Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop gambling....  (Read 4507 times)
Watoshi-Dimobuto (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:10:42 AM

Just send 1 satoshi to your own bitcoin address (or to mine) without any fee. That will stop you from gambling at least for a few days.  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:11:33 AM

Just send 1 satoshi to your own bitcoin address (or to mine) without any fee. That will stop you from gambling at least for a few days.  Grin

How would sending one satoshi help?

Watoshi-Dimobuto (OP)

Yes!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:13:30 AM

Just send 1 satoshi to your own bitcoin address (or to mine) without any fee. That will stop you from gambling at least for a few days.  Grin

It will lock your funds till it gets 1 confirmation. You have to send from the address which you have to lock.

You will get it unlocked in a few days. (Don't blame me if it takes forever.)
caga

Activity: 238

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:17:00 AM

Just send 1 satoshi to your own bitcoin address (or to mine) without any fee. That will stop you from gambling at least for a few days.  Grin

It will lock your funds till it gets 1 confirmation. You have to send from the address which you have to lock.

Ah, I see. Nice way to stop gambling, but if I want to spend it, and it is locked for more time than I expect, then that might be trouble. I think, holding the funds at an escrow might also be a good option.

thompete

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:21:58 AM

Ah, I see. Nice way to stop gambling, but if I want to spend it, and it is locked for more time than I expect, then that might be trouble. I think, holding the funds at an escrow might also be a good option.

You can also send it to a family member to hold the private keys, for a month or a later time. Or make a paper wallet and ask someone to lock it away.

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:23:30 AM

I got a even better idea. Send all your bitcoin to me, and then you won't have any bitcoin to gamble.
The great point is that it will work for a longer period time, until you get more bitcoin later and send it to me as well.

Of course, I am just joking. Cheesy
carlosiness

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:23:36 AM

haha, good way to protect somebody from gambling:)

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED, BUT THIS ASSHOLE DIDN'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD. I DON'T USED THIS FORUM FOR AGES. YOU COULD SEE IT FROM MY ACTIVITY. I USED THIS FORUM FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BTC FROM SIGNATURES.. NOW I SEE TERRIBLE POSTS AND CRIMINAL OFFENSE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL WHO HARMED FROM THIS LAYER ASSHOLE.. I exported my outbox when he was doing dirty jobs.. OUTBOX HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
sherbyspark

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:31:29 AM

You can also send it to a family member to hold the private keys, for a month or a later time. Or make a paper wallet and ask someone to lock it away.

This is by far the best way. The other methods involves risk. And the paper wallet method is better in case your family member or friend is not too good with computers and might end up losing the private key.
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:35:33 AM

stupid, bet your own one sat, once you reach 2 sat, keep 1 in safety and continue with the second one... but you need to be a successful gambler for this ingenious plan to work, but it's infallible what ever the outcome, because if you lose you would be stopped too.  Grin

money is faster...
Watoshi-Dimobuto (OP)

Yes!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:37:45 AM

This is by far the best way. The other methods involves risk. And the paper wallet method is better in case your family member or friend is not too good with computers and might end up losing the private key.

That is the same as my suggestion since you are more related to you that anyone else.  Wink

Send it to the future you...
cheekychap

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:46:52 AM

Nice method. How long does it usually take for a transaction with no fee to confirm?

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:48:42 AM

Just cold storage it, and put it in a case with spikes Cheesy
arvindr

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:51:53 AM

Nice method. How long does it usually take for a transaction with no fee to confirm?

You can never know when such a transaction will get confirmed. Once, its picked up by a miner which is random, only then it gets confirmed.

Watoshi-Dimobuto (OP)

Yes!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:58:36 AM

stupid, bet your own one sat, once you reach 2 sat, keep 1 in safety and continue with the second one... but you need to be a successful gambler for this ingenious plan to work, but it's infallible what ever the outcome, because if you lose you would be stopped too.  Grin

That isn't really stopping gambling...

That is gambling till you lose. The idea is not to lose.  Wink
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:44:59 PM

Another way is to be encrypt your bitcoin wallet using a long password from the random generator and write down on a piece of paper and put it in your bank safe. This way you won't be tempted to gamble when it is too troublesome to unlock your wallet.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
Ludi

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:58:22 PM

Hardly foolproof. Most people have more than one address so they might have to send many satoshis, but this wont really stop a gambler anyway as the desperate ones will just buy more or find a way around it.

stainedglass

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

That isn't really stopping gambling...

That is gambling till you lose. The idea is not to lose.  Wink

How can you not lose in gambling?
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:24:07 PM

wish I had only one address.

And no coins on exchanges.

And could afford block my own coins for few days
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:27:03 PM

gamble until all of bitcoin gone
feel regret at the last.

Find some blessing !
and tomorrow you're be a better man Cool
Southpaw0
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1010

666 - slave 2 the grind -

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:31:24 PM

Sleep it off, wake up the next morning and make a choice that youre never going to gamble again.

ill handcuff you to the shower and put an apple in your mouth with the water running on cold then you handcuff me to the bed and go to town.. just dont BURN the house down with your hot ass oven cus i will be dead and you will be gone
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: