Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:52:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Bitcoin Affiliate Network?  (Read 23639 times)
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 06:33:15 PM

it all the same and comes down to weather he is lucky enough to find the blocks.

When you pay a very high price to rent hashes and a very high price for people to mine in your pool you have to be extremely lucky just to break even.

Noone is that lucky.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:14:43 PM

Noone is that lucky.

The only statement in all you said that I'd disagree with Cheesy

My pool went nuts with luck the last 2 days.
6 blocks in a row under 21% of diff - pool averaged 10.4% diff for 6 blocks in a row.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DrHaribo
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 12:37:53 AM

If you want to bet against the odds you can rent hashpower at high prices too. Wink

kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:47:50 AM

If you want to bet against the odds you can rent hashpower at high prices too. Wink

Nope, I have zero delusions about "luck" ... though many in Bitcoin seem to have not heard about or understand random probability and statistics in general Smiley

There was no betting against any odds, it was simply that my pool was extremely "lucky" for the last 2 days.

History shows your luck.
Your history of "luck" has NO effect on future expected block finding.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 12:53:34 AM

it all the same and comes down to weather he is lucky enough to find the blocks.

When you pay a very high price to rent hashes and a very high price for people to mine in your pool you have to be extremely lucky just to break even.

Noone is that lucky.

I am not saying weither it's a smart move or not to rent or pay what the pool does, but am just pointing out what I see. Since it pays PPS and I get paid every 2 hours, I really don't care how many blocks are found or what kind of luck the pool has. I will say I am happy to have won a S3 miner from the pool and am happy with the payouts I have been getting.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 08:50:08 AM

What makes you think he is running on a 10% loss, I suggest you do a little more research into pools management, maybe take a class or two if you can find one, or just call s0br maybe if you ask nicely he will share with you how to profitably run a pool without scamming and unethically screwing your members.

If instead of charging a fee you pay out a 10% bonus then you are running at a 10% loss.

Ask yourself, how can a pool consistently over pay it's miners?

Actually there is a trick and I know it and I bet the rest of the loyal BaN members have figured it out as well. if you have a business structure like s0br has set up, you can pay bonuses and still make a wonderfully nice profit. You just have to be smarter than the keyboard you are typing on. In your case you clearly lack this skill.

There is no trick with a mining operation on its own. Maybe he has a side business that runs with a profit. But if the mining operatiion pays out 10% more than what comes in, then it's running at a 10% loss. If you are paying someone 11 BTC to mine 10 BTC for you then you are losing bitcoins fast.

Where is that payment coming from?

Very simple from the rewards in the Blocks we solve DAAAH

So when a block is created and the pool gets 25 BTC it pays out 27.5 BTC from those 25 BTC. That makes sense.

You sir are the reason why Children should not attempt this industry. If you are not 13 or still in high school, I feel bad for you. You have no understanding of business economics, and even less understanding on how to run a profitable mining pool. Please save yourself farther embarrassment and stop posting uneducated answers.

You need to learn a lot before you post such ridiculous and, i am sorry, but STUPID answers.

what i sense in you is a disgruntled teenager who was hoping to get an S3 but was never chosen as a winner and now is posting all he can in an attempt to tarnish a reputation. Sorry but that is what your post is screaming behind the scenes.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:17:33 AM

anyone experiencing low hashrates ? i'm getting about 10% lower than normal even after trying multiple different settings after many hours of tests.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 10:07:42 AM

You sir are the reason why Children should not attempt this industry. If you are not 13 or still in high school, I feel bad for you. You have no understanding of business economics, and even less understanding on how to run a profitable mining pool. Please save yourself farther embarrassment and stop posting uneducated answers.

You need to learn a lot before you post such ridiculous and, i am sorry, but STUPID answers.

what i sense in you is a disgruntled teenager who was hoping to get an S3 but was never chosen as a winner and now is posting all he can in an attempt to tarnish a reputation. Sorry but that is what your post is screaming behind the scenes.
It seems you are unaware that DrHaribo is a respected and experienced mining software writer and pool operator that has been here with the bitcoin community for a long time. I suggest you reconsider what you just said in light of that fact.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:33:17 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 12:02:09 PM by aurel57

anyone experiencing low hashrates ? i'm getting about 10% lower than normal even after trying multiple different settings after many hours of tests.

If you mean on the BAN pool then no my hash rate and payout have been very stable. At first I thought I was seeing a drop in my payouts because after the difficulty change it seemed it was a day and a half later before I seen the drop But it looks normal for the change.

Edit: The reason I mention my payouts is this is what I spreadsheet out daily. As long as the payouts are right and stable over every 24hour period for my hash rate then I assume things are right no matter what's being reported on the pools dashboard. My payouts over the last 3 days  ( also over every 2 hour payout) have been spot on and show no significant  difference from day to day.

The pool also has started merge mining which I am not a big fan of after   Eleuthria explained why BTC Guild does not merge mine.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 10:48:50 AM

It seems you are unaware that DrHaribo is a respected and experienced mining software writer and pool operator that has been here with the bitcoin community for a long time. I suggest you reconsider what you just said in light of that fact.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 CK

If you mean on the BAN pool then no my hash rate and payout have been very stable. At first I thought I was seeing a drop in my payouts because after the difficulty change it seemed it was a day and a half later before I seen the drop But it looks normal for the change.

i asked about hashrate NOT payouts aurel & most know that payouts do get slightly delayed sometimes when the "hot" wallet runs dry.

below is a screenshot of my 2nd dc that i just copy & pasted couple mins ago. all miners are identical & they're 1.5ths each. but most of them are hashing lower than normal Huh been scratching my head for sometime with various settings as i mentioned earlier too.

here's the weird part, but when i mine at other pools, the hashrates are pretty close to normal except @ BAN & Nicehash which we all know about.

WorkerHashrateDifficulty
101   1,205.60   4096
102   1,265.89   4096
103   1,356.31   512
104   1,265.89   512
105   1,205.60   4096
106   1,356.31   296
107   1,265.89   512
108   1,054.90   37
109   1,416.59   512
110   1,145.32   10
111   1,356.31   47
112   1,446.73   8
113   1,265.89   0
201   1,235.74   0
202   1,265.89   0
203   1,296.03   0
204   874.06   4096
205   1,687.85   512
206   1,265.89   512
207   1,416.59   2196
208   1,235.74   63
209   1,326.17   0
210   1,205.60   512
211   1,145.32   4096
212   1,537.15   4096
213   1,235.74   4096
51   1,537.15   2264
52   1,265.89   1953
53   1,386.45   1846
54   1,537.15   1999
55   1,567.29   2113
Total   40,628.93
deleterase

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:21:00 PM

The pool reward is pps so blocks are not necessarily paid at a 10% loss based on luck. PPLNS would be that way.

So when the pool is lucky it breaks even. When the pool is unlucky or has even luck it takes a loss. Over time it takes a massive loss. Several PPS pools went bankrupt in the past, even when charging fees.

If they have a trick or they think they have a trick to stay ahead of luck then it works until it falls apart and in the mean time I am happy with these rewards.

It's not illegal or a scam to throw away hundreds of bitcoins and pay miners too much. That's a whole different discusison.

I've only heard of one pool doing something like this before, and they were "investing" the coins in a ponzi scheme.

Asking questions here is not "stupid questions". Noone is a "complete noob idiot" for asking questions in a situation like this.

"A trick", "business structure" or "rewards in the blocks we solve" makes absolutely no sense. It sounds like a scammer talking.

Thank you DrHaribo - your knowledgable input is appreciated.

Absolutely, well said CK.

@cyberpinoy: Assuming someone who has a relatively new account to be a "stupid noob", as you so eloquently put it, is fool hardy & reckless. I am heavily involved in Bitcoin & the mining scene & have been for some years now - my choosing to open an account at bitcointalk recently does not make me any less experienced, nor does it mean that I can be considered a target for insults from members simply because they have had an account here for a longer period than me, especially when all I have done is stated facts that you obviously don't like to read, for whatever reason.

I don't post very often, only when I feel strongly enough about something to do so, & the antics of BitcoinAffiliateNetwork (BAN) - it's owner, it's admin, it's methods, it's complete lack of transparency, it's lies &  it's many posts of hatred from fake user accounts against any user who questions it's feasibility/honesty is such an occasion.

Mine with them if you want, nobody is stopping you. But don't expect concerned members to stop questioning their behaviour by simply throwing insults at them - on the contrary - it will only make them more determined to get to the truth, much of which has already been exposed in their scam thread.
aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:01:42 PM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 03:16:08 PM by aurel57

I have watch a lynch mob come after this pool for the S3 giveaway and then over how much it pays out. It's funny as I have never seen this type of response when two very respected people on these forums ( Kano and Luke-Jr.) went at it over alleged  improprieties with Eligius Pool? (And when other pools had questionable  things happen and never addressed) I find it funny when other pool operators want to bash another pool as you know they have no reason to ever mine there in the first place.  Also there is one pool operator which I hold in high astiem which I have never seen question anything about this pool yet have seen him answer many questions on other pool threads.  I really am not looking to bash anyone or feel the need to defend why I mine at any pool or defend this pool, just these are my random thoughts.

Edit: without going back thru the old posts please forgive me if Kano was directing his allegations  about Eligius at Wizkid and not Luke. I may still be thinking back when Kano and Luke would go at each other over which had the better programs for mining.
DrHaribo
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 03:31:12 PM

I'm not trying to lynch anyone or bash other pools.

I'm saying that it is OK to ask questions if someone pays you 10% more than what you're selling is worth. Just like it's OK to ask questions if someone pays you a 7% weekly profit on your "investment". A lot more people should have asked questions about Bitcoin Savings and Trust.

Personal insults and name calling as a response is not ok.

Hand-waving and non-sensical arguments designed to cause confusion is not an answer. We've seen that before, usually from scammers.

I'm not saying BAN is a scam. I don't know much about it, personally. Maybe they are operating at a big loss in the beginning to get their pool off the ground and will charge fees later. Maybe cyberpinoy is a puppet account of someone trying to make BAN look like a scam. Who knows.

I'm objecting to the behavior of some people in this thread, and arguments that make no sense whatsoever. If that means I'm in a lynch mob I'll have to get some rope.

aurel57
Legendary

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 03:39:47 PM

I'm saying that it is OK to ask questions if someone pays you 10% more than what you're selling is worth. Just like it's OK to ask questions if someone pays you a 7% weekly profit on your "investment". A lot more people should have asked questions about Bitcoin Savings and Trust.

Hand-waving and non-sensical arguments designed to cause confusion is not an answer. We've seen that before, usually from scammers.

I'm not saying BAN is a scam. I don't know much about it, personally. Maybe they are operating at a big loss in the beginning to get their pool off the ground and will charge fees later. Maybe cyberpinoy is a puppet account of someone trying to make BAN look like a scam. Who knows.

I'm objecting to the behavior of some people in this thread, and arguments that make no sense whatsoever. If that means I'm in a lynch mob I'll have to get some rope.

Thank you for the response and the lynch mob remark was not directed at you in particular but as a whole not only here but on the other couple of threads dealing with this pool. I had many questions about the pool and pulled my miners many times when I still was trying to figure out if it was for real also. Right now the pool is at 9 hours+ on paying out even tho my payout is set at 2 hours. This is the first time in about a week that its been late and a few months ago I would have switched pools but I am not as fast to move miners anymore. Anyways in a short while my miners will be pointed back to CK solo pool and I will only come back to BAN if the price of BTC warrants it. As I rather take a chance on solo mining than just turn the miners off and let them sit on the shelf. ( I am thankful to all that can carry a civil conversation on here even if their views differ)
xstr8guy (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:01:03 PM

I'm glad to see people like Dr. Haribo in this thread, educating the masses and questioning what is surely a questionable enterprise.

Now, what's happening with BAN's scheme to exploit BTC and mine more than it's proper share? Wasn't that the whole reason why they said they could afford to pay more?
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 08:53:11 AM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 09:30:40 AM by cyberpinoy

No i am not a puppet

I call them like I see them, I am a loyal miner at this pool. My loyalty is not earned easily. You made some FUD arguments about a pool "you dont know much about" then you and your friends get all bent out of shape when a loyal miner there puts you in your place. Altho you may be a good software writer it seems you lack the most basic knowledge on business economics. Just because someone runs a pool that is not scandelous and profitable only for the pool owners does not make them a scam, just because you dont understand his business structure does not make it non-profitable. I watched this man, and have been watching this pool very closely for a long time now and to be honest I have done the behind the scenes numbers of what i think he may be doing and to be honest, in my opinion, its genius. Where other pools are unethically doing things to try their best to fill their pockets with as much BTC as possible and underpay the people mining for them, he has found a way to fairly pay his members  and still make a pretty nice profit.

As a respected mining software developer I would expect more from you, Software writers need the ability to always be open minded and think outside of the box. Its sad to see and say but the Owner of Bitcoin Affiliate has seemingly done something no one else so far has been able to do. Run a  fair and profitable pool.

PPLNS pools are straight up scams from the get go, they have pool owner profit on the mind and nothing else, to say I have a PPLNS pool you may as well say i want you to mine for me and only get rewarded a tiny portion of what you actually put in. All these other mining strategies have nothing but pool profit worked in, no has ever sat down at the drawing table and said how can I run a pool that is fair to my members and profitable to me at the same time ...UNTIL Bitcoin Affiliate. There are only 2 fair paying pools PPS Pay Per Share and PPP Pay Per Proportion anything other than this is not as profitable for the miners as it should be, but is extremely profitable for the pool owners.

Lets be business economics honest, how much cost do you really have in running a good pool. You can start out cheap maybe 40-60 bucks a month for a VPS and 100 bucks a year for a website domain. A lot of coding you need is already opensource anyways so you just need to put it all together. so an upfront few BTC or cash to have a good coder put it all together. You can even go the cheap lazy route and get some cloudfare security, another small cost but may be beneficial.  So in a sense you can have roughly 70-80 bucks a month for the necessities. 0.25BTC max. As your pool grows and you begin to bring in profits you will need to upgrade to the next level servers and then begin to add support  people to help you with customer support.  

Is it that easy NO easier said than done but I am just putting the facts out there.

So tell me respected leader in pools and software developments what is the real need for any pool to have to make 40% or more of the BTC per block mined in order to be a truly profitable pool? Is there really a need to make that much while that pool sticks it to the miners actually getting them that profit. Like Ghash.io the biggest scammer pool of the BTC industry history.
If you did in fact know more abut the pool you raised the false FUD about a lot of the stuff you dont understand and dont know about would be answered.

For a respected man in this industry and an opinion others seem to cherish, maybe you should not comment on a pool "you dont know much about" with bashing and FUD posts.

Just my 2 cents  Smiley

@cyberpinoy: Assuming someone who has a relatively new account to be a "stupid noob", as you so eloquently put it, is fool hardy & reckless. I am heavily involved in Bitcoin & the mining scene & have been for some years now - my choosing to open an account at bitcointalk recently does not make me any less experienced, nor does it mean that I can be considered a target for insults from members simply because they have had an account here for a longer period than me, especially when all I have done is stated facts that you obviously don't like to read, for whatever reason.

I don't post very often, only when I feel strongly enough about something to do so, & the antics of BitcoinAffiliateNetwork (BAN) - it's owner, it's admin, it's methods, it's complete lack of transparency, it's lies &  it's many posts of hatred from fake user accounts against any user who questions it's feasibility/honesty is such an occasion.

Mine with them if you want, nobody is stopping you. But don't expect concerned members to stop questioning their behaviour by simply throwing insults at them - on the contrary - it will only make them more determined to get to the truth, much of which has already been exposed in their scam thread.

I love members like you who always talk about how "heavily involved" they are in the bitcoin industry so i will respond first with a few questions,

Bitcoin Industry questions:
What is the website address of your Bitcoin Merchant site where we can buy absolutely anything with bitcoins cheaper than we can at the local walmart?

What item are you using that can only be purchased with Bitcoins and nothing else?

What is the address to your bitcoin auction site?

What is the address to the game you have that uses bitcoins as its games digital currency?

What is the address of your mining pool?

What is the address of your coin exchange?

Mining industry questions:
How many solar panels are you running on your mine?

What inverter are you using on the panels for your mine?

Are you using a charge controller on your solar system for your miners?

What type of wind turbine are you using in your mine?

What design have you used in your mine to maximize airflow and separate the hot exhaust from the cold intake?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now tell me again exactly how heavily involved you are with bitcoins and the mining industry again?

Now that the sarcasim and defense has been vented let me move on to your post in a more open minded way,

Please dont tell me the lies you are talking abut is those stupid s3s still. For god sake how many times must this community kick this dead horse. the proof of shipments was given this community refuses to accept the proof, not the owner or admins fault, the pictures have been taken about payouts and this community refuses to accept that, what proof do you people need if pictures and tracking numbers I saw provided in other posts are not enough? There is nothing wrong with the owner or the admins. I can probably say much like you are seeing from me, the loyal members who know better are just sick of the FUD and bullcrap this community continues to push. and much like you  (altho i talk a lot more) when I see a line of crap hanging out there i will not hesitate to put one in his place, and to be honest I dont care if its Dr whoever he is or Satoshi Nakamoto himself, if you say something that is not warranted I will defend what i know to be correct.

Now aside from your post let me just mention I am seeing a nice clan forming in this thread, I find it funny how all these well respected men in this industry seemingly are acting like a bunch of school girls fighting in the bathroom but doing so in the most professional way they possibly can. Talk about transparency HAHAHA look in the mirror some of you and point the finger to yourselves.

This will be my last post in here so dont bother rebutting me I dont care about your opinion of me or the pool I mine in, I make more on BAN than any other pool I have tried, I have tried many trust me and test regularly. So dont waste your time responding to me in this thread cause I wont be checking its status, you guys are seemingly tied together like a bunch of wallstreet brats in a certain and purposeful determined way to trash and bash this pool for whatever reason you have, so go on, I will keep reaping the rewards you are to foolish to accept right now. The great thing abut mining is when you own the machines you can point them absolutely anywhere you want to get a rough idea of a payout, when you own enough machines you can point them everywhere and find true honest results and profits per pool. When you dont have any or enough machines you can guess and make FUD. I chose to have the machines I need to make educated tests with facts and honest mining results and thus where my responses come from Smiley

deleterase

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:39:30 AM

This will be my last post in here....

Good. Thanks.
xstr8guy (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:50:39 AM

No i am not a puppet

I call them like I see them, I am a loyal miner at this pool. My loyalty is not earned easily. You made some FUD arguments about a pool "you dont know much about" then you and your friends get all bent out of shape when a loyal miner there puts you in your place. Altho you may be a good software writer it seems you lack the most basic knowledge on business economics. Just because someone runs a pool that is not scandelous and profitable only for the pool owners does not make them a scam, just because you dont understand his business structure does not make it non-profitable. I watched this man, and have been watching this pool very closely for a long time now and to be honest I have done the behind the scenes numbers of what i think he may be doing and to be honest, in my opinion, its genius. Where other pools are unethically doing things to try their best to fill their pockets with as much BTC as possible and underpay the people mining for them, he has found a way to fairly pay his members  and still make a pretty nice profit.

As a respected mining software developer I would expect more from you, Software writers need the ability to always be open minded and think outside of the box. Its sad to see and say but the Owner of Bitcoin Affiliate has seemingly done something no one else so far has been able to do. Run a  fair and profitable pool.

PPLNS pools are straight up scams from the get go, they have pool owner profit on the mind and nothing else, to say I have a PPLNS pool you may as well say i want you to mine for me and only get rewarded a tiny portion of what you actually put in. All these other mining strategies have nothing but pool profit worked in, no has ever sat down at the drawing table and said how can I run a pool that is fair to my members and profitable to me at the same time ...UNTIL Bitcoin Affiliate. There are only 2 fair paying pools PPS Pay Per Share and PPP Pay Per Proportion anything other than this is not as profitable for the miners as it should be, but is extremely profitable for the pool owners.

Lets be business economics honest, how much cost do you really have in running a good pool. You can start out cheap maybe 40-60 bucks a month for a VPS and 100 bucks a year for a website domain. A lot of coding you need is already opensource anyways so you just need to put it all together. so an upfront few BTC or cash to have a good coder put it all together. You can even go the cheap lazy route and get some cloudfare security, another small cost but may be beneficial.  So in a sense you can have roughly 70-80 bucks a month for the necessities. 0.25BTC max. As your pool grows and you begin to bring in profits you will need to upgrade to the next level servers and then begin to add support  people to help you with customer support.  

Is it that easy NO easier said than done but I am just putting the facts out there.

So tell me respected leader in pools and software developments what is the real need for any pool to have to make 40% or more of the BTC per block mined in order to be a truly profitable pool? Is there really a need to make that much while that pool sticks it to the miners actually getting them that profit. Like Ghash.io the biggest scammer pool of the BTC industry history.
If you did in fact know more abut the pool you raised the false FUD about a lot of the stuff you dont understand and dont know about would be answered.

For a respected man in this industry and an opinion others seem to cherish, maybe you should not comment on a pool "you dont know much about" with bashing and FUD posts.

Just my 2 cents  Smiley

I don't post very often, only when I feel strongly enough about something to do so, & the antics of BitcoinAffiliateNetwork (BAN) - it's owner, it's admin, it's methods, it's complete lack of transparency, it's lies &  it's many posts of hatred from fake user accounts against any user who questions it's feasibility/honesty is such an occasion.

I love members like you who always talk about how "heavily involved" they are in the bitcoin industry so i will respond first with a few questions,

Bitcoin Industry questions:
What is the website address of your Bitcoin Merchant site where we can buy absolutely anything with bitcoins cheaper than we can at the local walmart?

What item are you using that can only be purchased with Bitcoins and nothing else?

What is the address to your bitcoin auction site?

What is the address to the game you have that uses bitcoins as its games digital currency?

What is the address of your mining pool?

What is the address of your coin exchange?

Mining industry questions:
How many solar panels are you running on your mine?

What inverter are you using on the panels for your mine?

Are you using a charge controller on your solar system for your miners?

What type of wind turbine are you using in your mine?

What design have you used in your mine to maximize airflow and separate the hot exhaust from the cold intake?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now tell me again exactly how heavily involved you are with bitcoins and the mining industry again?

Now that the sarcasim and defense has been vented let me move on to your post in a more open minded way,

Please dont tell me the lies you are talking abut is those stupid s3s still. For god sake how many times must this community kick this dead horse. the proof of shipments was given this community refuses to accept the proof, not the owner or admins fault, the pictures have been taken about payouts and this community refuses to accept that, what proof do you people need if pictures and tracking numbers I saw provided in other posts are not enough? There is nothing wrong with the owner or the admins. I can probably say much like you are seeing from me, the loyal members who know better are just sick of the FUD and bullcrap this community continues to push. and much like you  (altho i talk a lot more) when I see a line of crap hanging out there i will not hesitate to put one in his place, and to be honest I dont care if its Dr whoever he is or Satoshi Nakamoto himself, if you say something that is not warranted I will defend what i know to be correct.

Now aside from your post let me just mention I am seeing a nice clan forming in this thread, I find it funny how all these well respected men in this industry seemingly are acting like a bunch of school girls fighting in the bathroom but doing so in the most professional way they possibly can. Talk about transparency HAHAHA look in the mirror some of you and point the finger to yourselves.

This will be my last post in here so dont bother rebutting me I dont care about your opinion of me or the pool I mine in, I make more on BAN than any other pool I have tried, I have tried many trust me and test regularly. So dont waste your time responding to me in this thread cause I wont be checking its status, you guys are seemingly tied together like a bunch of wallstreet brats in a certain and purposeful determined way to trash and bash this pool for whatever reason you have, so go on, I will keep reaping the rewards you are to foolish to accept right now. The great thing abut mining is when you own the machines you can point them absolutely anywhere you want to get a rough idea of a payout, when you own enough machines you can point them everywhere and find true honest results and profits per pool. When you dont have any or enough machines you can guess and make FUD. I chose to have the machines I need to make educated tests with facts and honest mining results and thus where my responses come from Smiley

Since you seem to be the expert, please explain how a pool can payout 10% more than it could possibly earn and still make a profit.

Are there underwear gnomes involved? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tO5sxLapAts
Mine bitcoins + payout 110% + ?? = profit
DrHaribo
Legendary

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 11:05:05 AM

PPLNS is taking 40% from the blocks, even the zero fee PPLNS pools which pay out all income from the blocks?

I'll try to focus on the positives. Thank you for making this your final post.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

Except your "facts" include some complete and utter rubbish.
Either you are simply confused and do not understand pool payout methods or you are lying for some bazaar reason.

The actual payout "method" has nothing at all to do with the % of pool owners profit.
Read that again:
The actual payout "method" has nothing at all to do with the % of pool owners profit.

I run a PPLNS pool and each block I receive I payout 99.1% of the total block value.
The fact that I say and do payout 99.1% of the total block means ... guess what? ... I make 0.9% of the reward.
How the fuck is that 40%?
Seriously go learn some elementary school maths.

Prop pools are the worst pools of all since they mean that long term miners will make less per share that short term miners who hop the pool.

On a PPS pool, the amount paid out depends on the PPS rate - most pools that used to use PPS would charge a high % fee (4%-7%) because PPS is a high risk payment scheme and proven statistically that the pool should eventually run out of money.

The biggest issue with BAN is that they are hiding where the extra 10% is coming from.
Why do people hide things unless they don't want people to know it.
Also note a rather glaring issue "hiding details" doesn't at all equal "transparency" Tongue

Seriously can you stop posting this rubbish and learn about pools and payouts.

Your post above is simply making a fool of yourself due to it's ridiculous inaccuracies.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: