Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:20:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone tell me what this is?  (Read 5884 times)
Uncurlhalo (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

|Argus| Accounting and Auditing on the Blockchain

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:44:05 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 06:12:41 AM by Uncurlhalo

So I was looking at the ip's for the blocks relayed to Blockchain.info by unknown miners and one that I came across that actually had a webpage hosted. Have no idea what it is. Is it a web based management tool like those in BAMT? I'm just kinda interested.

Argus the revolution in making
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randomproof

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:51:06 PM

It looks like a control server for someone's mining rig and now that you posted it, a hacking target.

Donations to me:   19599Y3PTRF1mNdzVjQzePr67ttMiBG5LS
Uncurlhalo (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 06:53:48 PM

Well It has over 222 GPU's and like 30 FPGA's I hope someone with such equipment and resources has a bit of security. Also technically this was all publicly available on Blockchain.info. There is really nothing here that someone couldn't have found on there own.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:03:45 PM

interesting find, looks like the person put in alot of work Smiley

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:06:30 PM

Well It has over 222 GPU's and like 30 FPGA's I hope someone with such equipment and resources has a bit of security. Also technically this was all publicly available on Blockchain.info. There is really nothing here that someone couldn't have found on there own.

all those FPGA are BFL singles as well.

Damn, someone is more serious!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:43:34 PM

Looks like a typical botnet administration page to me Angry
Uncurlhalo (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:47:07 PM

See thats what I thought but it lists all the connected users as GPU's or FPGA's which makes me think its just a large farm someone with a lot of money to invest has gone and set up.

bulanula

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:48:21 PM

See thats what I thought but it lists all the connected users as GPU's or FPGA's which makes me think its just a large farm someone with a lot of money to invest has gone and set up.

Someone should DDOS that POS out the sky.

If not a botnet then surely the gov or somebody with evil intentions.

222 GPUs and 30 FPGAs - yeah sounds 100% legit just like the bigcpuminer guy with 10 000 cpu machines...
Clipse

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:49:55 PM

222 GPUs and 30 FPGAs - yeah sounds 100% legit just like the bigcpuminer guy with 10 000 cpu machines...

Erm then you should DOS me since I am close to that count of GPU's, I promise I will stop at 221 GPU just not to be labelled a botnet Wink

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
bulanula

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:51:40 PM

Erm then you should DOS me since I am close to that count of GPU's, I promise I will stop at 221 GPU just not to be labelled a botnet Wink

Pics or it did not happen.

I seriously doubt somebody has 200+ GPUs. That would be like 50 rigs. I have not heard of a whole building mining bitcoins ...
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:57:32 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2012, 08:09:33 PM by DeathAndTaxes

I wonder what the "fee" columns means.
Looks like the are pool hopping also.

I doubt it is a botnet.  Most of the machines are 4 GPU rigs and there are 18 BFL Singles.  I mean who has their quad GPU mining rig or BFL rig infected and doesn't notice that their revenue is now 0?  Not many non miners have quad GPU rigs.  Even a botnet which targeted only gamers would have more variety in hashing power per GPU and most machines would be 1-2 GPUs.

Total hashrate is 88GH/s.  Isn't one of the mining companies on GBLSE around 88 GH/s?

Uncurlhalo (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:00:03 PM

I wonder what the "fee" columns means.
Looks like the are pool hopping also.

I doubt it is a botnet.  I mean who has their BFL rigs infected and doesn't notice?

Total hashrate is 88GH/s.  Isn't one of the mining companies on GBLSE around 88 GH/s?

Yeah I was looking at it for a while. I saw it hop from "Private" to "Default" to "Deepbit". It also looks like they are using GPUMAX. Maybe the person who runs this will be cool and come forward and explain it. I doubt it though.

bulanula

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:11:32 PM

I seriously doubt somebody has 200+ GPUs. That would be like 50 rigs. I have not heard of a whole building mining bitcoins ...
You obviously have never heard of the great miner Shatt, last time I spoke to him he had well over 300 GPUs in his datacentre. Word has it he sold out a while ago though so no idea who currently holds the record.

Anybody can claim any BS. I have 1000 GPUs and I am the 1.5 THash/s mystery miner ! I want some concrete pictures showing 5 rooms full of miners etc.

This guy has the evidence for the botnet methinks. No proof he owns all that himself.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:16:05 PM

Anybody can claim any BS. I have 1000 GPUs and I am the 1.5 THash/s mystery miner ! I want some concrete pictures showing 5 rooms full of miners etc.

This guy has the evidence for the botnet methinks. No proof he owns all that himself.
Listen, fuck you. Just because you are not able to do it yourself does not make it impossible!
Take for example amazingrando's operation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75126.msg860825#msg860825

EDIT: Anyways, I recognize that logo. It's P4Man's profile pic.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Clipse

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:17:53 PM

You obviously have never heard of the great miner Shatt, last time I spoke to him he had well over 300 GPUs in his datacentre. Word has it he sold out a while ago though so no idea who currently holds the record.

Except, it would make no sense to run a control room and label everything as GPU/FPGA with all those stats if indeed its a botnet controlling hundreds/thousands of cpus.

That setup is designed for the person to monitor his farm, as you can see looking at the dashboard each rig is running 4.4GH with 6-7cards, so its clearly 5970's or 7990's or something in that range per card.

Point here being, you really think all that is setup in a way to mask what he is really running/controlling ? I just think the person didnt secure the site for easy viewing without authentication, that page have zeroinput controls.

bulanula

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:18:47 PM

Listen, fuck you. Just because you are not able to do it yourself does not make it impossible!
Take for example amazingrando's operation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75126.msg860825#msg860825

How many GPUs is that ? Not even close to 100 I presume. Show me 3 rooms like that then I will say "maybe". Not jealous of anything here BTW. ATM I am running pure profit 0 expenses.
Clipse

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:19:50 PM

Haha if it is p4man he got some explaining to do with all the hopping information he displays on top Wink

The man is permanently on a mission again hoppers Tongue

Clipse

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:21:18 PM

How many GPUs is that ? Not even close to 100 I presume. Show me 3 rooms like that then I will say "maybe". Not jealous of anything here BTW. ATM I am running pure profit 0 expenses.

I have 155 GPU's inside one room, 12m x 12m with good cooling, I could probably put more than double this in here if I lay more power to it.

amazingrando picture have atleast in the area of 155+ GPU's and afaik the maxbtc hashrate of 62GH comes from that, also he has more than 62GH last I read so I could only assume the rest of the farm is also in that picture.

Its way easier to do than you seem to think.

bulanula

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:24:28 PM

I have 155 GPU's inside one room, 12m x 12m with good cooling, I could probably put more than double this in here if I lay more power to it.

Not doubting you but I would love to see some pictures for personal enjoyment  Wink Cheesy Grin
Clipse

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 08:26:08 PM

Not doubting you but I would love to see some pictures for personal enjoyment  Wink Cheesy Grin

Im not here for your enjoyment Wink

How about we get back on track with your previous statements re amazingrandos farm picture, as I said thats more than 155 gpus allready and you claimed more than 100 in one room is not possible.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: