Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAWMiners.com Hash Marketplace- AVOID! (See update)  (Read 7998 times)
MrGreenHat (OP)

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:58:52 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 10:11:44 PM by MrGreenHat
Merited by suchmoon (4)

So about 20 minutes ago, I was splitting up some of my Zen Hashlets to sell.
I had a total of 73 MH/s of zen hashlets, and I split them 70 MH, 1 MH, 1 MH, 1 MH.

I never intended to sell the 70 MH. Somehow, I accidentally clicked on the 70 MH hashlet on accident and typed in the price of what I would sell the 1 MH Zen hashlet for (thinking I was selling my 3rd and last 1 MH zen hashlet).

I IMMEDIATELY realized what I had done and within a split second clicked "Remove miner from sale", but I kept getting error messages saying that I could not remove the miner for sale. A few minutes later, the 70 MH Zen Hashlet sold for $18.90, so I effectively spent ~$1400 on Zen Hashlets only to have them sold for a total of $18.90. I instantly called GAWMiners.com, explained the situation, and asked if they could reverse the transaction. Their response was that there was "nothing they could do about it" and that all of their supervisors are busy at a conference in Vegas. I asked to speak to ANYONE in their office who was a supervisor and apparently this one phone technician was the only person working (according to her).

This is a fucked up situation. I gave my contact information to the tech-support woman I spoke with and she said that she would send an email to "Eric" who is at the conference in Vegas relaying my situation and contact information. Now I get to sit here and wait knowing that these so called "Geniuses at Work" just fucked me out of approximately $1,380.00.

I thought this company was legit, they seemed like they were willing to go the extra mile for the customer, but they have proven to me in this instance that they don't give two SHITS about their customers. Obviously, no one is going to sell 70 MH of zen hashlets for $18.90, and they should recognize that it was a simple human error and reverse the transaction, I made sure to call them the second it happened so that they could take care of it A.S.A.P., but instead they basically told me to "fuck off".

UPDATE:
10/10/14. 6:10 P.M. EDT

Still haven't heard back from anyone at GAWMiners, after filing a support ticket and being told by customer service that my contact info had been forwarded to "Eric". Also, interestingly enough- they have lowered the prices for every hashlet available in their hash market by about $2!!! What a surprise! I guess the 10% cut they were getting (they get 5% from bother seller AND buyer in their marketplace) just wasn't enough for those greedy bastards, so they dropped the price on brand new hashlets so they could sell more of those and leave those trying to sell their hashlets for a decent price screwed! Talk about fucked up business practices!!

Do not do business with these people!

If they do contact me and fix this mess I will update this thread, but until then, I think this thread should serve as a cautionary tale for anyone who plans on doing business with GAWMiners.com
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrBubbly

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:10:01 PM

Thanks for the hashlets  Grin
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:12:33 PM

I'm glad you think its funny.
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:13:15 PM

sorry for you, but you pushed the sell button. not them. if you want to sell low, its your call. not theirs.
jebus911

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:13:40 PM

yes means yes.
hamm3r

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:14:11 PM

Don't click the wrong button, newb.
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:14:21 PM

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 06:15:01 PM

So about 20 minutes ago, I was splitting up some of my Zen Hashlets to sell.
I had a total of 73 MH/s of zen hashlets, and I split them 70 MH, 1 MH, 1 MH, 1 MH.

I never intended to sell the 70 MH. Somehow, I accidentally clicked on the 70 MH hashlet on accident and typed in the price of what I would sell the 1 MH Zen hashlet for (thinking I was selling my 3rd and last 1 MH zen hashlet).

I IMMEDIATELY realized what I had done and within a split second clicked "Remove miner from sale", but I kept getting error messages saying that I could not remove the miner for sale. A few minutes later, the 70 MH Zen Hashlet sold for $18.90, so I effectively spent ~$1400 on Zen Hashlets only to have them sold for a total of $18.90. I instantly called GAWMiners.com, explained the situation, and asked if they could reverse the transaction. Their response was that there was "nothing they could do about it" and that all of their supervisors are busy at a conference in Vegas. I asked to speak to ANYONE in their office who was a supervisor and apparently this one phone technician was the only person working (according to her).

This is a fucked up situation. I gave my contact information to the tech-support woman I spoke with and she said that she would send an email to "Eric" who is at the conference in Vegas relaying my situation and contact information. Now I get to sit here and wait knowing that these so called "Geniuses at Work" just fucked me out of approximately $1,380.00.

I thought this company was legit, they seemed like they were willing to go the extra mile for the customer, but they have proven to me in this instance that they don't give two SHITS about their customers. Obviously, no one is going to sell 70 MH of zen hashlets for $18.90, and they should recognize that it was a simple human error and reverse the transaction, I made sure to call them the second it happened so that they could take care of it A.S.A.P., but instead they basically told me to "fuck off".

Do not do business with these people!

If they do contact me and fix this mess I will update this thread, but until then, I think this thread should serve as a cautionary tale for anyone who plans on doing business with GAWMiners.com
Ummm....

GAW didn't fuck you out of $1380 - you did that yourself.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:15:40 PM

sorry for you, but you pushed the sell button. not them. if you want to sell low, its your call. not theirs.

I realize that, but the second I hit "sell", I immediately realized what I had done and tried to take it off the market. It wouldn't let me. Then a few minutes later, it sold. I am upset because the website prevented me from taking it off the market the second I put it on.
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:16:17 PM

one time i fatfingered and accidentally dumped my ARCH for cheap on Bittrex.

I called Rami & Richie and told them it was a mistake and I never intended to sell them so they should reverse the transaction.

They told me to go fuck myself.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:17:19 PM

You ALL seem to be missing the point. I realize that it was my fault for clicking "YES", but there is no reason that I shouldn't have been able to remove them instantly, which the portal would not let me.
MrBubbly

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:17:39 PM

I'm actually not kiddin.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 06:18:38 PM

You ALL seem to be missing the point. I realize that it was my fault for clicking "YES", but there is no reason that I shouldn't have been able to remove them instantly, which the portal would not let me.
Very likely because somebody purchased them immediately.  The portal wouldn't let you because they were no longer yours to remove from the market.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:21:22 PM

Very likely because somebody purchased them immediately.  The portal wouldn't let you because they were no longer yours to remove from the market.
There is no possible way that anyone could have purchased them in the amount of time between when I clicked "Sell" and then "Remove from Market". It was literally a split-second, and I continued to click "remove from market" for at least 2 minutes before it actually sold. So I don't think that is what happened.
Efelts01

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:22:22 PM

You fuck up and blame the company for your mistake....classic...
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:24:44 PM

Thanks for the hashlets  Grin
I'm actually not kiddin.
If you actually did purchase them,  I would really appreciate it if you would let me send you a few hundred bucks in exchange for the return of the 70 MHs of zen hashlets. Obviously you aren't obligated to do so, but if you are willing to help someone out who screwed up on accident, I will certainly compensate you.
J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:26:59 PM

I'm actually not kiddin.
If you actually did purchase them,  I would really appreciate it if you would let me send you a few hundred bucks in exchange for the return of the 70 MHs of zen hashlets. Obviously you aren't obligated to do so, but if you are willing to help someone out who screwed up on accident, I will certainly compensate you.

well im glad at least you now admit its your screw up.

dont worry, it took me a while to when i fatfingered on trex. fuck you richie & rami you fuckers owe me a boat.
MrBubbly

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:48:38 PM

I'm actually not kiddin.

I dont know man.

We've grown close.
DerekH

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

There is no possible way that anyone could have purchased them in the amount of time between when I clicked "Sell" and then "Remove from Market". It was literally a split-second, and I continued to click "remove from market" for at least 2 minutes before it actually sold. So I don't think that is what happened.

It would be very easy for someone running a script set up to buy any hashlets at a big discount to buy it in a split second.

Also I just checked, you need to hit "Sell" then "Confirm" then "Confirm" again. I'm not sure what you expect them to do other than disallowing people from selling at the price they want.
MrGreenHat (OP)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:58:44 PM

I'm actually not kiddin.

I dont know man.

We've grown close.
if you really bought them, what was their name?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: