Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:58:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SWEET] NectarCoin | Crypto's Answer to Skype, Slack & more | Crowdsale Jan 12  (Read 104759 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zemerovka

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 08:45:47 PM

Thanks for taking my stuff seriously. Kind of fun to help build something instead of wrecking.

You didn't get it about the Indians. Every big software company ships their code writing off shore to India, the Philippines, etc to save money. Our mutual friend's country does code writing also for cheap. If you launch with working code you become bigger than bitcoin. Done. Me and her are rich and you guys are like Bill Gates mega-yacht champagne filled swmming pools full of naked supermodels ultrarich.
People don't mind some bugs if stuff basically works especially with alts because no one else has done anything. None of the markets, video chat, VOIP, smart contracts, virtual exchanges, none of it happened.  All bullshit and lies. Get over the perfection thing and hire some Indian dudes. No one believes an ICO that doesn't do somthing right away. Bitbay is slowly proving that despite that fancy guy they hired.

https://i.imgur.com/K8GA6mH.png
https://i.imgur.com/KmsNANn.png

Below NectarCoin addresses the latest rounds of comments, criticisms, other feedback and suggestions. Please keep them coming.
We aim to address every batch of posts in a single response posted by the end of each weekday,
Monday to Saturday generally (we're out on Sundays).

All our previous posts: Link

It is looking soo good Grin Watching
watching and participating is a good thing

We welcome both. Smiley

Just passed through: good work on the ANN. I'd cut it down to one wallet pic. The bug  pix are more interesting. We've all seen pretty wallet mock-ups. No ones believes them or cares anymore.

Many thanks for the compliments and again for your time in checking things out. We hear you regarding the pictures, except they're pretty central to the vision we have and the brand image we want to convey. We realise a lot of people have grown cynical and skeptical about "plans", but not everyone, we think. And by posting them now - and delivering on the promises -- people will have a reference point to trust other (bigger) plan we plan to unveil and deliver on in the future. We understand building street cred is not easy in this environment, but we're committed to doing it steadily.

If i was you I'd get a bank loan and pay some Indians or whatever to get your features working before the ICO.

No way. Full stop. Our early reputation in crypto will be riding on how well we do with Nectar. Nectar will be a secure, vetted, commercial-grade application built in Europe - not a... well, we'll just leave it at that. Smiley

Here's what happens otherwise: people buy in, get hyped then get nothing but a LiteCoin clone and a wallet with an Exchange in it.  They start selling here and there to pay bills, ride a pump, get into some new hype coin. Your price drops and people start selling more.  Pretty soon you've become Gaiacoin.

We'd rather run that risk than cut corners and deliver something second-rate we can not vouch for 100%. That's how we roll in our work in the "real world" and in the long run, customers benefit and appreciate our adherence to standards and looking out for their long-term interest (even if they might not have at the start). Also, we have a pre- and post-ICO strategy that will be in place around the time of the ICO.

This same crap is happening with Bitbay. They've got some beavy hitters and no one is shouting "scam" except a few idiots getting paid to do it. Their price is slipping about 10 sat per day because all thsy've got is promises. Bitbay will be dead in a couple of weeks if they don't actually release something.

We're not familiar with all the details about Bitbay except that their ICO boom seemed heavily reliant on news of the license agreement with Mr. David Zimbeck. Beyond that, I don't think anyone knows anything about the group behind it. We think that might be a big factor behind whatever weakness they might be experiencing now. But we don't know the full details of what's going on out there - just our initial impressions were when they came out of virtually nowhere.

I guess you're going to stick to Bitcointalk. Your call.

Well, let's just say it's wait-and-see, and we don't want to end up like Neos. We're staying open to all platforms, including Coinblab. For now at least. And FUD phasers on stun.

Please note today's Q&A will be followed by a couple minor updates.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nectarcoin (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:23:23 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 07:54:45 AM by nectarcoin

Below NectarCoin addresses the latest rounds of comments, criticisms, other feedback and suggestions. Please keep them coming.
We aim to address every batch of posts in a single response posted by the end of each weekday,

Thanks for taking my stuff seriously. Kind of fun to help build something instead of wrecking.

We will take every good idea, every serious piece of feedback and every dose of constructive criticism seriously. Every one on bitcointalk should consider this a "demilitarized zone". We are new here. As such, we do not come with the historical/emotional baggage of whatever has transpired here in the past. We do not come with the arrogance that we know best on everything. And we *do* come with the hope that we can be part of what turns things around by, for starters, setting a good example, a new paradigm, of mutual respect and constructive dialogue that ultimately benefits everyone. tldr: keep the good ideas coming. Smiley

You didn't get it about the Indians. Every big software company ships their code writing off shore to India, the Philippines, etc to save money. Our mutual friend's country does code writing also for cheap. If you launch with working code you become bigger than bitcoin. Done.

We do hear you. There are many excellent Indian coders - among the top are those who are now doing a major chunk of world's development of software that runs the websites and internals of the world's top multinational banks and other Fortune 500 companies. Yet, there are also many not so great Indian coders. Many.... It's a big country. We are part of the IT services world "in the real world" and an unusually large number of our clients are those who've come to us, despite our higher rates, after experiences with much cheaper coders abroad. We have heard many horror stories. We've seen a lot of bad code. We have the highest regard for Indian culture and what India has achieved over the past decade, as well as what Indians have achieved in many countries worldwide. But our clients' experiences frame our perspective. We'll leave it at that. You mention Eastern Europe - our group has personnel throughout Europe, east and west.

Me and her are rich and you guys are like Bill Gates mega-yacht champagne filled swmming pools full of naked supermodels ultrarich. People don't mind some bugs if stuff basically works especially with alts because no one else has done anything. None of the markets, video chat, VOIP, smart contracts, virtual exchanges, none of it happened.  All bullshit and lies. Get over the perfection thing and hire some Indian dudes.

To each his own, but our primary goal is to build a quality product, develop a great following and build a great long-term reputation in crypto. Not a quick fling with champagne, supermodels and a Lambo (again, to each his own, but I think many of us would be embarassed to drive one). That stuff eventually fades. A good reputations lasts and pays dividends for a long, long time. Basically, we want to do what we feel is best for our customers, our careers and our families over the long run.

No one believes an ICO that doesn't do somthing right away. Bitbay is slowly proving that despite that fancy guy they hired.

We again do have a pre-crowdfunding campaign and post-crowdfunding campaign strategy in place. We see the CFC as a branding event that launches the brand reputation of our coin. We also have a very strong perspective of looking out for our customers and treating everyone who buys into the CFC as a valued customer. So we consider it vital that the CFC does well and is perceived widely as a big success and will do everything we can in that regard to make it so. We'll leave it at that for now.

Nectar ≈ AltcoinMonitor + The Decentralised Alternative to Skype + Slack + Intrade
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:44:33 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 07:53:33 AM by nectarcoin

We'll be providing irregular updates here in our BCT message thread, on our twitter feed and our website as significant developments or progress toward significant developments arise.

Just some updates:
* we've sharply flattened the crowdfunding campaign (CFC) price schedule, reduced the rate of increase to 8% per step and the number of steps from 7 to 5 to address the excellent points that were made about that.
* we're in talks with the top US altcoin exchanges for listing the crowdfunding campaign.
* We are seeking a reliable, well-connected China-based partner (could be native Chinese or expat) who can assist us with communication, promotion and high-level engagements in China. We are also considering bounties for specific objectives in Asia generally. Please PM us for more details.
* We intend to have a number of other bounties revolving around promotion/adoption efforts worldwide. There'll be more details on this ahead of and after the CFC.

Nectar ≈ AltcoinMonitor + The Decentralised Alternative to Skype + Slack + Intrade
cryptoFRED

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:45:35 AM

keeping my fingers crossed for NECTAR!  Smiley
bright future for Nectar  Cool
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:02:40 PM

Has the ICO started yet?  It doesn't seem like it has but I wasn't sure if I was missing something.
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:03:40 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2014, 06:15:59 PM by nectarcoin

Has the ICO started yet?  It doesn't seem like it has but I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

keeping my fingers crossed for NECTAR!  Smiley
bright future for Nectar  Cool

We really appreciate the interest. The negotiations with multiple exchanges is ongoing. We're tentatively expecting a listing next month. We will update everyone as soon as details are confirmed.

Just a message thread policy reminder:
Please do not advertise other coins in our message thread (we had to delete one such reference today), which is for the discussion, criticism, feedback, etc. of NectarCoin. We don't do that to other threads and expect others to pay us the same courtesy. If not, zzzap.

Karabel

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:08:10 AM

Hmm, when is the start, because I can't find info or maybe it is already started ?
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 04:44:56 PM

Hmm, when is the start, because I can't find info or maybe it is already started ?

Please see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=812124.msg9642307#msg9642307
We'll have an update as soon as the details are finalized. Thank you very much for your interest.

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:18:25 PM

milestone 6 - 10% of ICO escrow released:
at least 10 community bitcointalk full members have publicly reacted in the forum thread
to our work with the word "wow" (Codename: Sweetness)
Reading the OP leaves me with just one word:

WOW

There you got your first full member.  Wink
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:16:17 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 05:16:58 AM by nectarcoin

Below NectaCoin addresses the latest rounds of comments, criticisms, other feedback and suggestions. Please keep them coming.

Message thread policy reminder:
Please do not advertise other coins in our message thread (we had to delete a second such reference today), which is for the discussion, criticism, feedback, etc. of NectarCoin. We don't do that to other threads and expect others to pay us the same courtesy. If not, zzzap.

I like your honest approach NectarCoin but I am certain with your ICO prices you will get low traction on what appears to be a great vision.

Also they are many projects that have similar features that can be acquired for much cheaper prices.

If you launched just 3 months ago I would not be posting this but this is just bad timing...

Also with platforms it is no longer an advantage for a coin to have more than 1 or 2 features my advice is that you focus on 1 feature like the altcoin trading and maybe alerts and offer these services over a P2P API to other coins.

I wish you the best regardless and I hope I am wrong...

Thank you very much for your interest in Nectar. Just a few points, some of which have been previously addressed:
--a bicycle and a motorcycle have similar features (steering, two wheels, a seat, pedals, etc.), but they that offer very different user experiences. A lot of messenger programs were offering Skype-like features before Skype offered a unique and compelling execution that really stoked user interest and adoption.
--this is the beginning of our feature set, not the end. A lot of what we have planned has been kept confidential for post-launch. You should see what we're offering as a new, dynamic platform with a specific vision focused on user adoption, not as a fixed set of features.
--This is indeed a challenging time for altcoins. The bad is that people have grown sick of the flood of altcoins and trading volume is low. The good is that people have grown sick of the flood of altcoins and are hungry for something that will break from the pack. There are altcoins. Then there's our coin. We think different - very different. How different will become clearer in the weeks to come.
--we think the world of altcoins is in a lot of flux. We think bitcoin itself is vulnerable and that this entire ecosystem is fair game for the one coin (dev team + community + vision) that acts with integrity, humility and vision and gets it right. We intend to disrupt. This would be designed for popular use - we're aiming for a market and demographic much wider than crypto enthusiasts, including people who've never heard of crypto, or bitcoin for that matter. People who will respond to a much more user-friendly interface than most Qt coin wallets currently out there.

Sorry we had to delete your original post since it advertised other coins - we edited out those references and hope we've been faithful to the core of your remarks and have addressed them fully. We thank you again for your interest and suggestions.

milestone 6 - 10% of ICO escrow released:
at least 10 community bitcointalk full members have publicly reacted in the forum thread
to our work with the word "wow" (Codename: Sweetness)
Reading the OP leaves me with just one word:

WOW

There you got your first full member.  Wink

We appreciate that, but we're not sure that counts. We have to earn it. Smiley

So if your wow comes after we release one of the future milestones, we'll gratefully tally that as a "wow". Thanks so much for your strong interest in the project - we will work hard to earn those wow's.

nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 06:17:50 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 07:52:42 AM by nectarcoin

We'll be providing irregular updates here in our BCT message thread, on our twitter feed and our website as significant developments or progress toward significant developments arise.

Update on the crowdfunding campaign (CFC):

We're aiming for a 2- or 3-exchange CFC to improve the odds of hitting our target. We're close to settling details with one exchange and working on two others - back-and-forth communication is a bit slower than we expected. There's some ambivalence within the team about this approach though since, for one thing, it's taking longer than any of us would like and at least one of the exchanges is becoming increasingly associated with pump-and-dumps - which is something we do not want this coin associated with. We welcome everyone's thoughts and suggestions on this as we get close to wrapping this up and moving to the next stage.

Note that once we're over this hump, assuming a successful CFC, the tempo of work and activity will accelerate significantly. We are raring to go on our plans as soon as the funding to support them are in place. We thank everyone again for your interest and apologise for the delay in getting started - not completely within our control, unfortunately.

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 07:32:32 PM

Imo 2 exchanges would be fine and please no p&d one like trex, but I guess you figured that out already by yourself Wink
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:44:30 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 07:52:18 AM by nectarcoin

Update on the crowdfunding campaign (CFC):

We're close to settling details with two of the three exchanges but have one more to go, and we're considering a fourth exchange to improve the odds of hitting our target, or getting close. Again, back-and-forth communication has been a bit slower than we expected going in. These guys are busy and, in part as a result of the many scams this past year, the vetting process appears to be more stringent than it looks like it was in the past - and that's a good thing.

Again, please note that once we're over this hump, assuming a successful CFC, the tempo of work and activity will accelerate significantly. And, as part of the CFC funding period, we're considering offering live upon-request access to our demo alert system to give people a sense of how it would work in the desktop app. We feel that this could provide a significant boost of credibility and enthusiasm during the fund raising period.

As always,we welcome everyone's thoughts on this or any other aspect of our proposals.

J3VVL

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 02:54:55 AM

IPO/ICO whatever you wanna call it is a scam... non minable coins are essentially just unregistered securities. :\ look it up
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:08:32 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 07:51:56 AM by nectarcoin

Below NectaCoin addresses the latest rounds of comments, criticisms, other feedback and suggestions. Please keep them coming.
Monday to Saturday generally if there are enough questions (we're out on Sundays).

Please do not advertise other coins in our message thread, which is for the discussion, criticism, feedback, etc. of NectarCoin.
We don't do that to other threads and expect others to pay us the same courtesy. If not, zzzap.
And please, let's be mutually respectful of one another. If we can not, then zzzap.

Imo 2 exchanges would be fine and please no p&d one like trex, but I guess you figured that out already by yourself Wink

Let's just say we're working very diligently to improve the odds no one will label our funding campaign as a pump and dump. We are as disappointed as everyone else has been by what's gone on over the past year and how badly the altcoin ecosystem has been damaged by it all, which is one of the big reasons we decided to move forward with this and do so in a careful and thoughtful manner.

IPO/ICO whatever you wanna call it is a scam... non minable coins are essentially just unregistered securities. :\ look it up

First of all, let's agree to be mutually respectful of one another and to keep the discussion civil.

We understand many people have been burned here. We understand there have been many bad devs and a lot of frayed nerves. We are, as we type, dealing with the consequences of that in our discussions with exchanges that are more stringent (thankfully) than they've apparently been in the past.

But where we come from, you don't accuse someone you've never met, someone who hasn't been involved in any of what's gone up to this point, and call their efforts a "scam."

Now, on your point of non-minable coins/unregistered securities. This is crowdfunding/pre-sale of an application.

You might want to look that up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

As always, we welcome any substantive questions about our proposal and thank you for your interest.

(((HOLY SMOKES >>> TL;DR)))

so this is going to ride on top of NXT asset system ?  I just noticed a few leaked pieces of intellectual property in your project i find amusing!!!   Smiley   basically we are talking software that does something... you are promising to develop a working form of "digital currency" right? you want the cash up front? hmmmm

1) We're promising to deliver a desktop application including functions such as messaging, market alerts and more that include digital currency but go beyond it, as we outlined pretty thoroughly.
2) Cash up front? No, escrow up front that would be held by a trusted third party who'd released portions of the escrow as we delivered on each of the milestones. Please read the [ANN] section regarding the crowdfunding campaign. We state this very clearly several times.
3) "I just noticed a few leaked pieces of intellectual property". A vague allegation with no specifics or evidence. Our designs are all original work.

I think you're our first FUDer. Zzaap.

answer my post then delete it? lol .. you are hopeless ! :\  nice graphics lol

Thank you. We're trying to maintain a balance between being transparent and keeping the thread uncluttered. I think all FUD posters will get at least one chance to air their views, to which we'll respond. But at some point, if a particular user becomes a recurring source of redundant FUD spam, we'll remove it and all references entirely and will blacklist the user. We welcome substantive discussion and constructive criticism of NectarCoin.

Zzyz

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 03:26:06 AM

free coin for tester  Huh
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 01:59:30 PM

I note that you operate from within the EU, have you taken legal advice on whether there is enough distance between the brand identity of Nectar coin and that of Nectar points?

http://www.nectar.com

It's probably too late to change the regrettable choice of brand name but I strongly urge you to make some basic visual changes to establish a lot of “clear, blue water” between “Nectar” (the coin) and “Nectar” (the points).

Cheers

Graham
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 12:15:06 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 01:58:41 AM by nectarcoin

Monday to Saturday generally if there are enough questions (we're out on Sundays).

Please do not advertise other coins in our message thread, which is for the discussion, criticism, feedback, etc. of NectarCoin.
We don't do that to other threads and expect others to pay us the same courtesy. If not, zzzap.

And please, let's be mutually respectful of one another. We welcome constructive criticism, but do not level blanket accusations and allegations without specifics and without evidence.
Let's keep the discussion civil and substantive. If you can not, then zzzap.

I note that you operate from within the EU, have you taken legal advice on whether there is enough distance between the brand identity of Nectar coin and that of Nectar points?

http://www.nectar.com

It's probably too late to change the regrettable choice of brand name but I strongly urge you to make some basic visual changes to establish a lot of “clear, blue water” between “Nectar” (the coin) and “Nectar” (the points).

Cheers

Graham

Yes, we've had legal counsel advising us and, yes, the distinction is between Nectar and NectarCoin. If you review our announcement post (#1), you'll see we have legal services among the list of budget items. We've tried to cover all of the bases here. We thank you for your interest in NectarCoin.

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:47:11 AM

the distinction is between Nectar and NectarCoin ... We've tried to cover all of the bases here.

You missed one - the ANN title:

[ANN][SWEET] Nectar | Crypto's "P2P Skype" | All-in-One "Sweet Suite" | 5+ POD

Thanks for clarifying the distinction, I've ensured that it appears correctly as “Nectarcoin” in the DOACC metadata collection.

Cheers

Graham
nectarcoin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 06:57:19 AM

the distinction is between Nectar and NectarCoin ... We've tried to cover all of the bases here.

You missed one - the ANN title:

[ANN][SWEET] Nectar | Crypto's "P2P Skype" | All-in-One "Sweet Suite" | 5+ POD

Thanks for clarifying the distinction, I've ensured that it appears correctly as “Nectarcoin” in the DOACC metadata collection.

Cheers

Graham

Yes, and a couple others in the ANN - fixed. Thank you for pointing this out.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: