Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:23:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-09-29] A SOLUTION FOR TRUSTLESS BITCOIN MICROTRANSACTIONS  (Read 1324 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 04:41:50 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 03:08:25 PM by LiteCoinGuy

A SOLUTION FOR TRUSTLESS BITCOIN MICROTRANSACTIONS IS HERE

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/solution-trustless-bitcoin-microtransactions/

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:46:58 AM

A SOLUTION FOR TRUSTLESS BITCOIN MICROTRANSACTIONS IS HERE

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/solution-trustless-bitcoin-microtransactions/
I won't even click ccn links anymore because their stories are trash. If there is a legitimate business, it will be covered by better news sites.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:09:15 PM

Bitcoin can be used for micro-transactions. Not exactly a mind-blowing revelation. Looks like someone needed a bunch of filler to write up an article, because the only "news" is this part:

I reached out to James Poole on twatter after seeing his demo video, and he talked about building a platform, MicroTrx, for various applications to use as a micropayment gateway.

So, just some guy who wants to create a centralized server platform for microtransactions. How cutely anachronistic. And this is "news" to these people.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:24:00 PM

Bitcoin can be used for micro-transactions. Not exactly a mind-blowing revelation. Looks like someone needed a bunch of filler to write up an article, because the only "news" is this part:

I reached out to James Poole on twatter after seeing his demo video, and he talked about building a platform, MicroTrx, for various applications to use as a micropayment gateway.

So, just some guy who wants to create a centralized server platform for microtransactions. How cutely anachronistic. And this is "news" to these people.

I think you are being hasty ... it is worth a look and it could even be something big.

It is the first working implementation of "micropayment channels" (awfully non-descriptive) that use some of the scripting functions of bitcoin for contracts. It demonstrates how off-chain transactions can be "hooked" into the blockchain to leverage blockchain level security.

Note trustless server ... James has done some great work here imho.

(NB: I don't know anything about cryptocoinnews quality)

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:18:42 AM

I think you are being hasty ... it is worth a look and it could even be something big.

It is the first working implementation of "micropayment channels" (awfully non-descriptive) that use some of the scripting functions of bitcoin for contracts. It demonstrates how off-chain transactions can be "hooked" into the blockchain to leverage blockchain level security.

Note trustless server ... James has done some great work here imho.

(NB: I don't know anything about cryptocoinnews quality)
A micropayment channel is minimum counterparty risk, but I would rather see the risk shared by a pool created by a multisig group similar to dark wallet. Micro-payment fees can accumulate as a credit rather than a debit since the risks are so small.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: