Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MT.Gox will not release over $26,000 USD  (Read 8596 times)
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 11:12:10 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 04:03:12 AM by Inaba

I have been trying for nearly 3 weeks to release over $26,000 from MTGox.  Through miriad delays, lies and false promises, I am still unable to withdraw any USD from MTGox.  I believe, though I have not tested, that I may be able to transfer the funds out via Bitcoins, but it would come at a cost of conversion.  Which I have already paid twice in the past three weeks trying to get funds out.

At this point, I am absolutely sick and tired of the lying and BS that comes out of MTGox.  Nothing honest is ever released on their blog, it's always missing important facts or contains outright falsehoods.  Their customer service is a joke (I know, surprise!), and every time I contact them, they take days to get back to me... when they do it does not address the issue, but points to useless blog posts or gives excuses for actions taken or not taken.

After finally getting them to cancel the Dwolla withdrawals they had "pending" for over a week, they canceled just one of them, letting another $10,000 hang in limbo until I contacted them again.  I requested that they do a wire transfer of the funds to my bank and that I would pay the fee on my side, even though they should cover all fees for holding on to my money for a week with no compensation or reasonable explanation.  I got no response to this request, not even a denial.  

I then  converted the USD to bitcoins and sucked up the "fee" MtGox charges for the privilege of keeping my money indefinitely.  After trying to find a suitable way to transfer the BTC out and convert it into fiat, it became clear that the charges to do so would be exorbitant, as all the exchange services are not setup to convert large amounts of BTC to fiat and their fee structure makes it impractical.

So, I went ahead, last night, and sucked up the exchange rate and lost several hundred dollars as well as the "fee" MtGox charges, again, and converted back to USD.  I tried to initiate a wire transfer and lo-and-behold... MtGox no longer offers wire transfers.*  Only Dwolla and OKPay.  So now MTGox is offering a service to replace a wire transfer with Dwolla, which they can't seem to transfer even a nickle to, much less $26000.  So now I have basically no way to transfer money out of MTGox, other than as, possibly, Bitcoins. To add insult to this injury, even "adding" a Dwolla account, which I have been using for months and month, goes into "Validation" status and will not, apparently, come out.  As such, I can't even attempt a Dwolla transfer.  

So now, they basically have had free use of my funds for nearly 3 weeks, with no compensation, besides the lies and delay tactics I've received so far and have eliminated that last possible method for me to get USD out of MTGox.  

It's almost laughable how poorly managed MTGox is, or it would be if it were not for the fact that they are holding millions of dollars of users funds without any recourse.  Unless these concerns are addressed and some reasonable explanation is offered, I will be moving all of my operations to another exchange.  Yes, I realize I am a small fish in a large pond, but I am also suggesting that everyone else do the same.  MTGox can not be trusted with your data, as they have shown through being hacked via methods that were detailed to them long before the hack took place.  They are clearly showing that they can't be trusted with your funds, either, since they will not release funds in any usable manner (with the possible exception of BTC).  

* EDIT - MTGox still offers wire transfers, it's just now called "Withdrawal Wizard"

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:24:44 PM

Inaba, do you care to publicly disclose the source of this 26,000$ USD that you have managed to acquire in bitcoin?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:27:20 PM

Let us know what exchange you end up choosing and why.  I haven't had much trouble with Mt Gox (besides Dwolla withdrawals being delayed, though mine eventually came through), but the growing number of complaints against Mt Gox has me a bit worried... would like to check out other options.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:33:37 PM

I don't even use Gox, and reading this pissed me off entirely.  I'm considering starting a petition thread to boycott Gox unless they bite the bullet and hire a competent customer service team that is available 24/7.

Fuck you, Gox.  And fuck you, Karpeles, with your ugly face.  Take the mask off your operations and put it on that honkin' beezer.
teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:37:20 PM

Yeah i'd like to see what comes of this too Inaba.. if you find a good way please share
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:44:28 PM

From Withdraw Funds page (in my case):
BTC : You can still withdraw up to 400.00000000 BTC provided you have enough on your account (your limit is 400.00000000 BTC per 24 hours )
USD : You can still withdraw up to $1,000.00000 provided you have enough on your account (your limit is $1,000.00000 per 24 hours and $10,000.00000 per 30 days)

Also when you click "Add withdraw method" button there is still an option to add international wire details, the video in following link explains it well https://mtgox.com/press_release_20120418.html
Not sure how wire withdraw option is not available to you though
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:47:39 PM

Inaba, do you care to publicly disclose the source of this 26,000$ USD that you have managed to acquire in bitcoin?

(mostly to watch thread, but...)

Why the fuck should he?  It's not a huge amount of money, he's been around a while and a cursory glance shows that he's had some interest in mining.  One of the niceties of Bitcoin is that you don't have to document every financial action for a gaggle of nosy jerk-offs.  Or one would hope it is that way.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 11:51:29 PM

LOL, LMAO... LOL

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 11:51:51 PM

Like tvb suggested, I would guess Bitcoin mining.  He's a big-time miner.
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 12:00:27 AM

This is my "Add Withdrawal Method" link:

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off.  It took me 3 days to initiate the transfers due to the 10,000 daily limit. They held on to the money for a week, then finally refunded it, now if I could even get the money out, I'd have to wait another 3 days to withdraw it.  My "Dwolla" is till "validating" BTW.  I mean, I've only done twenty or thirty successful Dwolla withdrawals in the past 6 or 7 months, you'd think it could be "validated" by now.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:04:06 AM

I didn't ask you to disclose your assumptions. I asked Inaba to disclose the source of this income.

Inaba doesn't seem to be interested in discussing it.

Why should the bitcoin community consider his whining if he doesn't want to discuss this issue in an objective manner?
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:06:41 AM

I didn't ask you to disclose your assumptions. I asked Inaba to disclose the source of this income.

Why should the bitcoin community consider his whining if he doesn't want to discuss this issue in an objective manner?
Why does it matter where he got his $26k?  I find it to be completely irrelevant to the situation at hand.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:09:51 AM

I am considering it because I would like to know who is going to fuck with me and how if/when I decide I wish to liquidate some or all of my stash.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 12:14:30 AM

WTF?

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:20:05 AM

This is my "Add Withdrawal Method" link:

The more I think about this, the more it pisses me off.  It took me 3 days to initiate the transfers due to the 10,000 daily limit. They held on to the money for a week, then finally refunded it, now if I could even get the money out, I'd have to wait another 3 days to withdraw it.  My "Dwolla" is till "validating" BTW.  I mean, I've only done twenty or thirty successful Dwolla withdrawals in the past 6 or 7 months, you'd think it could be "validated" by now.

The bank transfer option in your screenshot didn't work for you? Did you select SWIFT option in the following screen when you complete the wizard?

I bank at TD bank and once started getting international wires found out the hard way that TD bank has different wire details for domestic and international incoming wires, by default TD gave me only domestic wire details and first couple of tries of getting wires from abroad were unsuccessful, funds would return to client taking 1-2 weeks for them to land back in their account,   just something to think  about: make sure your bank gives you international wire details.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 12:24:57 AM

You ought to offer MtGox USD codes on Bitcoin-otc.  On quite a few occasions someone will need some Gox USD now and would rather buy yours than buy Gox's.  In fact I haven't withdrawn money from Gox in almost a year - have always liquidated balances when necessary by either selling BTC or GoxUSD.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:30:05 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 06:54:00 AM by Stephen Gornick

"Please be aware that our International Wire withdraw method has now officially been replaced by our newly launched Withdrawal Center"

Woah. ... no more international wire withdrawal?  Is that globally, or just U.S.?   [Update: Just a misunderstanding, wire's still supported]

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:38:28 AM

"Please be aware that our International Wire withdraw method has now officially been replaced by our newly launched Withdrawal Center"

Woah. ... no more international wire withdrawal?  Is that globally, or just U.S.?

It sounds confusing at first, but there is an ability to setup wire withdraws from Withdraw Center by clicking on "Add withdraw method" button and then completing withdraw template wizard
Inaba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 12:40:15 AM

Ok, so apparently the "Withdraw Wizard" is actually a "Wire Transfer Wizard."  What a completely asinine design.

Anyway, you can apparently still do wire transfers, they've just hidden it behind a bunch of junk, making it non-obvious.  Select bank transfer, then get a pop up screen with DWOLLA and OKPAY promenintly displayed, but click that button over there that says wizard and has nothing to do with "Bank Transfer", then you can enter your information.

Now I'm back to paying $20 fee per transfer, of which I have to do 3 of, so $60 charged by MTGox to withdraw my funds... not to mention the money I have to pay for EACH transfer by my institution.

All in all, I've lost over $1000 due to "fees" and exchange rate fluctuation over the past 3 weeks, all thanks to MTGox ineptitude.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:03:32 AM

Wow another e-tantrum directed at MTGOX from a dodgy user - big surprise.

Result will either be

A) MTGOX had legit delays, resolves it and the big sook gets his 26k
B) MTGOX ask for ID, Inaba refuses and posts another e-rant.

Seriously, grow the fuck up, You tell everyone to accept delays from BFL but you wont wait 3 weeks for them to resolve an international money transfer issue ?

EDIT: Oh well done for reading the MTGOX FAQ, that rant seems a bit stupid now doesnt it ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: