Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to know what iGotSpots has been up to?  (Read 4347 times)
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:22:43 AM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 09:58:31 PM by iGotSpots

Time Well Spent
Maieuticoin is a project I am extremely excited about. Three very experienced, well respected developers have come together to make something that is rock solid in both blockchain security and market price. The past six months have been a very exciting time for all of us getting things ready to push the marketing forward

Using Pure Proof of Stake, Maieuticoin's supply has increased to a little over 2100 coins, after several months of switching to PoS. Coins were distributed while we were on the original MMXIV chain. There was no premine, and all 2014 coins were mined out. At this point we were caught in a dilemna with low blockchain security since there was no reason to mine and transaction fees were not worth the hashpower. It was then that we went to a new blockchain, coinswapped on Bittrex, and started fresh

The final product is a coin that has a wonderful user interface, a secure blockchain, and a very experienced, well respected community that is vocal to our goals in both IRC and these forums. We are community driven and have made changes that were requested by the community

Coin Purpose
I have been very vocal in the past about Proof of Stake being insecure. However, after our tests and talks with many other top tier members, I decided that it was the best way to keep MMXIV alive as a community, but put trust in a system that is not Proof of Work. Maieuticoin is based off the newest PPC, not a clone of a clone, and we have tweaked it perfectly to fit our needs

We are not aiming for a mass adoption, merchant trading token. Maieuticoin aims for someone who trades on percentages, rather than dollars, and sees the value in holding a coin with a very low supply (2100 coins currently). An aggressive interest rate of .96% weekly, just from staking, interests many in putting their money in a bolder step of proof of wealth than Bitcoin and other scarce commodities while many prices either crash or fluctuate wildly. It is intended to be used as a hedge against uncertain times in more established markets, such as Fiat, Bitcoin, or gold. Our price has been incredibly stable for months, and slowly creeping up and to the right, exactly as anticipated. There are several key factors to keeping inflation at a very low rate, while still allowing for a 50% yearly stake, or roughly .96% weekly

Why should we care who you are?
No doubt I am opening myself up to a lot of criticism here, or nobody may care at all. Either way, I believe it is a good time to say that I have been deeply involved with this coin. I believe we have built something, and a system of surrounding purposes, that will fit the niche of many investors and speculators both in our current markets and larger. It is built to scale incredibly well. Whether or not you agree with my opinions or demeanor, we can all agree that I've had coins that went very well, and coins that didn't perform as expected. This is also the last coin that I will be directly responsible for. My involvement further will only be on very creative or innovative projects that others have thought up and brought to me. Basically, I'm all-in on Maieuticoin. Right around this time last year, Tickets (TIX) shot up to a multi-million dollar market cap, was in the top 15 overall for many months, and (although scrypt-jane is now outdated), is still incredibly successful

In turbulent times, it is important to have a place to fit in that isn't rotten to the core. Maieuticoin is that place. Even in the wild west, there was a code of ethics; I believe I've already proven I abide by everyone's rules. I know what I'm doing, deep down inside everyone here knows I know what I'm doing, and this time I will be focused on my work, rather than watching chat boxes and forums for the newest FUD. We have that much work left to do

Hop on or miss out

There is also still a chance for miners to get in at a very early rate by mining on our beautiful, very custom Multipool, which is run by ThePeePs, a trustworthy, well respected pool operator for many coins and projects

Unmoderated Thread
Full Disclosure: There are NO employees or representatives from any exchange involved with our team

OGF

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:38:22 AM

first!
Devianttwo

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 06:44:14 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 07:02:58 AM by Devianttwo

Lookin good.

Want to earn 50% of each deposit? Check out the best Bitcoin referral program
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 06:44:29 AM

first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:13:15 AM

define what you mean by "Basically, I'm all-in on Maieuticoin." ?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:15:48 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 07:27:14 AM by iGotSpots

Increasing Maieuticoin's market cap, trading volume, and exposure is now my main focus

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:31:34 AM

Increasing Maieuticoin's market cap, trading volume, and exposure is now my main focus

sorry I wasn't very clear, I was more meaning all in financially or time commitment to cryptos wise?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:33:05 AM

All of my resources will be behind it

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:40:45 AM

I was buying up (and trading to acquire more) when it was pow with the 2014 cap, got to admitted was very disappointed with the change to pos in the way it did, changing the cap on a whim defeats the whole trustless system idea (something that is lost on so many coins/devs).

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:41:34 AM

I was buying up (and trading to acquire more) when it was pow with the 2014 cap, got to admitted was very disappointed with the change to pos in the way it did, changing the cap on a whim defeats the whole trustless system idea (something that is lost on so many coins/devs).

We had no choice. There was no blockchain security. If people liked the idea so much, they would have driven the price higher and mined for transaction fees. Community voted for 50% PoS

The more miners we get on the multipool, the more payments are sent out. This will result in a lower cap, since all transaction fees on the new chain are destroyed (among other factors) to decrease the rate of inflation

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:44:34 AM

We had no choice. There was no blockchain security. If people liked the idea so much, they would have driven the price higher and mined for transaction fees. Community voted for 50% PoS

there was other options to still keep the promised cap.

btw the b&tch of a client still losses its balance in the gui as it stakes.
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 07:47:58 AM

The more miners we get on the multipool, the more payments are sent out. This will result in a lower cap, since all transaction fees on the new chain are destroyed (among other factors) to decrease the rate of inflation

2014-2121.40343600 already....inflationary bigtime no?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:48:09 AM

and you think you have security now?

btw the b&tch of a client still losses its balance in the gui as it stakes.

I believe our blockchain to be top tier secure

Let me put it this way. Is it a better idea to invest BTC into S3s and pay electeicity to mine, or use that same amount, buy M, stake it in 24 hours, and have no energy bill?

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:49:48 AM

2014-2100 already....inflationary bigtime no?

A small amount of inflation is essential. At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:52:11 AM

I expect about 5-10% will be spread across each large exchange (Bittrex, Cryptsy (hopefully), Bter (hopefully), etc), resulting in a max of 40% being actively traded. Inflation is necessary to ensure long term stakers have an increasing percentage of the market cap while still covering the more spread out supply actively changing hands. This system is built to scale long term, not benefit those looking for short term gains. It will help both types, but our target audience is stakers

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:17:31 AM

2014-2100 already....inflationary bigtime no?

A small amount of inflation is essential. At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

essential for what?

Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:16:39 AM

Awesome.  SPOTS, CPR, TIX are all roaring success stories and remain extremely relevant today.  How can this investment go south?  You would never steer me in the wrong direction!
kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 09:57:16 AM

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

Well for a start sticking to the original cap should have been a given.
Viper1

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 10:12:20 AM

Right, I understand that would be nice.  But what I don't understand is how that could be accomplished without a way to secure the network by people staking or mining in some way.  If there's no reward for those things, there would be no one willing to do that and therefore the network and thus the coin would be dead wouldn't it?  So I'm just asking you what those options were that would have kept the network going and with the same cap.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

Right, I understand that would be nice.  But what I don't understand is how that could be accomplished without a way to secure the network by people staking or mining in some way.  If there's no reward for those things, there would be no one willing to do that and therefore the network and thus the coin would be dead wouldn't it?  So I'm just asking you what those options were that would have kept the network going and with the same cap.

If you can't keep to one of the fundamental features of the trustless system then its a flawed concept from the start, and is a pure pos a secure network?
Viper1

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:47:11 AM

If you can't keep to one of the fundamental features of the trustless system then its a flawed concept from the start, and is a pure pos a secure network?

Not sure what you're getting at.  No coin is completely trustless or secure. Oh maybe a couple could be considered that today, but that could easily change "tomorrow".  Anyway, I can see you're not actually going to answer the question so I won't bother with this anymore.

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:04:18 PM

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

Right, I understand that would be nice.  But what I don't understand is how that could be accomplished without a way to secure the network by people staking or mining in some way.  If there's no reward for those things, there would be no one willing to do that and therefore the network and thus the coin would be dead wouldn't it?  So I'm just asking you what those options were that would have kept the network going and with the same cap.

Not sure what you're getting at.  No coin is completely trustless or secure. Oh maybe a couple could be considered that today, but that could easily change "tomorrow".  Anyway, I can see you're not actually going to answer the question so I won't bother with this anymore.

You're asking me what other options there are, my answer would have been to stay pow and 2014, you may think that's a dead end option, I equally think the option taken is that.

another option would have been a much lower rate of pos, and fee elimination to reduce inflation (though equally disagreeable imo),

anyway now people are left with trading a non inflationary crypto (ie btc) for an inflationary one....that's cap been changed on a whim thereby completely eliminating trust.

having said all that do I still hold...yes! have I increased my holdings since going pos...yes!

why? because the level of even the most basic understanding of economics or even basic math is so low on this forum one can profit from even the most moronic of cryptos Wink
mnl92

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

What exchanges is this coin on?
iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:25:46 PM

So TLDR: you have another scamcoin. A stake one too! How innovative. Mullick clone this one too?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 02:51:37 PM

What exchanges is this coin on?

Bittrex and VaultEX. We were on a few other small ones, but lost them when we did the hard fork

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

So TLDR: you have another scamcoin. A stake one too! How innovative. Mullick clone this one too?

No exchange representatives are involved with us

ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:09:09 PM

At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

Ok, please tell me I am not the only one that had a major DAFUQ? moment after reading this nonsense statement.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:47:36 PM

You still have to come up with ways to use the coin to bring true value. For instance, if I owed you $100 and offered you a $100 Amazon gift card as payment, you'd probably take it because it's utility is almost that of cash. However, if I offered you a $100 Radio Shack gift card, you would undoubtedly turn it down. I'm not even sure if you'd take $200 RS gift card because it's utility is so limited.

So, why is Bitcoin so valuable? Because it is like the Amazon gift card - almost as good as cash. The key is to make M coin or any new coin as useful as Bitcoin.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:03:32 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 07:39:22 PM by iGotSpots

At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

Ok, please tell me I am not the only one that had a major DAFUQ? moment after reading this nonsense statement.

If we have gone up 5% since switching to PoS, that gives us roughly a 25% increase over a year from inflation. Staking generates 50% yearly

This means our system is destroying roughly half of the coins generated by stake via transactions fees and other key factors. This allows us to offer an aggressive 50% yearly stake while only causing roughly 25% yearly infliation

If I say something you don't understand or that doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask. I have no problem clarifying anything I say so my statement's intentions are known to all parties

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:23:22 PM

I will be in #MMXIV on Freenode IRC for most of the day today if anyone wants to join us for some fun with the trivia bot (to earn coins, I do giveaways throughout the day based on score). I will also be available to answer questions in there for anything related to Maieuticoin

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:36:36 PM

This is an interesting coin for the high PoS niche (HYP, TEK, CAP, & HBN). Actually, it is the only ultra low coin count coin I am aware of with a decent level of PoS.

SYNC was going to get 100% PoS on 1k coins, but they've elected to have the imputed yearly stake rate decline 50% every month. In this way, it definitely rewards early holders/insiders moreso than this coin that pays 50% PoS unchanging.

Right now, I see a few good thins on M coin:

(1) 6 months of work and over 42 pages of posts from MMXIV dev / iGotSpots: shows activity that I have not seen before on such a low market cap coin

(2) Market cap is very low: compare this to say PHS, which has x100 the number of coins but is $80k-$60k market cap vs M's $25k-$30k market cap. PHS has had very little community or dev activity (that we can see; Palmdetroit says he is working on things however) for a while.

(3) Extremely thin order books: the free float on this coin is very low. M on Bittrex has 46.253 M for sale, or roughly 2% of the market. PHS on Cryptsy has 33.7k for sale, 1.5% of the market. However, buying out everything on M will raise the price temporarily to 10 BTC a coin, while the same buy out will only raise PHS to 32.8k sat. It takes 9.18 BTC to raise M to it's high level, but it takes 11.15 BTC to raise PHS's to its level.

I see at least parity with PHS as possible. Even say 0.5 BTC an M would make it's market cap only $300k, and I know of a lot of coins around that level that are not active at all. M could be a loaded spring or it could just chug along where it is now. Either scenario isn't that bad Smiley

Very accurate. Remember, we advertise 50% yearly stake. This will earn you 50% increased holdings a year if the coin stays at the current price. Using our past trends, we have nowhere to go but up, which we have been doing for several months now

You hold Maieuticoin to stake your .96% weekly interest. Any price increase is just icing on the profit cake

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:04:23 PM

You still have to come up with ways to use the coin to bring true value. For instance, if I owed you $100 and offered you a $100 Amazon gift card as payment, you'd probably take it because it's utility is almost that of cash. However, if I offered you a $100 Radio Shack gift card, you would undoubtedly turn it down. I'm not even sure if you'd take $200 RS gift card because it's utility is so limited.

So, why is Bitcoin so valuable? Because it is like the Amazon gift card - almost as good as cash. The key is to make M coin or any new coin as useful as Bitcoin.

I think there are two types of coins nowadays. The market you are describing has become extremely oversaturated. Everyone is competing for a piece of a very small pie. The second kind of coin is more Proof of Value and Storage of Wealth as a hedge against other more established (and volatile) networks. I believe we fill the latter role exceptionally well

Adoption and utility come after interest. Trying to do it in the reverse order will almost always end in futility

tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:08:13 PM

what a load of horseshit.  this whole post if fake.  bye bye M
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:20:44 PM

Awesome.  SPOTS, CPR, TIX are all roaring success stories and remain extremely relevant today.  How can this investment go south?  You would never steer me in the wrong direction!

33% of those have hit $8 million market cap. I would say your chances are better getting behind my newest project than someone with no experience in this field

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:39:44 PM

nice another clonecoin with no Future.

Next.

I have seen you do this in many threads. I used to act like you are now. A bit of advice...either don't be hostile towards other coins or use your normal username to do so. People don't appreciate their coins username being a douche

I don't mind the trolling and probably deserve it, but I'm giving you a solid piece of advice that it took me a year to learn

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Just for total transparency, the three people that have worked on Maieuticoin are iGotSpots, ThePeePs, and MrData (sorry if you didn't want people to know)

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:46:00 PM

nice another clonecoin with no Future.

Next.

I have seen you do this in many threads. I used to act like you are now. A bit of advice...either don't be hostile towards other coins or use your normal username to do so. People don't appreciate their coins username being a douche

I don't mind the trolling and probably deserve it, but I'm giving you a solid piece of advice that it took me a year to learn

You know the Coin stole my name right ? Its not the other way around.

I did not know that. Nevermind my last post  Smiley

MMXIV

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:21:46 AM

Why do I have a feeling everyone from last year is just waiting for someone else to say something first...?

I'll be posting on both of these names so I have control of both threads and private messages. Contacting me in IRC or on iGotSpots on the forums will always be the fastest

koby

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:24:39 AM

How much money can I make here in $$$? future price prediction per coin.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 05:37:25 PM

Once we get one one or two more large exchanges like Bittrex our price will soar after the sells are spread out. Few coins take 6 months to set up for success and rush to as many sites as possible as quickly as possible. We have already made sure the coin is stable enough to scale to multuple large markets

Phosphorous

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 05:48:24 PM

Once we get one one or two more large exchanges like Bittrex our price will soar after the sells are spread out. Few coins take 6 months to set up for success and rush to as many sites as possible as quickly as possible. We have already made sure the coin is stable enough to scale to multuple large markets
Since you have the contacts, can you ask Bittrex to setup an email notification feature for when your trades execute? I'd like to get an email when one of my orders get filled, just like my stock sites.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

Since you have the contacts, can you ask Bittrex to setup an email notification feature for when your trades execute? I'd like to get an email when one of my orders get filled, just like my stock sites.

I always liked the ding that mcxnow has

Phosphorous

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:43:26 PM

How do you hear it when you are not at your computer?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:07:43 PM

How do you hear it when you are not at your computer?

Fair enough. Personally, I only have orders up when I am watching them, but you could always...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:50:36 AM

You've been busy, brother.

Reach that $10 million goal yet?  lol.

I'm gonna keep an eye on your new projects - looks interesting.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:59:50 AM

You've been busy, brother.

Reach that $10 million goal yet?  lol.

I'm gonna keep an eye on your new projects - looks interesting.

Cheers!

Ironic that the guy who was basically the reason for my first launch is along for the ride for my last coin...except this time is polar opposite terms lol  Wink

I still have like a billion shitcoins, too lol

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 05:18:52 AM

Let's all together give everyone at Poloniex a huge thank you for their additions tonight! Not only have we hit the BTC Market, but we can now also be traded for XUSD, giving a clear and simple path to converting your Maieuticoin to Fiat!

https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/btc_m
https://www.poloniex.com/exchange/xusd_m

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 05:21:10 AM

Ironic that the guy who was basically the reason for my first launch is along for the ride for my last coin...except this time is polar opposite terms lol  Wink

Hahahaa.  Best of luck man.  I'll try to pick up a few.  Your coins have always sky rocketed and made nice profits for me.

Cheers!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 05:29:31 AM

Hahahaa.  Best of luck man.  I'll try to pick up a few.  Your coins have always sky rocketed and made nice profits for me.

Cheers!

Honestly, I would love to have as many of the people from last year involved in this project as possible. Show the community what experience and maturity can accomplish. It's been such bullshit for the last year. It's time those of us who have been through actual turbulent times work together on something

That's an open invitation to anyone who wants to be a part of this great project

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:33:20 AM

Ironic that the guy who was basically the reason for my first launch is along for the ride for my last coin...except this time is polar opposite terms lol  Wink

Hahahaa.  Best of luck man.  I'll try to pick up a few.  Your coins have always sky rocketed and made nice profits for me.

Cheers!

Honestly, I would love to have as many of the people from last year involved in this project as possible. Show the community what experience and maturity can accomplish. It's been such bullshit for the last year. It's time those of us who have been through actual turbulent times work together on something

That's an open invitation to anyone who wants to be a part of this great project

Considering I made and fixed your shit in the past im surprised I haven't been called into fix this already 
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 09:08:58 AM

Hahahaa.  Best of luck man.  I'll try to pick up a few.  Your coins have always sky rocketed and made nice profits for me.

Cheers!

Considering I made and fixed your shit in the past im surprised I haven't been called into fix this already  

You helped a mutual friend with the rewards for one coin, yes, but nothing with my name on it has ever broken

infovortice2013
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:25:34 PM

Let's all together give everyone at Poloniex a huge thank you for their additions tonight! Not only have we hit the BTC Market, but we can now also be traded for XUSD, giving a clear and simple path to converting your Maieuticoin to Fiat!

will be good fill some sell order actually is empty
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 04:50:40 PM

Nobody is crazy enough to dump this coin this low Wink

muddafudda
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:21:29 AM

I wish you all the best spots but there seems to be a lack of any community here.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:23:30 AM

lets see what happends

yolo
MMXIV

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:36:55 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 05:40:54 AM by MMXIV

I wish you all the best spots but there seems to be a lack of any community here.

Appreciate that. Maybe in the threads. This does not deter me, however, as there are over 30 people in IRC most of the time. I'm in no rush. We have been slowly climbing for months and provide a safe, secure, and interest earning hedge against turbulent, and uncertain, more established markets

#MMXIV on Freenode

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:51:53 AM

any new client in the works that fixes the staking coins disappearing trick?
MMXIV

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:54:38 AM

It's something I've been looking at. Not really sure what's causing it, yet. A quick reload fixes it, or the getinfo in debug is accurate

Yes, I know it's inconvenient and looks terrible, but thankfully it's just a GUI issue. I haven't noticed it on the daemon. It's on my to do list, but it's hard to reproduce. I'm not sure why it happens, but I don't see it very often

Have you seen it happen since upgrading to the client with the trading in it?

muddafudda
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:03:44 AM

It's something I've been looking at. Not really sure what's causing it, yet. A quick reload fixes it, or the getinfo in debug is accurate

Yes, I know it's inconvenient and looks terrible, but thankfully it's just a GUI issue. I haven't noticed it on the daemon. It's on my to do list, but it's hard to reproduce. I'm not sure why it happens, but I don't see it very often

it depends when it happens. most commonly anothwr chain has orphaned your pos block. Usually a rescan or redownload of the chain will fix it.
MMXIV

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:06:16 AM

it depends when it happens. most commonly anothwr chain has orphaned your pos block. Usually a rescan or redownload of the chain will fix it.

No need to rescan. getinfo is still accurate and a client reload fixes it right away, they just don't show proper balances sometimes when going from balance to stake and back in the QT

kelsey
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:07:37 AM

Yes with the latest client my staking coins disappear on a continual basis ie almost all stakes disappear, yes they do re appear when I relaunch the client.
MMXIV

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:10:04 AM

Yes with the latest client my staking coins disappear on a continual basis ie almost all stakes disappear, yes they do re appear when I relaunch the client.

That's odd. Ok, I'll be running it on a GUI client that stakes often, I'll keep a close eye on it so I can try to see which transactions are causing it. They are accurate right now, so I'll keep watching when I see a stake pop up

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:04:04 PM

Thanks for answering my questions on chat box before eh

This is interesting i guess for a few reasons.. offline staking is one i think. (i benefit not feature you said)

i could dig for some drama maybe but i won't bother maybe i will ask questions on chat again some time Wink
instead of here..

FUD first & ask questions later™
MMXIV

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

Thanks for answering my questions on chat box before eh

This is interesting i guess for a few reasons.. offline staking is one i think. (i benefit not feature you said)

i could dig for some drama maybe but i won't bother maybe i will ask questions on chat again some time Wink
instead of here..

You can ask them in either place, or even #MMXIV on IRC. I don't mind you when you're being civil  Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: