:52 PM

I was certainly fooled as well by Carson and Thurber I learned the hard way in May 2014 what sort of scams they had pulled and were pulling and one particularly involving chips from fabricators in China that was never reported here in these forums. Although you saw the same scam again by them with Black Arrow accusing them of stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of miners. Amazing really.

There are plenty of people in these forums who were also screwed over by them thinking that they were legit and decent people. To his credit Gleb knew much much much earlier than most that Matthew Carson was a fraud and scam artist. One has to be very careful to comb through the behaviour of any number of accounts in these forums and unfortunately there are a significant number of  shady accounts compared that perpetuate scams and scam artists. The hardware threads have seen more than their fair share of those.

photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 05:21:11 PM

thanks for posting this information

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:10:15 PM

thanks for posting this information

You are welcome came from anonymous tipster. Thought it was important info for the community so posted it immediately as I read it in my Inbox.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:47:37 PM

jeez even with my puny income I could get 4,169 bucks together to wrap it up rather then be evicted...they must really be in debt or some such.

Maybe it's not worth to pay the fee...

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:09:35 PM

They ran out on the bill... they have done this before at least 2x maybe more. Watch Oregon Mines it will go poof just the same way.

Maybe it's not worth to pay the fee...

cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:16:21 AM

I'm not a fan of ticket support - it's an easy way to be ignored. That's why crooks like GHash/CEX/BAN use it. A good support system is open & transparent.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:32:51 AM

I'm not a fan of ticket support - it's an easy way to be ignored. That's why crooks like GHash/CEX/BAN use it. A good support system is open & transparent.

Spondoolies has one.

They seem to use it well enough.

You need something more than Dogie shitting on every thread. At least they try.

cathoderay

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Welcome to dogietalk.bs

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 01:44:17 AM

Spondoolies has one.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt, they do however have a lot of damage to repair - & if this ticket system doesn't work out right, I fear the worst for them with regards to yet more customer backlash on this forum.....

Let's hope they do it right.

Have you been a victim of dogie insults, neg-rep'd for no reason or been falsely accused by him? If so, air your experiences here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.0
Avoid manipulative Exchanges - Localbitcoins.com
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 02:14:53 AM

Spondoolies has one.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt, they do however have a lot of damage to repair - & if this ticket system doesn't work out right, I fear the worst for them with regards to yet more customer backlash on this forum.....

Let's hope they do it right.

Not easy work. That is why most fabricators want the benefits of selling to fewer customers and not to the general public as it is a cost savings and a hassle savings. It is not easy to build a CRM system including finding the right team. Having 2 or 3 or 10 customers versus 1000's is a no brainer really.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 03:53:46 AM

Especially because a lot of customers are, themselves, no-brainers.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: