Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:21:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GHOST] GhostCoin | Roadmap | Thread Redesign | Bittrex | Bter | 400GH+  (Read 117084 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:25:53 AM

U said 2 scenarios and suggested 3

Sorry, edited.

But those 3 pretty much sum up most scenarious which could have happened.

Not sure who could believe this dev after all this.

Thewolfofcrypto

Activity: 314
Merit: 100

einc.io

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:44:18 AM

Sure I believe the dev  Smiley Aslong as he keeps the thread updated it's all good in my eyes, I have been here for a very long time and I've seen my fair share of scams, devs dont usually bother replying and already have a new coin out by now

AllCoinedUp

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:46:47 AM

Sure I believe the dev  Smiley Aslong as he keeps the thread updated it's all good in my eyes, I have been here for a very long time and I've seen my fair share of scams, devs dont usually bother replying and already have a new coin out by now

+1

Danz0r77

Activity: 574
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:49:41 AM

Holding a few Ghost eh? Wink
hellracer2011

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:57:11 AM

According to CryptoAsian the POD is not done but info was submitted of this dev for the PoD. If it was submitted before this fiasco the dev might be clean but ignorant or naive.He should have done the proper review of the code before copy and paste the clone.
Thewolfofcrypto

Activity: 314

einc.io

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:14:01 AM

Sure I believe the dev  Smiley Aslong as he keeps the thread updated it's all good in my eyes, I have been here for a very long time and I've seen my fair share of scams, devs dont usually bother replying and already have a new coin out by now

Holding a few Ghost eh? Wink
Sure i am Smiley But I have learned not to ponder so much when I lose, it's easier to just move on, or in this case wait for a fix Smiley I don't mind bagholding!

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 09:30:26 AM

You guys really think that the dev can code, but he forked a coin that had a scam code built in?

I am terribly sorry for you since he probably bought the coin and got scammed by the actual dev (and can't write a single line of code himself) or he tried to scam you all but couldn't make money of it so now he tries to play the good guy.

Who in their right mind would fork a coin by accident which has malicious code built in?

Keep believing because you hold bags, you'll get scammed again. If a market opens there will be no buy support anyway, so the best you can do is move on.

Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:11:06 AM

so the best you can do is move on.

Maybe you should follow your own advice!
Apparently you have no ghostcoins, so wtf are you doing here other then playing the wise guy who knows it all so perfectly?
Your "input" doesnt bring anything good for all the bagholders, you are only bringing concerns and that is not what community and devs are waiting for at this moment

traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:25:36 AM

Apparently you have no ghostcoins, so wtf are you doing here other then playing the wise guy who knows it all so perfectly?
Your "input" doesnt bring anything good for all the bagholders, you are only bringing concerns and that is not what community and devs are waiting for at this moment

I wanted to stay here and to raise legit questions to the dev who according to himself has nothing to do with the malicious code but is a REAL DEVELOPER.

Also further believing in this dev would just give you false hope and a bigger fall after it.

Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:33:15 AM

I wanted to stay here and to raise legit questions to the dev who according to himself has nothing to do with the malicious code but is a REAL DEVELOPER.

Also further believing in this dev would just give you false hope and a bigger fall after it.

You are the altcoin police or what?
I don't need you to believe or not the dev

mrm00n

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:39:06 AM

I think that his money was lost, so any positive changes have been waiting for.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:42:50 AM

So how long are we waiting? What is the timeframe?
OdinYggd

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:45:37 AM

Developer Announcement -- BlockChain Issues/Shitstorm

All our sincere apologies for the delayed response we are currently in contact with a million people at once trying to sort the shitstorm out and have not had a chance yet to reply on bitcointalk. We are cyptography and cryptocurrency enthusiasts and were contacted by a developer to help create a coin, whom has duped everyone, we are very angered by this and will be doing a hardfork and changing everything over to our control, here is what's happened/going to happen.

• We have changed all the credentials to github, etc.
  • We have been scambling to contact everyone including exchanges and reported the address of the person who did the exploit (he used 1 single address for everything).
  • There will be a hardfork announced where everything ALL ALERT KEYS, SYNC KEYS, etc. will be back under our control.
  • The roadmap will be posted as planned

Again our sincere apologies, the coin has a slightly larger supply now yes, but we have reported the address of the attacker to exchanges and the funds have been frozen, these coins are going to be removed from circulation and have not been dumped. We have not seen any evidence of any mass dumping, props to the exchanges for detecting and stopping the attack.

There will be many more updates to follow as the situation progresses please keep an eye on the OP and thread for more announcements.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=eB0O
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

So you are admitting that you aren't really a Dev at all, because you didn't actually develop this code or you would have known about the exploit before it happened.

No, you're a mere frontman pushing code from someone else. It sounds good in theory, someone with a decent PR talent hiring someone else to make a codebase and then they promote the results, but unless you know and trust the developer you hired this kind of thing can happen.

Sorry, seeing another situation where the 'dev' is just a frontman and nobody knows who the real dev is makes for a highly suspicious situation to me. My vote is that this coin is delisted permanently from bittrex, and that you are barred from ever promoting a coin again.
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:52:04 AM

Developer Announcement -- BlockChain Issues/Shitstorm

All our sincere apologies for the delayed response we are currently in contact with a million people at once trying to sort the shitstorm out and have not had a chance yet to reply on bitcointalk. We are cyptography and cryptocurrency enthusiasts and were contacted by a developer to help create a coin, whom has duped everyone, we are very angered by this and will be doing a hardfork and changing everything over to our control, here is what's happened/going to happen.

• We have changed all the credentials to github, etc.
  • We have been scambling to contact everyone including exchanges and reported the address of the person who did the exploit (he used 1 single address for everything).
  • There will be a hardfork announced where everything ALL ALERT KEYS, SYNC KEYS, etc. will be back under our control.
  • The roadmap will be posted as planned

Again our sincere apologies, the coin has a slightly larger supply now yes, but we have reported the address of the attacker to exchanges and the funds have been frozen, these coins are going to be removed from circulation and have not been dumped. We have not seen any evidence of any mass dumping, props to the exchanges for detecting and stopping the attack.

There will be many more updates to follow as the situation progresses please keep an eye on the OP and thread for more announcements.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iQIcBAEBCgAGBQJUNFWEAAoJED8ERkuh3cc0lS8QAJlAHncDWQ8uXpoCxZVIJwgw
F2xKO2rzYwpxfBNSoGw4JYZKkgGZ6kq6wbsvIvJ86UgDhQ/kYu+RE7wbOHVFkLMx
yl0GCu77laDutLPAVxBgnWjp7P7V/zU4LRZAd7f8RzRLvSDjM9NnclXHkEV0Qw1K
MEG3arzjumElAuXbF6lSN+J3/GOFMBw6j+c9cXjIJWc71Zq7/bAUmhm9xdEWA4gs
BLMQixh6BCWSQsEXXMLH8mYyKlRuEtj+UFxxPp07/T6ZDlRaYi2ZErsJk49WsEt5
s4uTiM6LU+GZZXukwpwzi8C8ZqmZa2l20h72/Qf80ATmy2NTgsPIT6293pv7QYYH
Zk5Ea5QyqHdSiIjyPrTLYI795nnI04HF9QwEP/9IpWX8pZMH1DtMVRR5q/v69j4i
2sHFUU6j3M8+jojBajTcCt14dWoK+hEqAiJ0NknsGb9QXJYI1pJtGi0F1OEaoXlj
GU59gQVnVwhJxZLkMY6JgQZWL+UadAq3mTOGpECfcpWuck4uTzQraVDUxUjS16tL
VruDm9RMqXQ89PNBygocAKAndMoZhiBp6PX6YBJJP/vx6aDVW+7fklA4lKgLrkMN
sGgYGql+k+AYuvtRd/v9ol+WHJZLVbXMjbRYJjORqbn+GzHpPs8fSp4f6YNUKCZn
hDaynUmLGDT49oCQZvWA
=eB0O
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

So you are admitting that you aren't really a Dev at all, because you didn't actually develop this code or you would have known about the exploit before it happened.

No, you're a mere frontman pushing code from someone else. It sounds good in theory, someone with a decent PR talent hiring someone else to make a codebase and then they promote the results, but unless you know and trust the developer you hired this kind of thing can happen.

Sorry, seeing another situation where the 'dev' is just a frontman and nobody knows who the real dev is makes for a highly suspicious situation to me. My vote is that this coin is delisted permanently from bittrex, and that you are barred from ever promoting a coin again.

Implying he is good at PR. Alltogether 10 messages on the ANN which are PGP signed (so pointless) and not a single message while the fudstorm and roller coaster was going on yesterday.

Luckylui

Activity: 154

STILL MISSING MY 12 BTC FROM SCAMOOLAHPAL! >:O

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:52:06 PM

Damn, this coin tanked hardcore. Something wasn't right when coinking started mining it in the first place! Millions of shares and no BLOCKS = FAIL. Good thing I didn't waste my power on this junk during the multipool rotation.

GRN: GcALR1ppyB3hz4J8o9wFRdtFQd7GSA1Ydb / STR: gMZ5pGRzWPg23yBFiN5GTq8Jg8JgpmNrjF
https://www.laxotrade.com/?ref=ReRunRod
https://coinking.io/?r=9974
BTHECREATOR

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:03:04 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 05:49:54 PM by BTHECREATOR

Dev,

I'd like to thank you for staying engaged with this coin. It sounds like you, just like the investors, were duped by a scammer. Your responses to this incident, and your plans to repair and reactivate GHOST, have been articulate and timely. Thank you again for what you're doing.

That said, speaking as a business person, it is absolutely essential that today you do two things. A lot of people have been burned, and in order to create a trust-based relationship trust must be restored (or in this case, earned to begin with).

It is absolutely essential that today:

1) ...you initiate PoD with Crypto Asian. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get the ball rolling ASAP, as well as notify the community via Twitter that conversations have begun. If you don't get this process rolling, well, you're wasting your time.

2) ...you give us, the investors, all personal and contact information you have on the person who duped you. Name, email address/es, IP, whatever you have.

You need to differentiate yourself from the scammer/s, and come into the light.

I expect a response to this post. Please do not ignore these straightforward and sensible requests from the community any longer.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:09:17 PM

1) ...you initiate PoD with Crypto Asian. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to get the ball rolling ASAP, as well as notify the community via Twitter that conversations have begun. If you don't get this process rolling, well, you're wasting your time.

2) ...you give us, the investors, all personal and contact information you have on the person who duped you. Name, email address/es, IP, whatever you have.

1.POD is a load of shit.
2. This is crypto, not a job application.
BTHECREATOR

Activity: 67

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:52:48 PM

It appears as though the right discussions are taking place at the right levels to fix the coin, and reinstate it at Bittrex. It's far from a sure thing at this point, but please see @WhaleZygote on Twitter for the latest info on the dealings around this.
Zombier0

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:00:47 PM

I start to think ipominer does this scams

See pattern
1. New account makes a coin
2. Ipoadds it
3. Bittrex adds
4. Ends as scam

100% scam coins always hit ipominer before bittrex

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 06:04:56 PM

I start to think ipominer does this scams

See pattern
1. New account makes a coin
2. Ipoadds it
3. Bittrex adds
4. Ends as scam

100% scam coins always hit ipominer before bittrex

ipo does not have the necessary, their legit, don't troll/fud

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: