Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251179 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 01:22:53 AM

Downloaded VM player and ISO
Followed instructions above and now I have my secure #whiteos up and running Smiley
Encrypted wallet
Connected to network
Leaving running
Moving some coins there later for secure staking

Great job, simple, easy and works as advertised!

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitboy2000

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 02:59:39 AM

On another note, I think we need to re-address the coins cap.

When the coin was released there was to be a 330 Million coin cap, 300M to be distributed by mining and 30M to be distributed through staking.

I have currently sent a few feelers out to confirm that the coin still has there parameters.

The issue as far as I see it is that 30M coins distributed through staking only gives the coin a 5 year growth period (slightly less if all coins were staked and the interest was compounded)

I think we need to look at the coin having more like a 20 year growth period, keep the staking at 2% per annum but raise the ceiling to something closer to 420M

another BUMP

Sorry dont agree.

As soon as that was said people began to sell.

The coin is devalued if you do this..

Just my 2c worth
brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 04:38:10 AM

The topic says 'investors... @ whitecoin.info' but I don't see any info about that when I go there  Huh
CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:34:20 AM

When the coin was released there was to be a 330 Million coin cap, 300M to be distributed by mining and 30M to be distributed through staking.

I have currently sent a few feelers out to confirm that the coin still has there parameters.

The issue as far as I see it is that 30M coins distributed through staking only gives the coin a 5 year growth period (slightly less if all coins were staked and the interest was compounded)

I think we need to look at the coin having more like a 20 year growth period, keep the staking at 2% per annum but raise the ceiling to something closer to 420M

another BUMP

Sorry dont agree.

Just my 2c worth

Suggestions and ideas are completely allowed to be voiced by all community members, hence why we are a community where every idea can be shared, discussed and debated... They are only ideas until the community decides that there is validity in an idea that is worth pursuing, then, the idea could go to a vote.  At this time as I understand it, this is only an idea proposed by one community member at this time, I haven't seen any arguments for or against this at this time.

Why would we increase the growth period/market cap? 
Perhaps in a year or so, we should revisit this? 
What can you provide as an example to compare the proposed change to?
What purpose would increasing the cap provide to current investors?

I respectfully disagree with your point about when this was posted/the timing, someone has been trying to short for some time, its pretty easy to see imo however, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion!

For now, I also would disagree with an increase the marketcap/staking period and would suggest that down the road in a few years this topic be revisited...

CryptoSEO

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2014, 07:37:00 AM

The topic says 'investors... @ whitecoin.info' but I don't see any info about that when I go there  Huh

What would you like to see in this respect at whitecoin.info?

Share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions as we continually make changes to the site to help provide new and current investors/community members with up to date information, developments and announcements both at .info and at our news portal whitecoin.info/news!

Looking forward to your feedback and ideas!

brownmon

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 08:58:45 AM

What would you like to see in this respect at whitecoin.info?

Share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions as we continually make changes to the site to help provide new and current investors/community members with up to date information, developments and announcements both at .info and at our news portal whitecoin.info/news!

Looking forward to your feedback and ideas!

I dunno... it said investors so I expected to see that.  Person X funded project X to the tune of $X.  Org Y is providing ongoing funding for Project Y  Grin
Prototyp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:35:34 AM

I will test it today, good work! Smiley
crucial

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 11:51:49 AM

https://twitter.com/uroex/status/520840718835671040

Of any interest to WC ?
blitzkitten

Activity: 483

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:40:05 PM

another BUMP

Sorry dont agree.

Just my 2c worth

Suggestions and ideas are completely allowed to be voiced by all community members, hence why we are a community where every idea can be shared, discussed and debated... They are only ideas until the community decides that there is validity in an idea that is worth pursuing, then, the idea could go to a vote.  At this time as I understand it, this is only an idea proposed by one community member at this time, I haven't seen any arguments for or against this at this time.

Why would we increase the growth period/market cap? 
Perhaps in a year or so, we should revisit this? 
What can you provide as an example to compare the proposed change to?
What purpose would increasing the cap provide to current investors?

I respectfully disagree with your point about when this was posted/the timing, someone has been trying to short for some time, its pretty easy to see imo however, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion!

For now, I also would disagree with an increase the marketcap/staking period and would suggest that down the road in a few years this topic be revisited...

Certainly the point of inflation devaluing a currency is legitimate and should always be a consideration.

My reason for thinking that we should address the cap (either now or some time in the future) is to maintain the PoS incentive, much like mining keeps PoW coins relevant and helps to maintain investors.

At a growth rate of 2% per annum I don't see this level of inflation dramatically effecting the price in any serious way, especially when price fluctuation impact your investment far more than that on a daily basis.

The benefit in my mind of staking is two fold, firstly it's a reward for being an investor... you gain a marginal amount for committing to WC.

Secondly it's my understanding that the block chains integrity is held up by the wallets connected to the network verifying and downloading the block chain. If theres no need/benefit to keep a wallet open then that diminishes the security of WC which I think is a fundamentally important aspect of WC, especially considering the projects which are currently underway of storing information in the block chain.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong about this point.

Overall though I think that staking is a positive selling/marketing point of this coin (one more benefit of getting on the WC bandwagon) and that the pro's of being able to provide 'interest' outweigh the negative of 2% inflation per annum
blitzkitten

View Profile
October 11, 2014, 09:41:23 PM

Looks very interesting to me! Being able to trade directly with FIAT currency would be a big plus in my mind.
blitzkitten

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 01:47:07 AM

At a growth rate of 2% per annum I don't see this level of inflation dramatically effecting the price in any serious way, especially when price fluctuation impact your investment far more than that on a daily basis.

isn't 2% per annum also considered by many reputable economists as the ideal inflation rate?

it certainly seems like a very appropriate level of inflation and over all it wouldn't ever reach the full 2% when you consider coins on exchanges not staking and lost wallets etc..
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

Good to see intelligent conversations happening here in the WC thread.
Keep up the good work people and continue to breath life into WhiteCoin.
blitzkitten

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:04:48 AM

Good to see intelligent conversations happening here in the WC thread.
Keep up the good work people and continue to breath life into WhiteCoin.

+1

Feel free to throw your '2 WC' in to the discussion
blitzkitten

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 03:08:10 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 04:50:36 AM by blitzkitten

technical question:
is there a way to turn off continuous balance splitting after it has been staked?

example: numbers are just an example and probably off

staked coins - 100000

output after staking 1
 + 50000
 + 50000
 + 50 stake from 100000

output after staking 2
 + 25000
 + 25000
 + 25 stake from 50000
 + 25000
 + 25000
 + 25 stake from 50000

etc

i'm looking for something like "consolidate after staking", right now i have to send the whole balance to myself to consolidate inputs which can get tedious Smiley
you can see the values: send coins tab/coin control features (off by default)/inputs

definitely a good idea there, i get long streams of 0.XX or 1.XX transactions, it is difficult to track.
some form of consolidation would be nice
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:43:57 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 09:00:08 PM by surfguy72

WhiteCoin Multipool Mining Propsal

Hello!

Awhile back you may remember a proposal I set forth regarding a script ASIC order I had with Alpha-T.net.  They are nearing completion and I wanted to see if there was any interest.

I now have 1 250 @ 1800 watts on order and 60% paid for.  I am seeking apx. 8 to 9 BTC to pay the rest.  I would multipool mine with it and either manually buy WC or use coinking and auto trade to WC, then distribute based on your shares.

Lots of details of course to work out.  I would have the ASIC shipped to a mining warehouse where the power is cheap and ASIA secure after an initial test period.  I already have the needed psu.

I am not fully relying on my trust hopefully built with you over the months and am willing to work out the best deal we can.

My end goal is to help WC and you.

Let me know your thoughts.  I'm hoping Alpha finalizes some stellar specs, as far as soon shipping they are one of the better ones but still, more speed less power always better.

Surfs up!

*** electricity costs of course shared too
https://alpha-t.net/news/viper-chip/

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:40:10 PM

..::[ Whitecoin: WhiteOS Public Beta ]::..

WhiteOS Release Schedule:

Public Beta Release:10 October 2014
WhiteOS Official Release:      ~17 October 2014

WhiteOS utilizes a custom, optimized and hardened Ubuntu environment based on the latest version 14.04LTS.  WhiteOS is a secure and portable operating system that anyone with a PC or laptop will be able to use. Because the OS and Wallet data files are stored on a USB, you effectively have true cold storage, and your coins will follow you wherever you go.

BUILT IN ANONYMITY - One of the most unique features of this secure environment is that the wallet and browsers are redirected through a TOR proxy to ensure anonymity and privacy (this runs locally by default). When you unplug your USB stick no trace is left on the host PC.

COMING VERY SOON – WhiteOS 64 BIT – Original plans for this OS included this version (x86) of WhiteOS.  But, due to high user demand, we are happy to announce that the 64bit version is in development and will be released as soon as completed.

A special thank to all the private beta-testers (some who wished to remain anonymous)!!!  We have fixed many bugs that I would not have found on my own system.

We are dedicated to make WhiteOS as feature rich and secure as possible.  Continued development on some really nice and unique features is under way and will be released in future versions.    

What happens after the release of WhiteOS, we have some really nice unique ideas that we are willing to implement in future versions of WhiteOS, so we continue to develop on WhiteOS as a good and secure and portable OS. Once the release of WhiteOS is succesfull more features will be added

Download:
WhiteOS_0.1.5_x86_live.iso 1.03 GB

If you like my work, consider buying me a beer Smiley @ WC: WPTThUxWVSnvrRivH4epkkGGX1JQvd74pf or BTC: 1EP1RWV8Wt4geJgQBpdoTho2UifaNpTWMy

Options to install:
  • On USB so it's portable (main idea and easiest)
  • Under windows (VMWare/Virtualbox (make sure to use PAE)/Hyper-V) (easy)
  • Dual-boot next to windows (advanced)

Caution:
IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WHITEOS ON TO YOUR MAIN PC, ENSURE YOU DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR PRIMARY OS... IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, THEN WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOW THE USB OR VM INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE THAT YOUR MAIN OS REMAINS SAFE

How to prepare your USB Key and Boot to WhiteOS
  • Download Universal USB installer or Unetbootin
  • Get a USB stick (preferably 8GB, 4GB/2GB will do as minimum)
  • Set the following options (if the iso is not shown, type a "*" in the textfield when choosing image)
  • Once completed: Restart your PC and boot from USB (press one of the F keys (mostly F8 or F12)

How to install it on a Virtual Machine
  • Download VMWare Player (free)
  • (clickable)
  • Keep pressing next until it boots up
  • Choose to install WhiteOS, if you do Try WhiteOS your data won't be saved
  • Once completed: Restart your VM

Early video preview:

Heres some screenshots:

Disclaimer
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF CONTENT. WCF SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY THE INFORMATION OR IDEAS CONTAINED. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN WHITEOS IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WCF OR THROUGH WCF SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF WHITEOS, THAT YOUR USE OF WHITEOS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.

groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:47:13 PM

Thanks for all the effort Oizopower - gr8 work too!   is the 64bit version a long way away?

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:11:19 PM

Thanks for all the effort Oizopower - gr8 work too!   is the 64bit version a long way away?

Thanks!, it's difficult to give an exact date yet. but i think i should have it done by next week. while preparing the 32bit final version i'm preparing the 64 bit version aswell. it depends a bit if mayor bugs shows up. (untill now there have not been any, just some small UI fixes)

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
Nexby

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:25:05 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 06:43:21 AM by Nexby

Update on mintpal and my missing coins.
In short words they are broke and it looks like i will not see my coins back.

I tried hard to contact Moohla Ldt in the past days, but i do not get any answers anywhere (Mail, Forum and Twitter). I lost exactly 261322,7865 WC on this exchange. I transferred them on oct the first before they consider to make an (useless) update. But they never arrived on my balance.
I really would appreciate it, if you like to help me out with this

My Wallet
WSfXBFdYWAmiMPb7LwYF9RunR4GAfNLb5W
Thank you!

I do not like to ask for this, but on the other side i do not know what i can do when i lost so many coins. I know it has nothing to do with WhiteCoin it is only the fault from Moohla Ldt. and by me to trust them and send my coins to them.

Source:
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

For Diskussion:
Mintpal was the main exchange from Whitecoin. We need to change it to other exchanges. Which one do you prefer and why? How can we get traffic to the other exchanges for Whitecoin?
Suppositious Mintpal will not open again and nobody will get their Whitecoins back, then we have a lost from 48223622.343750 WC on the hole network. What will we do?
Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:48:48 AM

For Diskussion:
Mintpal was the main exchange from Whitecoin. We need to change it to other exchanges. Which one do you prefer and why? How can we get traffic to the other exchanges for Whitecoin?
Suppositious Mintpal will not open again and nobody will get their Whitecoins back, then we have a lost from 48223622.343750 WC on the hole network. What will we do?

That really sucks Nexby. Maybe you can still withdraw them in time (needs to be done before 31 oct.
About the discussion item, ever since i heard of the vrc trouble i removed some coins from Mintpal, and shortly after i heard Moolah was taking over i had a bad feeling about this. So i moved everything out of Mintpal.

For a long time i have my Whitecoin staking in my wallet and have put my other coins on bittrex. Bittrex has IRC support aswell and are very active with good support. Cryptsy won't see me back after to many problems caused by them (double withdraw bug, slow daemon updatinng etc). Also they do not have a IRC support and the ticket system support just isn't good enough for me.

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: