Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive RockMiner New R-Box Setup [HD]  (Read 23539 times)
gazadon4

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:42:43 PM

Do you guys have an installation videos? complete noob Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 09:09:53 PM

Do you guys have an installation videos? complete noob Smiley

If you follow the instructions and go slow you should have no problems following it. There isn't really anything that you can do wrong which will cause damage on these.

rondom69

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 02:56:54 AM

Hello all.

Been fighting with my new Rboxes.  I am running them with BFGMiner 4.8.0.  My computer seems to only recognize one box at a time.  I have three.  Each of them will run independently but not with them all plugged in at once.  I have gone to the windows device list and when all three are plugged in two show to have yellow exclamation points on them.  I tried everything I know to get these conflicts resolved to no avail.  (windows xp btw.)  Note:  I have the CP210x_VCP_Windows drivers installed. 

Also when I do get one running my best speed is around 77 ghz.  I have changed clock setting from 310 and 330  with no noticeable change in performance. 

I guess my question is this.  What am I missing on getting multiple rboxes to work on my windows XP system.  I can live with the 77gh for now, as I attempt to figured out how to run cgminer.

All advice will be appreciated.

Ron.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:17:31 AM

Hello all.

Been fighting with my new Rboxes.  I am running them with BFGMiner 4.8.0.  My computer seems to only recognize one box at a time.  I have three.  Each of them will run independently but not with them all plugged in at once.  I have gone to the windows device list and when all three are plugged in two show to have yellow exclamation points on them.  I tried everything I know to get these conflicts resolved to no avail.  (windows xp btw.)  Note:  I have the CP210x_VCP_Windows drivers installed. 

Also when I do get one running my best speed is around 77 ghz.  I have changed clock setting from 310 and 330  with no noticeable change in performance. 

I guess my question is this.  What am I missing on getting multiple rboxes to work on my windows XP system.  I can live with the 77gh for now, as I attempt to figured out how to run cgminer.

All advice will be appreciated.

Ron.

Try the cgminer with zadig instructions, it will likely fix both your issues.

BLACKYB99

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:22:16 PM

Just received my New R-Box and very puzzling thing happens when I try to power it up, I have tried 3 different PSUs and when I turn them on I get nothing from the R-box and in all 3 cases the PSU dies instantly when I plug the Miner in hot.  I suspect there is something wired wrong in the New R-Box but before i go rooting around in it I thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue.  Thanks in advance.

I have read your comment and I was wondering if you could sorted it out. In my case I have been  using 2 R-Box during one month without any problems and suddenly one of them turned off by itself. There is a short circuit inside so the PSU is not working with this R-Box connected. I cannot find which component is responsible of this. I have opened it and seems that everything is right.

Any ideas?

By the way, this one it was working at 128G average (cgminer @330Hz ver 4.7.1). Temp. 45-50 C. which component could cause the short?

Thanks in advance.
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2015, 12:01:50 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 02:01:57 PM by AJRGale

Just to update about these things, the fans, they are not 80mm fans, they are in fact 72mm fans, went to replace one of them that lost 2 blades, lo' and behold, 80mm fan out of a psu does not fit. now to hunt out a smaller fan.

Oh, hat are these 6 pins next to the USB port, is that rs323? and what pin does what?

kinda need that info after plugging in 2nd "new r-box" onto the system and the 1st popped its usb to serial chip (it will not be seen at all via usb again, how i know its fried? it leaves 1st degree burns when touching the chip)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2015, 02:25:21 PM

Just to update about these things, the fans, they are not 80mm fans, they are in fact 72mm fans, went to replace one of them that lost 2 blades, lo' and behold, 80mm fan out of a psu does not fit. now to hunt out a smaller fan.

Oh, hat are these 6 pins next to the USB port, is that rs323? and what pin does what?

kinda need that info after plugging in 2nd "new r-box" onto the system and the 1st popped its usb to serial chip (it will not be seen at all via usb again, how i know its fried? it leaves 1st degree burns when touching the chip)

Fixed, remeasured and they are indeed 72mm which is pretty uncommon. You could screw a 60mm into one corner if you can't get hold of anything larger, or strap the 80mm external to the case.

Which pins are you looking at, can you mark them on this picture?

AJRGale

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 01:27:53 AM

Fixed, remeasured and they are indeed 72mm which is pretty uncommon. You could screw a 60mm into one corner if you can't get hold of anything larger, or strap the 80mm external to the case.

Which pins are you looking at, can you mark them on this picture?

hang on... i forgot how to use gimp, i'll crop the image to the pins

they are between the leds and usb port. sorry, didn't make it clear enough last post.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 09:44:48 AM

Given proximity to the AtMega and the typical 3x2 layout, I'd imagine that's the ISP port; http://www.atmel.com/images/doc0943.pdf
Wouldn't really do you much good unless you wanted to flash new firmware to that chip.

AJRGale

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:27:06 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2015, 02:05:39 PM by AJRGale

Given proximity to the AtMega and the typical 3x2 layout, I'd imagine that's the ISP port; http://www.atmel.com/images/doc0943.pdf
Wouldn't really do you much good unless you wanted to flash new firmware to that chip.

i suspect that you are highly right. looking into this chip, the pins 30/31 look like rx/tx pins, so i could solder something up to them, but 1st i may have to de-solder the dead silabs CP2102 and look for the rx/tx pins to it. may look for continuity between them pins.

it just peeves me off that this is the 3rd product ive owned that does not have protection (eg: usb data bus fuses) between the usb and the uart chip..
Ecnad

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 07:49:21 PM

Got two of these for cheap, and they are nice little boxes. Took about 5 minutes to get the drivers right, and both are now hashing away at an average of 113GH/s each.
AJRGale

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:22:36 AM

i suspect that you are highly right. looking into this chip, the pins 30/31 look like rx/tx pins, so i could solder something up to them, but 1st i may have to de-solder the dead silabs CP2102 and look for the rx/tx pins to it. may look for continuity between them pins.

it just peeves me off that this is the 3rd product ive owned that does not have protection (eg: usb data bus fuses) between the usb and the uart chip..

im going to hunt out some wiring, solder and a 4x1 pin joby, and attempt this tonight, been a little to busy last few days to attempt it.

Whilst im at it, think its worth getting one of them silabs usb-uart converter (plug, pins and chip on a black pcb) off ebay for $1.50? just to rip off the chip and solder it into place?
AJRGale

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:59:52 PM

im going to hunt out some wiring, solder and a 4x1 pin joby, and attempt this tonight, been a little to busy last few days to attempt it.

Whilst im at it, think its worth getting one of them silabs usb-uart converter (plug, pins and chip on a black pcb) off ebay for $1.50? just to rip off the chip and solder it into place?

Well, attempted to wire up the UART out off the micro-controller and remove the cp2102 chip, and guess what, the second miner crapped out its cp2102. so 2 dead miners, all i have left mining is 0GH/s. Its been fun guys, but now im out of the game
AJRGale

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:51:21 AM

Well, attempted to wire up the UART out off the micro-controller and remove the cp2102 chip, and guess what, the second miner crapped out its cp2102. so 2 dead miners, all i have left mining is 0GH/s. Its been fun guys, but now im out of the game

Tell me, would anyone know how to wire up an old Block Eruptor to one of these, and get it running? im hoping i could just pull the "mud" chip off and throw a few wires up (some single strand core, cat5 cable should do) and directly connect it to the atmega..
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 01:31:30 AM

Tell me, would anyone know how to wire up an old Block Eruptor to one of these, and get it running? im hoping i could just pull the "mud" chip off and throw a few wires up (some single strand core, cat5 cable should do) and directly connect it to the atmega..

What do you mean by wire up a BE to the R-Box?

AJRGale

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:02:00 AM

What do you mean by wire up a BE to the R-Box?

using the old BE as a USB to UART (eg: USB ->Silabs chip -> tx/rx -> atmega on the nr-b)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 08:54:04 PM

Just received a pair of new Rockminers today.  These things are rock solid.  Best hobby miners I have had the privilege to tinker with.
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 10:01:31 PM

Anyone got any working ones they want to get rid of?

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 11:09:18 AM

I have 2 I would be willing to sell one if you want to PM me US only shipping cost outside the US is to high
gt_addict

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:01:03 PM

I have 2 I would be willing to sell one if you want to PM me US only shipping cost outside the US is to high

Should've followed up to my last post. I got three rboxs and a corsair cx600m off eBay for 55gbp which was a steal. Thanks for the offer though  Smiley

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: