Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Coinut.com - The only Bitcoin Options Exchange [beta]  (Read 34141 times)
bitdeep

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 02:21:16 AM

Is viable the possibility to have vanilla options that expiry every 1 or 2 days?

I ask that, because I'm most interested in day trading, when my strategy goes wrong I need to wait days to neutralize my negative balance.

I'm looking to use binary options for my strategy because they low time-frame, the problem is they are more expansive.

Thanks.
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 06:50:27 AM

Okay, spread bets suck.

There's also been complaints by other people about not getting paid put options that hit the strike. And that's because the Coinut index actually has 8 decimals.

So spread options suck and if you're closing a binary option position it would be recommended to close the position instead of buying the corresponding hedge. You have to pay an extra fee by buying the corresponding hedge and the extra fee is probably not worth it for the chance that it'll land on the strike.

Also as a customer I think it would be beneficial to show more decimals on the index.

You are right. Now if you want to see price with more decimals, just click the price on the Trade page.
imarh75

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:33:40 PM

The interesting thing about options is that you can make money when the price isn't volatile unlike futures or margin trading.

and site looks really cool. I will be funding my new account shortly and make some trades.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 12:34:00 AM

The interesting thing about options is that you can make money when the price isn't volatile unlike futures or margin trading.

and site looks really cool. I will be funding my new account shortly and make some trades.

Thanks. You are welcome to try.

BTW, our liquidity has recovered.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:48:11 AM

I wish someone would make a youtube video and walk through everything on how to trade on coinut. It's a little confusing for a first time options trader.

I have lots of questions if anyone is bored on a Friday night and wants to answer them Smiley

1. Why does my floating P/L swing so dramatically?
2. Why is the P/L showing negative, when the price is going down and I placed a PUT order?
3. If Call is for a long position and Put is for a short position why are the sell buttons? Shouldn't they all be buy buttons, or just Call vs Put buttons?
4. Do you have to wait for the expiration time to occur or can close it out early? Is that what the sell buttons are for?
5. If I bought a contract for 0.003 but my P&L is -0.0034  will I lose additional funds on top of the cost I already paid to place the position?

chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 03:18:55 AM

I wish someone would make a youtube video and walk through everything on how to trade on coinut. It's a little confusing for a first time options trader.

I have lots of questions if anyone is bored on a Friday night and wants to answer them Smiley

1. Why does my floating P/L swing so dramatically?
2. Why is the P/L showing negative, when the price is going down and I placed a PUT order?
3. If Call is for a long position and Put is for a short position why are the sell buttons? Shouldn't they all be buy buttons, or just Call vs Put buttons?
4. Do you have to wait for the expiration time to occur or can close it out early? Is that what the sell buttons are for?
5. If I bought a contract for 0.003 but my P&L is -0.0034  will I lose additional funds on top of the cost I already paid to place the position?

So floating P/L is based on doing a market order. So it takes into account spread. You'd get a negative P/L because if you bought and then market sold you'd lose money.

I'm not sure if you're doing vanilla options. As mentioned you can get negative P/L because of the spread. But for vanilla options you can get negative P/L on PUTs because of time decay. When you buy a PUT there's a premium, the premium decreases as you near settlement. You paid for the premium and now its less which might be more negative P/L. There's a similar thing with binary options. If it moves a lot (high volatility), in the money options will be cheaper. This might be a bit too complex, ask me if you have more questions.

3. For binary options there's a slight difference being a call binary options pays >= strike, and a PUT binary options pays for <= strike. So if it's on the strike then both the CALL and the PUT get paid out. That's why it's slightly different when you sell a PUT and buy a CALL, or sell a CALL and buy a PUT.

3. For vanilla options Selling and buying is really different. When you buy an option (CALL or PUT), your risk is limited. You can only lose as much as the premium you paid for the position. Your upside potential on the other hand is unlimited (sort of). When you buy an option it'll tell you based on the premium where your break even price is. That's why vanilla options are called non-linear products unlike futures. Futures and spot trading your profit/loss is linear. With options it's a bit different since risk is capped. One more thing, this is why buying options is called Longing volatility. You pay the premium, you're betting that the price will out of the range so you make money on the premium, you could also say its like buying insurance, in case the price moves that much.

3. Likewise, when you sell options, you're shorting volatility. You get to collect a premium. But if it's extra volatile, and the price moves enough in the wrong direction, you're going to lose the premium and lose money. If it stays flat or moves in the other direction, you're going to make money. When Selling options your profit is capped to the premium, and your risk is unlimited.

So I hope you can understand how Buying and Selling Vanilla options is quite different.

4. You do not need to wait until expiration. You can do two things, you can make another trade to hedge your position. When you do this you have to pay a fee. The other option is to click the close button. When you close a position like this you don't need to pay a fee again. If your option is well in the money, it may be better to hedge.

Let's say you have a 228 binary CALL option. You want to take profit, you can sell it for 0.009 but instead you could also sell a 230 CALL option also for 0.009. So now you're hedged into settlement. Except there's the case where you make even more money if it settles between 228-230.

5. I'd need more details. When you buy a contract you can't lose more money then you have. But there's also the fee that you paid. Honestly, I don't even look at P/L.

So tell me if you need any more explanations.

To people reading this, you can click the link in my signature to sign up for Coinut.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 03:38:16 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply Chris. Looks like i have some learning to do, this is bit more complex than the leveraged trading I'm used to on finex and kraken.

wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 04:44:15 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply Chris. Looks like i have some learning to do, this is bit more complex than the leveraged trading I'm used to on finex and kraken.

This is also much more interesting to trade.

Thanks to Chris for the explanations.
bitdeep

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 09:02:52 PM

Is there a limit to BUY PUT contracts?

I'm trying to buy 100 put (amount), but it list only 50 in "OPEN POSITIONS".
chriswen

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:28:40 PM

Is there a limit to BUY PUT contracts?

I'm trying to buy 100 put (amount), but it list only 50 in "OPEN POSITIONS".

Just iceberg in, you should slowly get filled.
jinekimi

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:44:11 PM

registered on your website, there is some liquidity now. It looks quite cool.

hope you guys are working on a reiteration of the trading page.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:45:31 PM

registered on your website, there is some liquidity now. It looks quite cool.

hope you guys are working on a reiteration of the trading page.

Yes, we have improved quite a lot during the last month. We will continue improving the trading page.
navaman

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 06:09:16 PM

Are the 5-min Binaries not available going forward or is their disappearance just temporary?

Help develop DarkClam.  The Just-Dice currency of the future.  Helps is needed with development, funding and a lot of ideas.

Go here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362098.msg13861544#msg13861544
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 06:18:40 PM

Are the 5-min Binaries not available going forward or is their disappearance just temporary?

We are looking for a more robust index. After that they will come back. Stay tuned.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2015, 02:23:39 AM

Guys, we just chose TradeBlock's robust XBX index. https://tradeblock.com/markets/index/

The 5-minute binary options are back! Enjoy trading!
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 12:23:14 AM

Spreads just dropped quite a lot!
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 05:59:51 PM

Hi guys, feel free to ask me any questions on ZapChain https://www.zapchain.com/a/l/im-founder-of-coinut-a-bitcoin-options-exchange-you-can-use-coinuts-performance-optimized-option/8tqx5JAcar.
navaman

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:49:03 PM

I don't want to hijack the thread but I want to gauge any interest in option trading, crypto and regular financial instruments tutoring.  I was a market maker for vanilla options on a few exchanges and have a stint in an attempt at academia afterwards, so, I know a bunch of tricks or should I say stuff they don't really talk about in books for retail investors.  I would charge a small fee.  Like I said, if people express interest I'll put up a thread in one of the sub-forums but don't want to get negative feedback when they say "who the fuck are you."

Help develop DarkClam.  The Just-Dice currency of the future.  Helps is needed with development, funding and a lot of ideas.

Go here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362098.msg13861544#msg13861544
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2015, 06:27:27 AM

I don't want to hijack the thread but I want to gauge any interest in option trading, crypto and regular financial instruments tutoring.  I was a market maker for vanilla options on a few exchanges and have a stint in an attempt at academia afterwards, so, I know a bunch of tricks or should I say stuff they don't really talk about in books for retail investors.  I would charge a small fee.  Like I said, if people express interest I'll put up a thread in one of the sub-forums but don't want to get negative feedback when they say "who the fuck are you."

Hi, sure. We will be glad to talk to you. I just PMed my Skype ID.
chriswen

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 06:52:10 AM

I hope you don't leak the users emails again. You know how to send announcements right?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: