Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are looking for a processor that will integr. a Bitcoin solutionon on website  (Read 2485 times)
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:41:37 PM

1- Casascius suggestion is good.
2- See this: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merchant_Howto

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teste

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:44:12 PM

https://paysius.com/ is an alternative to bit-pay
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 08:45:53 PM

Instead of using a paypment proccessor, you can always integrate bitcoin client into your store and your customers can pay you bitcoins directly instead of being confusingly sent to another webpage.
https://github.com/Xenland/CheaperInBitcoins

Let me know if you need any assistance Cheers!
fornit

Activity: 991
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:14:41 PM

getting your existing customers to use bitcoin might not be so easy, at least not right away. but for people already using bitcoins you are perfect since paying with bitcoins is ridiculously easy and cheap compared to a wire transfer if you already have them.
basically it has very good synergy. you sell something with a large demand and ship almost worldwide improving the usefulness of the currency and in turn profit from a growing potential base of customers that might not have access to your other payment methods or find them inconvenient or expensive.
right now, there are still few people using bitcoins but dont underestimate the potential. i and many other would never pay anything available in bitcoins with any other payment option. its really so much more convenient than anything else, doing an international wire transfer after using bitcoin makes you cry for mercy. so you will definitely get some customers here.
unfortunately i live in germany, otherwise i would have bookmarked you right away.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 09:28:27 PM

unfortunately i live in germany, otherwise i would have bookmarked you right away.

Same. I live in Portugal and they also don't ship to us here Tongue
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 09:29:09 PM

i and many other would never pay anything available in bitcoins with any other payment option.
This.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

i and many other would never pay anything available in bitcoins with any other payment option.
This.
Word.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2012, 10:40:13 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2012, 10:55:39 PM by casascius

This.
Word.

I am a big fan of Bitcoin, but I would use Visa and PayPal where their specific offerings would benefit me... where the extra 2-5% that's ultimately coming out of my pocket buys me some leverage where I need it.  My Bitcoin is like gold to me - if I can pay you with good money or lousy money and everything is the same, you won't get my Bitcoins.  I must concede that there are cases where the premium charged by Visa/MC or the seller-unfriendly policies of eBay give me a palpable benefit as a customer... for everything else, there's Bitcoin.

If Bitcoin gives me a convenience, privacy, security, price, or other advantage that interests me, then I'll pay with Bitcoin.

In this case, Bitcoin is the clear best choice for me buying prescription drugs in circumvention of having to see a doctor and get a prescription and deal with my pharmacy.  Using PayPal for this is shaky as international online pharmacy is against PayPal's acceptable use policy (example) and the risk that my credit card number will be compromised is less tolerable to me than the risk I'll lose a few bucks if the pharmacy turns out to be bogus.  I also get a credible excuse to not share my phone number (I hate getting marketing calls from online pharmacies).

On top of that, I hate how in the US, healthcare privacy is a joke.  Anything you do has to get reported somewhere.  Yeah, sure there is HIPAA, nobody is allowed to divulge anything without your consent, and health care providers take that very seriously.  But there's dozens of things you can't get without giving up consent to break that privacy shield.  Go get life insurance or medical insurance without signing a blanket statement authorizing anybody to divulge anything and everything you've ever gone to a doctor for.  In some professions you can lose your job (imagine being an airline pilot and losing your job because they found out you went to a therapist or take xyz anti-depressant or whatever, given the recent mental breakdowns of flight crew in the news - example).  Enough said - Bitcoin is a perfect way to pay for healthcare-related stuff, and given how people's personal health information is systematically used and abused in the US, everyone has a stake in keeping their business private.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
doldgigger

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2012, 10:49:12 PM

Hello and welcome to this forum and to the bitcoin community,

you might want to introduce yourself in the https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=20292.0 thread in order to get whitelisted for the non-newbie forums.

I spent some time to find out how new potential clients that I can convince to join the Bitcoin community charge their accounts with their credit card.
mtgox.com and aurumxchange.com seem to only allow them to charge with a wire transfer but not a VISA card. (In this case my clients could also transfer directly to my account….)

Where can my clients create an account and buy Bitcoins with a MasterCard/ AMEX?

Since bitcoins are non-reversible by design while credit card chargebacks are relatively easy (and a common practice for scammers), it will be difficult to find someone to accept them as payment.

Now that is a real a drawback!
I understand the problem though, just wonder how to convince new clients to go through the process of becoming a new Bitcoin member, if they can pay me directly with a wire transfer.
Looks like offering Bitcoins as a payment option on my website, is only convenient to existing Bitcoin users, or users that anyway want to use this option for other payments  as well.

I think there is a bit more than that to gain from adopting bitcoin. There might be legally-caused interoperability problems like the credit card chargeback problem. On the other hand, bitcoin is almost unbeatable when it comes to technical interoperability, which has led to a variety of funding methods emerging throughout the past few years.

19orEcoqXQ5bzKbzbAnbQrCkQC5ahSh4P9
Feel free to PM me for consulting and development services.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 12:30:29 AM

My Bitcoin is like gold to me - if I can pay you with good money or lousy money and everything is the same, you won't get my Bitcoins.

With you being in the U.S. where there is a cheap method for converting fiat to Bitcoins (Dwolla -> Mt. Gox, cost $0.25 per transaction) that you would make that statement is something I don't understand.  When there is almost no friction to replenishing a stash of bitcoins, I will use bitcoins over credit card, myself, on principle, regardless of whether or not there is an advantage to doing so.

(With the exception being, like you mentioned, the specific transactions where I might wish to have the option to do a chargeback should one be necessary).

Now the reason you refer to it as "good money" is likely a reference to Gresham.  But Gresham didn't consider today's payment networks which have merchant fees.  Do you believe those coins will appreciate in value more than you might save when there is a merchant discount?

When a merchant receives the benefit of not having to pay the payment card transaction fee and there is no chargeback risk, it becomes possible for the merchant to pass on part of the savings as a discount.  When the purchase price to you is $50 when you use your Visa/MC or discounted at $48.50 worth of bitcoins when you pay using that method, you probably will be more willing to use your "good money" (and then to replenish your "good money" stash by exchanging fiat again.)

This discount isn't huge, but is enough to change buying behavior.  In the U.S., for instance, look at how many gas stations offer a cash price (which is a discount offered when you pay cash instead of paying for your purchase with a credit or debit card.)

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2012, 04:02:30 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2012, 03:26:21 PM by casascius

My Bitcoin is like gold to me - if I can pay you with good money or lousy money and everything is the same, you won't get my Bitcoins.

With you being in the U.S. where there is a cheap method for converting fiat to Bitcoins (Dwolla -> Mt. Gox, cost $0.25 per transaction) that you would make that statement is something I don't understand.  When there is almost no friction to replenishing a stash of bitcoins, I will use bitcoins over credit card, myself, on principle, regardless of whether or not there is an advantage to doing so.

(With the exception being, like you mentioned, the specific transactions where I might wish to have the option to do a chargeback should one be necessary).

The product of PayPal and Visa isn't simply evil in a bottle.  Theirs is a service that ensures that a buyer gets what he pays for.  Such a service benefits the entire economy because buyers are more willing to do business under such terms, and two or three percent in many cases is not a bad price to pay for such a thing.  Any time I am buying something online where I expect a stranger to mail me something, two or three percent is a fantastic price to pay to be assured they're on the hook for keeping their word.

Note I bolded part of my quote above: in most cases everything is not the same.  If there is a discount, or one is more convenient than the other, or meets my needs or wants (wanting to evangelize Bitcoin is one of my wants), that helps me decide.  Replenishing my bitcoins has an inconvenience factor as well as a risk factor (Gox freezes funds? Delays withdrawals and blows smoke? No way!)... they aren't dealbreakers by any means, but they are part of the decision.

I intend to put Bitcoin in perspective.  Bitcoin is good money, and I will value it as such.  But I'm not about to ditch my Visa or close my PayPal account.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 09:47:54 AM

On top of that, I hate how in the US, healthcare privacy is a joke.  Anything you do has to get reported somewhere.  Yeah, sure there is HIPAA, nobody is allowed to divulge anything without your consent, and health care providers take that very seriously.  But there's dozens of things you can't get without giving up consent to break that privacy shield.  Go get life insurance or medical insurance without signing a blanket statement authorizing anybody to divulge anything and everything you've ever gone to a doctor for.  In some professions you can lose your job (imagine being an airline pilot and losing your job because they found out you went to a therapist or take xyz anti-depressant or whatever, given the recent mental breakdowns of flight crew in the news - example).  Enough said - Bitcoin is a perfect way to pay for healthcare-related stuff, and given how people's personal health information is systematically used and abused in the US, everyone has a stake in keeping their business private.

+1.  Some health care providers in the USA demand 10 years free of counseling, anti-anxiety medication, and anti-depressant medication before they will write a health policy for you.  Pay for your meds with bitcoin and you are worry-free. 

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DublinBrian

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2012, 11:27:51 AM

Can anyone recommend a processor that will integrate a Bitcoin solution to our website that will allow customers to receive the payment code, without us manually having to send them the link?
Bitcoin247.com are based in the eurozone (Ireland) so might be easier for you to deal with in Switzerland than a US based payment processor.
tiptopgemdotcom
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000

Truly decentralized stable asset

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 06:14:17 AM

Did you find a solution or pick a provider yet?

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kyoo

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 07:47:29 AM

First of all welcome to the bitcoinworld! I hope you stay with us and do honest business.

As I am Swiss may I just throw in my humble opinion that theswisspharmacy.com has actually nothing to do in any way with Switzerland. You do not deliver to Switzerland and you are incorporated in the Seychelles according to your own information:
http://www.theswisspharmacy.com/shop_content.php?coID=8

So to me it makes a little bit of a strange impression to call oneself something that is far from reality.

A search for your address there shows at least that you are not alone at this street.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Unit+117+Orion+Mall+Palm+Street+Victoria%2C+Mahe+Seychelles

Xenland
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 09:13:36 AM

Cheaper In Bitcoins.com will soon offer API solutions to their merchants to incorporate into their website to allow their customers purchase with Bitcoins.
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 09:46:13 AM

welcome fellow Swiss Smiley

I did look into that the other day. They have an address in Geneva along with a whole pile of other companies, along with being incorporated in Seychelles.

It is true that the Swiss flag, part of the Swiss Enterprises Ltd, phone number in Geneva all while not having a swiss pharmacy license and operating under the laws of Seychelles is slightly misleading as it builds upon the reputation and image of Switzerland and does not even service it.
I believe I remember it said under Swiss management at least, not sure if that relates to the owners specifically or the intermediary providing the Company formation services.

You can do the same, have your virtual office in one place and operate under the laws of somewhere friendly with the humble services of http://sfm-offshore.com/
You will then have the same postal address as your pharmacy.

It's about optimizing your taxes and all Smiley and "Riding the horse in the direction that it's going" something I am definitely optimizing this year.

The bright side is they seem to have a good reputation and have a well run business so good for them.

I was going to ask SwissPharmacy if they could source some good old Spirulina from India or somewhere payable in Bitcoins but you don't deliver to Switzerland... I will have to set it up myself Smiley

casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 04:25:39 PM

I assume all Internet pharmacies lie about where they are located and that the location really doesn't matter.  Any time I have ordered from "Canadian" pharmacies the packages never come from Canada. If I talk to a Canadian pharmacy on the phone and ask where they are, they can always name a city (e.g. Toronto), but then if I ask what province that's in (e.g. Ontario), they never can answer!

Seeing the script of an Indian language on one of the images prominently featured on the front was my first clue that "Swiss" might possibly be a brand.

But I am fine with it. It is the reason my medication is $4 rather than $20 it would cost if it really comes from Canada or Switzerland, where a prescription may be mandatory as well. All I care is that my medication was made by a real pharmaceutical and comes in a real factory container, and not made in a basement vat with homemade packaging, and this need has always been met.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: