Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:24:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][C2] Coin2 | POS | Official Thread | BF3 | BF4 | CS:GO | Chain of Conflict  (Read 484314 times)
nrigo

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:26:48 PM

I know there was talk of a swap last year.  Is there someplace I can submit an email and get a notification of when the swap is going to happen, if it happens?
There was no possibility of notification for the swap until now, but I will release a form for the notification request. Stay tuned!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
funkwerk101

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:51:07 AM

Thanks Nrigo

Will make sure to stay posted for it, still want to see this one take off to the old levels  Grin

1MDiLyJGvwcLf3vcNKfqmCXa28gqTVQeaW
GB1989

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:55:59 PM

@nrigo

What was your thoughts on my inflation avoidence + fast block time idea? Also Segwit / lightening?

Really looking forward to the swap. Curious if anyone else has thought of any new coin names Tongue
nrigo

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:55:22 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2018, 10:42:25 PM by nrigo

@nrigo

What was your thoughts on my inflation avoidence + fast block time idea? Also Segwit / lightening?

Really looking forward to the swap. Curious if anyone else has thought of any new coin names Tongue
It was very difficult for me to work on the project during the holidays and I restarted this week.

I made some calculation to estimate the number of blocks for a given block time during the 100% PoW period:

With 120 sec. block time and 100K blocks, the PoW duration would be about 4 and a half months. I would let us enough time to develop and to test the next wallet release including PoS/PoC, Master Nodes and Super Stakers.

With a faster block time during the PoS/PoC period, we would get a fast blockchain growth:

- 15 sec. block: 2.102 Mil blocks / year
- 30 sec. block: 1.051 Mil blocks / year
- 60 sec. block: 0.525 Mil blocks / year = an acceptable growth

3 and a half years after launch, Coin2.1 blockchain height is about 1.92 Mil blocks and the db size is 3.3 GB with 60 sec. block. Consequently, it looks difficult to adopt a faster block time and I'm not sure of the real advantage knowing that exchanges are often requesting more confirmation than the coin network.

The next step is to define the reward per block with X super blocks and with a halving at block #50000. I'm also thinking about the block size and more detailed specification. My idea is to create a poll to get the opinion of the community on this matter.

My thought regarding your proposal: yes, it is easy to define a block reward matching the number of PoW blocks and the total reward allocated to the miners as well. It is the next step here Smiley

My last thought regarding the inflation: a good strategy may help to increase the demand and the supply together while balancing the market. My disquiet is to succeed in growing the capital almost so quickly as the supply, so that the inflation doesn't affect the real coin value.

I received a first good proposal for the new coin name and the online submission form is almost ready. I'm going to release the link very soon.

nrigo

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:44:03 PM

Do you have ideas about the new coin purpose or about a specific usage of the blockchain?

nooobie11

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:42:28 PM

Just found this coin, is it necessary to move coins to wallet in order to get the fork?
pagona

Activity: 676

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 01:31:52 AM

leave them on exchange

life is amazing
GB1989

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:15:03 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 09:57:31 AM by GB1989

It was very difficult for me to work on the project during the holidays and I restarted this week.

I made some calculation to estimate the number of blocks for a given block time during the 100% PoW period:

With 120 sec. block time and 100K blocks, the PoW duration would be about 4 and a half months. I would let us enough time to develop and to test the next wallet release including PoS/PoC, Master Nodes and Super Stakers.

With a faster block time during the PoS/PoC period, we would get a fast blockchain growth:

3 and a half years after launch, Coin2.1 blockchain height is about 1.92 Mil blocks and the db size is 3.3 GB with 60 sec. block. Consequently, it looks difficult to adopt a faster block time and I'm not sure of the real advantage knowing that exchanges are often requesting more confirmation than the coin network.

The next step is to define the reward per block with X super blocks and with a halving at block #50000. I'm also thinking about the block size and more detailed specification. My idea is to create a poll to get the opinion of the community on this matter.

My thought regarding your proposal: yes, it is easy to define a block reward matching the number of PoW blocks and the total reward allocated to the miners as well. It is the next step here Smiley

My last thought regarding the inflation: a good strategy may help to increase the demand and the supply together while balancing the market. My disquiet is to succeed in growing the capital almost so quickly as the supply, so that the inflation doesn't affect the real coin value.

I received a first good proposal for the new coin name and the online submission form is almost ready. I'm going to release the link very soon.

I think this is a good start as well for phase 1 of the new coin. It gives us enough time to test and get the next phase ready. The only thing I'd like to add is to please ensure Segwit is implemented from the start. I really do think this feature will be a huge opportunity for us if implemented from the get go.

A couple of things with this. First why not have PoW continue but in addition add PoS/PoC on top for phase 2? It would be more secure and allow more hardware to mine but at the cost of being less green/energy efficient. Ultimately though it may be a fair trade off as then we could still claim to be green/energy efficent while also being more secure. So something like...

-2 multi PoW algos at 25% each
-PoS/PoC at 25% each
**We also need to consider percentages of masternodes / superstakers**

As for inflation... PoW/PoC should be easy to control inflation by reducing the block reward in favor of quicker blocks but depending on how we do PoS/Masternodes/Superstakers is where we could increase inflation a lot. Also I'm unsure of what type of PoS variation you'd like to implement and what percentages you'd like to use (on top of min/max stake periods). There's a lot to decide just in that alone. Also you may have seen this but it has some PoS variations to look into
https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@killjoy/the-different-proofs-of-crypto-currency

As for advantages of a faster block time... I think its sort of mixed but if accounted for is mostly positive. The obvious negative is how fast the blockchain would grow but that doesn't necessarily have to be a negative. The advantages are obviously transactions would be crazy fast. Perhaps we could study Digibyte more and see how they manage this as I believe they are the fastest coin currently; at least to my knowledge. To me I like the selling point of claiming to have one of the fastest coins as I find that to be marketable. Even still quick transactions is a nice feature and great on its own merits as long as rewards could compensate for it so inflation isn't out of bounds and also if we add enough confirmations to satisfy exchanges. If both of those criteria are met then fast transactions would have no negatives or none that I could see.

Very good to hear about the submission for coin names! Hopefully we'll get a good list to vote on Smiley

Do you have ideas about the new coin purpose or about a specific usage of the blockchain?

I'm very happy you asked this as I have a few ideas. Really I think we should implement a few different things to be honest. The best thing we can do is not have one purpose but definitely a coin that's multi purpose.

BLOCKCHAIN USES:
1. Security/Privacy: I say we implement zero-knowledge proof or 'zk-SNARK' from Zcash. Adding this would give the user a choice of shielded transactions for an additional transaction fee.
2. Digital Publishing Notarize/Signing: For businesses it would be nice to implement something like DiguSign so that documents are securely stored, notarized, validated and secured for an additional transaction fee.
3. Decentralized Cloud Storage: This may take awhile to implement and be something we do in later stages but the impacts are too huge not to ignore. We may need to study Storj to gain a better understanding of how to implement this but I truly feel a decentralized cloud storage will skyrocket in popularity in the near future. Again for an additional transaction fee.
4. Fund Raising Services: If we could tap into fundraising ventures like IndieGoGo/Kickstarter/GoFundMe we could revolutionize the way these are done today while tapping into another market. Yet again for additional transaction fee's.
5. Gaming: This was originally Coin2's purpose but hopefully we could utilize it much more than now. I'm unsure of what we could implement gaming wise into the block chain but its obviously a huge market and one that I'd like us to stay apart of in someway.

These additional fee's could be coins that get destroyed to lower inflation or maybe you have a better idea with what to do with the fees? Normal transaction fee's should be kept to a minimum and low. My thoughts are by offering all 5 of these we give our users the ability for privacy, public notary for business, a trusted decentralized cloud storage mechanism, a way to raise money for fund raising services, and for gamers. By specializing in all of these at once we distinguish ourselves as the best multi-purpose coin and then the huge blockchain from quick block times would serve a purpose. I realize though implementing these would be a lot of work and so I don't think it would be an easy task but certainly the best if we could pull this off.

Aside from the block chain... I think there's three other features we should add. Two of which I consider essential.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES:
1. Stake for Charity: I really enjoy this and think Hobonickels was the first to implement such a thing. It should be pretty easy to implement.
2. DigiShield: This one is a must in my opinion as it gives real time difficulty protection. It would re-target the new coin's difficulty to protect against multi-pools and over-inflation.
3. Segwit implementation: Starting with this is also a must in my opinion.

I'm sorry for the novel but I really tried to think of what would be the best we could do. Hopefully you enjoyed my ideas Smiley
funkwerk101

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:05:07 AM

I cant help but fell drawn to gaming - as you say it was always the coins original purpose and i always saw its as some form of game credit/upgrades payment system.
Just seemed to fit

1MDiLyJGvwcLf3vcNKfqmCXa28gqTVQeaW
pagona

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:59:53 AM

GB1989, you have c2 wallet?

i would like to tip you some for bringing nice ideas

life is amazing
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:12:40 PM

Any indication how many coins per MN?
nrigo

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:44:03 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 09:41:17 PM by nrigo

Any indication how many coins per MN?
5000 new coins per MN + some USDT to support the new coin value with real assets through a Foundation (NGO) managing the capital growth.

The initial idea was 1600 USDT, but this price is probably too low and we are going to reevaluate it.

nrigo

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:43:52 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 10:03:46 PM by nrigo

New coin specification (draft):

Premine: 12.5 Mil for the Coin2 swap.

100% PoW from block 1 to 99,999
Hybrid PoW + PoS from block 100,000 to block 599,999
PoW disabled at block 600,000
PoS + PoC from block 600,000

SegWit support: Yes
Privacy: Darksend, zero-knowledge proof or zk-SNARK

2 PoW algorithms ASIC resistant among these: Skeim, Groestl, Qubit, Cryptonight

PoW block time: 120 sec.
Block size: 4 or 8 MB
Confirmations: 3 or 5

Pow standard block reward: 4 coins from block 1 to block 399,999, 2 coins from block 400,000 to 599.999
Pow super block reward: 16 coins from block 1 to block 399,999, 8 coins from block 400,000 to 599.999

Standard blocks: 550,900
Super blocks: 49,098

Distribution of super blocks: specific blocks following a mathematical theorem. Probably a new concept Wink

Total reward: 2,497,742 coins

Total PoW coins: 12,500,000 +2,497,742 = 14,997,742

About PoS and PoC:
30 or 60 sec. block
APR: many levels of percentage to define

PoS flex:
A new feature temporary allowing a faster block time if more than X transactions are pending in the mem pool.

We could use an improved PoS version while implementing new security rules to maintain the consensus. I'm thinking about a limitation regarding the number of consecutive blocks a node would be allowed to mint. Such a limitation would enforce the node to wait for new blocks from the network before broadcasting a new block. It would also prevent a node to deliver all required confirmations and to impose its version of the blockchain to the entire network as well.

I thought about some new features to optimize coins minting. The first one is a gauge that would monitor the inputs and provide information regarding the minting health. The second one would replace the manual coin control plugin while running a specific agent. It would group many outputs into a single input regarding user settings to maintain a strong staking weight.

About Tx fees, charity, etc. :
I thought about 2 distinct settings for fees, the first one for standard transactions and the second one for micro-payments. Something like 0.01 for 1 coin or more and 0.0001 for less than 1 coin.

Standard Tx fees could be sent to 2 wallets regarding the block number: fee for pair blocks going to the foundation wallet and fee for impair blocks to the charity wallet.

I also thought about a higher fee of 100 coins applied to coins destroyed for MN and sent to the foundation wallet or shared 50/50 between the foundation and the charity address.

Fees for specific transactions could be destroyed in a verifiable way to limit the inflation. I'm thinking about fees per Kbytes if we are implementing DiguSign.

Multi purpose Coin: for sure!

Blockchain usage: some interesting proposals to study Smiley I would just add this: encryption and safe storage for ideas, scientific discoveries, inventions, etc.

Additional features:
Staking for charity: is not required if fees for charity are implemented and if the charity wallet is a Super Stacker
DigiShield: to study. Multi-pools are precious for little investors and they can contribute to the community growth
Segwit: OK

GB1989

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:07:47 AM

Thanks I appreciate that Smiley
You can send them here: CXyy44oTjprmyv3BbQ1hcMz9snEiJ6vPor
GB1989

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:21:49 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 05:27:34 AM by GB1989

New coin specification (draft):

Premine: 12.5 Mil for the Coin2 swap.

100% PoW from block 1 to 99,999
Hybrid PoW + PoS from block 100,000 to block 599,999
PoW disabled at block 600,000
PoS + PoC from block 600,000

SegWit support: Yes
Privacy: Darksend, zero-knowledge proof or zk-SNARK

2 PoW algorithms ASIC resistant among these: Skeim, Groestl, Qubit, Cryptonight

PoW block time: 120 sec.
Block size: 4 or 8 MB
Confirmations: 3 or 5

Pow standard block reward: 4 coins from block 1 to block 399,999, 2 coins from block 400,000 to 599.999
Pow super block reward: 16 coins from block 1 to block 399,999, 8 coins from block 400,000 to 599.999

Standard blocks: 550,900
Super blocks: 49,098

Distribution of super blocks: specific blocks following a mathematical theorem. Probably a new concept Wink

Total reward: 2,497,742 coins

Total PoW coins: 12,500,000 +2,497,742 = 14,997,742

About PoS and PoC:
30 or 60 sec. block
APR: many levels of percentage to define

PoS flex:
A new feature temporary allowing a faster block time if more than X transactions are pending in the mem pool.

We could use an improved PoS version while implementing new security rules to maintain the consensus. I'm thinking about a limitation regarding the number of consecutive blocks a node would be allowed to mint. Such a limitation would enforce the node to wait for new blocks from the network before broadcasting a new block. It would also prevent a node to deliver all required confirmations and to impose its version of the blockchain to the entire network as well.

I thought about some new features to optimize coins minting. The first one is a gauge that would monitor the inputs and provide information regarding the minting health. The second one would replace the manual coin control plugin while running a specific agent. It would group many outputs into a single input regarding user settings to maintain a strong staking weight.

About Tx fees, charity, etc. :
I thought about 2 distinct settings for fees, the first one for standard transactions and the second one for micro-payments. Something like 0.01 for 1 coin or more and 0.0001 for less than 1 coin.

Standard Tx fees could be sent to 2 wallets regarding the block number: fee for pair blocks going to the foundation wallet and fee for impair blocks to the charity wallet.

I also thought about a higher fee of 100 coins applied to coins destroyed for MN and sent to the foundation wallet or shared 50/50 between the foundation and the charity address.

Fees for specific transactions could be destroyed in a verifiable way to limit the inflation. I'm thinking about fees per Kbytes if we are implementing DiguSign.

Multi purpose Coin: for sure!

Blockchain usage: some interesting proposals to study Smiley I would just add this: encryption and safe storage for ideas, scientific discoveries, inventions, etc.

Additional features:
Staking for charity: is not required if fees for charity are implemented and if the charity wallet is a Super Stacker
DigiShield: to study. Multi-pools are precious for little investors and they can contribute to the community growth
Segwit: OK

The first draft is looking great, thank you for using some of the ideas I suggested! Smiley Happy I could help!
As for standard fee's... I think it all depends on the value of the coin. If we get a lot of interest and the value of the coin goes up to $100 then how does that 0.01 fee stack up against other coins? I think really we'd need to examine other coins to ensure the fee's are competitive to future proof such a scenario. Unless there's a way to tie fee's directly to marketcap somehow that I'm unaware of. Having different fee tiers like you suggested should be done, I think that's a great idea.

Also about Digishield from what I understand it just retargets block difficulty at real-time so to protect the integrity of the coin. Multipools would still be able to operate. I think once you read more on it you'll see why it would be useful. For more info see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Digibyte/comments/213t7b/what_is_digishield_how_it_works_to_retarget/
pagona

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 09:21:05 AM

on your way Wink

life is amazing
nrigo

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:32:32 AM

on your way Wink
Doubled!  Wink

SouldreamFR

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:16:20 AM

I read the Draft, and will check, will perhaps do some proposition as well :-)

About Digishield, Yes ... it do evaluation of next block DIFF dynamically to avoid to get farm to mine low DIFF block and left on Higher DIFF.

Question : About Swap , still 1:2 ratio for the swap ?

I think with all exchanges problems lately... better that 1 admin create a Destroy Wallet ... like this all users can send him his coin to make the swap .... really ...

I have some C2 , not big ... but valuable ! I check time to time the status :-)
nrigo

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:20:48 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2018, 01:38:44 PM by nrigo

I read the Draft, and will check, will perhaps do some proposition as well :-)

About Digishield, Yes ... it do evaluation of next block DIFF dynamically to avoid to get farm to mine low DIFF block and left on Higher DIFF.

Question : About Swap , still 1:2 ratio for the swap ?

I think with all exchanges problems lately... better that 1 admin create a Destroy Wallet ... like this all users can send him his coin to make the swap .... really ...

I have some C2 , not big ... but valuable ! I check time to time the status :-)
Thank you.  Smiley

We may consider Digishield as well.

The reverse split ratio will be 10:1 (=10 C2 for 1 new coin). The new coin supply will temporary fall to 12.5 Mil.

We will certainly request the swap to Cryptopia and we will manage a part manually for big wallets and late comers while sending old coins to a burn address.

thorRJ

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:30:01 PM

When the swap happens, where can I change my C2 to the new one? Do you have any exchange that will do that?

OI
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 »
  Print  

Jump to: