Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is satanic and Satoshi is lucifer! My uncle claims!  (Read 10055 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:29:06 PM

I've heard all the theories possible on this. Namely, Satoshi is the NSA, Satoshi is the Rothchilds+Rockefellers, Satoshi is Obama, Satoshi is Lucifer, Satoshi is Dorian Nakomoto... there is nothing new to say, what the hell is next?

Its a ocean of possibilities..please contribute some for satoshistories

http://www.reddit.com/r/satoshistories
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:36:27 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 05:18:15 PM by BitChick

@OP.

My husband and I are very devout Christians.  My husband is even a Biblical scholar.  He enjoys reading the Bible in Greek just to make sure he is understanding it correctly.  I met him at a Christian college.  I am even going on a mission trip to India in a few weeks to work with an organization called Harvest India.  I am also well known on this forum as being a very vocal Christian. All that said, I am very for Bitcoin.

Sure there are people involved that are not Christian.  We are "in the world not of the world" right?  And yes, I think that Bitcoin could certainly be the "one world currency" that is talked about in the Bible (all the more proof of it's success).  However, in scripture it is not the "one world currency" that is evil.  It is the control of the people by putting a mark on hands to buy and sell by the antichrist, whoever that ends up being (perhaps Satoshi if at some point he comes out of hiding to "save" the world from fianacial ruin?) that is the problem.  I believe it is incredibly important that Christians purchase as much Bitcoin as they possibly can.  Bitcoin is not owned by any government and it is peer-to-peer and it just might give Christians the flexibility needed to make choices when the day comes that we are being told we have to have a mark to buy and sell.  Having some coins that are not within reach of governments might be the only thing we can access before being put to death or in jail.  Just something to think about.

It kind of reminds me of how so many Christians were against movies when Hollywood started out.  If anything, it would have so much better if Christians had just embraced movies and came out with more wholesome movies at that point.  Instead they feared it and because of that the industry has now swayed generations of people in less wholesome directions.  

We need to be "cunning as serpents and innocent as doves."  Using Bitcoin for God's purpose is where my heart is at and I would encourage your uncle to at least pray about it more seriously and read him my comments as well.

Edit:  As for your uncle's concern of Bitcoin's early adopters having some deep rooted connections with transhumanism and having extroprian roots, this just seems to be the pride that comes with most people I encounter that are drunk in their own intelligence and is just typical of the scientific community today.  I had a biology teacher that had me read Adolf Huxley's Brave New World in high school. (this was 20 years ago)  I read the book and thought it was completely ridiculous and a fantasy at best.  I was shocked to learn that he seriously believed that it was a brilliant look into what the future should be, but it was a cold and loveless world in my eyes.  This was my first insight into how the "intelligent" minds perceive things.  Now I see people that think they know more than God.  They don't need God and they even want to find a way to "outsmart" God if that was even possible (but of course they don't even believe God exists anyways.)  So the cryogenics and transhumanism is just an extension of this sort of thought.  Perhaps they are the early Bitcoin developers because they are highly intelligent?  The more intelligent minds are drawn to these sorts of things?  I am not entirely sure.  It doesn't mean that Bitcoin isn't brilliant though and a intelligently designed work (designed by those whom God gave the intelligence to begin with Wink )  

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:55:39 PM

@OP.

My husband and I are very devout Christians.  My husband is even a biblical scholar.  He enjoys reading the bible in Greek just to make sure he is understanding it correctly.  I met him at a Christian college.  I am even going on a mission trip to India in a few weeks to work with an organization called Harvest India.  I am also well known on this forum as being a very vocal Christian. All that said, I am very for Bitcoin.

Sure there are people involved that are not Christian.  We are "in the world not of the world" right?  And yes, I think that Bitcoin could certainly be the "one world currency" that is talked about in the Bible (all the more proof of it's success).  However, in scripture it is not the "one world currency" that is evil.  It is the control of the people by putting a mark on hands to buy and sell by the antichrist, whoever that ends up being (perhaps Satoshi if at some point he comes out of hiding to "save" the world from fianacial ruin?) that is the problem.  I believe it is incredibly important that Christians purchase as much Bitcoin as they possibly can.  Bitcoin is not owned by any government and it is peer-to-peer and it just might give Christians the flexibility needed to make choices when the day comes that we are being told we have to have a mark to buy and sell.  Having some coins that are not within reach of governments might be the only thing we can access before being put to death or in jail.  Just something to think about.

It kind of reminds me of how so many Christians were against movies when Hollywood started out.  If anything, it would have so much better if Christians had just embraced movies and came out with more wholesome movies at that point.  Instead they feared it and because of that the industry has now swayed generations of people in less wholesome directions.  

We need to be "cunning as serpents and innocent as doves."  Using Bitcoin for God's purpose is where my heart is at and I would encourage your uncle to at least pray about it more seriously and read him my comments as well.

Surely, I will make him read your much passionate reply
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:06:19 PM

@OP.

My husband and I are very devout Christians.  My husband is even a biblical scholar.  He enjoys reading the bible in Greek just to make sure he is understanding it correctly.  I met him at a Christian college.  I am even going on a mission trip to India in a few weeks to work with an organization called Harvest India.  I am also well known on this forum as being a very vocal Christian. All that said, I am very for Bitcoin.

Surely, I will make him read your much passionate reply

Thanks. I added an edit to share my viewpoint of the transhumanism and extroprian roots of BTC too.  

Trance

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:18:16 PM

g

I want to tell you guys before you read this,  I belong to an Hindu family but I am not a very religious person and I believe in science and tech more than anything!

But I could not sleep yesterday guys..this is why

My uncle(dad's friend) came home after a long time, He is a doctor, knows little about tech and he is a converted christian( from hinduism), he is now deep into theology. I decided I should tell him about bitcoin and convince him to make him buy  bitcoin!

We watched  Rise and rise of bitcoin, about the price history charts and all good side of information out there regarding bitcoin. He was so excited to listen and asked a lot of questions and I answered them all( felt like Andreas Antop for a moment). At last he asked who invented bitcoin? I said about Satoshi and all the mystery behind them! I could see his face turn deeply skeptical! He then left to sleep!

The next day he came to me and asked me to say  about the early creators of bitcoin, I told him about Hal finney, the sad death and cryo preservation! He said to find me if there is a political moment or an ideology that unites all those very early adopters( finney, Nick szabo, etc) and the least i could come with is Extropianism and hence we began taking a lot about transhumanism, singularity and so on for a lot of time.

The Extropian Roots of Bitcoin

the next day(yesterday) he just came to me and said "In my life I wont ever touch this bitcoin, it is just satan's tool to create a one world currency for the one world government. Satoshi is just satan mark my words he will never be revealed or even if revealed it will be a proxy becuase this is the way satan works! from behind". He said you will become a millionaire or even billionaire if you hold on even a few bitcoins, because it is sure to take over the world.

He advised me to search the internet for the relevance of this extropianism and satanism and you will find the truth!

Now the more I search the more it gets scary, I am harcore pro transhumanism and pro singularity but am shocked to find that the theological world has this opposing view towards extrpianism, bitcoin, singularity and transhumanism!

Transhumanism and the Singularity: Elite Obsession with the Übermensch

The Singularity: Science’s Quest For Immortality And Satan’s Deception

THE POLITICS OF TRANSHUMANISM AND THE
TECHNO-MILLENNIAL IMAGINATION, 1626–2030

Its a dilema, a big one! Shall we taste the fruit? shall we take the blu pill

Drugs are bad! ....mmkayyy!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 07:25:14 PM

Only Erlik can judge me! Grin

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:31:32 PM

@OP.

My husband and I are very devout Christians.  My husband is even a Biblical scholar.  He enjoys reading the Bible in Greek just to make sure he is understanding it correctly.  I met him at a Christian college.  I am even going on a mission trip to India in a few weeks to work with an organization called Harvest India.  I am also well known on this forum as being a very vocal Christian. All that said, I am very for Bitcoin.

Edit:  As for your uncle's concern of Bitcoin's early adopters having some deep rooted connections with transhumanism and having extroprian roots, this just seems to be the pride that comes with most people I encounter that are drunk in their own intelligence and is just typical of the scientific community today.  I had a biology teacher that had me read Adolf Huxley's Brave New World in high school. (this was 20 years ago)  I read the book and thought it was completely ridiculous and a fantasy at best.  I was shocked to learn that he seriously believed that it was a brilliant look into what the future should be, but it was a cold and loveless world in my eyes.  This was my first insight into how the "intelligent" minds perceive things.  Now I see people that think they know more than God.  They don't need God and they even want to find a way to "outsmart" God if that was even possible (but of course they don't even believe God exists anyways.)  So the cryogenics and transhumanism is just an extension of this sort of thought.  Perhaps they are the early Bitcoin developers because they are highly intelligent?  The more intelligent minds are drawn to these sorts of things?  I am not entirely sure.  It doesn't mean that Bitcoin isn't brilliant though and a intelligently designed work (designed by those whom God gave the intelligence to begin with Wink )  

That's quite a fascinating discourse. You're obviously an American. Just out of curiosity, do you believe Angels are real?

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:36:57 PM

@OP.

That's quite a fascinating discourse. You're obviously an American. Just out of curiosity, do you believe Angels are real?

Yes, of course. Lucifer being the most famous (or should I say infamous) of them all. Do you?  Wink

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:07:25 PM

@OP.

Yes, of course. Lucifer being the most famous (or should I say infamous) of them all. Do you?  Wink

No, I was just trying to verify survey results I read somewhere. Thanks.

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

@OP.

I find it fascinating that you commented that Christians shouldn't have dismissed movies when they came out, and should not dismiss Bitcoin now - but then you imply cryonics and transhumanism are incompatible with Christianity.  If cryonics should prove successful, then it is nothing more than reviving someone from an extremely long-term and extremely unusual coma (that is mistakenly classified as legal death), and it has no more theological implications than reviving someone from a coma.  We have instances now in the medical history where a person has gone into hypothermia and entered a state that would legally or clinically be called "death" but the person has recovered and been fine.  To my knowledge these instances do not pose any theological problem for Christians, and the desire of a medical practitioner to rescue a person in such a state is not considered a problem by Christians and is not considered to be "outsmarting God" - doctors attempting these revival efforts might very well be Christian.  Cryonics is a much more destructive injury but at this point in time I don't think it's possible to rule out the possibility that medical science might one day create a cure for this injury and make revival possible.

Looking through pages on the Alcor Life Extension Foundation site you'll find that there have been a number of Christians involved in cryonics.  As you are urging Christians to purchase Bitcoin, you might also consider the possibility that if cryonics works it gives Christians many more years to engage in evangelistic work.  Some might consider it the same as a doctor treating and reviving a missionary who was thought to be fatally ill or wounded but who instead makes a complete recovery.

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:25:23 PM

@OP.

I find it fascinating that you commented that Christians shouldn't have dismissed movies when they came out, and should not dismiss Bitcoin now - but then you imply cryonics and transhumanism are incompatible with Christianity.  If cryonics should prove successful, then it is nothing more than reviving someone from an extremely long-term and extremely unusual coma (that is mistakenly classified as legal death), and it has no more theological implications than reviving someone from a coma.  We have instances now in the medical history where a person has gone into hypothermia and entered a state that would legally or clinically be called "death" but the person has recovered and been fine.  To my knowledge these instances do not pose any theological problem for Christians, and the desire of a medical practitioner to rescue a person in such a state is not considered a problem by Christians and is not considered to be "outsmarting God" - doctors attempting these revival efforts might very well be Christian.  Cryonics is a much more destructive injury but at this point in time I don't think it's possible to rule out the possibility that medical science might one day create a cure for this injury and make revival possible.

Looking through pages on the Alcor Life Extension Foundation site you'll find that there have been a number of Christians involved in cryonics.  As you are urging Christians to purchase Bitcoin, you might also consider the possibility that if cryonics works it gives Christians many more years to engage in evangelistic work.  Some might consider it the same as a doctor treating and reviving a missionary who was thought to be fatally ill or wounded but who instead makes a complete recovery.

I suppose cryogenics are only a problem depending on what the motive is.  I can understand the curiosity and desire to study this and there could definitely be some medical benefits to consider.  But I think the goal for many is to find a way to "eternal life" on our own strength and that is the main conflict with Christianity.

commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:33:50 PM

^^Point. I figure things like Bitcoin and cyrogenics are just inanimate technologies that can be used for either good or evil. It's like saving the life of a young child who could go one of two ways. He could become either the next Hitler or the next Gandhi. If you knew which, would you still save him from being run over by a car when he's six years old?
Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 08:42:47 PM

I suppose cryogenics are only a problem depending on what the motive is.  I can understand the curiosity and desire to study this and there could definitely be some medical benefits to consider.  But I think the goal for many is to find a way to "eternal life" on our own strength and that is the main conflict with Christianity.

The same could be said about how people live their life in general.  Since I don't believe in psychic powers I don't think we can really read a person's motivation unless they tell us what it is (and even then they could be lying - a seemingly devout Christian might have terrible undisclosed private motivations and sin).  Typically nobody probes into the motives of a doctor trying to rescue a patient nor accuses him of trying to achieve a goal forbidden by God, at least not in this day and age.  And typically I think Christians would encourage everyone to have compassion for the sick person who wants to live longer rather than encouraging him to question and second-guess his motives.

Even when a non-Christian doctor saves a non-Christian patient the average Christian doesn't speak out against the act of saving the life - even if both doctor and patient absolutely do want to live a life in conflict with Christianity.

I personally think that one day cryonics will be viewed by Christians just like any other life-saving technology.  Sure it can be used for good or evil, but why should evil be automatically be presumed?  It's not inherent in the technology.

By the way, it's "cryonics," not "cryogenics."  Most scientists who practice cryobiology don't actually want to be associated with cryonicists. Smiley

Walter Rothbard

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 08:46:03 PM

Quote from: Wikipedia
Cryonicists justify preservation under such conditions by noting recent advances that allow brain resuscitation after longer periods of ischemia than the traditional 4-to-6-minute limit, and persistence of brain structure and even some brain cell function after long periods of clinical death.[34][35] They argue that definitions of death change as technology advances, and the early stages of what is called “death” today is actually a form of ischemic injury that will be reversible in the future

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryonics#Ischemic_injury

No religious statements in that paragraph.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:49:40 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 01:33:29 AM by the joint

I think your uncle is Satan.

why you don't want me to sleep the night peacefully?

Lmfao.

Sorry, mods, this just deserves an 'Lmfao,' and that's all.

Edit:  And sorry, SilverWallets Sad
cuddaloreappu (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:28:57 AM

the funny part is all those dedicated research and science behind cryonics could be easily dismissed by religious people as

" Resurrection from the dead"
cryptoCminer

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:31:49 AM

Consiperetard
Satan666

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

The love of fiat is the root of all good

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:46:31 AM

Kobayashi aka Satoshi is a friend of Keyser Soze aka Satan.

The greatest trick The Church ever pulled was to convince the world The Devil was the bad guy.

Amen, brother!
Satan666

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

The love of fiat is the root of all good

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:59:41 AM

@OP.

No, I was just trying to verify survey results I read somewhere. Thanks.

Hmmm....ever used a Ouija board?
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 09:41:18 AM

he is a converted christian( from hinduism),
Yeah, he sounds like he's definitely on to something.
[/quote]
You made me laugh so much! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: