Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:38:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251179 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Shoma

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 08:51:08 PM

I try several times with and without bootstrap and it always stuck. With bootstrap it stuck at 360751 block and i have 6 active connections. Im on linux.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 09:12:18 PM

I try several times with and without bootstrap and it always stuck. With bootstrap it stuck at 360751 block and i have 6 active connections. Im on linux.

Hmm,  Is everyone on current version? I'm getting 30+ connections

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 07:06:07 AM

If you close the wallet at block 360751 when it is stuck, and then re-open it again. does it continue?
Can you please PM me a part of the debug log where it got stuck?

Oizo
Banger42

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 11:07:59 AM

The xwc price is falling and falling.  Huh
Are there any news?

Thanks
Banger
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 05:38:23 PM

The xwc price is falling and falling.  Huh
Are there any news?

Thanks
Banger
Keep buying, WhiteOS alone proves the competency and potential of XWC.
alt19

Activity: 328

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

is there any difference between WC and XWC?

$2,415 WC/BTC trading volume over the last 30 days
Banger42

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 03:18:22 PM

is there any difference between WC and XWC?

$2,415 WC/BTC trading volume over the last 30 days

No, there is no difference between WC and XWC.
Bittrex has changed the symbol to XWC, Cryptsy has not until now :-)
Maybe we should ask them again to do this.

Banger
blitzkitten

Activity: 483

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:20:14 PM

G'day whitecoiners,

Just wondering if anyone has a method for consolidating deposits for staking purposes?

As realised quite some time ago by someone (cbf going back through the forum to check) each time you stake it seems to split in 2 for the next time it stakes

I'm now at a point where I need to be connected 24/7 or i've got so many transactions that there aren't enough blocks in the chain to maintain speed with the staking.

So if anyone has any bright ideas on how to consolidate the transactions to improve the staking that would be a great help.

Cheers

Blitz
neoxxx

Activity: 351

Source of knowledge is experience. A.E.

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 06:52:15 PM

Guys, have any solution for the falling ?

XWC need new energy to develop and promote itself, otherwise be earmarked to zero price.. Tongue
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:17:05 PM

Guys, have any solution for the falling ?

XWC need new energy to develop and promote itself, otherwise be earmarked to zero price.. Tongue

Cmon with the short sighted comments, price is falling as are most alts because BTC is rising.
Not really worried about price TBH as dev is active with both Whitecoin & WhiteOS
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:51:03 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 11:14:03 PM by CryptoJohn

Much thanks to Oizo for helping with wallet issues.

XWC FTW

Oizopower

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:11:54 PM

Hello fellow Whitecoiners !

It’s hard to believe that we are already 1,5 year in the digital world, most of you know still know me from the early days. when a group has taken over Whitecoin (Mogonzo and his team). I was not part of the crew immediately but I always liked the community and the idea to take over Whitecoin.

After helping everybody out on IRC and in the forum I joined the newly formed team and started continuing my hobby there. I have seen a lot of people coming and going in the core team. But I always made one promise back in the early days to the community. “As long as there is a community I am willing to help Whitecoin and continue developing it where I can”.

A week ago devoti0n told me that he left the cryptocurrency world for a while because of all the poisoning that is being done to this wonderful new technology. This is making the current team very small.

Most of you know I’m not a hard core wallet (block chain) developer but I have my specializations in other stuff around cryptocurrency’s and able to do some small wallet changes. For now we are in need of people that are willing to reach out and help us/me to get going with my side projects for Whitecoin. I have some stuff that needs to be done to our wallet but this is going above my head and requires a lot of work. For example, for my latest project we need to port it to the latest Bitcoin like code.

I’ve got a lot of ideas that I’m willing to create for Whitecoin, but I cannot manage to do it alone. As many of you know I’m working (more than) full time in my regular life and got a wonderful family to maintain. I have never asked for money or donations while creating things (only got a few, maybe 20 bucks out of Whitecoin in 1,5 year). All I want for Whitecoin is to be a great coin with lots of potentials.

The last few months have been hard on me regarding my free time, but I’m still very committed to be active in Whitecoin. The price on the exchanges may be depressing now, but my guess is that people are starting to cash out to buy bitcoin again.

Since the beginning of Whitecoin, I have never sold any XWC on the exchanges and still have them all staking inside my wallet, compared to some players it’s not much but it’ll do for me J

My unfinished projects for Whitecoin now are the following:

• Universal Payment method for real in store payments.
  • Completely redoing WhiteOS to create an even more and secure system that is more lightweight.
  • Default modules for most web shops that enable to pay XWC
  • Complete new website for Whitecoin with more information

The other points that are still open needs help from more people, which I cannot do alone.

• Smart Contracts
  • Reduce Confirmation Times
  • Built in Voting App
  • Known User Transactions

Hope you all understand folks, it just has been to long that I wrote something here. But nevertheless I will not stop or abandon Whitecoin.

Cheers!

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:22:11 AM

G'day whitecoiners,

Just wondering if anyone has a method for consolidating deposits for staking purposes?

As realised quite some time ago by someone (cbf going back through the forum to check) each time you stake it seems to split in 2 for the next time it stakes

I'm now at a point where I need to be connected 24/7 or i've got so many transactions that there aren't enough blocks in the chain to maintain speed with the staking.

So if anyone has any bright ideas on how to consolidate the transactions to improve the staking that would be a great help.

Cheers

Blitz

you can send them to your own address, thats the only way to consolidate i know of Smiley

I'm assuming that using that method will reset the holding time? As in i'd have to hold them for a minimum period again before they stake again:?
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 06:26:57 AM

Hope you all understand folks, it just has been to long that I wrote something here. But nevertheless I will not stop or abandon Whitecoin.

Cheers!

Everyone can read what you wrote so i'll cut to the kudos.

Always great to know you're here and committed to the community and I think I can speak for all and say that we appreciate the voluntary work you do for the coin and community.

It's good to hear that you've got some things you're tinkering with and I look forward to what comes next.

Thanks again Oizo!

+1
Banger42

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:14:21 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 09:40:37 PM by Banger42

Cheers!

Everyone can read what you wrote so i'll cut to the kudos.

Always great to know you're here and committed to the community and I think I can speak for all and say that we appreciate the voluntary work you do for the coin and community.

It's good to hear that you've got some things you're tinkering with and I look forward to what comes next.

Thanks again Oizo!

+1

+1
I want to thank you too.
Great work!

Banger
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 12:08:26 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2015, 12:22:22 AM by blitzkitten

yes it will reset the time so its best to consolidate after you've staked
usually i consolidate like once in a month or two just to keep from getting flooded Smiley

Cheers, thanks for that, i'll do that now. I'm at the point where it's staking on old stakes and giving tiny rewards so losing some staking for a month will probably be insignificant.

So, I tried to send it to the same wallet address the coins were originally in, it gave an error.

Do I need a second wallet address?
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 04:29:32 AM

yes it will reset the time so its best to consolidate after you've staked
usually i consolidate like once in a month or two just to keep from getting flooded Smiley

Cheers, thanks for that, i'll do that now. I'm at the point where it's staking on old stakes and giving tiny rewards so losing some staking for a month will probably be insignificant.

So, I tried to send it to the same wallet address the coins were originally in, it gave an error.

Do I need a second wallet address?

yes, create a second recieving addy, then every day send x amt. to yourself. sending smaller amts over days-month will spread staking accordingly when the blocks mature

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:19:29 PM

i use the same address, error you encountered might be because of the amount of inputs in your attempted transaction, try sending in smaller chunks until its consolidated
i think i had trouble sending when i had thousands of inputs in a single transaction

Well I think that's worked... I paid a fee for doing the transaction but nothing else has changed, no withdrawal or deposit has happened. Final balance is the same

Is that what I should expect to happen?
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 12:03:38 AM

i use the same address, error you encountered might be because of the amount of inputs in your attempted transaction, try sending in smaller chunks until its consolidated
i think i had trouble sending when i had thousands of inputs in a single transaction

Well I think that's worked... I paid a fee for doing the transaction but nothing else has changed, no withdrawal or deposit has happened. Final balance is the same

Is that what I should expect to happen?

there's an advanced setting where you can see the number of inputs for each address
its under send tab/inputs but has to be enabled in settings/options/display/coin control features

Well thanks very much for the help, I'm still unsure if I've done it right.

I sent to my original wallet address and it paid a fee for the transaction but nothing else changed..

I then made a new address and sent another amount to that wallet to see if anything different would happen..

In both cases a fee was paid for doing the transaction but there is no evidence of a withdrawal or deposit other than that.

So i'm not sure if either has worked or both :S
blitzkitten

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 02:17:17 AM

just take a look at the inputs, if there's only one then its all fine
otherwise there would still be hundreds or thousands inputs Smiley

Ahh! nice one, that clears things up a lot. thanks for that, still thousands of inputs in my primary address but thats pretty understandable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: