Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to know what iGotSpots has been up to?  (Read 4350 times)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:22:43 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 09:58:31 PM by iGotSpots

Time Well Spent
Maieuticoin is a project I am extremely excited about. Three very experienced, well respected developers have come together to make something that is rock solid in both blockchain security and market price. The past six months have been a very exciting time for all of us getting things ready to push the marketing forward

Using Pure Proof of Stake, Maieuticoin's supply has increased to a little over 2100 coins, after several months of switching to PoS. Coins were distributed while we were on the original MMXIV chain. There was no premine, and all 2014 coins were mined out. At this point we were caught in a dilemna with low blockchain security since there was no reason to mine and transaction fees were not worth the hashpower. It was then that we went to a new blockchain, coinswapped on Bittrex, and started fresh

The final product is a coin that has a wonderful user interface, a secure blockchain, and a very experienced, well respected community that is vocal to our goals in both IRC and these forums. We are community driven and have made changes that were requested by the community

Coin Purpose
I have been very vocal in the past about Proof of Stake being insecure. However, after our tests and talks with many other top tier members, I decided that it was the best way to keep MMXIV alive as a community, but put trust in a system that is not Proof of Work. Maieuticoin is based off the newest PPC, not a clone of a clone, and we have tweaked it perfectly to fit our needs

We are not aiming for a mass adoption, merchant trading token. Maieuticoin aims for someone who trades on percentages, rather than dollars, and sees the value in holding a coin with a very low supply (2100 coins currently). An aggressive interest rate of .96% weekly, just from staking, interests many in putting their money in a bolder step of proof of wealth than Bitcoin and other scarce commodities while many prices either crash or fluctuate wildly. It is intended to be used as a hedge against uncertain times in more established markets, such as Fiat, Bitcoin, or gold. Our price has been incredibly stable for months, and slowly creeping up and to the right, exactly as anticipated. There are several key factors to keeping inflation at a very low rate, while still allowing for a 50% yearly stake, or roughly .96% weekly

Why should we care who you are?
No doubt I am opening myself up to a lot of criticism here, or nobody may care at all. Either way, I believe it is a good time to say that I have been deeply involved with this coin. I believe we have built something, and a system of surrounding purposes, that will fit the niche of many investors and speculators both in our current markets and larger. It is built to scale incredibly well. Whether or not you agree with my opinions or demeanor, we can all agree that I've had coins that went very well, and coins that didn't perform as expected. This is also the last coin that I will be directly responsible for. My involvement further will only be on very creative or innovative projects that others have thought up and brought to me. Basically, I'm all-in on Maieuticoin. Right around this time last year, Tickets (TIX) shot up to a multi-million dollar market cap, was in the top 15 overall for many months, and (although scrypt-jane is now outdated), is still incredibly successful

In turbulent times, it is important to have a place to fit in that isn't rotten to the core. Maieuticoin is that place. Even in the wild west, there was a code of ethics; I believe I've already proven I abide by everyone's rules. I know what I'm doing, deep down inside everyone here knows I know what I'm doing, and this time I will be focused on my work, rather than watching chat boxes and forums for the newest FUD. We have that much work left to do

Hop on or miss out

There is also still a chance for miners to get in at a very early rate by mining on our beautiful, very custom Multipool, which is run by ThePeePs, a trustworthy, well respected pool operator for many coins and projects

Unmoderated Thread
Full Disclosure: There are NO employees or representatives from any exchange involved with our team

OGF

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:38:22 AM

first!
Devianttwo

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:44:14 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 07:02:58 AM by Devianttwo

Lookin good.

Want to earn 50% of each deposit? Check out the best Bitcoin referral program
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:44:29 AM

first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:13:15 AM

define what you mean by "Basically, I'm all-in on Maieuticoin." ?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:15:48 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 07:27:14 AM by iGotSpots

Increasing Maieuticoin's market cap, trading volume, and exposure is now my main focus

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:31:34 AM

Increasing Maieuticoin's market cap, trading volume, and exposure is now my main focus

sorry I wasn't very clear, I was more meaning all in financially or time commitment to cryptos wise?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:33:05 AM

All of my resources will be behind it

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:40:45 AM

I was buying up (and trading to acquire more) when it was pow with the 2014 cap, got to admitted was very disappointed with the change to pos in the way it did, changing the cap on a whim defeats the whole trustless system idea (something that is lost on so many coins/devs).

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:41:34 AM

I was buying up (and trading to acquire more) when it was pow with the 2014 cap, got to admitted was very disappointed with the change to pos in the way it did, changing the cap on a whim defeats the whole trustless system idea (something that is lost on so many coins/devs).

We had no choice. There was no blockchain security. If people liked the idea so much, they would have driven the price higher and mined for transaction fees. Community voted for 50% PoS

The more miners we get on the multipool, the more payments are sent out. This will result in a lower cap, since all transaction fees on the new chain are destroyed (among other factors) to decrease the rate of inflation

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:44:34 AM

We had no choice. There was no blockchain security. If people liked the idea so much, they would have driven the price higher and mined for transaction fees. Community voted for 50% PoS

there was other options to still keep the promised cap.

btw the b&tch of a client still losses its balance in the gui as it stakes.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:47:58 AM

The more miners we get on the multipool, the more payments are sent out. This will result in a lower cap, since all transaction fees on the new chain are destroyed (among other factors) to decrease the rate of inflation

2014-2121.40343600 already....inflationary bigtime no?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:48:09 AM

and you think you have security now?

btw the b&tch of a client still losses its balance in the gui as it stakes.

I believe our blockchain to be top tier secure

Let me put it this way. Is it a better idea to invest BTC into S3s and pay electeicity to mine, or use that same amount, buy M, stake it in 24 hours, and have no energy bill?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:49:48 AM

2014-2100 already....inflationary bigtime no?

A small amount of inflation is essential. At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:52:11 AM

I expect about 5-10% will be spread across each large exchange (Bittrex, Cryptsy (hopefully), Bter (hopefully), etc), resulting in a max of 40% being actively traded. Inflation is necessary to ensure long term stakers have an increasing percentage of the market cap while still covering the more spread out supply actively changing hands. This system is built to scale long term, not benefit those looking for short term gains. It will help both types, but our target audience is stakers

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:17:31 AM

2014-2100 already....inflationary bigtime no?

A small amount of inflation is essential. At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

essential for what?

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:16:39 AM

Awesome.  SPOTS, CPR, TIX are all roaring success stories and remain extremely relevant today.  How can this investment go south?  You would never steer me in the wrong direction!
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:57:16 AM

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

Well for a start sticking to the original cap should have been a given.
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:12:20 AM

Well for a start sticking to the original cap should have been a given.

Right, I understand that would be nice.  But what I don't understand is how that could be accomplished without a way to secure the network by people staking or mining in some way.  If there's no reward for those things, there would be no one willing to do that and therefore the network and thus the coin would be dead wouldn't it?  So I'm just asking you what those options were that would have kept the network going and with the same cap.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: