Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:11:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Circle be doing any prime time Television Ad? Here's why they must  (Read 3958 times)
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 04:51:14 AM

Well Circle has not gone full public yet. They're rolling out their service gradually, accepting new members on invitation only atm. I received my invitation to join like 3 weeks ago and I gotta say I'm really impressed with their service. They make it so freaking easy to buy Bitcoin. I've linked my Visa to my account and I can upload money instantly which automatically gets converted to BTC at market rate. You can buy up to $500 worth of BTC per week. I'm pretty sure they'll start advertising properly once they are fully open to the public. They're gonna be a massive hit for sure  Smiley

huh they went full live yesterday? anyone can sign up now ?

My bad. I just checked the site and it looks like they have indeed opened up completely to the public. Guys seriously, Circle is a nobrainer. It's the easiest way to buy Bitcoin instantly and their fee is very reasonable too. Just link up your card and you're good to go. They send sms confirmation to your phone too for 2 factor auth  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RappingSniper (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:28:55 AM

How do those people in other countries get their money out then? You buy BTC instantly now in the US with a credit card, send the BTC to another address, and your aunt in a small town in Nepal does what exactly with it?
darthcoin

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 09:14:09 AM

There's no question that Circle, Coinbase, and others have advertising plans. Encouragement is always great though, including this post if it gets enough attention and shows up on the top here. The best companies in the Bitcoin space are patient and calculated.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:28:54 AM

With all due respect, what planet are you living on that Television commercials are "old" to you?  Are you serious?  Do you know why they cost so much?   Because they reach tens of millions of people, all at the same time, and they are effective.  

Bitcoin has been nothing but "social media and memes" for the last 5 years and look where we are today with consumer adoption.   ZILCH.  

Nobody knows a damn thing about it *because* its just all of us circle jerking on YouTube and Discussion Forums.

The real advertisers advertise on television.  Anyone who thinks advertising on youtube is more effective than a prime time television ad ... well ... holy crap how out of touch can you get?

-B-

I understand you point, but there are a growing number of people that just don't watch TV anymore.  Well.... not traditional TV.  They might have Apple TV or Netflix. 

I am kind of an outlier because of my position, but I stopped watching TV years ago.  I think there are not many of us, but we are growing. 

But yes, definitely TV is still the best medium for advertisement.  I think that might change in 10-20 years

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 10:42:20 AM

I think international remittance will definitely be one of the killer apps of Bitcoin. There was actually a good reddit post/comment about it yesterday (see http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2hsj38/holy_smokes_bitcoin_im_freaking_outand_western)

I think international remittance will be the first killer use of Bitcoin.  International wires can eat as much as 5% in fees and it will take days.  I am sure major players like Coinbase and Circle can get this down to 0.5%-2% in the next couple of years.  Coinbase has already expanded to 13 European countries in just the last couple of weeks.  For anybody who is living half their time in Europe and half their time in the US, they can now get money from a Euro bank account to a US bank account (or vice versa) via Coinbase much easier, faster, and cheaper.  And who doesn't want to send money easier, faster and cheaper.  Somebody who gets paid in Euro, but needs USD can now get their Euros to USD via there iphone app in a very short time with small fees. When this catches on I think Bitcoin will see a big boom. 

The next step is expanding to Asia.  When Coinbase (or other similar company) is in Asia, then they will be able to spread the Bitcoin network across the three major concentrations of wealth in the world (Europe, North America, and Asia). 

International remittances is the easiest way for bitcoin to have a major presence in a certain area of the economy.  After that, then I think having shops accept bitcoin is the next step. 

My poor family member overseas needs money.  So instead of Western Union or a bank wire, I send bitcoin.  Normally they would have to turn this into cash to go shopping (losing 1%) but what if the store they are shopping in accepts bitcoin.  Then they just pay with bitcoin directly.  It is for this reason that I think that international remittance as a killer feature of bitcoin will drive shops into taking it even more than they do now and that eventually bitcoin will be come a real currency.   

fabiola!

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:18:01 PM

With all due respect, what planet are you living on that Television commercials are "old" to you?  Are you serious?  Do you know why they cost so much?   Because they reach tens of millions of people, all at the same time, and they are effective.  

Bitcoin has been nothing but "social media and memes" for the last 5 years and look where we are today with consumer adoption.   ZILCH.  

Nobody knows a damn thing about it *because* its just all of us circle jerking on YouTube and Discussion Forums.

The real advertisers advertise on television.  Anyone who thinks advertising on youtube is more effective than a prime time television ad ... well ... holy crap how out of touch can you get?

-B-

I understand you point, but there are a growing number of people that just don't watch TV anymore.  Well.... not traditional TV.  They might have Apple TV or Netflix.  

I am kind of an outlier because of my position, but I stopped watching TV years ago.  I think there are not many of us, but we are growing.  

But yes, definitely TV is still the best medium for advertisement.  I think that might change in 10-20 years

@Bittburger. I agree with your point, you didn't read my post properly you moron Smiley What I meant is TV commercials are NOT THE ONLY WAY ANYMORE. There are cheaper ways like, I was thinking about Pr stunts, making it into the news or something big time, with very little cost. Do you even know what a Pr stunt is? All we need is a great idea and we're good to go.
Pls read my post again, I already said I wasn't expecting youtube "viral gimmiks", flash mobs or kitten memes.

@Jabo38 you're right, lots of ppl dont watch tv anymore. But Tv is still the best way to reach a wide audience. However, ads... they cost a lot of money, which we don't have. I say we come up with a Pr stunt, am I the only person on here who's aware of what Pr stunts can do? Is anyone else on here experienced Pr-wise? Guyssss, have a little faith, Pr stunts are the way forward. Thanks to the internet and networking we can organize something for no money, we just need everyone to come up with some cool random ideas, come on guys.
x
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:21:59 PM

you didn't read my post properly you moron

Your social skills are embarrassing.

Do you even know what a Pr stunt is?

No.  Im a moron remember?

What I meant is TV commercials are NOT THE ONLY WAY ANYMORE.

And?  This thread is about crowd funding a TV commercial.  Everybody already knows "there are other ways".  

Do you even know what crowd funding is?

If you want to make a Circle PR stunt thread, be my guest.  

I promise I wont go into it and hijack it by babbling about every irrelevant exception I can think of, just so I can feel smart.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
fabiola!

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 10:52:04 PM

you didn't read my post properly you moron

Your social skills are embarrassing.

Do you even know what a Pr stunt is?

No.  Im a moron remember?

What I meant is TV commercials are NOT THE ONLY WAY ANYMORE.

And?  This thread is about crowd funding a TV commercial.  Everybody already knows "there are other ways".  

Do you even know what crowd funding is?

If you want to make a Circle PR stunt thread, be my guest.  

I promise I wont go into it and hijack it by babbling about every irrelevant exception I can think of, just so I can feel smart.

-B-

It was just a term of endearment u silly hedgehog
X
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:47:44 PM

fabiola.. read back to my earlier post about PR stunts

PR stunts
EG
take redbulls 'stratos' event (sky diving from space), which was world wide coverage and a multiple hour event. not simply a 45 second TV advert repeated 10 times during superbowl.

redbull also had over sporting events on that same year so the increased sales due to awareness of redbull because of just the sky dive may be less then financial results. year-on-year.

well here are the financial results of redbull PRODUCT SALES
they only had a 3.1% rise in product sales after the skydive (difference of 2012(pre skydive) and 2013(post skydive)).

bitcoins market cap and/or singular price varies by more than 3% each day/week without businesses needing to spend large amounts on advertising.

please do not concentrate on "we need to advertise" or "we need to get btc price to rise".

before even thinking about advertising OR a possible small 3% rise, please think about WHO should be advertising, WHAT Benefits the advert/PR stunt wil bring the customer (yes ignore bitcoins price and think about the customer(the sales pitch)) When it will be best to advertise to general public (again ignore the price, think about the benefits to the customer) WHY the general public will be interested (again forget about the price rise and think about the customer).

bitcoin is still in innovation stage. can you honestly say that bitcoin is ready for average joe to be at a 2% risk of loss buying in now or a 50-50 risk of loss. can you honestly say that bitcoin is ready for average joe to buy anything in their local walmart/7-11, or would it just feel like a gimmick.

dont get me wrong, i love bitcoin. i get paid in bitcoin, i have encouraged my local shops and bars to accept it so that my whole life is in bitcoin. im a true bitcoiner. i know the potential growth, i know the current and future benefits of bitcoin.

but that does not mean that i or you should not be rational and continue to innovate and time the PR work for the right time where bitcoin is self sustaining economy.
most posts i read about advertising is about greed. 1. someone being greedy wanting to be the fund manager(to then run off rich) 2.all the other people shouting lets advertise care about is a quick spike to cash out and then run back to fiat land.

bitcoin is not a get rich quick marketting scheme. its a whole new currency and an internet nation (of sorts). so lets concentrate on its strengths more before pushing it onto people who dont know or will have headaches right now

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 03:59:30 AM

-B-

I understand you point, but there are a growing number of people that just don't watch TV anymore.  Well.... not traditional TV.  They might have Apple TV or Netflix. 

I am kind of an outlier because of my position, but I stopped watching TV years ago.  I think there are not many of us, but we are growing. 

But yes, definitely TV is still the best medium for advertisement.  I think that might change in 10-20 years
Unless you are advertising on something that is highly anticipated and will primarily be watched live, advertising on TV is not a good investment anymore. There are too many services that allow you to record TV shows and skip commercials, either systematically or manually.

I think the circle will likely want to use word of mouth as much as they can to grow their user base as they have delayed their launch to the public to increase anticipation of their services

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:12:52 AM

-B-

I understand you point, but there are a growing number of people that just don't watch TV anymore.  Well.... not traditional TV.  They might have Apple TV or Netflix.  

I am kind of an outlier because of my position, but I stopped watching TV years ago.  I think there are not many of us, but we are growing.  

But yes, definitely TV is still the best medium for advertisement.  I think that might change in 10-20 years
Unless you are advertising on something that is highly anticipated and will primarily be watched live, advertising on TV is not a good investment anymore. There are too many services that allow you to record TV shows and skip commercials, either systematically or manually.

I think the circle will likely want to use word of mouth as much as they can to grow their user base as they have delayed their launch to the public to increase anticipation of their services

redbull stratos was a live event that lasted hours of promotion and millions of viewers. the result was only a 3% growth of cans of redbull sold.. proof that TV is not as powerful as the 1990's.

TV only works on the weak minded people like old grannies on the shopping channel and children on mtv.

with that said coinbase is not advertising on shopping channels or normal prime TV channels. instead they know bitcoin is in the phase one innovation and investment stage, so right now they are talking to places like Bloomberg magazine.

right now promotions should be aimed at merchants and investment, not everyday joe bloggs who will just get pissy that they cant use bitcoin at 7-11 or walmart or amazon.. much like the latest influx of noobs are doing right now in the last 6 months.

bitcoin is not ready for the mad rush of noob average joes. they will all end up disappointed as they dont realise bitcoin is still in the innovation stage

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:52:25 AM

redbull stratos was a live event that lasted hours of promotion and millions of viewers. the result was only a 3% growth of cans of redbull sold.. proof that TV is not as powerful as the 1990's.

I would tend to call 3% of 4.25 Billion dollars a significant number.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
fabiola!

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:25:54 AM

-B-

TV only works on the weak minded people like old grannies on the shopping channel and children on mtv.

with that said coinbase is not advertising on shopping channels or normal prime TV channels. instead they know bitcoin is in the phase one innovation and investment stage, so right now they are talking to places like Bloomberg magazine.

right now promotions should be aimed at merchants and investment, not everyday joe bloggs who will just get pissy that they cant use bitcoin at 7-11 or walmart or amazon.. much like the latest influx of noobs are doing right now in the last 6 months.

bitcoin is not ready for the mad rush of noob average joes. they will all end up disappointed as they dont realise bitcoin is still in the innovation stage

I get everyone's point on here, and I think you're all sort of right one way or another.
Ads cost a lot, and maybe the world is not ready yet, alright.
But would it hurt to come up with some ideas for Pr stunts? Many Pr stunts are praticallly free, so no need to appoint a fund manager. No risk at all. Come on, I'm sure you guys can think of a few random ideas?
a447513372

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:40:45 AM

-B-

I get everyone's point on here, and I think you're all sort of right one way or another.
Ads cost a lot, and maybe the world is not ready yet, alright.
But would it hurt to come up with some ideas for Pr stunts? Many Pr stunts are praticallly free, so no need to appoint a fund manager. No risk at all. Come on, I'm sure you guys can think of a few random ideas?

Most PR stunts typically include the giving away of something for free to people, and generally will need to be advertised in some way in order to get people to find out about them.

IMO it is best to spread the word via word of mouth as people that are satisfied will spread the good news to people that are trusted by them while people may not trust what they read/hear/see in an advertisement

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
fabiola!

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 09:22:43 PM

Most PR stunts typically include the giving away of something for free to people, and generally will need to be advertised in some way in order to get people to find out about them.

IMO it is best to spread the word via word of mouth as people that are satisfied will spread the good news to people that are trusted by them while people may not trust what they read/hear/see in an advertisement

Include the giving away of something? not really. It doesn't have to. at all.
Window2Wall

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:13:16 AM

-B-

A 3% rise in sales is not small amount. This is not a low goal for a company to have for their growth rate in sales, especially for a company with an established product like red bull. What you should look at is the ROI of the ad, as in how much additional profit it generated for the company verses how much the ad cost verses the company's cost of funds.

Circle appears to be operating on thin margins so I doubt that spending a lot of advertisement would be profitable for them
sandykho47

Activity: 252

Knowledge its everything

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:45:18 AM

I think they will advertising on some media (But not on TV, because it's too expensive)
Because they have very good service  Smiley

And maybe will help BTC price up

Kemampuanku Tidak semua orang memiliki dan dapat melakukannya . Tidak memakan kaum sendiri . dan mempunyai kode etik yang tidak masuk akal.
BTCmoons

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

I think they will advertising on some media (But not on TV, because it's too expensive)
Because they have very good service  Smiley

And maybe will help BTC price up

TV advertising is generally the most efficient in terms of the percentage of people who actually pay attention to the advertisement. It is expensive in whole terms because you will need to reach a large number of people in all circumstances.

I think they will most likely rely on word of mouth for their initial growth, just as coinbase did and how most other exchanges have done
Get.BTC.Now

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

★☆★ dont let others hurt your sk

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:13:37 PM

Bitcoin should also advertise themselves on national TV
fabiola!

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 06:56:46 PM

Bitcoin should also advertise themselves on national TV

That's what we've been talking bout all along, except it's a bit expensive, so a PR stunt is probably a better/ cheaper option.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: