Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:46:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251179 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nexby

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:39:51 AM

That really sucks Nexby. Maybe you can still withdraw them in time (needs to be done before 31 oct.
About the discussion item, ever since i heard of the vrc trouble i removed some coins from Mintpal, and shortly after i heard Moolah was taking over i had a bad feeling about this. So i moved everything out of Mintpal.

For a long time i have my Whitecoin staking in my wallet and have put my other coins on bittrex. Bittrex has IRC support aswell and are very active with good support. Cryptsy won't see me back after to many problems caused by them (double withdraw bug, slow daemon updatinng etc). Also they do not have a IRC support and the ticket system support just isn't good enough for me.

Thanks for the replay Oizo. I never tried Bittrex befor but i like to see that they have a good support. I will give them a shot and try it out. How much do they charge on fees?

I would like to withdraw mx coins but they are not seen on my balance. It is a bug with V2. It was the best choise that you made to withdraw you funds from Mintpal. I not suspected that moohla is such a bad business man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
malbee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:04:45 PM

For Diskussion:
Mintpal was the main exchange from Whitecoin. We need to change it to other exchanges. Which one do you prefer and why? How can we get traffic to the other exchanges for Whitecoin?
Suppositious Mintpal will not open again and nobody will get their Whitecoins back, then we have a lost from 48223622.343750 WC on the hole network. What will we do?

That really sucks Nexby. Maybe you can still withdraw them in time (needs to be done before 31 oct.
About the discussion item, ever since i heard of the vrc trouble i removed some coins from Mintpal, and shortly after i heard Moolah was taking over i had a bad feeling about this. So i moved everything out of Mintpal.

For a long time i have my Whitecoin staking in my wallet and have put my other coins on bittrex. Bittrex has IRC support aswell and are very active with good support. Cryptsy won't see me back after to many problems caused by them (double withdraw bug, slow daemon updatinng etc). Also they do not have a IRC support and the ticket system support just isn't good enough for me.

yeah craptsy is useless and really not recommended, stopped using it after they cost me a lot due to their broken and bugged system which created multiple orders leading to a negative balance - but worst of all which they refused to acknowledge and reverse (and held my entire portfolio/funds hostage while it was negative). then on top of that later when i tried to withdraw funds their broken system failed to send them and i had to wait over 9 months until they resent the missing funds.

bittrex on the other hand is a real scamcoin cesspool, pretty much run by a cm cartel for their pump/dump fraud scamcoin of the week schemes. but thats probably the only option right now.
i've asked several big exchanges (like bitfinex/bitstamp/btce/kraken/huobi/okcoin) about including whitecoin, but they all either ignored it or had excuses (well the reluctance is understandable given the sheer amount of alt coins)

The coins that aren't in my wallet are on Bittrex....I sure did like the interface at Mintpal better...but such I life!  Cheesy  I think Bittrex is the best bet for us now and I hope that volume will continue to increase there until we find a new home. 

tw0rak

Activity: 600
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:19:20 PM

If you dont recieve your coins till end of the month, i sure will send you some. Not much but some i can afford.
Many ppl here helped me few month before, so thats my obligation.
TW0R

Update on mintpal and my missing coins.
In short words they are broke and it looks like i will not see my coins back.

I tried hard to contact Moohla Ldt in the past days, but i do not get any answers anywhere (Mail, Forum and Twitter). I lost exactly 261322,7865 WC on this exchange. I transferred them on oct the first before they consider to make an (useless) update. But they never arrived on my balance.
I really would appreciate it, if you like to help me out with this

My Wallet
WSfXBFdYWAmiMPb7LwYF9RunR4GAfNLb5W
Thank you!

I do not like to ask for this, but on the other side i do not know what i can do when i lost so many coins. I know it has nothing to do with WhiteCoin it is only the fault from Moohla Ldt. and by me to trust them and send my coins to them.

Source:
http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/14/moolah-is-having-to-close-its-doors/

For Diskussion:
Mintpal was the main exchange from Whitecoin. We need to change it to other exchanges. Which one do you prefer and why? How can we get traffic to the other exchanges for Whitecoin?
Suppositious Mintpal will not open again and nobody will get their Whitecoins back, then we have a lost from 48223622.343750 WC on the hole network. What will we do?

Waldozaur12
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:35:26 PM

WC-->White
adoress

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

SINTEZ LLC

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 12:55:40 AM

For Diskussion:
About the discussion item, ever since i heard of the vrc trouble i removed some coins from Mintpal, and
yeah craptsy is useless and really not recommended, stopped using it after they cost me a lot due to their broken and bugged system which created multiple orders leading to a negative balance - but worst of all which they
The coins that aren't in my wallet are on Bittrex....I sure did like the interface at Mintpal better...but such I life! 
I prefer cryptsy, high volum than bittrex

CRYPT by SINTEZ - Nextgen of WEB monetization - SINTEZ.IO
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:22:16 AM

mindfox dropped this coin and he is main dev - move along

yolo
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:04:31 AM

how out of date are you? mindfox hasnt been associated with WC for a long time..

next time you want to comment, maybe read the forum you're in and you will see who's involved

move along...
Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:47:52 AM

Just move along then, bye !

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
bitboy2000

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:21:17 AM

Dont trust any exchange.

I get in and get out.

Your wallet is the only thing that is safe if you follow the basics.

However make sure you encrypt with a very very secure password.

I dont know if this apples to alt coins but it may...

http://www.coindesk.com/open-source-tool-identifies-weak-bitcoin-wallet-signatures/
 Shocked
malbee

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 07:03:27 PM

Dont trust any exchange.

I get in and get out.

Your wallet is the only thing that is safe if you follow the basics.

However make sure you encrypt with a very very secure password.

I dont know if this apples to alt coins but it may...

http://www.coindesk.com/open-source-tool-identifies-weak-bitcoin-wallet-signatures/
 Shocked

Thanks for the reminder...
dreambox700

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:58:18 PM

WhiteOS Release Schedule:

Public Beta Release:   10 October 2014
WhiteOS Official Release:         ~17 October 2014

Not WhiteOS Official Release today?
Oizopower

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 01:11:57 AM

We have postponed the release till monday 20 October, today we have solved any small bugs left that was reported by the community.
I hope to have the 64 bit version done aswell in time, just need to smash some small bugs in the 64 bit version.

surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:54:57 AM

Thanks for checking in.  Monday we will have the full release of 32 bit.  Looking forward to the feedback and true gift to the crypto community

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Oizopower

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:11:56 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 12:58:02 PM by Oizopower

..::[ Whitecoin: WhiteOS Release 0.2.1 ]::..

WhiteOS utilizes a custom, optimized and hardened Ubuntu environment based on the latest version 14.04LTS.  WhiteOS is a secure and portable operating system that anyone with a PC or laptop will be able to use. Because the OS and Wallet data files are stored on a USB, you effectively have true cold storage, and your coins will follow you wherever you go.

BUILT IN ANONYMITY - One of the most unique features of this secure environment is that the wallet and browsers are redirected through a TOR proxy to ensure anonymity and privacy (this runs locally by default). When you unplug your USB stick no trace is left on the host PC.

A special thank to all the private and public  beta-testers (some who wished to remain anonymous)!!!  We have fixed many bugs that I would not have found on my own system.

We are dedicated to make WhiteOS as feature rich and secure as possible.  Continued development on some really nice and unique features is under way and will be released in future versions.    

What happens after the release of WhiteOS, we have some really nice unique ideas that we are willing to implement in future versions of WhiteOS, so we continue to develop on WhiteOS as a good and secure and portable OS. Once the release of WhiteOS is succesfull more features will be added

Download:
WhiteOS_0.2.2_x86_live.iso 1.07 GB - Mirror 1 (mega) | More mirrors soon
WhiteOS_0.2.2_x64_live.iso 1.09 GB - Mirror 1 (mega) | More mirrors soon

If you like my work, consider buying me a beer Smiley @ WC: WPTThUxWVSnvrRivH4epkkGGX1JQvd74pf or BTC: 1EP1RWV8Wt4geJgQBpdoTho2UifaNpTWMy

Options to install:
  • On USB so it's portable (main idea and easiest)
  • Under windows (VMWare/Virtualbox (make sure to use PAE)/Hyper-V) (easy)
  • Dual-boot next to windows (advanced)

WhiteOS comes with a backup tool to remotely backup your wallet and home dir. You can either backup using FTP / SSH / Windows Share or other drives. Just look under settings and make sure to create backups.

Caution:
IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WHITEOS ON TO YOUR MAIN PC, ENSURE YOU DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR PRIMARY OS... IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, THEN WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOW THE USB OR VM INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE THAT YOUR MAIN OS REMAINS SAFE

How to prepare your USB Key and Boot to WhiteOS
  • Download Universal USB installer or Unetbootin
  • Get a USB stick (preferably 8GB, 4GB/2GB will do as minimum)
  • Set the following options (if the iso is not shown, type a "*" in the textfield when choosing image)
  • Once completed: Restart your PC and boot from USB (press one of the F keys (mostly F8 or F12)

How to install it on a Virtual Machine
  • Download VMWare Player (free)
  • (clickable)
  • Keep pressing next until it boots up
  • Choose to install WhiteOS, if you do Try WhiteOS your data won't be saved
  • Once completed: Restart your VM

Disclaimer
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF CONTENT. WCF SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY THE INFORMATION OR IDEAS CONTAINED. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN WHITEOS IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WCF OR THROUGH WCF SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF WHITEOS, THAT YOUR USE OF WHITEOS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.

Prototyp

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:01:15 PM

Congratulations for your successful work, looks very good.
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:31:06 PM

Great work Oizopower!

A wonderful addition for WhiteCoin and a great gift to the greater crypto community!

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
eddienova

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:42:13 AM

Thank you Oizopower. Whitecoin continues to be an exciting coin to follow.
malbee

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:23:55 AM

Yea, this is really great!  What a great resource for the entire WC community...!! 
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:07:33 PM

Yea, this is really great!  What a great resource for the entire WC community...!! 

really looking forward to firing up the 64 bit ver. and seeing what i can make of it. linux is very customizable ... cheers Oizo  Cool

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:40:58 PM

Really looks great Oizo, man nice work!  Getting the newest version running later today, can't wait to get off work to get this going for all my wallets!

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: