Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins  (Read 28764 times)
tosku (OP)

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 01:17:09 AM
Last edit: August 29, 2012, 08:04:07 AM by tosku

As you know, there are several sites that will pay you a small amount of bitcents every day. I try to check in on them every day, but I find it hard to keep track of which sites I've visited, and how long I will have to wait before I can come back. Therefore I have created a small service to keep track of this for me. And I've made it public, so you can use it too:

http://skude.se/BTC

Features:
  • A collection of links to all the sites that give out daily amounts
  • Timers to keep track of how long you will have to wait before you can make new requests, one for each site
  • Traffic light indicator rearranges and color-codes the links according to their availability
  • Address-saver with 1-click copy and address information
  • Automatic address entry for compatible sites*

* Automatic address entry is currently supported by Bitcrate, CoinAd and Daily Bitcoins.

If something isn't working, please report it here. I'd also like to know if there are any more sites that I haven't heard of that are giving out daily coins.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 04:44:24 AM

Awesome idea, got my free bit coins for the day Smiley Err... bit cents... they add up though Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 06:33:07 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 07:00:06 PM by tosku

I've added a feature. If you save an address in the address-saver, it will be automatically entered for you when you go to compatible sites. For now, it works with FiveMinuteCoin and CoinAd.

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:35:29 AM

Approved  Grin
TravisE

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:27:50 PM

Neat, I could have used something like this for some time. And I've just found out about more free bitcoin sites I didn't even know about. Thanks! Cool

What I'd like to see, though, is:

Allow a different address for each site (since this has been how I'd been doing it—makes it easier to track how much I get from each place). Unless I'm mistaken, it seems it only supports one address for everything.

Give each site an individual timer which can be manually reset if desired. I usually spend a few minutes (or even more) on each site trying to get a better prize, so having the timer start when I first go there, but before I claim a prize, would result in the timer reaching zero too soon. The problem gets worse since sites within a timing group seem to share the same timer, and I've spent time at each site in turn. By this time, the timer would be even further off for the earlier visited sites. If each site had its own timer that I could manually reset, I could just reset the timer for that site once I claim my prize, and each one will remain accurate.
tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 09:47:16 PM

I will be adding individual timers for every site as soon as I get the time. Individual addresses might come next. That requires quite some space in the top frame though. Any idea how they can all fit without being very very tiny?

Right now, you can manually reset any timer by clicking the corresponding link again. This will change after I've added individual timers. The option to manually reset timers will still be there, but it will have it's own button.

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 07:39:08 AM

I will be adding individual timers for every site as soon as I get the time. Individual addresses might come next. That requires quite some space in the top frame though. Any idea how they can all fit without being very very tiny?

Right now, you can manually reset any timer by clicking the corresponding link again. This will change after I've added individual timers. The option to manually reset timers will still be there, but it will have it's own button.

Use http://www.firstbits.com/ to short addresses.
CoinAd accepts FirstBits.
tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 10:04:41 AM

Individual timers have been implemented, along with a traffic light indicator system.

tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 02:31:42 PM

Automatic address entry is now working with CoinAd and FiveMinuteCoin. I screwed it up in the update.

TravisE

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 07:18:47 PM

Hmm, good question. Maybe you could have a small “edit” icon of some sort near each site that pops up the text box with the Save/Copy/Delete buttons, which would just apply to that site (you wouldn't really need to try to show them all at once, just one at a time). It'd still be a good idea to allow the user to easily select one address for all sites like it is now, but I'm trying to think of a way that wouldn't complicate the UI coding too much. Or instead of the icons, a drop-down list of sites, which may include an “all sites” option for Save and Delete (preferably with a confirmation dialog, since it would wipe out the existing addresses for all the sites at once). The address box would automatically update to reflect whatever site is currently selected in the dropdown list.

I'm just thinking of ideas off the top of my head. I'll post later if I happen to think of something that might be cleaner/easier/more elegant.

Recent changes look cool, by the way. Cool
MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2012, 12:52:48 AM

Site seems to be down?
tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 01:14:26 AM

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/skude.se

It's up.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 01:24:10 AM

You should have a link to "make this your new homepage" because I am doing just that  Smiley

tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 06:27:43 PM

You should have a link to "make this your new homepage" because I am doing just that  Smiley

Thanks! Automatic address entry is now working with Bitcrate.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 12:41:16 PM

Can you add something like a notification system? ( example: rss / email / twitter / google calendar / chrome ext ... )

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 12:48:59 PM

This beats mining btc  Cheesy

tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 02:15:08 PM

Can you add something like a notification system? ( example: rss / email / twitter / google calendar / chrome ext ... )

How about changing the title of the page to begin with "(X)", where X is the number of sites you currently have "available"? If you keep the page open in a tab, you will see that number popping up.

whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 08:40:50 PM

Love the auto address entry!

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
tosku (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 10:50:08 PM

Love the auto address entry!

Thank you!

I've added a skyscraper ad space. If you wish to advertise, go here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84535.0

Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
June 02, 2012, 07:27:35 PM

Great site.

I love how you are not ripping off the sites either, but just making them all more easily accesible!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: