Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 491695 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitsaoit

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:23:12 AM

Quick update on V 1.2.8 release: We are in the process of testing the latest version of NHZ and re-vamping the UI to provide a flawless user-friendly experience!

The new landing page with a bunch of integrated goodies is nearing completion as well. We'll keep everyone updated.
Smiley

very very good news
i cannot wait any more

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:50:27 AM

Quick update on V 1.2.8 release: We are in the process of testing the latest version of NHZ and re-vamping the UI to provide a flawless user-friendly experience!

The new landing page with a bunch of integrated goodies is nearing completion as well. We'll keep everyone updated.
Smiley

Brilliant, it can change a lot for NHZ  Grin
ltcrstrbrt
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:00:27 AM

Ok I seem to be more confused than I thought.

Trying to follow the instructions in the pdf for setting up a node.

Do I need to download a wallet or is only online wallet?

What steps exactly do I need to take to setup a node to earn coins with and have an offline wallet to store those coins safely?

Also, which wallet would I want to install?  Have PLENTY of disk space for the blockchain!

The wallet is a brain wallet, and your passphrase is your wallet.

http://nhzcrypto.org/threads/tutorial-how-to-create-a-hallmarked-node-and-also-run-a-local-client.403/

Use this walk through.
It takes about 2 minutes to set it up.

http://nhzcrypto.org/pages/wallet-downloads/

Download the full wallet.

Setup the node about an hour ago, says server has started.  Still nothing coming up when I check my IP so it looks like it is not working for me.  Am pretty sure I opened the port, have a new router Netgear Nighthawk R8000, it is called port triggering in the setup for this router.  I had to assign the IP address of the PC I am running the node on under this option as well.

Any ideas?
which wallet, client do you use?
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:15:56 PM

Hi guys, I need some help please. I'm trying to setup a node and I need to create my node hallmark but when I run the server and try to open 'localhost:7776/admin.html' in my browser, I'm getting 'error 404. not found.' Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!
LD2164

Activity: 95

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:19:33 PM

Hi guys, I need some help please. I'm trying to setup a node and I need to create my node hallmark but when I run the server and try to open 'localhost:7776/admin.html' in my browser, I'm getting 'error 404. not found.' Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!

I had the same when trying to use NHZ_xxx_API but it works fine with the non API builds...

I think you might be able to just change nhz.myPlatform=API to ...=PC

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:31:55 PM

I had the same when trying to use NHZ_xxx_API but it works fine with the non API builds...

Oh ok thanks! But where do I get the non api build from? I can't find any other download link for the node wallet on the site  Sad
LD2164

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:40:41 PM

Oh ok thanks! But where do I get the non api build from? I can't find any other download link for the node wallet on the site  Sad

I think the ones on the nhz forum are the best...

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 12:48:00 PM

Yea but they don't have a non-api version on there. The node wallet download link points to the api build.
LD2164

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:53:12 PM

Yea but they don't have a non-api version on there. The node wallet download link points to the api build.

I'm pretty sure that when I got that error you are getting with 7776/admin I just tried the other one, the 'Full wallet', and now it works and I get my bounty... 

bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:05:01 PM

can i run a node for only 14 hours per day?
LD2164

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 01:57:43 PM

as long as your IPs don't change then you can accumulate 24hours total over multiple days...

ObscureBean
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:44:58 PM

I'm pretty sure that when I got that error you are getting with 7776/admin I just tried the other one, the 'Full wallet', and now it works and I get my bounty... 

Yup you're right, I tried the 'Full wallet' instead of the 'node wallet' and it's now working ok Smiley Thanks for the help.
BTW was just wondering have you already completed a 24hr period and received the payout?
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:45:06 PM

will NHZ update the code to the new NXT 1.3 version with all items stored in a database?
LD2164

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:55:17 PM

Yup you're right, I tried the 'Full wallet' instead of the 'node wallet' and it's now working ok Smiley Thanks for the help.
BTW was just wondering have you already completed a 24hr period and received the payout?

yup, a few.

Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:32:16 PM

What steps exactly do I need to take to setup a node to earn coins with and have an offline wallet to store those coins safely?

Also, which wallet would I want to install?  Have PLENTY of disk space for the blockchain!

http://nhzcrypto.org/threads/tutorial-how-to-create-a-hallmarked-node-and-also-run-a-local-client.403/

Use this walk through.

Setup the node about an hour ago, says server has started.  Still nothing coming up when I check my IP so it looks like it is not working for me.  Am pretty sure I opened the port, have a new router Netgear Nighthawk R8000, it is called port triggering in the setup for this router.  I had to assign the IP address of the PC I am running the node on under this option as well.

Any ideas?

Check to see if the port is open here:
http://www.canyouseeme.org/

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:01:59 PM

Is the script for bounty working? last bounty received was on 13th of October. Account NHZ-C9U3-SW9X-5WFG-DCN3T
rrivv

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:07:45 PM

The node bounty payments are currently a little behind. We are in control of this, and there is nothing to worry about. While the servers catch up with making node payments, some may show negative times until payout. This will be rectified when the payments are complete. Thank you for your patience.
Pizpie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:07:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FoMgDVTPL8&feature=youtu.be

Link for todays show / conversation about the importance of decentralization, NHZ, and creating blockchain and social ecosystems.

Will be calling in at approximately  3:30EST

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:59:01 PM

Use this walk through.

Any ideas?
which wallet, client do you use?

It didn't sound like the wallet had to be installed for the node to work, assumed this would have been part of the instructions to setup the node so didn't think I needed to do that to get the node up.  Was gonna install the wallet after I got the node up and running as I thought the only purpose for that would be to store my coins in a safer place.  Guess I will install the full wallet now as it appears I am still not understanding something here.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 08:02:10 PM

Use this walk through.

Any ideas?

Check to see if the port is open here:
http://www.canyouseeme.org/

Thanks for that link!  I get this "Error: I could not see your service on 67.182.67.197 on port (7774)" so I guess my port is not actually open.  Not the best with networking stuff and have a brand new router so I am really guessing at how to "open a port" as I only see "port forwarding" and "port triggering" options in my router's settings.  I setup a port triggering for port 7774 and set the trigger for the IP address of the PC I am running the node on, not sure if this is correct but is where I am at now.  Router is a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 if anyone is familiar.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: