Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:33:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE ARRIVED!  (Read 50096 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 03:39:04 PM

Anyone on east cost gotten their yet?  I think my mailman stole mine.  I would have let him borrow it all he had to do was ask.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ildubbioso

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 03:58:53 PM

Any receivers in Europe yet?

Not in Italy  Cry
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 04:48:06 PM

You know what! I'm getting pretty sick and tire of all this bullshit about Bitcoin Magazine. I got mine, so why don't everybody else just STFU. (this reminds me of something--wasn't there a controversy about that acronym and BM?)  Wink

~Cackling Bear~

Besides, there are more important things going on that currently need addressing: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64504.msg932889#msg932889

~Bruno~

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 04:52:25 PM

Hi, I'm Vitalik Buterin, currently the main writer for the magazine (and I'm sure you guys all know me from the website Smiley ).

The writers made some assumptions about their audience in some of the pieces here and there, which makes some of the content fly over the heads of the newbies.

Thank you for this kind of criticism. I would be glad to hear what people's non-technical wives, grandparents, husbands, etc think about the content in the Bitcoin magazine - both the technical "how stuff works" (which is intended to be a series) and the more business-themed pieces. It's difficult for both me and everyone I work with to imagine reading our magazine without having been exposed to the various technical intricacies, historical events and cultural memes that our community is so steeped with, so we would benefit greatly from that kind of feedback.

Thanks for your openness on this.

I've recently placed the magazine into the hands of folks who are interested, but not exactly technically savvy. I'll be sure to check on what they found easy to digest, and what they didn't, and comment on it.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 04:54:18 PM

Hi, I'm Vitalik Buterin, currently the main writer for the magazine (and I'm sure you guys all know me from the website Smiley ).

The writers made some assumptions about their audience in some of the pieces here and there, which makes some of the content fly over the heads of the newbies.

Thank you for this kind of criticism. I would be glad to hear what people's non-technical wives, grandparents, husbands, etc think about the content in the Bitcoin magazine - both the technical "how stuff works" (which is intended to be a series) and the more business-themed pieces. It's difficult for both me and everyone I work with to imagine reading our magazine without having been exposed to the various technical intricacies, historical events and cultural memes that our community is so steeped with, so we would benefit greatly from that kind of feedback.

Thanks for your openness on this.

I've recently placed the magazine into the hands of folks who are interested, but not exactly technically savvy. I'll be sure to check on what they found easy to digest, and what they didn't, and comment on it.

I love you.

Just sayin'.

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 05:09:48 PM

You know what! I'm getting pretty sick and tire of all this bullshit about Bitcoin Magazine. I got mine, so why don't everybody else just STFU. (this reminds me of something--wasn't there a controversy about that acronym and BM?)  Wink

Yes, I believe the issue is that the acronym BM could also stand for bowel movement.

Just kidding.  I get to eat my crow - for that and for the time I suggested Matthew ought to get the scammer label for then-nondelivery - hats off to those guys for doing such a good job on issue #1 of the magazine, they (including Matthew) definitely have earned my respect.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 05:43:17 PM

Look what came today on the East Coast. Grin

Will post review once I finish reading.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 31, 2012, 05:47:31 PM

Look what came today on the East Coast. Grin

https://i.imgur.com/LY3j2l.jpg

Will post review once I finish reading.

A pair of shoes from China?
You could've chosen a better color.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 08:14:49 PM

What's wrong with this image and can somebody fix it?

Everything is wrong with that image... OH you mean the magazine.  Wink

I wish I could photoshop. I would replace the head with Matthew's head, convert the arms and legs to hoofs, and replace the mag with Bitcoin Magazine. As an added touch, I would somehow put Atlas's poster on the wall, change the vanity into a safe, the bicycle wheel into a giant Bitcoin logo, and hang a pair of extended grippers, as seen in RandyFold's avatar, on the wall as well. Well I'm at it, I would put a Santa beard on the shelf and a discarded photo of Lady Bytes and a pair of alpaca socks on the floor.

~Bruno~
BIGMERVE

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 08:28:08 PM

How's this?

Littleshop
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 10:17:25 PM

Anyone on east cost gotten their yet?  I think my mailman stole mine.  I would have let him borrow it all he had to do was ask.

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2012, 11:18:18 PM

Looks like Mr Obama received his copy and is showing it off to his advisers:

...saying "Guess what I got?"... as they respond: "Titcoin?  Witcoin?  Shitcoin?"... pretending they have never heard of a Bitcoin before, even though they pay prostitutes with them daily.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BIGMERVE

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 12:55:21 AM

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:09:02 AM

Anyone on east cost gotten their yet?  I think my mailman stole mine.  I would have let him borrow it all he had to do was ask.

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

Yeah mine arrived today too.  Sweet.  My wife's response.  "They got a magazine now" (WTF? who is this "they" and why was I excluded) Smiley
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 02:10:39 AM

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

Yeah mine arrived today too.  Sweet.  My wife's response.  "They got a magazine now" (WTF? who is this "they" and why was I excluded) Smiley

Bitcoin Illuminati? Who said anything about a Bitcoin Illuminati? I certainly have never heard of or been a member of the Bitcoin Illuminati. I'm certain that they don't exist and that you're making them up.

Just stop talking about the Bitcoin Illuminati already.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:30:57 AM

East coast here, mine came today.  LOOKS GREAT!!  Nice to see my ad too.  Smiley

Thanks Matt!

Yeah mine arrived today too.  Sweet.  My wife's response.  "They got a magazine now" (WTF? who is this "they" and why was I excluded) Smiley

Bitcoin Illuminati? Who said anything about a Bitcoin Illuminati? I certainly have never heard of or been a member of the Bitcoin Illuminati. I'm certain that they don't exist and that you're making them up.

Just stop talking about the Bitcoin Illuminati already.
Shhh

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:49:44 AM

Neighbors must of though I was crazzy when I went to my mailbox then broke down into a gut laugh.

b/c you had a magazine?  or b/c it still wasn't there?  I'm confused why you were laughing?  That seems like a silly response...

Maybe I need to see the cover...

I was laughing because I ordered so long ago and kinda forgot about it. It was also in a USPS envelope (also not in plastic) so it was a little extra of a suprise by not like recieving a normal magazine. It seems pretty expensive but I think I just might subscribe , it was a good read.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 02:50:50 AM

Looks like Mr Obama received his copy and is showing it off to his advisers:

Oh man that's hilarious. I love this forum  Tongue

BTW mag arrived in Vegas today wooohhooooo!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 03:36:32 AM

Now put the anonymous mask on Obama's face, and we may have a winner.

~Bruno~
BIGMERVE

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2012, 04:15:58 AM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: