Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:46:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I find an anarchy?  (Read 2785 times)
Nyaaan (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2012, 02:31:58 PM

I need to find one ASAP

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 07:19:18 PM

Right here. It's called the Internet. It seems to work pretty well all things considered.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 07:24:26 PM

Right here. It's called the Internet. It seems to work pretty well all things considered.
brb calling the internet police
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BhGNDtyuug#t=18s
Sultan

Activity: 214

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 07:54:54 PM

I need to find one ASAP

Have you tried Somalia?

http://images.onbux.com/banner.gif
I then use the money to buy BitCoins. You can too!
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 09:26:04 PM

I need to find one ASAP

You can't - humans always gang up and appoint leaders.  There never had been nor will there every be a society without a publicly enforced government or violently enforced political authority.

to the guy saying the Internet is anarchy, stop being silly.  The Internet is a government creation and if the government wanted, the Internet as we know it can be turned off by ICANN, a body whose members are government appointed and whose very existence depends on the government.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 08:53:45 AM

to the guy saying the Internet is anarchy, stop being silly.  The Internet is a government creation and if the government wanted, the Internet as we know it can be turned off by ICANN, a body whose members are government appointed and whose very existence depends on the government.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, ICANN has this big red button with key switches on either side of it, which has the magical ability to force arbitrary network operators (even those outside the US) to do whatever ICANN wants (most are already doing what ICANN wants, but only because ICANN doesn't want to "turn off" the Internet). Though it was never fully explained to me just how it works exactly... Roll Eyes

Seriously though, the power that ICANN and other governing bodies have over the Internet is purely voluntary. If their decisions prove unpopular, network operators can and will simply ignore them, except where required by local laws (and sometimes even then).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2012, 09:12:01 AM

I need to find one ASAP

Have you tried Somalia?
And, strangely, they are getting the benefits of anarchy along with the, umm, slight inconveniences.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12278628

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 09:30:45 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Yeah, ICANN has this big red button with key switches on either side of it, which has the magical ability to force arbitrary network operators (even those outside the US) to do whatever ICANN wants (most are already doing what ICANN wants, but only because ICANN doesn't want to "turn off" the Internet). Though it was never fully explained to me just how it works exactly... Roll Eyes

Seriously though, the power that ICANN and other governing bodies have over the Internet is purely voluntary. If their decisions prove unpopular, network operators can and will simply ignore them, except where required by local laws (and sometimes even then).

Exactly.  ICANN can told to stop DNS working and local ISPs can be told to close down.  The Internet is not in a state of anarchy - its regulated.
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2012, 09:25:54 PM

I need to find one ASAP

Have you tried Somalia?
And, strangely, they are getting the benefits of anarchy along with the, umm, slight inconveniences.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12278628

Yep, business is thriving in Somalia, but they still "need" a government for "stability". Though the article never mentions what the instability is. Perhaps stability is just a synonym for government? Never mind that the previous Government destroyed the country. Lots of opinion, no sources or justification.

I hope Somalia continues it's course toward a free society and rejects the attempts by the UN to install a democracy.
check_status

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 03:12:22 AM

If it is anarchy you want, then join the CIA. It is their stock in trade. They will teach you marketing skills, weapons and bomb making, interrogation,  and any other skill that can be used to be disruptive and overthrow governments (including in the US). Their goal is hell on earth.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
faidsaid

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 03:18:36 AM

I need to find one ASAP
Somalia, the Libertarian wet dream. Please go there.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 03:19:07 AM

In your mind.
steelhouse

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:51:57 PM

I hope Somalia continues it's course toward a free society and rejects the attempts by the UN to install a democracy.

So true.  Somalia does not need to make the mistake of the Europe or the United States again.  Governments start out protecting the people, in the end they steal from the people.  I did notice there is still law in Somalia.  If you lived in a gated community and your business had guards Somalia would be better off without any government. 
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 10:00:09 PM

So true.  Somalia does not need to make the mistake of the Europe or the United States again.  Governments start out protecting the people, in the end they steal from the people.  I did notice there is still law in Somalia.  If you lived in a gated community and your business had guards Somalia would be better off without any government. 

In the article you guys are basing all the Somali optimism on, it clearly says that Somalia is living off remittances.  Its people are having to go abroad to work in countries that have governments and send money home.

That is not something they are happy with.  It explains why there is a large Somali population in London - they like having a state.
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2012, 10:06:15 PM

In the article you guys are basing all the Somali optimism on, it clearly says that Somalia is living off remittances.  Its people are having to go abroad to work in countries that have governments and send money home.

That is not something they are happy with.  It explains why there is a large Somali population in London - they like having a state.

Yes, Hawker. A free society is impossible. We get it.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 09:41:17 AM

LOL. I hope some libertarian goes to Somalia, and makes documentary about how great the somalian society is.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 02:18:27 AM

Watch MESA:Living off The Grid - you can become one of those faggy vegan communists "Nowhere Kids" robbing broke people that bleed for everything they have and then tell them they are "hoarding".
check_status

Activity: 196

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 04:11:20 AM

LOL. I hope some libertarian goes to Somalia, and makes documentary about how great the somalian society is.
Didn't Dr. Danger already do that?

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:25:39 PM

[/quote]

Read this:
http://www.independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1880
http://www.independent.org/pdf/working_papers/64_somalia.pdf

Signature space available for rent.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 07:15:58 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2012, 07:28:02 AM by Hawker

So true.  Somalia does not need to make the mistake of the Europe or the United States again.  Governments start out protecting the people, in the end they steal from the people.  I did notice there is still law in Somalia.  If you lived in a gated community and your business had guards Somalia would be better off without any government.  
In the article you guys are basing all the Somali optimism on, it clearly says that Somalia is living off remittances.  Its people are having to go abroad to work in countries that have governments and send money home.
That is not something they are happy with.  It explains why there is a large Somali population in London - they like having a state.

Read this:
http://www.independent.org/newsroom/article.asp?id=1880
http://www.independent.org/pdf/working_papers/64_somalia.pdf
[/quote]

Yes.  It says that the Xeer legal system worked fine for a short while and then "In 2004, the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) was created in exile with U.N. backing. In February 2006 it entered Somalia, and so far, controls only the town of Baidoa."

The result was war and famine which continues to this day.

That is the essential problem with anarchy.  You might have a working system within your small community and you might be able to live off remittances.  But you won't be left alone.  In Somalia's case, the US, Ethiopia and Eritrea all have armed proxies operating in the country.  In Afghanistan's case, you have the US and NATO on the ground along with proxy armies of India and Pakistan.  If you don't have your own state, this is what happens.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: