Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:32:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251180 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 06:24:25 PM

Merry Christmas from the Whitecoin team!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

2017 has been huge for Whitecoin and the crypto space, we're glad to have been a part of it and that you've joined us on the journey this year.
We hope everybody has a happy, safe and merry Christmas and look forward to another great year in 2018.

Whitecoin exists and has grown because of your support which we are incredibly grateful for and we hope everyone joins us again next year!

Thankyou!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
planeswalker

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 09:00:30 AM

Hi,

I have a desktop wallet of whitecoin from 3 years ago and forgot about it.
It looks like there has been a fork and so I am lost.

How do I get my wallet going with the whitecoin in my wallet?

Any help would be really appreciated

I'm in the same boat. I have an old wallet from 2014 from when I worked on some of the original XWC retro artwork. I thought I had sold them but turns out I have quite a few. Like 500k Shocked

Looking back a few pages seems like there was a swap? Any way to get going again? I'm willing to pay a commission if somebody can help me out.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat.  (I know I am.)  They mined a bunch, forgot about it, and now are stuck.  With the recent crytpo craze going on, would be nice to possible revisit some sort of recovery of old coins, but probably wont happen.  I know i was extremely pissed off to learn about what happened.
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:00:52 PM

Hi,

I have a desktop wallet of whitecoin from 3 years ago and forgot about it.
It looks like there has been a fork and so I am lost.

How do I get my wallet going with the whitecoin in my wallet?

Any help would be really appreciated

I'm in the same boat. I have an old wallet from 2014 from when I worked on some of the original XWC retro artwork. I thought I had sold them but turns out I have quite a few. Like 500k Shocked

Looking back a few pages seems like there was a swap? Any way to get going again? I'm willing to pay a commission if somebody can help me out.

I think a lot of people are in the same boat.  (I know I am.)  They mined a bunch, forgot about it, and now are stuck.  With the recent crytpo craze going on, would be nice to possible revisit some sort of recovery of old coins, but probably wont happen.  I know i was extremely pissed off to learn about what happened.

Hi all, sorry for the late reply but it seems all I do at the moment is answer this same question again and again..

Coins that were not swapped cannot be swapped now. The excess coins from the swap period were burned to maintain a level of integrity as to not be seen to be profiteering from the swap.

This means that nothing can be done to swap old coins for new coins.

We understand that people are wanting their old 'forgotten' coins now that XWC has had a fantastic resurgence after years of hard work, unfortunately the coin swap was pressed upon us... Fundamentally because of issues with the blockchain. Bittrex (the only exchange we were on at the time) gave us the ultimatum to upgrade or disappear, so in a short time frame action had to be taken.

It was either do a coin swap and upgrade the blockchain or be de-listed from the only exchange we were on and therefore disappear.

Although I understand that people are very disappointed/angry that their 'pay day' isn't coming, part of the problem is that PoS requires people to stake to work... part of the reason for needing to do the swap was to have a PoS system which could operate with less people staking, so unfortunately 'forgetting' about your coins was a reason for instability and a trigger to the coin swap.

- Blitz
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:39:20 AM

Is there a detailed instruction set for setting up a white node on a R Pi? Also would appreciate instruction on how to import existing wallet.dat to stake from Pi instead of comp.

win7 64

Thanks,
john
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:22:37 AM

Is there a detailed instruction set for setting up a white node on a R Pi? Also would appreciate instruction on how to import existing wallet.dat to stake from Pi instead of comp.

win7 64

Thanks,
john

Almost, the great majority of it has been completed just a couple of details are needed to be finalised before it is out...

I'll hassle up those in charge to get it moving ASAP!

If you'd like some real time support jump on the Discord

- Blitz
krostue

Activity: 186
Merit: 120

post history is my own and doesn't represent other

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 03:01:32 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 12:10:57 AM by krostue

what a wonderful predicament we all seem to be in. If only the window of three months was a bit bigger or advertised better. When is there going to be Whitecoin Classic? heh. Lesson learned. Thanks "XWhiteCoin"

my first musical NFT on namecoin m/eow was registered in 2014. my specialization is cryptoart and my preferred platform is CounterParty Feel free to give feedback on the Treatise on cyproart I wrote in 2019, well before the NFT hype-train pulled into town. This Gallery includes multiple works made by, with or for me. for sale @ ethereum.properties : ethereum.training ethereum.contractors ethereum.computer ethereum.systems ethereum.training ethereum.support ethereum.solutions list obo
Coinhouse.eu

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 03:20:42 PM

Hello Whitecoin Community,

We have listed Whitecoin on our exchange https://coinhouse.eu

https://coinhouse.eu/markets/xwcbtc

iff you have any difficulty's or any other questions please contact us on https://coinhouse.freshdesk.com

Please follow us @ https://twitter.com/Coinhouseu

Hope to welcome you all soon,

Team coinhouse.
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:20:29 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2017, 05:41:47 AM by WhitecoinFoundation

iff you have any difficulty's or any other questions please contact us on https://coinhouse.freshdesk.com

Team coinhouse.

Excellent!

Thank you very much!

I shall let the wider community know

If our $XWC twitter tag didn't get spammed so much I would have realised sooner!
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:01:20 PM

I think the news is grim for the "old" wallet holders.

It is unfortunate but I'm still amazed that someone would disappear completely after being involved enough "back in the day" as to own anything. I tweeted, linkedin and even facebooked about the swap because I've been there and it sucks.

I would wait for the "official word" before breaking down though.
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:18:14 AM

I think the news is grim for the "old" wallet holders.

It is unfortunate but I'm still amazed that someone would disappear completely after being involved enough "back in the day" as to own anything. I tweeted, linkedin and even facebooked about the swap because I've been there and it sucks.

I would wait for the "official word" before breaking down though.

The "official word" has been given numerous times on this and the past few pages...

I think people keep asking hoping that the "official word" will change, unfortunately it won't
getwo

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:58:24 PM

what do you think guys about this project for long term investment?

For me the answer is: NEVER!   Maybe tomorrow, this "Foundation" destroys your coins like they did to so many people.  For me that is not acceptable.  Wont be forgotten!

Because there would have been other possibilities for saving the most of the early ones and only destroy just some. The swaplist is not big. For my opinion they kicked out 90% of the early people.

NO WONDER #xwc is spammed !  Uhhh how bad is that! 

Team coinhouse.

Excellent!

Thank you very much!

I shall let the wider community know

If our $XWC twitter tag didn't get spammed so much I would have realised sooner!

tssss
CryptoJohn
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:20:10 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 09:32:40 PM by CryptoJohn

For me the answer is: NEVER!   Maybe tomorrow, this "Foundation" destroys your coins like they did to so many people.  For me that is not acceptable.  Wont be forgotten!

Because there would have been other possibilities for saving the most of the early ones and only destroy just some. The swaplist is not big. For my opinion they kicked out 90% of the early people.

another noob with 12 posts but he has XWC from a couple years ago....whatever

If some how you did and maybe opened a shill account, quit you fucking crying. Grow a pair and take responsibility for being too dumb/lazy to look after your investment.

Your fud is nonsense. "90% of the early people", what a moron. I would bet most were smart enough to check in at least ever 90days for news. That would have been enough to not miss out.

Had you been respectful towards the foundation I might have given you some xwc from my own stash because you were left behind. I doubt you ever owned any xwc in the first place.

If your done sobbing crypto tears, you should get back to accumulating to take advantage of great prices.

Note: If you were wrongfully incarcerated, in a coma, in combat fighting alongside coalition forces or otherwise incapacitated during the swap I might reconsider....otherwise, get fucked.
blitzkitten

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:53:12 AM

For me the answer is: NEVER!   Maybe tomorrow, this "Foundation" destroys your coins like they did to so many people.  For me that is not acceptable.  Wont be forgotten!

another noob with 12 posts but he has XWC from a couple years ago....whatever

If some how you did and maybe opened a shill account, quit you fucking crying. Grow a pair and take responsibility for being too dumb/lazy to look after your investment.

Your fud is nonsense. "90% of the early people", what a moron. I would bet most were smart enough to check in at least ever 90days for news. That would have been enough to not miss out.

Had you been respectful towards the foundation I might have given you some xwc from my own stash because you were left behind. I doubt you ever owned any xwc in the first place.

If your done sobbing crypto tears, you should get back to accumulating to take advantage of great prices.

Note: If you were wrongfully incarcerated, in a coma, in combat fighting alongside coalition forces or otherwise incapacitated during the swap I might reconsider....otherwise, get fucked.

+1 solid response there man  Smiley Gotta love the FUD
blitzkitten

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:43:52 AM

For me the answer is: NEVER!   Maybe tomorrow, this "Foundation" destroys your coins like they did to so many people.  For me that is not acceptable.  Wont be forgotten!

NO WONDER #xwc is spammed !  Uhhh how bad is that! 

1. Nobodys coins were destroyed... they were swapped.

2. The swap covered most coins that were in circulation 260 Million + if your 90% had any validity there would only be 33 Million coins

3. Your 'opinion' is exactly that, an ill informed piece of nonsense purely driven by emotion and not by any sense of knowledge. Have thoughts not opinions, it will serve you better

4. the tag is $XWC... and it is not spammed negatively, it is used by 2 groups, one who send out signals whenever XWC moves in price and others who want our community to see their exchange or similar... you're pretty much the only one spreading FUD.

5. I'm glad this won't be forgotten, maybe you'll learn a lesson about keeping track of your investments
snoogans310

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:54:48 PM

so where the coins swapped for less coins, it might soften the blow as i had quite a few.

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi

LTC ~ LN8e9QVx7es39KmSwtfnwaYYjNdibK3fXc
blitzkitten

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:05:48 AM

so where the coins swapped for less coins, it might soften the blow as i had quite a few.

No, it was a 1:1 swap. New coins which were not swapped were burned, that's what reduced the overall supply
BrotherJ

Activity: 301

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:50:32 AM

Thank you for a great year Whitecoin. Looking forward to 2018 and beyond. Happy New Year to all.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:58:36 AM

Thank you for a great year Whitecoin. Looking forward to 2018 and beyond. Happy New Year to all.

And a happy New Year to you too!
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 06:01:30 AM

Whitecoin 2017 End of Year Report

We have compiled a 2017 end of year report, it is quite substantial so I won't re-write it here, but if you have the time please visit our website and read it here https://www.whitecoin.info/whitecoin-2017-end-year-report/

Thank you all for a great 2017, wish you all a Happy New Year hope that you all stay safe and have a great time!

Best wishes from the Whitecoin team!
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:19:24 AM

When trying to build the latest whitecoin wallet in ubuntu 16.04 I get the error "Failure to find: src/qt/scicon.h" and also an error with scicon.cpp

Any idea how to fix it?
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: