Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:22:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold Bitcoin untill next halving time  (Read 9866 times)
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:47:08 PM

The markets are pretty efficient and should price in the effects of halving well in advance
That said, i agree that long-term btc is a no-brainer investment
Markets are not very efficient at pricing anything. Otherwise, where do bubbles and stock crashes come from?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 10:32:10 PM

The markets are pretty efficient and should price in the effects of halving well in advance
Markets are not very efficient at pricing anything. Otherwise, where do bubbles and stock crashes come from?

That is not inefficiensy. It is the result of real changes in valuations from the actors in the market. Do you prefer that some lord decides for you and everybody else what has value?
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:52:45 PM

Yes it's good to buy on the dips, but at 1000 700 seemed like a dip... a big one actually. And now we are at 390 or so. Also, when it comes to halving, DOGE halving did nothing, in fact it went down, so im not sure about halving being transaltedo n the price clearly as good.

Doge was at 25 satoshi and it went up over 100 satoshi knowing halving was imminent. Investors do not wait to the actual halving then invest, they invest beforehand.

Yes sure things gets calculated in price in advance. If you are sure, that Bill Gates will buy our all BTC owners, then people just dump before that actually happen.
CrazyCraig

Activity: 501
Merit: 340

Bye Felisha!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

I hardly mine anymore. Honestly I haven't touched my bitcoin in over a year. Im holding out. I have a nice sum saved up.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 09:16:42 PM

We cannot just sit and wait for the next halving time. Bitcoin price is not going rocket just because block reward is halved. We need to maintain a lively bitcoin ecosystem and make bitcoin more desirable for consumers.

i think it will happen naturaly, with so many people buying and holding bitcoins, when the companies realize this huge amount of money stoked with bitcoin users, there will be a "bitcoin rush" (like gold rush) to convince the users to espend this money with their goods.

I don't think it will happen naturaly. It will happen "naturaly" if Bitcoin econmy works well, if people consume goods and services and if people work more and more with Bitcoin.

If you just sit and wait, the "utility value" of a Bitcoin is equal to 0, you have to use it and work with them

well not everyone need to do that, someone can just sit and watch, this what he mean with "naturally"
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:26:42 PM

long term hodl!!!  Cheesy

cutesakura

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:07:09 AM

I agree with your opinion, if we're collecting bitcoin, should we now hold to sell bitcoin to the market, it is because the price of bitcoin that are ups and downs, our expectations if bitcoin prices later rose again, we will be able to exchange bitcoin with fiat money more ...  Roll Eyes
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:01:22 AM

sure q1 2016 or depends on the hash rate Huh
Srbotones

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:00:55 AM

We cannot just sit and wait for the next halving time. Bitcoin price is not going rocket just because block reward is halved. We need to maintain a lively bitcoin ecosystem and make bitcoin more desirable for consumers.

i think it will happen naturaly, with so many people buying and holding bitcoins, when the companies realize this huge amount of money stoked with bitcoin users, there will be a "bitcoin rush" (like gold rush) to convince the users to espend this money with their goods.

I don't think it will happen naturaly. It will happen "naturaly" if Bitcoin econmy works well, if people consume goods and services and if people work more and more with Bitcoin.

If you just sit and wait, the "utility value" of a Bitcoin is equal to 0, you have to use it and work with them

well not everyone need to do that, someone can just sit and watch, this what he mean with "naturally"

Yes, of course but "Hodl" cannot be the main trend. Every economy needs movement. You can have a % of your wallet as a saving but like I said, if every one hold their Bitcoins, Bitcoin economy is over in the mid-term and long-term.

"Produce" it by making goods ,services or mining.
Spend it in goods and services.

IMO is the only way to make this work.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:19:27 PM

Just as a reminder for every bitcoin holder.

Gresham's Law: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gresham's_law

"Bad money drives out good"

The devil is in the details.

"This law applies specifically when there are two forms of commodity money in circulation which are required by legal-tender laws to be accepted as having similar face values for economic transactions. The artificially overvalued money tends to drive an artificially undervalued money out of circulation and is a consequence of price control."

Bitcoin is not required to be accepted as legal tender in any country at present, so the theory is irrelevant.

Also, Bitcoin has been much, MUCH higher already and can swing the other way as it is doing - everyone is just speculating right now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:34:09 PM

Consider: Buy and hodl Bitcoin untill next halving time.

FTFY

I wonder why people still want to exchange Bitcoin for fiat money in the future. Bitcoin is superior money.  You don't need fiat when you can buy your stuff with Bitcoin.

Regarding next halving: I predict nothing special will happen to the exchange ratio. This event is known and will have been priced in by the time it takes place.

ya.ya.yo!

I agree. The main reason to have a big part of my savings in fiat is because I need it to invest in the stock market. I'd love to be able to invest directly with BTC.
elise

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:56:39 PM

Short term manipulation, long term increased value is what I see.
kutaka

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:13:50 PM

That is not inefficiensy. It is the result of real changes in valuations from the actors in the market. Do you prefer that some lord decides for you and everybody else what has value?

Bubbles and crashes are one big inefficiency.

Generally, I would say that markets are not efficient at all! And what lord are you talking about? People are stupid enough without lords.
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:24:58 PM

Generally, I would say that markets are not efficient at all! And what lord are you talking about? People are stupid enough without lords.

You're confusing efficient with perfect. The market has proven efficient, if it was inefficient it wouldn't be self-correcting, but that's exactly what crashes are: corrections for when greed outpaces the fundamentals.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:34:34 AM

now is the right time to buy bitcoin, we invest with the hope in some future time the price of bitcoin will be back to normal, for the collector bitcoin, bitcoin you should not sell to the market, because the current price is down, according to analysts, the price of bitcoin will rise again in the near future, hopefully ...  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
kutaka

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:08:59 AM

You're confusing efficient with perfect. The market has proven efficient, if it was inefficient it wouldn't be self-correcting, but that's exactly what crashes are: corrections for when greed outpaces the fundamentals.
Exactly. So, next halving is not completely priced in;)
thew3apon

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:36:21 AM

Miners are dumping bitcoin like crazy, so if the next halving is here then the dumping is half less painful..
GenieBTC

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:38:18 PM

Miners are dumping bitcoin like crazy, so if the next halving is here then the dumping is half less painful..

Yeah, yeah, well Im still holding until early next year.
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:20:02 PM

Buying and holding forever.
pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:09:55 PM

Yeah, yeah, well Im still holding until early next year.

Early 2016 is when the next halving occurs....
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: