Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:31:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes?  (Read 50971 times)
Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:32:07 AM

why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

This is true but they know this will not happen they have created fear and fear is what has controlled and ensured people have paid taxes for 100s of years.

It is not ok for the govt to do this but people have accepted for the easy life? i dunno but when they accepted that made it ok.

Question is will it ever change?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:56:26 AM

>But we are not against delegating our decision if it is by one's free will.
Welcome to representative democracy.  Grab a beer.

>A libertarian don't have to revolt to practice, just making business with his own rules while mitigating what force can get out of him.
No.  He must follow the rules of the state.  He may not believe in taxation, yet acting on those beliefs would make him a criminal.  That's unfortunate fact number one Sad  Unfortunate fact number two is this:  Our IRL state, unlike your libertarian Equestria, has mechanisms in place for enforcing its laws.  Like throwing his criminal butt in prison.  Which means that unless "his own rules" coincide perfectly with our rules, he's gunna have a bad time Sad

>So yes, if someone want to take a bad decision for himself, the libertarian will let him explore the reality by himself.
>The analogy of the child
>How can you defend that the bureaucrat knows better whether his citizen will get hurt if he acts on his free will ?
Pop quiz: Your next door neighbor, the other creepy Bitcoiner, invites your seven-year-old kid for a sleepover.  She, thrilled by the promised free candy and ice cream for breakfast, decides to take him up on it...   You, being a proponent of personal choice & right to make own mistakes, bid her a bon voyage & exchange a few pleasantries with your creepy neighbor.   Right?  You wouldn't say "Pumpkin, Daddy knows something you don't, it's not such a good idea"?
inb4 "not mature enough to make choice":  Duh.  Look at the securities sub of this forum and tell me your libertardian buddies are mature enough to go potty on their own.

>Such great argument, I am speechless indeed.
I felt expansive, and "hahahahaha!" seemed a bit too formal & dry.
B.A.S.

Activity: 420
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:13:01 AM

Reminds me of a convo I had with another member on here regarding the Apportionment Act of 1911. Check it out. Hasn't been revisited in a long time... I wonder why....
Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 661

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:33:34 AM

>But we are not against delegating our decision if it is by one's free will.
This is why I precised "by one free will" and not "society free will". Society not being an individual can certainly not having a free will on its own.

That's unfortunate fact number one Sad  Unfortunate fact number two is this:  Our IRL state, unlike your libertarian Equestria, has mechanisms in place for enforcing its laws.  Like throwing his criminal butt in prison.  Which means that unless "his own rules" coincide perfectly with our rules, he's gunna have a bad time
You misunderstood me, I never said the libertarians would break the law. (some would)
What I said is that knowing that our priority is to protect our wealth and increase individual freedom, we can get very creative for not paying the bills of the state legally.

Example : If you don't want to be controlled by the ECB, you can buy some USD.
If you don't want to be controled by the FED, you buy some commodities or invest in art.
If you spread your wealth, it becomes hard to take out all of your wealth.

Same thing with business. I am paying taxes personnally, as a France citizen. But officially speaking, my net wealth is near zero so I don't pay tax, and can even get subsidies for being poor.
My business can also ask his part of subsidies that they distribute for "stimulating research".
You can also spread the business accross multiple countries, get customer accross the globe. Which is easy for my sector. (development)
Sure your companies still pay taxes, but diminished (progressive tax), and subsidy opportunities are multiplied.

The net result is that their decisions can't take out wealth, and you get their subsidies.
This is not a fantasy, but what is happening. And the norm for bigger companies.
They have no choice though, because we are the one making stuff and giving job at the end of the day.
Tax me here and I will go there.

People who pays are the middle class, wage workers, not the libertarians, but they will become libertarian when sufficient economics pressure will shape their beliefs.

You wouldn't say "Pumpkin, Daddy knows something you don't, it's not such a good idea"?
inb4 "not mature enough to make choice
Are you saying meaning that the general population is not mature enough for making their own choices ? Glad we get wise bureaucrats for saving us.

Look at the securities sub of this forum and tell me your libertardian buddies are mature enough to go potty on their own
Never been there, but let them loose in peace, no one has to defend their loss, nor taking their gains.

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:55:32 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 02:20:31 PM by Erdogan

It is generally to serve the masses. You may not get the full use of your money but others do, Is this fair? Maybe not but it helps your country you live in. It reminds me of a story of a farmer who's whole property got destroyed, when people came they gave him money for it all and he said he did not want to take charity they replied have you been paying your taxes all your life? If so this money is already yours, you've been paying for it all your life.

That was nice of the people. Did they have access to the tax paid? Think of how nice they could afford to be if they had access to all the value they had produced. And think of how much more likely the action would have been. And think of the possibility of insurance, whereby the people in advance voluntarily promised each other help. Peace of mind.

Silverspoon

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 01:00:07 PM

Look at the securities sub of this forum and tell me your libertardian buddies are mature enough to go potty on their own
Never been there, but let them loose in peace, no one has to defend their loss, nor taking their gains.

You should check it out brah, a libertarian laissez-faire paradise, already in progress.  Don't miss out on the hilarity & make monyz selling off-brand Kleenex & butthole salves (which, of course you'll never deliver, this being Bitcoin & all). 
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:05:28 PM

why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

But then we wouldn't be able to look forward to our Income tax returns Grin

mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1000

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 03:06:34 PM

teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:55:02 PM

inb4 "not mature enough to make choice":  Duh.  Look at the securities sub of this forum and tell me your libertardian buddies are mature enough to go potty on their own.

The cornerstone in any defense of authoritarian thinking is that a relatively wise person has a natural right to make decisions unilaterally on behalf of the fools about him.

The key problem with this line of reasoning is that wisdom and foolishness are ultimately decided subjectively.  It is very possible to have two humans, each assessing themselves to be wiser (or as you say "more mature") than the other.

Only a fool can believe himself to be sufficiently wise that he may rightly make decisions for others.

None that believe in ruling are fit to rule.
Silverspoon

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:20:08 PM

The cornerstone in any defense of authoritarian thinking is that a relatively wise person has a natural right to make decisions unilaterally on behalf of the fools about him.

Pop quiz: Your next door neighbor, the other creepy Bitcoiner, invites your seven-year-old kid for a sleepover.  She, thrilled by the promised free candy and ice cream for breakfast, decides to take him up on it...   You, being a proponent of personal choice & right to make own mistakes, bid her a bon voyage & exchange a few pleasantries with your creepy neighbor.   Right?  You wouldn't say "Pumpkin, Daddy knows something you don't, it's not such a good idea"?...

So...  TL;DR: "Have fun, Pumpkin"?
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:34:43 AM

I think I also like paying taxes because I also use the governments privates places but here in bitcoin I don't think it should use a taxes because government don't accept it yet so, maybe other people also like me.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:47:09 AM

If you want to be protected by someone you force pahir to pay taxes to get those benefits. If you pay taxes you will have a lot of interests and will be protected by law so we should pay taxes.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:33:31 AM

People agree to pay taxes because the direct benefit of paying taxes for everyone is that they are used to pay for services that governments provide to communities.  In a modern society a government needs administrators and clerks, police forces, emergency forces such as firefighters, engineers and maintenance workers for streets and buildings, politicians, and to pay for property used and goods consumed by the government services.
Yes i agree on that because taxes is really helpful it will be spend back through victoms of calamity  and taxes also used for different kinds of helping project and it is really compulsory to the people behind tjee government  it is  really the  law we really need to pay taxes for good.I believe that if  the  taxes  will not being corupted by some politicians maybe there will be a good effect in return to the economy.
ningrum

Activity: 1610
Merit: 103

The OGz Club

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:49:53 AM

If you want to be protected by someone you force pahir to pay taxes to get those benefits. If you pay taxes you will have a lot of interests and will be protected by law so we should pay taxes.
tax here is not like that, if indeed we pay taxes can be protected by the government then we do not trouble the authorities.
if the tax is fixed it does not matter, because the tax is our gift to the government and will be channeled by a capable person. so we are misunderstood with the imposition of tax.

The OGz Club     [ [ [ [ [   The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project   ] ] ] ] ]
Website     ◢ Reddit     ◢ Telegram     ◢ Twitter     ◢ TikTok     ◢ Facebook
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
turagsoy123456

Activity: 280

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:02:37 AM

Because it is a mandatory to the government.  all people have compulsory to give thier taxes to the government. What they have recieve its either the profits of thier investment  the salary, or buying foods, clothing,gasoline,and anything have contribute or pay taxes.and if we refuse to pay our taxes then the government will give a summoned for an investigation. That is the main reason why people agree to pay taxes to the government.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:08:18 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 11:22:41 AM by TERA2

You are living on land where you benefit from public services such as military protection, bomb shields, police, prisons, fire department, roads, illumination, city planning and maintenance, emergency medical services, weather services, disaster relief, schools, space exploration, welfare, research scientists and intelligence agencies that create things like bitcoin, and more.

You probably take most of such for granted and would not survive very long without it. However if you feel you are up for it, you would need to move off the land in order for it to be fair for you to not pay for it.

60659 📦
Cootie

Activity: 292
Merit: 102

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:14:55 AM

Maybe because they felt that the money they pay for taxes is being paid back to them in terms of services and different projects that make their life more comfortable. Maybe they appreciate what their government do for them. But of course, this idea isn't applicable in other type of community because most of the government of different countries suffer from corruption.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:41:13 AM

In my own opinion people agree to pay taxes,to prevent comotion or something cruel to different party,thats why they allow the people calling themselves the goverment,to buy there services or pay them taxes for  replacement of there protection of your bussiness,thats why some people called them hooker.paying taxes to the goverment is good,to legalize all the system but in using this taxes as a part of personal interest in one person who worked in the government maybe we  called this abusing there authority,or plunder.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:46:53 AM

Taxes are our twins since we were born in this world. Its already marked in our hands that we must pay taxes. The government collects taxes for the improvement of our country. But most of the people in the government put that tax in "good hands". Government is tax and tax is for the government.
gigilsoup

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:51:10 AM

As if we have a choice not to pay tax. The government needs the money that they get from us taxpayers to create infrastuctures for economic growth and to provide social services to its citizens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: