Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:56:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103260 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:31:16 AM

Scamichyst: banned for assaulting the community with your opinions. Try coming alongside us next time - with a new account though.

For the record, the Foundation (as a general entity) is not invested in BLOCK as it only holds ITO funds at present.

However its members are free to hold BLOCK personally, and as far as I know, we all do.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
g0re79

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 10:49:25 AM

For the record, the Foundation (as a general entity) is not invested in BLOCK as it only holds ITO funds at present.

Why?! It does not make a sense and sounds more like "foundation" keeps away from BLOCK. If I were convinced that MY product have a future, I would definitelly hold it. Setting buy walls for 119 BTC (everything above minimal ICO target) would have several benefits:

1) You will show inverstors that You really believe in BlockNet
2) You will in the end (when You deliver everithing You promised) have much more funds
3) Price will be stabilized, at least for a while
4) Name it...

There are only two options - You are either blind to not see this simple logic, or BlockNet is a scam.

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 11:00:15 AM

Why?! It does not make a sense and sounds more like "foundation" keeps away from BLOCK. If I were convinced that MY product have a future, I would definitelly hold it. Setting buy walls for 119 BTC (everything above minimal ICO target) would have several benefits:

2) You will in the end (when You deliver everithing You promised) have much more funds
4) Name it...

There are only two options - You are either blind to not see this simple logic, or BlockNet is a scam.

You come across as if you've forgotten my (numerous) expressions of interest in the Foundation to (a) owning BLOCK and (b) using a buy wall.

You also come across as if you're unaware that the Foundation has not even been formalised yet. Give us time to put everything together. Only then would it be appropriate to form the judgements you've formed above.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
g0re79

Activity: 476

I´ve got a picture! Haha!

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 11:11:20 AM

4) Name it...

You come across as if you've forgotten my (numerous) expressions of interest in the Foundation to (a) owning BLOCK and (b) using a buy wall.

You also come across as if you're unaware that the Foundation has not even been formalised yet. Give us time to put everything together. Only then would it be appropriate to form the judgements you've formed above.

Quite confusing...

Don´t deal with crappy shitcoins and stop wasting electricity
Support real science instead
[/url]
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 11:18:29 AM

Quite confusing...

In my opinion it's only confusing to those who would wilfully confuse matters.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 11:29:58 AM

yes there is nothing confusing
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:17:07 PM

Very confusing
devachelekar

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:01:33 PM

Being invested in this coin makes me like floating where there is no air nor surface.....at least for now! It is no less or more than Gamble....

WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:07:51 PM

Being invested in this coin makes me like floating where there is no air nor surface.....at least for now! It is no less or more than Gamble....

Just like bitcoin :=) Welcome home!

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
devachelekar

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:10:51 PM

Scamichyst: banned for assaulting the community with your opinions. Try coming alongside us next time - with a new account though.

However its members are free to hold BLOCK personally, and as far as I know, we all do.

Semantically..........

There is no foundation yet..........so no question of foundation's investment...right?

But the 'would be' members of foundation has already owned BLOCKS....right?

And when foundation is formalized... foundation may own BLOCKS....right?

ooooHHHHH    it took too much time to get it... it should have been simplified....no matter.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:24:39 PM

Semantically..........

There is no foundation yet..........so no question of foundation's investment...right?

But the 'would be' members of foundation has already owned BLOCKS....right?

And when foundation is formalized... foundation may own BLOCKS....right?

ooooHHHHH    it took too much time to get it... it should have been simplified....no matter.

The Foundation (which is not formalised at present) only holds ITO funds - in escrow, at a BitGo multisig address.

When it is formalised, it will still only hold ITO funds.

Soon after being formalised, it may further seek to hold BLOCK.

If it holds BLOCK, these funds will be distinct from the BLOCK that Foundation members already hold. BLOCK held by individuals is categorically different to BLOCK held by the Foundation, which would be held collectively (i.e. in a multisig address).

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
moonchaser

Activity: 442

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:53:11 PM

Certainly most of the hate posters on this thread don't own any block, and probably they are struggling to make their first BTC with the wankcoin or something similar. What's the purpose to hang on a thread that has noting to do with your investments(if any) ?
Most of the tricky questions are coming from guys trying to make a buck from buying and selling block.
Actually block had been sold out. There is no need for new investors...really.
For each sold block there is a buyer. I'll be worried if within months from now, there will not be any improvement regarding the evolution of the Blocknet. Until then buy, sale, do what you wish, but stop whining like little babies.
Really, I don't see why you guys are answering any questions at all to these jokers, unless they are technical or managerial problems.
Block is a ongoing project. Just give some space to these guys do their job!

MinePi Mobile Mining Invitation Code               Publish0x               SteemIt               Youtube
delulo

Activity: 441

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:09:09 PM

Is the dev team behind this project publically known (with their real world ids)?

Is there a whitepaper or some other more specific documentation about the technology that is part of this?

Dan Metcalf and I have made our identities public.

There's no whitepaper, but there is Dan's (and XC's) reputation of delivering the goods, on schedule, since its inception.

How is the XC project related to this one?

And what base technology / code you want to use? Do you fork some other project or will it be entirely new code? If it is new code what security algo do you use (pow, pos) how does it differ from others?

The Blocknet will be largely new code, since it's for a rather different purpose to what XC is for.

However at present the plan is to adapt XC's Xnode protocol (end-to-end encrypted P2P protocol) for the XBridge. It'll be used in conjunction with Telehash in a hybrid DHT-mesh architecture - and it will be completely serverless.

The interim wallet is PoS. I'm currently unaware of how often the final tech will actually need its own blockchain, since the idea is to network nodes of different blockchains together. These chains are a resource and it makes no sense to either duplicate them in the Blocknet's own chain, or to use a new chain when the old ones may suffice. However if it needs its own chain for anything, it'll almost certainly be a PoS chain.

Thanks for your answer so far.
You have used a lot of terms that are unknown to me: Xnode protocol, XBridge, Telehash, hybrid DHT-mesh architecture,  interim wallet.
If I would want to invest I would need two things:
1) A document that explains
a) what specific / consumer oriented end-product you want to achieve
b) how you want to achieve it technically: Explained as detailed but at the same time as easily as possible (NO hiding behind fancy words)
2) A presentation of the whole team where all relevant team members are publically known.

Do you have such documents yet? Have the marketing material / and marketing terms been prepared before the technology / concept has been prepared?
Levole11

Activity: 566

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:24:24 PM

I told you weeks ago how this is going to sub ICO almost right after launch and all I heard was "stop fudding, go away"  Smiley

stop fudding, go away
friendfromnobody

Activity: 593

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:33:02 PM

wrong picture ,
this is the good one

4theLOVEofCrypto

Activity: 387

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 03:15:26 PM

I told you weeks ago how this is going to sub ICO almost right after launch and all I heard was "stop fudding, go away"  Smiley

stop fudding, go away

haha....exactly how I thought about responding to this Smiley
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:46:26 PM

Hello all,

just wanted to provide an update, due to the amount of noise from the trolls creating FUD to lower the market price, its hard to communicate directly with real blocknet enthusiasts.

As I stated, we will have a test/prototype p2p daemon by the end of the month, if not sooner and with that a clear roadmap and other details regarding this project.

While things may seem to be in a lull currently, it is just part of the process of putting everything in order

I'm available via PM for any questions as its hard to keep up w/ all the noise from trolls.

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 03:54:08 PM

Is the dev team behind this project publically known (with their real world ids)?

Is there a whitepaper or some other more specific documentation about the technology that is part of this?

Dan Metcalf and I have made our identities public.

There's no whitepaper, but there is Dan's (and XC's) reputation of delivering the goods, on schedule, since its inception.

How is the XC project related to this one?

And what base technology / code you want to use? Do you fork some other project or will it be entirely new code? If it is new code what security algo do you use (pow, pos) how does it differ from others?

The Blocknet will be largely new code, since it's for a rather different purpose to what XC is for.

However at present the plan is to adapt XC's Xnode protocol (end-to-end encrypted P2P protocol) for the XBridge. It'll be used in conjunction with Telehash in a hybrid DHT-mesh architecture - and it will be completely serverless.

The interim wallet is PoS. I'm currently unaware of how often the final tech will actually need its own blockchain, since the idea is to network nodes of different blockchains together. These chains are a resource and it makes no sense to either duplicate them in the Blocknet's own chain, or to use a new chain when the old ones may suffice. However if it needs its own chain for anything, it'll almost certainly be a PoS chain.

You have used a lot of terms that are unknown to me: Xnode protocol, XBridge, Telehash, hybrid DHT-mesh architecture,  interim wallet.
a) what specific / consumer oriented end-product you want to achieve  -
b) how you want to achieve it technically: Explained as detailed but at the same time as easily as possible (NO hiding behind fancy words)
2) A presentation of the whole team where all relevant team members are publically known.

Do you have such documents yet? Have the marketing material / and marketing terms been prepared before the technology / concept has been prepared?

Do we have a specific document answer those questions at this time? NO, we do not, however blocknet's team is formed and being finalized now, and the market we are going after is monetized nodes via a decentralized application platform, using a P2P network based off of DHT

All of this is being finalized now and the information you requested will be released once it is 100% finalized

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 04:42:19 PM

You have used a lot of terms that are unknown to me:
Xnode protocol

- The protocol that XCurrency nodes use to communicate. It's end-to-end encrypted and completely serverless.

XBridge

- The protocol that all Blocknet-enabled nodes will use to communicate, across different blockchains.

Telehash

- http://telehash.org/

DHT

- Distributed Hash Tables: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributed_hash_table

mesh

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking

interim wallet

- We have released regular PoS wallets for holders of Blocknet tokens to use.
- This is only for the interim period between the ITO and the launch of the Blocknet's technology.

a) what specific / consumer oriented end-product you want to achieve

The OP should do this adequately, but I can put it in a sentence if you like: the Blocknet makes the features of every altcoin integrated into it a service rendered to every participating coin. That said, it's not directly consumer oriented; it's an infrastructure. The apps/wallets that developers create will be consumer-oriented.

You can start with this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9296247#msg9296247
And then move onto this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9306600#msg9306600

Dan Metcalf's identity is public, and so is mine: http://xc-official.com/the-xc-team/
When the foundation and team is formalised, you can expect more people's identities to be made public (though not necessarily everyone's).

Yes, the marketing has been prepared before the technology. The terms of the ITO entail funding first, code later. Presumably anyone not happy with this proposal didn't buy Blocknet tokens.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 05:37:32 PM

Hello all,

just wanted to provide an update, due to the amount of noise from the trolls creating FUD to lower the market price, its hard to communicate directly with real blocknet enthusiasts.

As I stated, we will have a test/prototype p2p daemon by the end of the month, if not sooner and with that a clear roadmap and other details regarding this project.

While things may seem to be in a lull currently, it is just part of the process of putting everything in order

I'm available via PM for any questions as its hard to keep up w/ all the noise from trolls.

Dan

Thank you. The are allowing us to pass time, so it's really no big issue. We have our blocks and not looking to profit any time soon.

Thanks for the updates, they are the most valuable at this point.

wnw

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Pages: « 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: