Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:41:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-09-29] A SOLUTION FOR TRUSTLESS BITCOIN MICROTRANSACTIONS  (Read 1324 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 04:41:50 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2014, 03:08:25 PM by LiteCoinGuy

A SOLUTION FOR TRUSTLESS BITCOIN MICROTRANSACTIONS IS HERE

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/solution-trustless-bitcoin-microtransactions/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 04:46:58 AM

A SOLUTION FOR TRUSTLESS BITCOIN MICROTRANSACTIONS IS HERE

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/solution-trustless-bitcoin-microtransactions/
I won't even click ccn links anymore because their stories are trash. If there is a legitimate business, it will be covered by better news sites.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 06:09:15 PM

Bitcoin can be used for micro-transactions. Not exactly a mind-blowing revelation. Looks like someone needed a bunch of filler to write up an article, because the only "news" is this part:

I reached out to James Poole on twatter after seeing his demo video, and he talked about building a platform, MicroTrx, for various applications to use as a micropayment gateway.

So, just some guy who wants to create a centralized server platform for microtransactions. How cutely anachronistic. And this is "news" to these people.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 29, 2014, 10:24:00 PM

Bitcoin can be used for micro-transactions. Not exactly a mind-blowing revelation. Looks like someone needed a bunch of filler to write up an article, because the only "news" is this part:

I reached out to James Poole on twatter after seeing his demo video, and he talked about building a platform, MicroTrx, for various applications to use as a micropayment gateway.

So, just some guy who wants to create a centralized server platform for microtransactions. How cutely anachronistic. And this is "news" to these people.

I think you are being hasty ... it is worth a look and it could even be something big.

It is the first working implementation of "micropayment channels" (awfully non-descriptive) that use some of the scripting functions of bitcoin for contracts. It demonstrates how off-chain transactions can be "hooked" into the blockchain to leverage blockchain level security.

Note trustless server ... James has done some great work here imho.

(NB: I don't know anything about cryptocoinnews quality)

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:18:42 AM

I think you are being hasty ... it is worth a look and it could even be something big.

It is the first working implementation of "micropayment channels" (awfully non-descriptive) that use some of the scripting functions of bitcoin for contracts. It demonstrates how off-chain transactions can be "hooked" into the blockchain to leverage blockchain level security.

Note trustless server ... James has done some great work here imho.

(NB: I don't know anything about cryptocoinnews quality)
A micropayment channel is minimum counterparty risk, but I would rather see the risk shared by a pool created by a multisig group similar to dark wallet. Micro-payment fees can accumulate as a credit rather than a debit since the risks are so small.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: