Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:42:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opting out of Social Security  (Read 7304 times)
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:39:20 PM

...snip...

You only said "entitled" to which I said "of course not". If you had said "legally entitled", I would have said what I said 3 quotes up. I know, you're confused.

So you are skipping contributions now.  And then you change your mind at age 70 and get payments out of the system.

Congratulations!  You have found a way to rip off people who work and pay their dues all their lives.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:25:36 PM

...snip...

You only said "entitled" to which I said "of course not". If you had said "legally entitled", I would have said what I said 3 quotes up. I know, you're confused.

So you are skipping contributions now.  And then you change your mind at age 70 and get payments out of the system.

Congratulations!  You have found a way to rip off people who work and pay their dues all their lives.  

fail

I'm grumpy!!
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:29:36 PM

...snip...

fail

No! You win.  You are not contributing and then you can claim.  What a clever guy you are!
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:40:13 PM

Because this anonymous "source" is absolute fact, right... do you also use Wikipedia as you prepare to file court briefs in pro per?

http://www.ask.com/answers/62035321/do-i-qualify-for-social-security-benefits-as-a-paroled-ex-felon

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:42:58 PM

If you have a source that says our beloved cryptoanarchist can't claim social security at 70, great.  If not, what are you trying to say here?
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:46:39 PM

If you have a source that says our beloved cryptoanarchist can't claim social security at 70, great.  If not, what are you trying to say here?

That you act like the internets are a perfect substitute for paid, or even pro-bono legal counsel... LOL ridiculous.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:53:00 PM

That you act like the internets are a perfect substitute for paid, or even pro-bono legal counsel... LOL ridiculous.

But you have no doubt that he is entitled to claim social security benefits after years of avoiding contributions.  That is not LOL ridiculous at all is it. 

Complaining that the source is not your standard but that data is correct is a stupid point.  Try to make an intelligent point. 
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 11:55:26 PM

YOU make the extraordinary claims, so it's up to YOU to provide at the very least ordinary, not random internet BS, proof. Show us a US Supreme Court ruling, an appellate court ruling, sworn congressional testimony that was recorded or transcribed by CSPAN or another official source, ANYTHING on any government website, or fall on your sword of BS, NOT TRUTH.

I have every doubt of what YOU claim is reality, since you seem to do nothing but substitute your own. Just because someone doubts your bloody fantasies and bullshit "proof" does not mean they are certain of, or are arguing, a fucking thing, other than that you are full of unsubstantiated BS.

unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 11:57:13 PM

I get a lot of income from overseas, and as much I think I should be allowed to Opt-Out of Social Security and receive a return of all I have paid in, even if it's a rollover to a Roth IRA of my choice. It's my cash and I hate it that the Government gets to force me to invest in Social Security, I should have the choice.

Sign this petition, let's see if it works:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/allow-citizens-opt-out-social-security-taxes-and-return-them-all-money-paid-upon-opt-out/KLcN0850

Link doesn't work. It gets redirected to https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-citizens-opt-out-social-security-taxes-and-return-them-all-money-paid-upon-opt-out/KLcN0850

and displays the following

Thanks for your interest in We the People, a new tool on WhiteHouse.gov that allows all Americans to ask the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country.

The petition you are trying to access has expired, because it failed to meet the signature threshold.

While you can't sign this petition, there may be other petitions on We the People on a similar issue that you'd like to add your name to. Or, you can create your own petition.

Create a petition

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 11:59:32 PM

Thanks for your interest in We the People, a new tool on WhiteHouse.gov that allows all Americans to ask the Obama Administration to take action on a range of important issues facing our country.

The petition you are trying to access has expired, because it failed to meet the signature threshold.

Not that they would have listened, anyway, or Marijuana would be legal by now.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: