Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:38:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Low Does Bitcoin's Price Need Get to Make People Stop Believing?  (Read 6856 times)
Zer0p0inT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:32:20 PM

I dont think the true believers will ever stop believing in bitcoin, and nor should they. Fiat has an inevitable death. Maybe sooner than later. Bitcoin is just getting started. These short term monthly swings and government 'bans' are small hurdles compared to the innovations and new technologies with the bitcoin protocol that will be developed in the years moving forward. I'm sure many notable respected people doubted E-mail in the late 90s.

SHITCOINS ARE THE FUTURE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dimelord

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:37:04 PM

This has me really depressed. I am getting out of BTC before I lose money. Selling off 100 BTC at $10 a piece...
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

Someone has just dumped 27K of BTC!!!! thats a big sell order!

Could be a good time to get cheap BTC!

That is a very optimistic interpretation

Well its pretty cheap now dont you think?

I don't think anything over $300 is cheap. Especially not today. 30,000 btc dump would crush the market

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
santaClause

Activity: 183

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:53:55 AM

At $0, if we get there, I'm still gonna be running a full node...I might start mining again too.
I think you make a very good point (probably unintentionally) about the price declining. If the prices continues to decline then it will be unprofitable for miners to mine, which will cause the difficulty to decline. I would say that the difficulty is higher then it needs to be right now to keep the network secure, but it cannot go down to CPU/GPU levels as it would potentially open it up to be attacked and essentially killed off
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 02:57:35 AM

ive already become a long term holder. I just cant bare to keep up with the ups and downs for btc and simply stopped trading. BTC as a long term investment is a sure shot. Buying in at $400, currently at a loss but I dont care, i think I bought in low enough. Putting it away for the next several months at least.

lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 03:01:43 AM

Price will go down as adoption goes up, simple as that. Until we have more consumer demand (or large investors) it will stay relatively low. I'm okay with that as I know bitcoin right now is building up its useability in the future and has had a lot of good news recently. If you only look at short term prices when making long term decisions you're going to make bad calls.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
freedombit

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:54:54 AM

Price will go down as adoption goes up, simple as that. Until we have more consumer demand (or large investors) it will stay relatively low. I'm okay with that as I know bitcoin right now is building up its useability in the future and has had a lot of good news recently. If you only look at short term prices when making long term decisions you're going to make bad calls.

+ Many

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812539.0
newyorker91

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 05:35:38 AM

The price will keep going down till the middle of November so everyone please relax
TheMasterKey

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 10:04:15 AM

When price of bitcoin is under $1 that would be the time for people to lose trust in it.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 11:29:20 AM

Nothing is as cheap as it can be.
GiftEncounter

Activity: 89

http://lisk.io

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

I don't think anything over $300 is cheap. Especially not today. 30,000 btc dump would crush the market

30,000 BTC was dumped a day or 2 ago in a single sell wall at $300, it did not crush the market #lulz.

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
dadugan

Activity: 179

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 12:55:27 PM

I am guessing people will get upset and bail if bitcoin drop to below 100 again.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:07:56 PM

How Low Does Bitcoin's Price Need Get to Make People Stop Believing?

That's easy.  $0 and stays at $0 or less than $0.

No Bitcoin value, no more miners, no market, no more transacting, no more development, no more protocol/currency.

If Bitcoin essentially dies, then people will stop believing and move on to the next one...Bitcoin 2.0!   Grin

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:12:48 PM

Speculators won't make as much money as they think they will if they trade Bitcoin, use it as a currency, the problem is everyone here is clearly trying to trade on the price swings rather than actually earn coins without screwing themselves over.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:31:26 PM

Speculators won't make as much money as they think they will if they trade Bitcoin, use it as a currency, the problem is everyone here is clearly trying to trade on the price swings rather than actually earn coins without screwing themselves over.

And what's wrong with trading on the price swings?

The only people making any money on Bitcoin without a massive time or equipment investment are speculators and criminals. At least day traders don't have to worry about the police knocking on their door someday.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:46:33 PM

There's nothing wrong with it, I just think it's ridiculous that some people on this forum expect the price to go their way 100% of the time lol Tongue
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:51:24 PM

smart people buy low ... and never sell until 5 years.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:28:58 PM

There's nothing wrong with it, I just think it's ridiculous that some people on this forum expect the price to go their way 100% of the time lol Tongue

Yeah, that's true. That is the very first lesson life should have taught them. You don't always get what you want.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1365

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:10:15 PM

How far does the fiat system have to stretch itself out of shape before it finally destroys itself forever. Then Bitcoin will rule, maybe even over gold and silver.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:58:19 AM

Genuine Followers of bitcoin will never let their faces off from bitcoins. Because everyone knows that future of bitcoin is safe I am talking of those people who have patience and looking for long term investment am still 90% of population is not aware about bitcoins. So its too early to reach at any decision.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: