Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:59:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie Shrem is scammer, watch out  (Read 32782 times)
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:42:12 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 01:27:55 PM by sublime5447

Charlie is trashing charlie's reputation... the OP has been more than understanding. Its not cool to sell someones assets then user thier money for your own purposes and take your sweet ass time paying back, breaking payment schedule one after another. Its been a long time, there is no doubt he no longer has the coins. Maybe his "coin grader" is LE and they needed more time to take a closer look at the coins and cassius in general?
I cannot point to a single post by the OP in which he was "understanding" to the situation. Nor have I seen irrefutable proof that Charlie has actually been able to sell the coins.

The OP has been bumping this thread for months while he had access to contact information for Charlie the entire time that he choose not to use to even *try* to get ahold of charlie by. He even took a long time in responding to Charlie's request for a BTC address to send payment to when he was receiving emails from someone claiming to be the OP to send him payment.

That is because it was an obvious stall tactic, I will let the OP respond if he cares to, there really is no need the thread and timeline speak for itself. If he could sell the coins or not makes two shits one way or another he could have settled this.  
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:02:31 AM

I disagree with the consensus in this thread. I haven't met or spoken to him but I believe he's a trustworthy person, from what I can see it simply seems like he doesn't have access to enough bitcoins at the moment.

I'm willing to seamlessly buy the debt at a fair price and allow Charlie up to 6 months of zero scrutiny to return the funds as long as he is fully aware of what's going on and approves the debt transfer. I've been following this thread for a while and I believe there is a good chance he will return the funds. Before moving forward I'd also like some sort of update from him, I'm a patient person but I'd like an idea of when he will have available funds.

PM me your offer for the debt and I can send payment immediately after my above conditions are reached.
I would be careful dealing with barcek, (look at his username - it is very close to Obama's first name - certainly untrustworthy) he seems to not be the most honest trader on here, not by far.

I know that he has posted an address that he said will not change, and asked someone to quote him in case his account were to get hacked. Someone had quoted him on this thread, but after checking the entire thread twice I am unable to find either message.

If you do get an offer from barcek I would suggest having badbear restore the deleted posts and getting a signed message from the same address that was posted. The only address that barcek has posted is here.

Have you been reading the same thread I've been reading? While I think bracek's communications are crude he has a valid point. Charlie writes politely but has repeatedly made promises only to break them / backpedal. Charlie downplays the issue by saying he can pay back fast and that he's making regular payments... But the last payment I see on the wallet address was on 2014-11-19. In my book Charlie is screwing over bracek. I would be pissed too.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:18:21 AM

He even took a long time in responding to Charlie's request for a BTC address to send payment to when he was receiving emails from someone claiming to be the OP to send him payment.

That is because it was an obvious stall tactic, I will let the OP respond if he cares to, there real is no need the thread and timeline speak for itself. If he could sell the coins or not makes two shits one way or another he could have settled this.  
An obvious stall tactic by bracek.

{ BitSpill }
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:06:23 PM

I disagree with the consensus in this thread, I think these funds will most likely be repaid with delay. I haven't met or spoken with Charlie but I believe he's a reasonably trustworthy person, from what I can see it simply seems like he doesn't have access to enough bitcoins at the moment.

I'm willing to seamlessly buy the debt at a fair price and allow Charlie up to 6 months of zero scrutiny to return the funds as long as he is fully aware of what's going on and approves the debt transfer.  Before moving forward I'd also like some sort of update from him, I'm a patient person but I'd like an idea of when he will have available funds.

PM me your offer for the debt and we'll move from there.
if you looked at all the facts about this situation and how Charlie has conducted himself perhaps you would see how dishonest he has been all the while trying to make people perceive him as an honest member.

Anyone who says they will do something and does not deliver and makes excuses or goes silent is a scammer (unless they passed away).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:18:46 PM

He fucked the OP over plan and simple, he stole the coins with the hopes of speculating on some bullshit bitcoin scam and he got short dicked, when he couldn't pay he started pussy footing around the issue buying time. Sold the coins at a 600 valuation in august and still cant repay at a 300 valuation today.

Walter block kissing ass and others, none have neg rated him... including you smoothie!

Good point. Will do today.

Have you neg. rated him yourself?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:25:06 PM

I disagree with the consensus in this thread. I haven't met or spoken to him but I believe he's a trustworthy person, from what I can see it simply seems like he doesn't have access to enough bitcoins at the moment.

I'm willing to seamlessly buy the debt at a fair price and allow Charlie up to 6 months of zero scrutiny to return the funds as long as he is fully aware of what's going on and approves the debt transfer. I've been following this thread for a while and I believe there is a good chance he will return the funds. Before moving forward I'd also like some sort of update from him, I'm a patient person but I'd like an idea of when he will have available funds.

PM me your offer for the debt and I can send payment immediately after my above conditions are reached.
I would be careful dealing with barcek, (look at his username - it is very close to Obama's first name - certainly untrustworthy) he seems to not be the most honest trader on here, not by far.

This ^ is the dumbest reason I've ever heard of why a user is untrustworthy!

"Look Stunna has two N's in his username, he must be a nazi^2 and therefore a scammer^2."

Lol  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:28:32 PM

I know that he has posted an address that he said will not change, and asked someone to quote him in case his account were to get hacked. Someone had quoted him on this thread, but after checking the entire thread twice I am unable to find either message.

If you do get an offer from barcek I would suggest having badbear restore the deleted posts and getting a signed message from the same address that was posted. The only address that barcek has posted is here.

Good call, I'd likely be leaving that burden on Charlie though. If they have communication through another channel and he can confirm that this is indeed the correct person I would require him to pay me back the remaining coins regardless of whether or not his confirmation was correct. It shouldn't be difficult for him to 100% prove it and it would be a small amount of effort for a 6 month payment extension without someone constantly bad mouthing his name/reputation.
It appears that barek does not have any intention of communicating via other channels, other then in ways that make a public scene of the situation. You are not the only one who offered to buy the debt, but it doesn't appear that he is actually serious about selling it, he only wants to trash Charlie's reputation.

Why not make it public?

Do you know that Charlie only really became active in responding once I started calling him out on this thread based in the verified facts?

Charlie can fix this if he so chooses. But once again that would require him actually finishing his claims and not backing out like he has over and over.

I've said he needs to have a set payment plan they both agree on and stick to it. No flailing around.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 06:36:08 PM

He fucked the OP over plan and simple, he stole the coins with the hopes of speculating on some bullshit bitcoin scam and he got short dicked, when he couldn't pay he started pussy footing around the issue buying time. Sold the coins at a 600 valuation in august and still cant repay at a 300 valuation today.

Walter block kissing ass and others, none have neg rated him... including you smoothie!

Good point. Will do today.

Have you neg. rated him yourself?

Yes
bracek (OP)

Activity: 530

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:59:54 PM

I'm willing to seamlessly buy the debt at a fair price and allow Charlie up to 6 months of zero scrutiny to return the funds as long as he is fully aware of what's going on and approves the debt transfer.  Before moving forward I'd also like some sort of update from him, I'm a patient person but I'd like an idea of when he will have available funds.

I will keep everything public,
since you trust Charlie, paying for his debt at 90% should not be a problem ?
do we have a deal ?

payment to the same address as posted somewhere above

here it is :

1EYn7SvBGm6PGgzq6XCQ74MB5RXvRT7USd

offer is the same for all Charlies boot lickers,
if you can speak for him, let your money speak too,
he is an honest guy, we all know it, I just have no more patience,
that is all, I trust him too, we all should

so it should be an easy 10% or almost 4 btc, go for it,
I could find at least 5 people here that should be willing to grab this opportunity
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:18:18 AM

do we have a deal ?

here it is :

I could find at least 5 people here that should be willing to grab this opportunity
Do you have info on where he lives or ways people can collect this debt in real life? Otherwise 90% is way too high for someone who buys/considers getting into debt collection.

malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:46:52 AM

do we have a deal ?

here it is :

Do you have info on where he lives or ways people can collect this debt in real life? Otherwise 90% is way too high for someone who buys/considers getting into debt collection.
Regardless of if someone has his location in RL 90% on delinquent debt if absurdly high. When collecting on behalf of someone else the norm for a collection agency would be to keep between 25-33% of the amount actually collected and if they are purchasing delinquent debt will receive a much larger discount. On a NPV basis, someone assuming a 5% discount rate and a 90% chance of full repayment with a 10% chance of no repayment (after 6 months), the debt is worth ~60% of the face value today.

Furthermore it would be reckless for anyone to outright send money to you in this fashion without Charlie acknowledging the transfer of debt as he would likely otherwise send the BTC to your address first and then post here and find that you have sold the debt. IMO this is nothing short of you trying to scam Stunna (and anyone else considering buying your debt) as I can assure you that you have no intention of repaying any overpayment you would receive.

Not only that but it would be stupid for anyone to blindly send money to that address without you first acknowledging who you are selling the debt to specifically as anyone could potentially claim they sent BTC to the address   

bracek (OP)

Activity: 530

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 12:54:07 AM

but, guys, 90% is a steal,
real bargain with a guy like Charlie,
he is our bitcoin pioneer , who wouldn't trust him ?

so, easy 4 btc as I said before,
we just need someone from posts above,
someone who knows how good and honest Charlie is and who can step in for him...
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:52:12 AM

I see what you did there. lol  Cheesy

I'm waiting to see who steps up to the plate that supports Charlie to buy out this debt! 

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 01:58:37 AM

No it is not. As I explained above with even a cheap discount rate 90% is overpaying if you are going to give him 6 months to repay. Even if he was guaranteed to repay the debt with a 5% discount rate the debt is worth ~71%.

You are probably going to say that you are suffering as a result of him delaying payment, however you would have nothing if it were not for him because you would not be able to have sold any of the coins in the first place

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 09:28:03 PM

He just got sentenced to 2 years in prison..

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-12-19/ex-bitcoin-foundation-s-shrem-gets-2-year-term-in-silk-road-case

I assume that is why he has been sort of distracted...might make that repayment date a tad longer  Undecided
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 09:47:50 PM

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-12-19/ex-bitcoin-foundation-s-shrem-gets-2-year-term-in-silk-road-case

I assume that is why he has been sort of distracted...might make that repayment date a tad longer  Undecided
Probably also why he hasn't logged in for the past month.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 10:17:22 PM

Probably also why he hasn't logged in for the past month.

Yeah I figured something was up..and assumed it had to do with his legal issues. Let's hope he will somehow get Bracek taken care of.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2014, 10:26:48 PM

He will probably only do around 1/6 of the time.

No biggie.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:41:58 PM

Well it looks like it will be at least until Charlie gets out of prison until Barak (or anyone who buys his debt) will get repaid
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 19, 2014, 10:47:13 PM

Well attending a court case and getting some time in jail will certainly keep you distracted from checking the forum for IOUs you have.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: