Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:34:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Blocknet  (Read 11033 times)
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:01:49 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 11:56:02 PM by Spoetnik

Have a look at this guys..

someone tipped me off saying they are asking for like 1,200 2,500 BTC or something for an IPO
then i looked at the first page picture info and then the last page both are warning signs !

first of all this whole picture only routine is scammy !
and i seen this concept with a picture in another topic here like 2 months back or something so i think it's the same guy etc
that other older topic was in alt main here somewhere and the concept was the same pretty much and it was a picture only too !

then.. i looked at the last page of that ANN topic (posted OCT 20th 2014) for Blocknet and i see the OP talking about it being closed source.
then the guy on chat told me fuck all has been released..

so.. that ANN topic is of course self moderated LOL

Hence the discussion here..

I hope it's obvious people should be cautious about that Blocknet project ....i heard more than enough to stay way Wink

i also said on chat earlier, i bet the Monero and HYP guys commissioned that project to lure me away from their two coins hahahaha
But seriously though.. what if they did  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

edit:
I forgot to add the ANN topic link for Blocknet =  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0

edit2:
- Updated IPO amount (it's 2500 not 1200)
- Also there is reports of questions going unanswered too (worth mentioning / red flag)

FUD first & ask questions later™

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:12:06 PM

cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:19:12 PM

'trade with extreme caution'  Grin

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:27:18 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 03:12:06 PM by Spoetnik

'trade with extreme caution'  Grin

i think you meant "tarde" that is how i spell it anyway Wink

i think it's.. Invest in Ponzi IPO with caution !

there is nothing to "trade" yet.. pay them first lol

i bet all the Monero rage-dumping ongoing is so they can invest in their brand new scam baby..

FUD first & ask questions later™
cassius69

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:11:12 PM

'trade with extreme caution'  Grin

i think you might "tarde" that is how i spell it anyway Wink

i think it's.. Invest in Ponzi IPO with caution !

there is nothing to "trade" yet.. pay them first lol

i bet all the Monero rage-dumping ongoing is so they can invest in their brand new scam baby..

makes sense. anyone thinking of investing should look at the price charts of supernet...it's like a ski-slope  Grin

Mr.Wonderful

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:23:09 PM

You people are assholes. Nothing better to do then fud coins or ideas. You are killing crypto. All because shadow coin sucks and you are

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/gempix/butthurt-o-meter-1.gif
junkskin

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:26:22 PM

You people are assholes. Nothing better to do then fud coins or ideas. You are killing crypto. All because shadow coin sucks and you are

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn84/gempix/butthurt-o-meter-1.gif
I agree with You
cassius69

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:36:04 PM

you are an asshole too and you gave crypto ebola  Grin

Jimmy_Zed

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:39:01 PM

I had a strange feeling from the start. It was just too good to be true. "The Internet of Blockchains" and other mantras spreading around. The reality is that there is nothing behind the blocknet , they do not even have a whitepaper. It is just a made up thing, that they claim they will develop after they get 2,500 BTC in funding.

Your post is spot on Spoetnik - and people who have been around know you are a legit person, one of the best known people on BTC talk, that's why your claim carries much more weight then if it was posted from a newbie account.

I was following the blocknet thread for the last couple of days, and multiple people were asking legit technical questions, and the "representative" was just dismissing these questions. Raised suspicion right there.

However - I never thought that somebody would be so bold to make a scam this big. We are not talking about Bitswift and it's 300 BTC IPO, this is something 10 times larger 10 million tokens selling for 25 K satoshi - 2,500 BTC , a nice little million USD.

The magnitude of this is getting scary, it seems that the scams are getting much more elaborate and are on a much larger scale. We are talking thousands of BTC here.

Jimmy Zed
Mr.Wonderful

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:39:48 PM

Yeah Jimmy, how did I know I would find you here. Roll Eyes

Jimmy hows your pump and dump crew coming along?
Jimmy_Zed

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:44:10 PM

Yeah Jimmy, how did I know I would find you here. Roll Eyes

Jimmy hows your pump and dump crew coming along?

Not as good as your group Bob. Guess you had to reveal your cards sooner or later and dump that bitswift scam.

Mr.Wonderful

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:45:58 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 05:03:14 PM by Mr.Wonderful

I didn't dump. Still holding strong. Its you riding Bobs jock that dumped. That's ok you are out now so it will be rebound. Its all good.

You lost btc dumping like that. Do you feel better now Jimmy?
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:07:37 PM

Funny thing is XCurrency supporters support blocknet.  When framing / justifying why they need so many bitcoins the story is "it's a lot of work".  When concerns are raised that it will slow down XCurrency development it's "only going to take blah blah blah"  Dan is supposedly the mastermined but it "won't distract him from XCurrency"  There are other developers involved in the project who have not been named.   Roll Eyes

Look at this tired old "I tried to hard" website - http://xc-official.com/
Vs the effort put into the new one - http://theblocknet.com/

From what I can tell the Blocknet is mostly and API + decentralized exchange.  Websites say it all.  Off with the old, on with the new.

However - I never thought that somebody would be so bold to make a scam this big.

haha this is what I can't figure out.  They do their IPO without even listing devs or answering technical questions.

Even if everything works (no timelines committed to or talked about) in three months do you really think you're going to want to send 1,000 XC worth $250 using the SMS coin that by the time it dumps and you account for slippage in the exchange you'll have $35?  They're building an empty city (actually pinkie swearing to build an empty city while abandoning the last city they were working on after they get some bitcoins)

They're getting smarter too.  Taking bitcoins instead of just pre-orders of the currency / assets they plan on creating Tongue
Mr.Wonderful

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:20:09 PM

Dan Metcalf has done more for crypto then these clowns will ever think of. Who are you people to criticize him? Starting to wonder if these fudders are paid to fud. That's the only thing that would make sense of their behavior.
UnicornFarts

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:25:24 PM

Dan Metcalf has done more for crypto then these clowns will ever think of. Who are you people to criticize him? Starting to wonder if these fudders are paid to fud. That's the only thing that would make sense of their behavior.

Dude - no he hasn't.  He paid another developer to launch XC.  He brought some really really old development experience into the game and has been pushing a closed sourced codebase with his two full time marketing people.

What ... exactly do you think he's done for cryptocurrency?

I mean - I guess he's pumped shitcoins like this and advertised the charges?

http://xc-official.com/xcurrency-code-reviews-the-de-facto-standard-of-legitimacy-among-altcoins.html

When in reality they look like this.

Mr.Wonderful

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:27:01 PM

Dude - no he hasn't.  He paid another developer to launch XC.  He brought some really really old development experience into the game and has been pushing a closed sourced codebase with his two full time marketing people.

Whats on your resume? Sham cloak and Shadow? Come on get real with yourself.
UnicornFarts

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:28:38 PM

Dude - no he hasn't.  He paid another developer to launch XC.  He brought some really really old development experience into the game and has been pushing a closed sourced codebase with his two full time marketing people.

Whats on your resume? Sham cloak and Shadow? Come on get real with yourself.

Lol NOPE!  I'm a true altcoin observer.  I own two coins in the top 10 that are in no way competing with XC.  Just hate that these clowns are still sucking people dry.
Mr.Wonderful

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:43:44 PM

XC has continued to stay relevant for longer than most. Cloak gone already, Shadow is on its way. A year from now XC will still be kicking and innovating and your coins will be a forgotten memory.

Why do all these coin communities ask for Dans assistance in getting bugs worked out and audits? Has anyone asked you for any help like that?
Palmdetroit
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:44:48 PM

Instead of having 1,000 threads all over the place calling scams for whatever reason, since its subjective in nature, maybe one thread of coins that are not being declared scams?

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 05:47:57 PM

Spoetnik in full effect.

Nothing gets past this guy.  Lol

Bravo, brother!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All