Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:24:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out  (Read 32777 times)
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:30:13 PM

Charlie given that what has been communicated via PMs is now verified about your claim in early oct to send 50 BTC to bracek you are in clear violation of your own words. Implying you are not a man of your word based on your actions.

It is now clear that you made a claim to pay bracek and now over a month later you have renneged on that and not shown you still have the coins.

One of my posts above shows two of my past customers buying 25 BTC casascius coins from you in August 2014. Of which it appears bracek has not gotten paid for (assuming those coins sold were his).

yes, those were my two coins and they are sold
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:31:34 PM

Charlie given that what has been communicated via PMs is now verified about your claim in early oct to send 50 BTC to bracek you are in clear violation of your own words. Implying you are not a man of your word based on your actions.

It is now clear that you made a claim to pay bracek and now over a month later you have renneged on that and not shown you still have the coins.

One of my posts above shows two of my past customers buying 25 BTC casascius coins from you in August 2014. Of which it appears bracek has not gotten paid for (assuming those coins sold were his).

Are you located in the US?
bracek (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:42:42 PM

why is that relevant ?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:41:15 PM

why is that relevant ?
Send him a formal demand letter using registered mail, and cc his lawyer (Marc Agnifilo). You can do that even if you're out of the US of course, but it might be more effective if you are.
bracek (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:59:00 PM

why is that relevant ?
Send him a formal demand letter using registered mail, and cc his lawyer (Marc Agnifilo). You can do that even if you're out of the US of course, but it might be more effective if you are.

thanx for the info, btw, I am in Europe
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 09:29:17 PM

So the bitcoin payment for those two coins never went to you?

If so, then Charlie either has it or spent it on something else.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bracek (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 10:50:06 PM

So the bitcoin payment for those two coins never went to you?

If so, then Charlie either has it or spent it on something else.

he sent approx 22.7 so far,
of 60 btc

that is 54 btc for 2 x 25s , and 2 singles with error (6 btc)

that is what he did not pay for yet
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:02:06 PM

You are more than welcome to do this, however it'll probably delay this. I've already paid back over 80% of the funds owed to him.

of 60 btc

Actually I sent 24.7 so far, another 2 was sent this morning.

https://blockchain.info/tx/80f5c0e81367d6f482fea941847658c313035fb456d82001ea77ee054833d7b0

Yes I've confirmed I sold most of the coins. I still have a few left I sent for grading. I never said I did not sell the 25 coins.

According to your address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

I've paid 154 BTC for selling a total of 189.3 BTC worth of physical coins. That is 81.5% of the debt has been repaid and I am consistently repaying the debt here. I am not debating the validity of the debt.

As promised I will keep sending coins as I sell physicals until this debt has been repaid.

You guys can keep posting here every day, claiming I am a scammer, while in the background I will keep sending Bracek coins to repay the debt. I have never scammed anyone before, nor do I plan on doing so.

Will post again when more coins are sent.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:16:39 PM

You are more than welcome to do this, however it'll probably delay this. I've already paid back over 80% of the funds owed to him.

of 60 btc

Actually I sent 24.7 so far, another 2 was sent this morning.

https://blockchain.info/tx/80f5c0e81367d6f482fea941847658c313035fb456d82001ea77ee054833d7b0

Yes I've confirmed I sold most of the coins. I still have a few left I sent for grading. I never said I did not sell the 25 coins.

According to your address:

https://blockchain.info/address/1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

I've paid 154 BTC for selling a total of 189.3 BTC worth of physical coins. That is 81.5% of the debt has been repaid and I am consistently repaying the debt here. I am not debating the validity of the debt.

As promised I will keep sending coins as I sell physicals until this debt has been repaid.

You guys can keep posting here every day, claiming I am a scammer, while in the background I will keep sending Bracek coins to repay the debt. I have never scammed anyone before, nor do I plan on doing so.

It appears you are definitely not a man of your word as you appear to backpedal on things you've said in the past in PMs.

You sold TWO 25 BTC coins and then never sent the 50 BTC you promised to send bracek.

That to me is taking an interest free loan unannounced.

Not cool.

Define scamming please. Delaying on repaying a debt over a long period of time to me is scamming.

Personally I think you should go the extra mile in your repayment and make it worth bracek's time waiting. Otherwise you just got an interest free loan.

BTW I seen the thread where you sold the TWO 25 btc coins where you deleted the OP and other posts of yours within that thread. Questionable actions yet you have not explained yourself despite being asked by bracek why you would do that even though you sold his two 25's and didn't pay him.

Shady business dealing. Not cool.

If I have done one thing on this forum for over 3 years now consistently, it is to call a spade a spade.

This thread is motivation for you to make things right with bracek and your debt. Only since this thread started did you really start to be responsive obviously to protect your image naturally. Remember this debt has been in the making since August. 3 months ago.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

bobabouey2

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

I think the confusing thing is whether you have paid 100% of the proceeds you have actually received from selling Bracek's coins (leaving aside any compensation you were getting for arranging the sale).

If you haven't, then that seems to be different from the agreed transaction (essentially sell Casascius coins on consignment), and also seems to imply that you do not have the funds to pay Bracek.

If you don't have the funds because you haven't sold the coins, or are awaiting payment, then its a different story.

If not, if I was Bracek, I would be concerned both that you changed the term of the deal, and also that I have no visibility into how you plan to obtain funds to pay me... Especially given that my counterparty is awaiting sentencing that include forfeiture, penalties and possibly jail time.  
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:40:43 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 04:54:01 PM by Yankee (BitInstant)

I think the confusing thing is whether you have paid 100% of the proceeds you have actually received from selling Bracek's coins (leaving aside any compensation you were getting for arranging the sale).

If you haven't, then that seems to be different from the agreed transaction (essentially sell Casascius coins on consignment), and also seems to imply that you do not have the funds to pay Bracek.

If you don't have the funds because you haven't sold the coins, or are awaiting payment, then its a different story.

If not, if I was Bracek, I would be concerned both that you changed the term of the deal, and also that I have no visibility into how you plan to obtain funds to pay me... Especially given that my counterparty is awaiting sentencing that include forfeiture, penalties and possibly jail time.  

That makes sense, and concerning as well.

If you scroll to earlier posts, I addressed this. Originally the deal was for me to pay Bracek when I sell the coins. I got a little cocky early on and would pay him immediately upon receiving the physicals knowing I would be able to sell the coins. At this point, I still have some physicals coins that I already paid him for many weeks ago.

Unfortunately, our deal was not properly laid out. It did not go beyond "Pay me when you sell the coins". There was no contingency in place. I set a precedent by prematurely sending coins before I sold them. You can say that I effectively changed the deal to Braceks benefit by paying him earlier.

I do have enough physical coins to pay the rest of the debt. I mentioned earlier, I have sent over a dozen physical coins to be graded as well as privately selling coins on the forums. Every few days when I make a sale, I have been sending him the BTC, including this morning I sent another 2.

-Charlie

Personally I think you should go the extra mile in your repayment and make it worth bracek's time waiting. Otherwise you just got an interest free loan.

This thread is motivation for you to make things right with bracek and your debt. Only since this thread started did you really start to be responsive obviously to protect your image naturally. Remember this debt has been in the making since August. 3 months ago.

I've been paying back Bracek before this thread even started, and continued. In fact, most of the coins were sent to him before this thread was started.

You are more than welcome to call a spade a spade, call me a scammer, do whatever you want. I have never scammed anyone, always paid back debts and I dont plan on stopping now. The fact that I paid back over 80% can attest to that.

As for the delay, I am happy to pay the standard interest rate of prime + 1% in interest for the rest of the funds.

Currently, 35.3 BTC is left to be paid (out of 189.3)

4.25% (Prime 3.25% + 1%) = 1.5 BTC annually or effectively 0.03 weekly with compounding interest.

This is for the first 4 weeks:

Year   Week    Starting Value   Multiplier   Interest Earned   End Value
0   1   35.30   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.33
0   2   35.33   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.36
0   3   35.36   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.39
0   4   35.39   0.0815113156885 %   0.03   35.42

After every payment, we will recalculate the interest.

Source: http://www.ginifab.com/feeds/compound_interest_calculator/?p=35.3&r=4.25&m=52.14&t=1&fv=36.83&rr=4.34

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

bracek (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:00:23 PM

smoothie,
thank you for helping me fight this,

regarding our bitcoin pioneer,
it is remarkable how a sale to pay me occurs only after a little more pressure here,
or how he in spite of being offline for a few weeks managed to see and respond to this thread within hours of creation...
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 05:06:41 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 05:17:30 PM by Yankee (BitInstant)

it is remarkable how a sale to pay me occurs only after a little more pressure here,

I actually paid you 70% of the debt before this thread was created.

or how he in spite of being offline for a few weeks managed to see and respond to this thread within hours of creation...

Yes, someone sent me a tweet asking me if this thread was legitimate. You could have easily emailed me, sent me a twitter, or facebook.

I've offered to pay you interest for the delay, I only have 35 left, so I will pay you 4.25% interest per week.

EDIT: I meant to say 4.25% annually accrued weekly. At the rate I've been paying, it should be paid back in a few weeks.

-Charlie

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:11:40 PM

Like I said because his reputation is on the line that is why I believe he is so apt to respond now.

Yes, someone sent me a tweet asking me if this thread was legitimate. You could have easily emailed me, sent me a twitter, or facebook.

I've offered to pay you interest for the delay, I only have 35 left, so I will pay you 4.25% interest per week.

-Charlie

Really? 4.25% interest weekly? Lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 05:17:09 PM

Like I said because his reputation is on the line that is why I believe he is so apt to respond now.

Incorrect. I paid 70% of the debt before this thread was created. I've always responded. Emails, tweets, calls, ect. He only created this thread because I didn't log onto the forums for a few days. In that time he could have easily emailed or called me. Since its created, I've continued to pay and not 81.5% of the debt has been repaid.

-Charlie

Really? 4.25% interest weekly? Lol

*Sorry, I meant to say 4.25% annually accrued weekly. At the rate I've been paying, it should be paid back in a few weeks.

Fixed original thread.

bracek (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:23:08 PM

I am glad to see some final date on all of this,

but I doubt it will be over that easily...
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 05:30:07 PM

Understood. I am going as fast as I can. I appreciate that its annoying to have to wait, so I offered interest every week.

I am paying you weekly interest (at 4.25% annually), this will make sure I pay you back as soon as possible. The longer it takes me the more I have to pay you

-Charlie

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:43:02 PM

Understood. I am going as fast as I can. I appreciate that its annoying to have to wait, so I offered interest every week.

I am paying you weekly interest (at 4.25% annually), this will make sure I pay you back as soon as possible. The longer it takes me the more I have to pay you

-Charlie

Just my two cents that I think what is fair is paying that interest rate for as long as the debt has been delayed to be repaid. Meaning weeks prior to this should account as well if that was not your plan originally posted earlier today.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 05:59:03 PM

-Charlie

Just my two cents that I think what is fair is paying that interest rate for as long as the debt has been delayed to be repaid. Meaning weeks prior to this should account as well if that was not your plan originally posted earlier today.

I think its fair if we start the day Bracek PM'ed me to ask for the remaining 60 BTC (from the 2 coins) on October 4th. Thats 5 days before this thread was created. That means we are currently 6 weeks in.

According to: http://www.ginifab.com/feeds/compound_interest_calculator/?p=60&r=4.25&m=52.14&t=1&fv=62.60&rr=4.34

So, 60BTC at 4.25% annual compounding interest.

Year   Weeks   Starting Value   Multiplier   Interest Earned   End Value
0   1   60.00   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.05
0   2   60.05   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.10
0   3   60.10   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.15
0   4   60.15   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.20
0   5   60.20   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.24
0   6   60.24   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.29

Since I have paid back 24.7BTC out of 60BTC as of this morning, I currently owe:

60.29BTC - 24.7BTC = 35.59BTC

-Charlie

ACCTseller

Activity: 532

no longer selling accounts

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

-Charlie

I think its fair if we start the day Bracek PM'ed me to ask for the remaining 60 BTC (from the 2 coins) on October 4th. Thats 5 days before this thread was created. That means we are currently 6 weeks in.

According to: http://www.ginifab.com/feeds/compound_interest_calculator/?p=60&r=4.25&m=52.14&t=1&fv=62.60&rr=4.34

So, 60BTC at 4.25% annual compounding interest.

Year   Weeks   Starting Value   Multiplier   Interest Earned   End Value
0   1   60.00   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.05
0   2   60.05   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.10
0   3   60.10   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.15
0   4   60.15   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.20
0   5   60.20   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.24
0   6   60.24   0.0815113156885 %   0.05   60.29

Since I have paid back 24.7BTC out of 60BTC as of this morning, I currently owe:

60.29BTC - 24.7BTC = 35.59BTC

-Charlie
If you are paying interest and it will likely take a long time sell the two coins why don't you just send one of the 25 BTC coins back to braek to cover the majority of the rest of the debt?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: