Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:56:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This is becoming ridiculous  (Read 2026 times)
bitcool (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:32:16 PM

Every day I wake up seeing more news on Bitcoin adoption, and yet everyday I go to sleep knowing btc price is lower. Unreal.

$381 on bitcoinaverage now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Darkmatter12

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:33:32 PM

Every day I wake up seeing more news on Bitcoin adoption, and yet everyday I go to sleep knowing btc price is lower. Unreal.

Just give it some time, you need patience if you want something.  Wink
bitcool (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:41:02 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/predicting-bitcoins-next-price-rise/

Just look at the negativity of the comment section, those btc bashers come out of the woodwork in droves. For god's sake that's coindesk! Just by reading that, I know the bottom is near.

Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 01:46:59 PM

It's always funny to read the comments of those technically challenged people who are still stuck in the thinking that bitcoins are worthless because they have no physical form. Often times I skip the article just to read the comments.

edit:
Quote from: RV • 13 hours ago
I'm so glad I paid no attention to my BTC loving friends who tried to get me to join in on this scam at $950 BTC. They did nothing but ridicule me after I presented various logical arguments for why this was a bad investment. I predicted that merchants getting in on this would hamper, not help BTC because they would immediately sell the BTC since for most, it isn't feasible to hold onto multiple currencies for accounting and/or legal reasons. Instead, all I got during that time from my friends as well as from online posters is ridicule. Who's the laughing stock now? I'm glad I'm not the one holding the bag.

Many people hope so bad that bitcoin would fail because they have been stupid enough to make this whole thing a question of them being idiots or not. If bitcoin succeeds so many people will have to eat their own words. Major butthurt epidemic is coming soon.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:50:38 PM

Just look at the negativity of the comment section, those btc bashers come out of the woodwork in droves. For god's sake that's coindesk! Just by reading that, I know the bottom is near.

Don't forget the probability that some of those commenters are paid trolls.  I truly believe that the media war against bitcoin has only just begun, and certain powers-that-be are have incentive to hold back bitcoin's progress while mindshare is still small and easily swayed/managed.  However, they won't be able to do this forever.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 01:53:56 PM

Don't forget the probability that some of those commenters are paid trolls.  I truly believe that the media war against bitcoin has only just begun, and certain powers-that-be are have incentive to hold back bitcoin's progress while mindshare is still small and easily swayed/managed.  However, they won't be able to do this forever.

So, again I'm quoting Max Planck on this...
Quote from: Max Planck
A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.

It's good to have these banksters commiting suicides and what not but there are still many old men left to die so that bitcoin would face a fair evaluation that is not contaminated by the agenda of the current ruling elite.

arieq

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 01:56:16 PM

What do you think it will take to get back to $1000? fall in the stock market? amazon news? people dumping alibaba and buying btc?

It will be amazing if btc jump back to $1000, and we will be remembering when it was under $400 Smiley

ravenjt

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:00:11 PM

It's good to have these banksters commiting suicides and what not but there are still many old men left to die so that bitcoin would face a fair evaluation that is not contaminated by the agenda of the current ruling elite.

But the 'banksters' have not seen the value of their assets fall by over 50% since the start of the year. I suspect it is not them who are considering a bit of clog popping at this time.
Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 02:02:56 PM

What do you think it will take to get back to $1000? fall in the stock market? amazon news? people dumping alibaba and buying btc?

It will be amazing if btc jump back to $1000, and we will be remembering when it was under $400 Smiley

speaking of alibaba... what if the china people dumped their BTC to pump up the alibaba just before westerners were able to buy in. now the Chinese will dump the alibaba, westerners will lose money big time and Chinise will jump into bitcoin again.

Hyena
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 02:04:41 PM

But the 'banksters' have not seen the value of their assets fall by over 50% since the start of the year. I suspect it is not them who are considering a bit of clog popping at this time.

Does not compute. Check the syntax or something.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:10:43 PM

It used to be 480 a couple of weeks ago...

bitcool (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:18:51 PM

With this kind of sentiment, none of those can make that much difference. However statistics tells me it's probably due time for another currency event.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

What do you think it will take to get back to $1000?

A healthy completion of wave C, with lots of volume, that will allow many coins to be removed from the market at low prices.
Then many months of grinding upwards, unless there will be some equivalent to the Chinese buying spree of late 2013.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 02:33:36 PM

may be it is making a bottom before it skyrocket  Shocked
or some big whales are dumping it so that they can buy at cheap price
well just wait and watch   Roll Eyes
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:48:01 PM

How much longer is the question.
It has been a slow, grinding path on the way down.

zoinky

Activity: 811

Web Developer

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 06:51:38 PM

How much longer is the question.
It has been a slow, grinding path on the way down.

Market can be irrational longer than you can remain solvent.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:02:37 PM

Part of it is our community's own fault. The alt-coin circus is an embarrassment to bitcoin, and to serious professionals on the outskirts of the bitcoin ecosystem, it looks like what is: children playing a penny-ante game of chicken. Many people with reasonable intellect and reputations to protect don't want anything to do with shenanigans like that, so they opt out of taking a deeper look.

Additionally, the app-coin hype has caused a whole bunch of broad enthusiasm for "block chain technology" in general, while *explicitly* dis-avowing bitcoin as a currency. I think that's a fad borne of ignorance, but it's nonetheless common to hear people on the fringes of the bitcoin ecosystem talk (ignorantly) about "beyond bitcoin" - people who otherwise might focus their budding interest on obtaining/holding/using bitcoin.

At some point, the reality that bitcoin's biggest app is money (in anything resembling the near/medium term), and that it is a fundamental and unprecedented advance in money, will snap back into focus. But it may be a while yet.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

Part of it is our community's own fault. The alt-coin circus is an embarrassment to bitcoin, and to serious professionals on the outskirts of the bitcoin ecosystem, it looks like what is: children playing a penny-ante game of chicken. Many people with reasonable intellect and reputations to protect don't want anything to do with shenanigans like that, so they opt out of taking a deeper look.

Additionally, the app-coin hype has caused a whole bunch of broad enthusiasm for "block chain technology" in general, while *explicitly* dis-avowing bitcoin as a currency. I think that's a fad borne of ignorance, but it's nonetheless common to hear people on the fringes of the bitcoin ecosystem talk (ignorantly) about "beyond bitcoin" - people who otherwise might focus their budding interest on obtaining/holding/using bitcoin.

At some point, the reality that bitcoin's biggest app is money (in anything resembling the near/medium term), and that it is a fundamental and unprecedented advance in money, will snap back into focus. But it may be a while yet.

i used to think Vitalik was a help to the community when he was sticking to writing articles for Bitcoin Magazine.

now i think he's a hindrance especially when he goes around saying that Bitcoin is "unfair".   alot of Wall St pros apparently loved his presentation yesterday and think he's smart.  he is smart but ecnomically misguided as i've pointed out numerous times in my gold thread.

oh well, as i'm fond of saying, "MOST investors in the cryptocurrency space (incl Wall St types) will lose money".
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:43:24 PM

i used to think Vitalik was a help to the community when he was sticking to writing articles for Bitcoin Magazine.

now i think he's a hindrance especially when he goes around saying that Bitcoin is "unfair".   alot of Wall St pros apparently loved his presentation yesterday and think he's smart.  he is smart but ecnomically misguided as i've pointed out numerous times in my gold thread.

oh well, as i'm fond of saying, "MOST investors in the cryptocurrency space (incl Wall St types) will lose money".

One's losses are other's gains. The more shitcoin's supporters  the better.
Robert Paulson

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2014, 08:45:08 PM

which is exactly why this is an amazing opportunity which might not return.
the market is currently irrational, reality will set in eventually bringing the price much higher.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: